Deposition: Robyn Adams

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So you are saying an attention getter. Pretty much like the "my father and brother molested me" story?
Exactly.
Her sociopath mind recovered pretty quickly from her bodies immediate plunge into fight or flight mode IMO. She was talking about football shortly after her initial pain and nausea etc. IIRC Then possibly hours later, when the meds have reached their full medicinal impact, she morphs into hysteria. I'm not buying it.
Her consciousness of guilt and perp walk past the heckling /spitting triggered hysteria perhaps, but she was signed out of the infirmary as calm and cooperate or they wouldn't have signed her out at all.
It's interesting though. I doubt Robin is a great judge of character or she wouldn't be in Federal Prison leaving motherless children in her wake IMO.

I don't think Robyn is a very good judge of character. She chose a life of crime with her husband over the welfare of her children. Not someone who has shown good judgment. jmo

..i wonder if, in her depo, she was willing to give it 100% yet ??

http://www.wftv.com/pdf/23070094/detail.html
---Robyn Adams with FDLE 2-12-2010---

CW: Okay. Everything that we talked about today from zero to a hundred percent, how much have
you told me of what you know about Casey?

RA: There's different aspects to that cause I think things I talked to you about today is more just
answering questions um I feel like I've gotten to know this person very well.

CW: So based upon what I know, what you told me today, what percent do I know of everything
you know about Casey? Eighty percent, fifty percent?

RA: About eighty.
CW: Eighty.
RA: Seventy five, eighty.

CW: Seventy five to eighty. Is there is the other twenty/twenty five percent just cause I haven't
asked any questions or is it just because your not ready to give me that other twenty five
percent?
RA: There's a lot that...

CW: Or it's just not relevant.
RA: Well again I don't know what's relevant and what's not, I didn't think these would be
relevant.
CW: Is there any way we are going to get to a hundred percent today.?

RA: Well I think there's a lot of things I'd like to have an attorney to talk to before I could really
elaborate on.

I guess in these depos they have to walk a fine line when questioning the other side. They want to get all the info the witness knows, but don't want to uncover something not already known. KWIM?

Interesting that Robyn confirms that KC said Caylee was found with a black bag and a baby blanket. IIRC, when KC was informed of the finding of a child's body by the chaplain, he did not mention any baby blanket. So unless KC heard that from someone else in the 24 hours between them finding Caylee and her talking to Robyn, that is kinda damning.

Another greedy ghoul thinking she could make some money by befriending/associating with sweet little Cayle Marie's murderer.

A couple of things stand out to me in those few pages.

Number 1:

Page #37
Baez/question: Okay, what also did she tell you about her case?

Robyn/answer: When - - investigators found Caylee, before the remains were identified as Caylee, that night was a rare occasion when we did not speak.

Baez/question: Why is that?

Robyn/answer: She didn't want to speak at all. She didn't want to talk to anybody.

Baez/question: Everyone knew that they had found Caylee - - - Let me rephrase that.

Robyn/answer: Verify everyone.

Baez/question: Do you think it was pretty common knowledge around the dorm that they had found Caylee?

Robyn/answer: Around the dorm, no. Because the one TV that's in there has no volumn, and I do believe that the officiers were respectfull enough not to keep it on the news.

My bolding above, shows where Baez, IMO, *steps in it" with his question and his *admission* of it being Caylee that was found, rather than asking or saying a body that had not been ID'd yet.

Then, on to page 43, and take in mind that this depo was taken on March 17, we see that Baez, IMO, really didn't mean a word of his "public apology to Jeff Ashton", because he once again is mucking it up and is hostile to him.

Baez: I would ask that you make legal objections Jeff, and not - -

JA: which - - -

Baez: That's not, - - that's not a proper objection.

By Mr.Baez: Let me rephrase the question before he goes off. He's about to.
This last comment was indented, as if it was said off the cuff.

Then, in referance to Casey's demeaner and her hysterical-type crying. This was the day after the remains of Caylee were found, after midnight.
Robyn told earlier that she did not see or talk to Casey the day that Caylee was found at all.
From other reports, from the officer that took her to the medical area, waited while she got her tranquilizer, took her to Baez that day, and back to her cell; we know that once she was back to her cell, Casey asked to take a shower.
The officer let her, and before the officer left her shift that evening, she stopped in to see if Casey was alright and or needed anything.
She said that Casey was fine.

