Detectives Confident In Case Against Anthony

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Whoa ...

The investigators' reports show that Casey Anthony's computer files included an image titled "girl" which depicts a drawing of a little girl with long straight hair and in a striped shirt staring up at a teddy bear that is hanging from a hangman's noose.

The caption reads: Why do people kill people, who kill people, to show people that to kill people is bad?

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...thony-caylee-documents-092608,0,6419224.story

Hope a date comes with the image. Is she against the death penalty or was she wondering if she will get the death penalty??????

ETA: I think the latter.

is it possible for casey to be tried for murder without a body??
Hi Exit. (never got to say, "Hi.") Yes it is. The problem with no body is determining cause of death, but they can still prove that a death occurred.

Hope a date comes with the image. Is she against the death penalty or was she wondering if she will get the death penalty??????

ETA: I think the latter.

May have been one of her nightmares..
She knows her a$$ is had, she is just counting down her days now..
How horrific of a find that must have been..

Thy can also charge her with murder 1st degree, if they can prove the death occurred during aggravated child abuse.

They would not have to have or prove pre-meditation in that event, to have a death penalty case. GOOD.

jmo

Has anyone ever found out who sent LE the cell phone picture of Caylee with the bruises? I have not seen any info on this since the bond hearing.

:smiliescale:

I really think it may get to a point, unless we are already there, where there will be NO DEFENSE available for Baez to put on.

In that case, all any lawyer can do is to defend her by poking holes in the investigative process, and in trying to poke holes in the reliability of the evidence and the credibility of LE.

It really may be as simple as the prosecution & LE making sure the T's are crossed and the i's have dots that are super-glued in place.

jmho

Although I'm not surprised by this news and welcome it, I suddenly feel sick to my stomach. How we all wish this wasn't the case.

Good. I hope it happens soon. I hope she never sees the light of day again. Poor Caylee won't. :(

Although I'm not surprised by this news and welcome it, I suddenly feel sick to my stomach. How we all wish this wasn't the case.

I know, I almost feel ashamed to feel so good about this case today.
Poor Caylee..but then, she is in a much better place without having to fear where she will lay her little head anymore..

I really think it may get to a point, unless we are already there, where there will be NO DEFENSE available for Baez to put on.

In that case, all any lawyer can do is to defend her by poking holes in the investigative process, and in trying to poke holes in the reliability of the evidence and the credibility of LE.

It really may be as simple as the prosecution & LE making sure the T's are crossed and the i's have dots that are super-glued in place.

jmho

That's what Baez has been doing all along. He's belittled LE and challenged their knowledge, along with fanning the fire about a supposed ZG.

That'll be great for their case. Watching what JB's defense is, based on his Today interview - they are possibly going to say that KC dropped the baby off for a month, then partied away, expecting to pick the baby up in July. THEN KC relaizes the baby is missing, so her partying is excused. She lied to LE about the dates to protect the baby.

I think that the science around the car decomp and chloroform will be the key to unraveling that story, and these media reports sound somewhat positive.

Of course, I think finding a body will be the most helpful thing at this point, just to close out the possibilities.

I'm not sure about others but that new theory would not be enough to cause reasonable doubt for me. You still have no proof that this person she left her with actually exists and she still never called the police. I don't buy the excuse that she was fearful for Caylee, that makes no sense to me. I personally think Casey has dug herself too deep and making up new stories (which still have no basis in actual proof) only puts her deeper and deeper.

wasnt this laptop acutally Cindy's? wasn't it also toted around to AL's place (and who knows where else)

I know that young folks pass laptops around. They are like community tools in an apt or home for youngsters.

a number of people could have "searched" for chloroform.
That's true, but how many of these other possible searchers have a missing child and evidence of chloroform in their cars?

This is only my second post, but this case continues to disturb me more and more everyday. As the father of a 2-year old, it is beyond comprehension that someone could be as selfish as Casey, especially when it comes to your baby.

As to the topic at hand...I really can't wait for them to arrest and charge Casey in this manner. But I still feel hollow about the whole thing, because I really want Caylee to be given a proper resting place.

Okay so we have:
No motive: I thought that's the thing they did have....
No Body:
No Murder Weapon

In common law jurisdictions, murder has two elements or parts:

the act (actus reus) of killing a person
the state of mind (mens rea) of intentional, purposeful, malicious, premeditated, and/or wanton.

I can see where a lawyer can spin this to show a jury reasonable doubt with what has been released. Does anyone know if there is a president for a case without those 3 things?

There are hundreds of cases that have been prosecuted without a body. We just had someone convicted in California of first degree murder of their estranged wife with no body but blood found in his car. Blood is a lot less damning then evidence of decomp. No stated motive but they were going through a divorce so motive could be inferred. The elements you set forth above can be proved by circumstantial evidence as well as evidence showing a consciousness of guilt--i.e. failing to report, lying, etc.

jmho

In the end she can always play her ace in the hole. Take a reduced sentence in exchange for leading LE to the body.

jmho
I think he's been there since Day One, because he has no way of putting his client on the stand to refute the testimony of others.

For the LE to know the position of the body I think she left that baby in the car longer than we think.
A good friend of mine does suicide and other death clean-ups. (yeah I know it's disgusting). Anyway, a decomposing body does leave stains and other evidence that can show the position of the body etc. They can also determine the date of death by the decomp evidence.

I think he's been there since Day One, because he has no way of putting his client on the stand to refute the testimony of others.

I can't imaging JB allowing KC to testify at trial. Too many inconsistencies and her own family has labeled her a habitual liar. I think you're right, he's going to be left with poking holes in the science and hoping there's at least one juror that wants to be a hold out so they can write a book.

Question?
Am I correct that if these computer forensics are being released by the State Attorney's office, wouldn't Cindy and George see them the same as the rest of us? Today?
That could get pretty ugly inside the Anthony Home..

They are released to Baez before they are released to the public and I would assume he provides them to the fam.

Whoa ...

The investigators' reports show that Casey Anthony's computer files included an image titled "girl" which depicts a drawing of a little girl with long straight hair and in a striped shirt staring up at a teddy bear that is hanging from a hangman's noose.

The caption reads: Why do people kill people, who kill people, to show people that to kill people is bad?

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...thony-caylee-documents-092608,0,6419224.story

WOW too creepy

nothing like playing the victim while atempting to place the guilt trip on the judicial system

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Herbstreit926
Back