Did Jurors Talk About Case during Trial Against Judge's Orders?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Did the Jurors Discuss This Case During Trial Against Judge's Orders?

• Yes

Votes: 669 93.2%
  • No

Votes: 49 6.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The statistical odds that 12 people, strangers to each other before the trial, would have exactly the same opinion on every one of the charges--

Incredibly small.

They talked. And they talked in such a way, that they were deciding the case before they heard all the evidence.

I hope they all become social pariahs til the end of their days.

Exactly. There is no way, absolutely NO WAY that those jurors..all 12...walked into that jury room each thinking the same thing. Not Guilty. Just as there would have been no way they walked into that room each and every one of them thinking Guilty. Not gonna happen. 12 people COMPLETELY agreeing on everything? Nahhhhhhhh.

Having served on a jury, I will tell you from personal experience that the jurors most certainly do discuss the case contrary to the Judge's orders. In fact, I was one of just two on this jury who refused to participate in lunch recess discussions and was asked by one of my fellow jurors why I didn't want to talk about the case. I looked around the table at each person and then said, "Because we've been instructed by the Judge to not discuss the case."

The following morning, I stopped to use the restroom before heading to the jury room. When I arrived, there was dead silence in the room, and I immediately noticed that the group had obviously played musical chairs and were no longer seated in their little clicques. I think they were afraid that I had gone to speak to the Judge about the ongoing discussions.

Having served on a jury, I will tell you from personal experience that the jurors most certainly do discuss the case contrary to the Judge's orders. In fact, I was one of just two on this jury who refused to participate in lunch recess discussions as was asked by one of my fellow jurors why I didn't want to talk about the case. I looked around the table at each person and then said, "Because we've been instructed by the Judge to not discuss the case."

The following morning, I stopped to use the restroom before heading to the jury room. When I arrived, there was dead silence in the room, and I immediately noticed that the group had obviously played musical chairs and were no longer seated in their little clicques. I think they were afraid that I had gone to speak to the Judge about the ongoing discussions.

Too bad there wasn't at least one person like you on that jury.

I too was on a jury once. The young man was drunk, ran a stop sign and crashed into another vehicle. The jury wouldn't even listen to my side that he was guilty. They yelled and screamed and overpowered my opinion and I let them. All they wanted to do was "go home" and it was only a one day trial. We had to come back the next morning to give our verdict and they were pizzed at that. If I ever get to be on a jury again, you can be darn sure I will NEVER let anyone bully me into keeping quiet again.

The foreman basically told me to "be quiet" that he was in charge and that was that. I was intimidated and too scared to speak up. I've grown up since then and have much more confidence. I wish I had it then.

I wonder if someone will speak up from the ICA jury and tell the judge for immunity.

It certainly appears that way to me. Unless this guy was using the royal "we"... which I doubt.

I don't think he was using the term in the ;Queen Elizabeth' sense, but he may very well have been using it in the 'collective' sense to keep from being personally blamed. If he spoke with the other alternates after the main jury was sent back to deliberate, he needs to say that.

The jury who was "so sick to her stomach" seems to be doing just fine now that she has her "interview" on ABC. Wherever I see her on t.v. I change the channel. Hope you al do as well.

I hope that no one on Websleuths supports any of these jurors or Casey Anthony. I hope no one watches or buys any books, interviews, movies etc that at paid to Casey Anthony or to these jurors and I hope people avoid the products from advertizers that are paying out $$ for these pursuits. I wanted to start a thread on this but we can't start threads now. I think we all should avoid watching TV stations that are paying for interviews and avoiding their sponsor's products. Casey Anthony needs to be treated like a pariah, not treated like royalty making millions. I hope and pray that never happens and she is stuck scrubbing floors in some podunk town.

The jury who was "so sick to her stomach" seems to be doing just fine now that she has her "interview" on ABC. Wherever I see her on t.v. I change the channel. Hope you al do as well.

I heard that she spoke without payment.

I too was on a jury once. The young man was drunk, ran a stop sign and crashed into another vehicle. The jury wouldn't even listen to my side that he was guilty. They yelled and screamed and overpowered my opinion and I let them. All they wanted to do was "go home" and it was only a one day trial. We had to come back the next morning to give our verdict and they were pizzed at that. If I ever get to be on a jury again, you can be darn sure I will NEVER let anyone bully me into keeping quiet again.

The foreman basically told me to "be quiet" that he was in charge and that was that. I was intimidated and too scared to speak up. I've grown up since then and have much more confidence. I wish I had it then.

Very similar to what happened to me about 12 years ago. I was approached on lunch break by a fellow juror who said "I know he's guilty, what do you think?" I said "I think the judge told us not to discuss this..."

She kept at me, though, and I finally had to walk away.

The next day, she tried to get me thrown off the jury. When I was questioned by the judge about her claim that I was getting information while at home (I had written a list of problems/questions about the case, and she said I had done it at home; I explained to the judge that I had written it on the drive in that morning, while stuck in traffic...and they all laughed, because they knew LA traffic...), I was not booted from the jury.