So, the next day, and after midnight, is when she was crying so badly.
IMO, for herself ~ She had had plenty of time to talk to both of her "Jose's", and she knew she was busted dead to rights.
Those tears were for no one but herself, and possibly Robyn, for *show*.
More than likely though, herself, IMO.

Interesting that Robyn confirms that KC said Caylee was found with a black bag and a baby blanket. IIRC, when KC was informed of the finding of a child's body by the chaplain, he did not mention any baby blanket. So unless KC heard that from someone else in the 24 hours between them finding Caylee and her talking to Robyn, that is kinda damning.

To be fair, the media was reporting that a skull had been found in a black plastic garbage bag, and, Casey had spoken to Baez by the time she finally spoke to Robyn a full day later after midnight.
Casey was taken to the infirmary and was made to wait with the tv on with the news breaking as she sat there. So, she could have heard the part about the garbage bag even before she spoke to the chaplain, and then Baez.

However, where she gets herself into a sticky whicket is by adding in the baby blanket, which had never been spoken of to the media.
And, I don't believe that this early on, that Baez would have known of it either from the media, LE, CSI, FBI or the state attorney's office.
That little tid-bit, was certainly inside info that only the person responsible would have had knowledge of; and shared with their attorney and possibly, their private investigator, ie; Dominic Casey for example.
Who then *may have* passed on said info to the grandparents, or, **cough**, a great mysytical seer in New Jersey, for example.

That wouldn't be a Freudian slip now would it, Mr. Baez? ;)

No, that's his bitterness showing that he wasn't allowed in to the area where the remains were far before they were indentified as Caylee's. We all knew it was Caylee's remains. He's just po'ed that LE did what they were supposed to do and not let him into the remains scene until after they were verified as Caylee's. It was his little shot back at that so he could get it on record. These depos really highlight his egotism and selfishness. He really thinks he's like a Law and Order attorney or something. Sheesh.

No, that's his bitterness showing that he wasn't allowed in to the area where the remains were far before they were indentified as Caylee's. We all knew it was Caylee's remains. He's just po'ed that LE did what they were supposed to do and not let him into the remains scene until after they were verified as Caylee's. It was his little shot back at that so he could get it on record. These depos really highlight his egotism and selfishness. He really thinks he's like a Law and Order attorney or something. Sheesh.

Hah!! I love how fellow WS's have JB's Number!! :great::great:

He did better than usual during these hearings; but he still comes off as sleaze and he has the perennial smurk on this face.

IMO Robins account of ICA being hysterical, crying etc.is neither here or there. It's just her subjective opinion and it won't outweight the subjective opinions of the medical staff that were present. ICA had received medication for her angst by the time she was back at her cell and visible to Robin.
I don't remember but I don't believe she was ever put on suicide watch after learning a childs remains had been found and you'd think she would have been. I don't think medical procedure would have allowed them to sedate ICA without observing her afterwards for a set length of time and I just don't see them dragging a hysterical, UIPG, medicated inmate back to her cell. IMO she would have been calm and cooperative or they wouldn't have transferred her back at all.
I think Robin saw a performance. ICA morphing into what the situation expected her to morph into.

That is what sociopaths do, mock others reactions because they don't know what is acceptable or normal behavior. They don't have the same feelings as us. Funny, I have always felt that the more I heard about Casey she was putting on a show for whoever she was around at that time for what she thought was what or who they wanted her to be. Casey has no real identity. Although I do believe she tried to act the part of a loving, caring mother in front of Cindy especially it was just that, an act. Like a chameleon but in Casey's case I'd say she is more of a freak of nature and she knows it.

Q Did she say what was the condition of her body?
A She said it was in a black bag and a baby blanket, is what they found.

I sure wish that they had asked for a more precise quote of what KC said here. Because, if I'm not mistaken, the media reported that a skull had been found in a bag, not a body. So if KC really did say that her body was found in a black bag that sort of shows that she knew the entire body had been in the bag ie since she dumped the entire body in the bag, she expected the entire body to still be in the bag, not just the skull.

He did better than usual during these hearings; but he still comes off as sleaze and he has the perennial smurk on this face.

