Deputies seek public’s help in HaLeigh case/update:woman contacts LE

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
many estheticians wear scrubs too... people who do manicures, pedicures, facials, etc - spa services... they wear name badges and many salon/spa names are embroidered on the chest/sleeve.

and you know the stereotype of how people "gab" when they are getting these types of treatments... maybe a client talked??

oh how i hope everything that's going on leads to closure on this case...

Being that the letter was in a fully addressed sealed envelope, it seems to me that she had the intention of mailing the envelope, but decided it was just too important to mail and hand-delivered it instead. She probably didn't think she would be caught on camera.

Hmm, Lexington, good thought. But in my experience over the years many a press release has been delivered to the papers I've worked for that were in sealed envelopes, fully addressed as if they could go into the U.S. Mail but instead were dropped off at the front desk.
I'm just gauging this from my own experience.
I'm impressed with all the input from WS members. Glad I'm here now.

I dunno. The newspaper sure as heck isn't going to go out there and lead a search. Speaking of searches...how come there haven't been any scheduled by the locals? I would think something should be planned. Anyone know of any?

LE said awhile back they didn't want the family or anyone else out searching.

I was thinking the same thing,a man trying to look like a woman..possibly?
I think she walks like a woman, not a man. And, it almost looks like she has double barrettes in her pony tail. It's hard to tell, but just after she turns, it looks like a one dark barrette at the top and another about 4" below that. It may just be the lighting. But it's definitely a barrette at the top.

Hmm, Lexington, good thought. But in my experience over the years many a press release has been delivered to the papers I've worked for that were in sealed envelopes, fully addressed as if they could go into the U.S. Mail but instead were dropped off at the front desk.
I'm just gauging this from my own experience.
I'm impressed with all the input from WS members. Glad I'm here now.

It is a most interesting development in the case. And a lot of those letters delivered to newspapers in past cases turned out to be valuable to the case.

Now I'm wondering why, after so many months gone by, was this tip written out and given to the media, which they'd know historically would end up in police hands? It has to have something to do with a recent development - the search at the pond, Misty fingered to be not home on the evening Haleigh went missing for instance.

And it could be something like either the search or what Tommy said made her remember something and she just has to give it to someone who is responsible. IMO

HIPAA violations have to do with medical information and privacy information. Unless she treated Haleigh, I don't see this as being a problem.

So, you're saying if she treated Haleigh, say, last week, she couldn't say anything cuz of HIPAA? There must be a way around that --

HIPAA violations have to do with medical information privacy information. Unless she treated Haleigh, I don't see this as being a problem.

If she treated, seen, overheard, any players in this case while on the job, she couldnt say anything at all. Unless she seen an indangered, hurt missing kid. She cant say I seen this person this time, I gave this person this, doesnt matter who it is or what was wrong with them. She cant even tell people that she works with ANYTHING, unless they need to know.

Well then I must be also...cause this sure does make sense to me.

That means allot coming from you RR. ;}

I was very struck by what the gentleman from the paper said. He seems to be the spokesman for the paper and possibly the one dealing with LE on the note. I can't imagine him saying that without the approval of LE. That just makes it that much more possible to me it is a D*MM good kettle blower of a note!

If she treated, seen, overheard, any players in this case while on the job, she couldnt say anything at all. Unless she seen an indangered, hurt missing kid. She cant say I seen this person this time, I gave this person this, doesnt matter who it is or what was wrong with them. She cant even tell people that she works with ANYTHING, unless they need to know.

I think if that was the case, she had overheard someone say something, with the 70,000 reward she wouldn't care much about the Hipaa law. Maybe what someone else said is closer to the truth she was just a delivery girl, has no clue what the letter says or pertains to.

So, you're saying if she treated Haleigh, say, last week, she couldn't say anything cuz of HIPAA? There must be a way around that --

If she seen Haleigh, this case would be over by now, she could call the cops right then and there. If she treated MC, last week, she couldnt say anything. If she only seen MC while at work, she couldnt say anything. If she treated MC and then next shift comes on and sees MC leaving, she couldnt say anything to the new shift, she couldnt even say yes thats her.

That means allot coming from you RR. ;}

I was very struck by what the gentleman from the paper said. He seems to be the spokesman for the paper and possibly the one dealing with LE on the note. I can't imagine him saying that without the approval of LE. That just makes it that much more possible to me it is a D*MM good kettle blower of a note!

(bolded by me)

Hi scandi,

I think you're right about that. He chose the word "volatile" to describe the contents of this note if they prove to be true. Yikes!

(bolded by me)

Hi scandi,

I think you're right about that. He chose the word "volatile" to describe the contents of this note if they prove to be true. Yikes!

Oh Kat, Let it be the reason that now leads to finding Haleigh and solving the case. I hardly ever get excited like this and know it isn't the chicken noodle soup I just ate! LOL xox

Yes, because she knew he was interested in the case.

I think that too, and he's also the associate editor. Not just the title of a reporter with a byline.

I think if that was the case, she had overheard someone say something, with the 70,000 reward she wouldn't care much about the Hipaa law. Maybe what someone else said is closer to the truth she was just a delivery girl, has no clue what the letter says or pertains to.

If she breaks these laws, not only could she lose her license forever, she could go to jail. She could be sued for tons of money. 70k isnt much at all when you think of what she could lose, her livelihood, her freedom, her bank account.

Oh Kat, Let it be the reason that now leads to finding Haleigh and solving the case. I hardly ever get excited like this and know it isn't the chicken noodle soup I just ate! LOL xox

Oh Scandi, I hope so!

There has been so much movement in Haleigh's case over the last week or so, I am hoping this is what leads her home!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow
Back