I went back into the jury room, and gave her hell. I didn't think to report her to the judge for discussing the case, but I wish I had. It was a tough few days in that room, lemme tell ya, but I stood solid...there were questions that just weren't answered, and when one juror said "anything this defendant does in the future, that blood is on your head", I felt so bad, because he probably did do something, just not what he was charged with (besides, the LE Detective admitted he'd lied on the stand, *and* had forgotten to Mirandize the defendant)...but still, it wasn't the charge in front of me, and I couldn't bring myself to go for "guilty".

There was another altercation wherein the sherrif's deputy had to be called...an altercation which could easily be construed as a physical assault. I stood up and went to the window at one point, and the foreman got pissed. He "ordered" me to sit down, and delayed deliberations until I would take my seat. I refused, explaining that I could hear quite well from the window, and while standing; that while he may not be, I was totally capable of multi-tasking. He came over to me, grabbed my shoulder, and tried to pull me back to the table.

I am a black belt. He got one chance to stop touching me, and then I forceably (read: he got hurt...) removed his hand from my shoulder. He called the sherrif's deputy in, and after the sherrif spoke with a few of the jurors, instructed the foreman that if I chose, I could charge this man with assault and battery. I declined, because I wasn't hurt, and, while furious indeed, I also figured he learned a lesson (a woman handling herself against a young turk bully like that in front of quite a few others...whaaaaaaa....!!!)

There were a lot of other things which happened, but those were the two "biggies". I stayed undecided throughout, and, eventually, hung the jury. There were two additional folks who hung with me, but they never spoke out. When I asked one why as we walked out, he said "you were taking so much s**t, I didn't want to deal with it..."

Sigh.

There is no doubt in my mind that the jurors here discussed the case. And no doubt, either, that juries will bully holdouts, that deliberations are not actually deliberations but peer-pressure events. I lost 10 pounds in the 4 days we deliberated...

My case ended in a hung jury and a mistrial. But I'm a very different kind of sort, and will, quite literally, fight for things I believe in...and a proper jury, as afforded by our constitution, is one of them.

Would I serve again? Yes. Will I go through hanging again if need be? Yes again.

Do I think the jurors discussed Casey? Absolutely. Do I think the verdict was right? No. I think that there is a lot of stuff which goes on in a jury room which will never be brought to light, and for that, I am sorry.

Just my opinion/thought/experience...

Best-
Herding Cats

I was also on a jury (murder) that talked. No one talked about not guilty/guilty but there was a lot of discussion about the testimony and evidence. I tried to say something but no one listened. Also during deliberations, one of them felt out an alternate.

When they are all together at lunch etc, isn't there security there to watch over them?

I think they did. All the comments I've heard from jurors & alternate jurors sound exactly alike. They give the same reasons in pretty much the same order.

I would love to hear their explanation for the duct tape. Picture your child just drowning and you want to establish a murder if that makes any sense. If you get past that, why in the world would the person put THREE layers of duct tape over the face when one would suffice? These jurors never debated anything.

Three layers indicate the perp was in a rage. Rage is established when more than one gunshot is used, with more that one stab to the victim, and more than one layer of tape across the mouth.

Terry Moran asked Juror # 3 about this last night on Nightline. She said nothing was proven to them. Terry asked her what about the body being thrown in the woods? The garbage bags? The duct tape? Juror # 3 said all that proved was that they were trying to cover something up but she doesn't know what. Maybe accident? maybe murder? She said she doesn't know. She doesn't have any idea what happened. :banghead:

I hope that no one on Websleuths supports any of these jurors or Casey Anthony. I hope no one watches or buys any books, interviews, movies etc that at paid to Casey Anthony or to these jurors and I hope people avoid the products from advertizers that are paying out $$ for these pursuits. I wanted to start a thread on this but we can't start threads now. I think we all should avoid watching TV stations that are paying for interviews and avoiding their sponsor's products. Casey Anthony needs to be treated like a pariah, not treated like royalty making millions. I hope and pray that never happens and she is stuck scrubbing floors in some podunk town.

I agree but in order for it be effective you need to contact the sponsors and let them know why you will not buy their products. Also, I would love to see a statue of Caylee erected on public lands in P-County. The epithet would read "my killer went free thanks to these jurors”.

I don't think the jurors did anything but talk about this case prior to deliberations. Why did they ask to see the duct tape with the sticker outline prior to deliberations. There is something of evidence that they didn't actually see/touch that they needed to ask for and didn't. I don't believe they read the instructions. I am just sick to think they were 6-6 for aggravated manslaughter (Ithink that one or child neglect) and the guiltys changed their mind. It just doesn't make any sense.

I don't think the jurors did anything but talk about this case prior to deliberations. Why did they ask to see the duct tape with the sticker outline prior to deliberations. There is something of evidence that they didn't actually see/touch that they needed to ask for and didn't. I don't believe they read the instructions. I am just sick to think they were 6-6 for aggravated manslaughter (Ithink that one or child neglect) and the guiltys changed their mind. It just doesn't make any sense.

they asked for the piece of cardboard with a sticker stuck to it found 30 feet away from the remains, not the tape with heart "outline."

they asked for the piece of cardboard with a sticker stuck to it found 30 feet away from the remains, not the tape with heart "outline."

My mistake, not that it matters, but it wasn't during deliberation. They looked at nothing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
softhunterstech
Back