It does give me the warm fuzzies to watch him at work. He does half the Prosecution's
work for them so he's not all bad! :innocent:

First my apologies if this has already been discussed, I was only supposed to take a short break before cleaning my house but got sucked into reading this one thread.

Ok.. so this is what worries me about Robyn's depo:
http://www.cfnews13.com/static/articles/images/documents/Roybn-Adams-0319.pdf

Page 16: reason for keeping letters, "defining moment in my life"....

My comment - duh... providing evidence to help convict a child murderer and possibly a reduced sentence for yourself. I can't fault her if she is trying to do the right thing and benefiting for herself. If you break it down into basic cost/benefit ratios and basic survival instincts, especially if you are "caged" - your primary goal is to survive and get out ASAP. Can you imagine how much you'd want it if you had young children growing up without you?

I do wonder why the SA didn't press her harder during the depo or bring up her letters to Tracey? I'm sure JB will use it to attack her credibility/motivation later but still....

Robyn/Casey/Tracy letters from earlier document release:
http://www.wesh.com/download/2010/0406/23069066.pdf

Page 20, October 24, 2008: Robyn begins sending Casey's letters to Tracy because "she can't keep them in jail".
(my question - why not flush, isn't that what Casey was doing?)

Page 62, February 23, 2009: Robyn caught with letters and expects it to be the last batch...asks Tracy if she "thinks this will be worth anything someday, spot on the Today Show or Oprah?"

Page 98, April 3, 2009: begs Tracy for forgiveness and writes "this may be my only way out of prison sooner than my expected term"

Page 99 from same letter: "my way of bargaining would be gone"

Page 101: "share the letters with my dad to see if he thinks there is something useful to help me."

She also talks about betraying someone for no reason, yadda, yadda, yadda but her motivation is clear.... which again, I understand but worry it will affect her credibility since she continues to imply she was "innocently safe-keeping the letters at first and only later looking to use them as bargaining chips". Hopefully the SA will not give her even a stick of gum in exchange... but her depo vs. her letters don't look very promising for a credible witness... JMO

There is also another troublesome area of her deposition. She said Casey didn't go into details about the molestation. Casey did, right down to the type of bra she wore. There were other details too about what Lee did, that's the only one that stands out without going back and reading her letters. I don't think the prosecution should use her. She isn't needed and the defense will use her to distract the jury from the more important evidence.

IMO

There is also another troublesome area of her deposition. She said Casey didn't go into details about the molestation. Casey did, right down to the type of bra she wore. There were other details too about what Lee did, that's the only one that stands out without going back and reading her letters. I don't think the prosecution should use her. She isn't needed and the defense will use her to distract the jury from the more important evidence.

IMO

ITA, unless they plan on using her for mitigation purposes-

However, the state has good counter argument for this. First KC developed details about her molestation as she went along. With JB and TL, she did not go into detail with either. Then suddenly with Robyn, she remember a sports bra coming over her head-which, BTW, I think will sound fishy to the jury in the way that KC said it, as if taking a bra over someone's head would not wake them up and they would not remember that clearly. She "woke up" with her bra over her head? Was she plastered before she fell aleep?

Then, with GA, she tells RA, IIRC, that she thinks she could have been molested by George. Sorry, not thick enough-I am of the belief that she would remember this if it had happened.

Further weight for the jury to throw out this notion is that KC is a liar, and most of the time, not a very good one, IMO.

There is also another troublesome area of her deposition. She said Casey didn't go into details about the molestation. Casey did, right down to the type of bra she wore. There were other details too about what Lee did, that's the only one that stands out without going back and reading her letters. I don't think the prosecution should use her. She isn't needed and the defense will use her to distract the jury from the more important evidence. IMO

I totally agree! I just never really found her to be credible either.

ITA, unless they plan on using her for mitigation purposes-

However, the state has good counter argument for this. First KC developed details about her molestation as she went along. With JB and TL, she did not go into detail with either. Then suddenly with Robyn, she remember a sports bra coming over her head-which, BTW, I think will sound fishy to the jury in the way that KC said it, as if taking a bra over someone's head would not wake them up and they would not remember that clearly. She "woke up" with her bra over her head? Was she plastered before she fell aleep?

It was over her head?? I thought it was just "pushed up".

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CatD
Back