*DEVELOPING*CO Shooting at Movie Theater #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know if this video has been posted yet, but it is a guy that allegedly saw Holmes at the gun store. He said his "...eyes were wide open..." not exact quote, but I was thinking about hallucinogenics when I saw the video of Holmes at 18 speaking. But, I also think a lot of his photos seem to show a weird eye look to me, as a few others noted on Friday.

http://www.9news.com/video/default.aspx?bctid=1746425958001&odyssey=mod|tvideo|video

I really want to correct an erroneous assumption that all mass killers are mentally ill. It's not accurate.

"Those who commit mass murders are often angry and isolated, but usually aren't mentally ill, violence experts said Friday after a shooting during the midnight screening of "The Dark Knight Rises" in an Aurora, Colo., movie theater. James Holmes was arrested as a suspect in the shooting that killed 12 people and wounded 59 others."
http://vitals.nbcnews.com/_news/201...ally-ill-but-seeking-revenge-experts-say?lite

I have to agree. Maybe he just hated the condition of the world, lack of virtues, compassion, ability to support oneself, who knows? Until he talks, no one will. I worked with some angry young men in my 20's (restaurants) that talked about bombing things, more politically based though. Fortunately, none of them ever did. They were just angry, frustrated, testosterone filled, and saw no way to have a comfy life at that time.

haha, I think he also list his uh "endowment size" on there to. I think he listed short/average.:what:
For someone who was allegedly as smart as he has been reported to be, am surprised he didn't use a little creativity, and write "no big deal."

I have to agree. Maybe he just hated the condition of the world, lack of virtues, morays, ability to support oneself, who knows? Until he talks, no one will. I worked with some angry young men in my 20's (restaurants) that talked about bombing things, more politically based though. Fortunately, none of them ever did. They were just angry, frustrated, testosterone filled, and saw no way to have a comfy life at that time.

Or he might have hated the fact that women were not interested in him (as we haven't heard anything about girlfriends). Despite being on top of his class, he supposedly couldn't find a job-that probably didn't sit well with him either.

Don't know if this video has been posted yet, but it is a guy that allegedly saw Holmes at the gun store. He said his "...eyes were wide open..." not exact quote, but I was thinking about hallucinogenics when I saw the video of Holmes at 18 speaking. But, I also think a lot of his photos seem to show a weird eye look to me, as a few others noted on Friday.

http://www.9news.com/video/default.aspx?bctid=1746425958001&odyssey=mod|tvideo|video

I think if he lacked control over his behavior, he would have blown himself up trying to booby trap the apartment.

I really want to correct an erroneous assumption that all mass killers are mentally ill. It's not accurate.

"Those who commit mass murders are often angry and isolated, but usually aren't mentally ill, violence experts said Friday after a shooting during the midnight screening of "The Dark Knight Rises" in an Aurora, Colo., movie theater. James Holmes was arrested as a suspect in the shooting that killed 12 people and wounded 59 others."
http://vitals.nbcnews.com/_news/201...ally-ill-but-seeking-revenge-experts-say?lite
Some are and some aren't. We don't know enough at this time so it is a reasonable discussion until more information is revealed.

Yeah his eyes are quite wide and buggy. The guy at the gun store said he looked like he was definitely on something. He has the look of someone who I call 'permanently on acid'. JMO

I am sure they are checking his system for drugs. But, he allegedly set a very sophisticated booby trap in his apartment without blowing himself up. I just don't see how that would be possible while taking mind altering substances.

Don't have the link handy but it was reported by a man who had talked with him a few days prior at the bar he exhibited no strange behavior. If he was descending into madness there would have been clear signs others would have noticed. He would have had no control of his thought processes and what he discussed. Not seeing any evidence of this to date. Quite the contrary. I believe he was in full control. Isolated. By his own choice and very very angry. He retreated into his own mind and his own reality. The world owed him and didn't come thru:moo:

I don't believe he took mind altering drugs either. He didn't need to. He altered his reality in his own mind :moo:

One of my FB friends just posted her daughter was friends with the young mother who was killed in the shootings. That hit close to home.

I don't believe he took mind altering drugs either. He didn't need to. He altered his reality in his own mind :moo:

I thought so too but he might have been doing something. I thought it was strange that for the "Drugs" category on the adult site, he wrote: Prefer not to say. Why not? He wrote that he had a short/average penis. I suspect schizophrenia in combination with some recreational drugs thrown in there. Interesting that he was changing his hair colour in the last few weeks. I wonder when that started with him? I keep thinking the massacre was part of his own 'temporal illusion' experiment of how time changes during a panic episode (i.e. appears longer). JMO

Fox has an article up now from a gun-range owner who had an application from Holmes; says when he tried to call him he got a weird "batman like" voice message on his machine.

I think sometimes people confuse "insanity" with mental illness.

Take Bipolar I for example. Some are over achievers to the extreme and hugely successful at what they do because they are driven in a manic way and they have endless ideas that they work on 24/7. Michelangelo,Tolstoy,Dickens all bipolars just to name a few. I think Buzz Aldrin was bipolar.
But at times bipolars are calm and seemingly "normal" and one would have no idea they are mentally ill.
I am not suggesting that JH is bipolar. But I am suggesting that mental illness is not just the crazed person that is outwardly and obviously out of touch with reality.IMO, it is impossible to determine if he was mentally ill with the information we have now. I suspect we will learn a lot about his psychological make up in the future.

I have no idea or inclination one way or the other if he is mentally ill-but it is ok to discuss the possibility.

I do think that these kinds of killers are inwardly very,very angry at someone or something and this is the ultimate acting out.

Fox has an article up now from a gun-range owner who had an application from Holmes; says when he tried to call him he got a weird "batman like" voice message on his machine.

Well I think it's rather obvious JH was into Batman movies.

Wow, he was doing a presentation about research in "temporal illusions" when he was 18. The only people I knew who were interested in this around this age (and they didn't even know what it was called) smoked a lot of pot. JMO

http://abcnews.go.com/US/james-holm...spect-abc-news/story?id=16830653#.UAwSGmGe4i1

i find it very interesting that he was studying this topic,
i don't know about pot, but there are research chemicals
that people use to 'explore the mind' it seems he may be familiar with.
i have seen people his age develop delusions after experimenting.
delusions are usually based in a persons knowledge or interests,
ie religious people becoming God.
he could have developed a 'scientific' theory that sees
reality and fiction as interchangeable and to prove his
theory he would become Batman's enemy in the real world.
delusional disorders are very perplexing because everything
else about the person can seem 'normal' but on the topics
of their delusion there's no connection to reality & all
knowledge, even scientific will bend to suit the delusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214