Did Jurors Talk About Case during Trial Against Judge's Orders?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Did the Jurors Discuss This Case During Trial Against Judge's Orders?

• Yes

Votes: 669 93.2%
  • No

Votes: 49 6.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yes, Judge Perry truly acted in a definitive rush to seat a jury, throwing all caution to the wind!

And I personally didn't care for the way he practically enticed them into wanting to be on the jury, by saying he'd picked out a really nice hotel in Orlando and they would be having some great food, and sights to see, to boot. Bribery, sorta.

How ironic that 'flipping the bird guy' got more time than ICA will. He's still in jail, btw. He deserved that sentence, but the irony is rich indeed.

I never liked this judge. Everyone else seemed to think he was wonderful, but when I learned he disallowed the state from keeping off a juror who "did not believe in the DP" on a DP case, I knew the state wasn't on an even playing field. Further, he allowed a woman on the jury who "didn't like judging people." He wouldn't accept the state's challenge of her (he suggested racial reasons). Huh? He allowed jurors who had previous (negative) dealings with L.E. or who had family members who had those dealings or who had prior criminal records.

It is said that a case is won or lost the moment a jury is selected. Judge Perry helped ensure that this jury was NOT death-qualified, he allowed jurors who said they did not want to judge, and a few other factors I found strange at the time.

Therefore I hold JP responsible, at least partially. Then, when it was clear that there might be juror misconduct (jurors discussing the case amongst themselves), he ignored it.

Sequestration (again, ironically) had the opposite effect of what was intended.

YES, the jurors discussed this case during the trial.

Shame on JP and shame on everyone who did not follow the rules. I never ever thought I'd see another travesty like what occurred in the O.J. trial. How naive I was. This was O.J. Part Deux.

I had believed that JP was terrific all along but you make some really good points -- this case was absolutely lost during jury selection and he had a lot to do with the decisions that were made.

I live in the Orlando area and take what this jury did here quite personally. I hope that when she's released, Casey and her loathesome family will opt to move to Pinellas County.

In retrospect, I think LDB sensed what this jury was about when she said that her "fear" was that they wouldn't look at "the big picture" during her closing. She knew. They didn't look at "the big picture." They didn't look at ANY picture.

Yeah, remember that sort of homeless guy they let on the jury? I think he was thrilled to get a roof over his head for a couple of months and good food. He had no home or job. He probably could care less if a baby killer was set free.

I think people thought JP was great because he seemed jovial, nice, accommodating, like a big cuddly teddy bear. And that made people 'feel' good.

But that's not the most important thing for a judge. A judge HAS to be tough, a judge MUST ensure justice. Speeding a trial through just to get it done is not justice. Allowing people on the jury who do not believe in the DP on a death penalty case makes no logical sense.

Justice was thwarted and unfortunately it started with the judge.

Nope, I was not impressed with this particular judge. He handicapped the state from the get-go. 'The People' (who the state represents) did not get a fair trial, IMHO.

Yeah, remember that sort of homeless guy they let on the jury? I think he was thrilled to get a roof over his head for a couple of months and good food. He had no home or job. He probably could care less if a baby killer was set free.

Ived been thinking that "money" played great on this "not guilty decision" IMO..

What???...Tell me more!...A homeless man?

Ived been thinking that "money" played great on this "not guilty decision" IMO..

Thats the first thing my husband said when I told him the verdict!...They are all out for selling the story. My husband is an banker working for an investment bank in London...full of intelligent men and women...his floor was SHOCKED by this !

Sequestration (again, ironically) had the opposite effect of what was intended.

YES, the jurors discussed this case during the trial.

Shame on JP and shame on everyone who did not follow the rules. I never ever thought I'd see another travesty like what occurred in the O.J. trial. How naive I was. This was O.J. Part Deux.

IMO this was worse than OJ because I honestly felt like OJ had competent lawyers, better than the State at that time. Also, he was a celebrity and there were far more people that felt he was innocent than people that feel Casey was innocent. There is not one person out there that felt that Baez was a strong lawyer or better than the State...everyone, even his defenders, felt it was unevenly matched.

I believe JP moved the trial along way too fast, allowed jurors on the case he shouldn't have like the ones that were in a hurry and had trips planned in early July. The State also let felons on the jury and people that never graduated high school. Those types are usually not very smart. The let people that lived on the wrong side of the law on. You put all these types together. The 2 women that don't judge, the stupid ones that didn't complete school, young men that want to flirt with KC, Felons that already have a bad feeling towards law. They just picked the wrong jury. And then JP bent over backwards to hurry this case along.

I think the prosecution should have put on alot more than they did. They needed to answer the dysfunction about the family and not ignore it like they did. It is so obvious and the jury picked up on it and used it as an excuse to excuse her.

The defense dumbed down to these unintelligent jurors. They used things that those types can understand. They dont' understand the forensics and these new hi falutin tests that were done or decomposed body air in a can that they never got to smell. They understand family dynamics and something better to tie her to Caylee's body.

I always thought that felons could not be on a jury. I thought once a person has been arrested that they could no longer serve on a jury. I guess I must be totally wrong on this and don't know where I got this from....but this is just crazy to me. So does it not matter anymore about a person's record in serving on a jury??

You bet they did! Russell Heukler (alt. juror) said (and I quote), "I can speak for all 17 of us when I say it was a horrific accident." (HLN news) How can he speak for ALL 17 of them if they didn't discuss the case?!

I agree that something is hinky. I think the reason these 12 people came to the decision to vote not guilty is because they were sick and tired of being away from home and their phones and computers. They knew if they voted her guilty of murder they would have to stay for the penalty phase. That's why they didn't need to see any evidence.

My thoughts exactly. I thought this the minute it was announced they had a verdict.

I always thought that felons could not be on a jury. I thought once a person has been arrested that they could no longer serve on a jury. I guess I must be totally wrong on this and don't know where I got this from....but this is just crazy to me. So does it not matter anymore about a person's record in serving on a jury??

I know its madness...pure madness!...i said this to my husband before the verdict..I had a feeling that this could happen. Why oh why are juries not made up of intelligent law abiding citizens??...Surely that SHOULD be a bare minimum..to be law abiding at the very very least??

I believe some sort of reasoning and IQ test should be brought in also...Yer know so they can have a chance of understanding the hi falutin science that these hillbilles just plain ignored...:maddening:

They talked about it all the way through the trial IMO to save time. One of the jurors played Farmville all the time... apparently, she was worried about harvesting crops. It's hard tellin' how many points she lost during sequestration.

You bet they did! Russell Heukler (alt. juror) said (and I quote), "I can speak for all 17 of us when I say it was a horrific accident." (HLN news) How can he speak for ALL 17 of them if they didn't discuss the case?!
All 17 of them agreed? I mean, forget about the fact that they may have discussed it...I'm blown away that they all truly thought it was just an accident (and that she still should not be held accountable for not reporting it!). I think even JB doesn't believe it was just an accident, it was just a crazy theory he HAD to present!
Wow.

We all made fun of JB for being an idiot, but sadly the jury related to him more than the intelligence of LDB and JA-- I think all the forensics went over their heads (they didn't ask to view any evidence!?! WHAT? I would be all over the evidence!) They related more to the 'drama' and rhetoric of the case (family dysfunction,anyone). This is what this world has come to. We thrive on drama and believe there is an excuse for everyone's behavior. "Oh, she was abused so that's why she is this way" No one is held accountable anymore.

Honestly, the constant accusations against this jury are wearing thin on me.

There is a reason why so many top legal minds say the same thing, the evidence did not support conviction and the state went the wrong direction in the charges and their approach to the case. They didn't have to live in a total vacuum before and during the trial but be able to be objective and not subject to bombardment of influences outside of court.

The jury gave up their own freedom for many weeks to deal with this case and to the continued speculation of supposed jury misconduct is disrespectful. Popular or not, they made the correct decision and deserve our thanks, not scorn.

I believe they talked about the case. My gut feeling was a verdict would come in within 8 hours but no more than 48 for a verdict BUT I NEVER thought it would be "Not Guilty"
Were these people watching the same da*n trial as I was???
Something stinks BIG time! I hope they have many sleepless nights over this and I do hope at some point their names are revealed. I think the reason they did not want to talk to the press is because they would not get paid for that one and they all want money so we will see some of them on TV, one or more will write a book.
Our country has turned into a reality tv nation and frankly it is just sick!
Poor Caylee, those 12 people failed you BIG time.

ETA: I knew it, one of the Jurors is going on GMA in just a little bit.

I voted yes because of what the alternate juror said and also because I would have thought on a trial of this significance they would have at least asked for more of the evidence to be brought into the room. I had not previously heard about the heart sticker they wanted to see again, but it is some pretty damning evidence of their non-compliance with the judge's orders.
Nothing can be done about it now though. I do honestly believe that little Caylee will trip her up sometime in the near future.....Karma has a way of doing that, ya know?

I hope they learn everything that they didnt know! i bet it will shock them!

Juror's Handbook States (BBM):

Don’t talk about the case. While you are a juror and before you retire
to the jury room for deliberations,
you should not talk to anyone about
the case, not even to another juror. You should not permit anyone to
talk to you or talk in your presence about the case. If any person
persists in talking to you about it or attempts to influence you as a
juror, you should report that fact to the judge immediately.

http://www.pascoclerk.com/jury-pages/jury_handbook.pdf

(^Pasco County is in Florida)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB