• The Defense provided reasonable doubt and the jury got it right

Votes: 55 4.3%
  • Other

Votes: 31 2.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
if the jury got it wrong which is what i believe...does not mean CASEY IS NOT GUILTY...JMHO...if there is such a thing as karma...let it start today

I think most juries probably judge base on their emotions, or on the opening statements, it is human nature to react to certain things. But lots of those juries convict people we think are guilty, so we don't question it too closely. There was a case recently with a murder conviction and more than one juror said later that the "defense did not prove their client was innocent." So-jurors do what jurors do. What is telling to me is how little the info we were getting from the TH's and experts mattered, i.e. this jury looks serious, won't look at defense, can't wait to get back to deliberating, etc...it was all praise for this jury until the verdict came in.

I am sick and grieving this verdict...

No common sense -- it was all checked at the door. There is NO other verdict than Guilty that could have been rendered in this case and those people made a decision to laugh in the face of a child left to rot in the swamp by her mother.

We, as a society, are in big trouble when things like this and the OJ case can happen.

This was not the fault of the prosecution, it is the fault of a society raising its children with no common sense OR intellect to understand the difference between reasonable doubt and common sense.

This jury needs to be bombarded with pictures of Caylee Marie. They need to see the baby's face in their sleep.

Additionally . . . I don't believe there was anything "hinky" or conspiratorial (we weren't trying a mafia don or OJ, just a child murdering mom) in the jury's decision. I think there just might be lead in parts per million, rather than billion, in the county aquifers.

Someone asked what will casey do now ?

Now that the verdict is in and Casey has spent approx 1087 days in jail She will get $919.00 per day for every day she spent in jail for EVERY million dollars in Book deals and movies rights IF she gets 5 million that equates to $4599.00 PER DAY IN Jail.

I am sure George and Cindy will want their part of that.
Is that enough of a reason to lie to free a murderer on their part ?

Can The State of Florida sue to get the money back to pay for her defense IF NOT that is another injustice that needs to be changed BECAUSE WE GOT RAPED

Also did the prosecutor check to see if Casey was getting Welfare OR WIC IF so she was getting it fraudulently because you need to include TOTAL household income ( it needs to be under 23,000 for 4 in florida. That could be looked into NOW ---- Why doesn't Nancy Grace do more to make sure ALL Possible charges are brought ?

And the Restaurant Terrace 390 should be boycotted and put out pof business for hostinh the Defense Party

Another thing — If the system I propose to use satellite pictures SEEN if you google "NASA has technology to find missing children women and men" to solve crimes were in effect They would have the undisputed evidence that Casey Dumped the body…..

Bill

Why wasn't a Public Defender assigned to the case after Casey filed for indigency ?

The taxpayers of Florida got raped TOO.

You are so right - Casey never graduated high school ---- Excellent parenting on George and Cindy's part ?

This will be ot and mods I am sincerely sorry but I wish they would quit showing that

Swimming pool in the back yard of the Anthony home. IF my daughter had

accidentally drowned in that pool I would have dismantled it with my bare hands.

I think its time to have a judge in the room while the jurors are deliberating so he can oversee the interactions and keep them working honestly!

And a 24 hour baby sitter while in sequestration to keep them from discussing the case.

Take down the pool and remove the memory of CAYLEE ???????? Cindy and George dont have that much sense - someone should have given George a copy of "Suicide for Dummies"

I don't even think they read the 26 page jury instructions.

and paints people who don't agree with a rather broad brush.
Orly?

Social networks rage over Anthony verdict ( link )
By Doug Gross, CNN
July 5, 2011

(CNN) -- To say that social media got a little worked up over the Casey Anthony verdict would be like saying Facebook "has a few users" or Twitter "is home to an occasional misspelling."

From the instant word came that Anthony was found not guilty of murdering her 2-year-old daughter, online networking sites were flooded with a cascade of amateur commentary. Most condemned the verdict -- "no justice for Caylee" was a common comment -- which comes after years of the case serving as fodder for cable news, tabloids and the like.

They got it dead wrong. the woman had three years to admit to an accidental drowning, and didn't til the death penalty was staring her in the face. And I agree with what a poster on yahoo said, what kind of a father would assist in the hiding of his beloved granddaughter's body after an accidental drowning, and say nothing, all the while knowing his daughter faced the death penalty or life in prison? Doesn't make sense. I can see a parent panicking over an accidental death of their child, but I don't see them wrapping duct tape around their head and carrying their rotting corpse in the car for days. I think these jury members watch too much CSI, and expected Grissam to show up on the stand testifying how he found all kinds of evidence in his flashy lab.

The jury got it wrong. No doubt in my reasonable mind, heart and soul. The system has once again failed. Another chunk of my faith in our system has been worn away.

you had to prove cause of death and motive. I don't think they made any serious effort to fulfill their responsibility. It's like they listened ot the OS of the DT and figured, cool story, OK we'll go with that..no evaluation of evidence against the elements of the crimes. Seriously if I were a FL taxpayer I would be beyond PO'd and if I might also demand an investigation of jury misconduct. ICA is beyond justice in this case but the jury isn't.

I cried when I heard that verdict. I honestly believe she is a sociopath...sociopathy is an equal opportunity employer .. why can't people understand woman can be sociopaths as well as men. It's a travesty that this woman lied, lied and lied, partied like a fiend and will walk and live that beautiful life like she wanted. I am sickened by this. We have a 2 tier system .. justice is served for the rich, famous, and high profile cases. I would love to see a change to that system. No justice for that beautiful Caylee!

I don't even think they read the 26 page jury instructions.

With all due respect to your opinions, why do you believe that "concrete" evidence is necessary? Under the law, it's not. Circumstantial evidence is like a 500-piece puzzle. Each puzzle piece alone cannot make a picture, but put together, a clear picture of the crime emerges. The kind of concrete evidence you may be looking for, a "smoking gun" like DNA, is especially difficult in cases in which the victim knows the perpetrator. Finding fingerprints and DNA in a stranger-rape case would lead to a conviction, but in this case would mean nothing, as CAsey was Caylee's mom, and of course there would be fingerprints and DNA (if any had been found).
A better question would be: what evidence could have been presented that would make you believe she was guilty?

Actually, depending on the jury's reasons for not convicting ICA, I have to say this should bolster faith in our justice system. The SAO's office brought a death penalty case for a case without any hard, indisputable evidence, other than being able to prove the accused is a pathological liar. They were never able to prove the how, the place, or the who in this case. Had it not been a death penalty case, I believe the result of ICA having to pay for her actions would have been assured. I said it before, when talking about the death penalty, I would need fingerprints, or video, or receipts for chloroform ingredients, or credible eye witness testimony when deciding whether or not to put someone to do death. Do I want her miserable each and every day for the rest of her life? Yes. But the ultimate sanction must be reserved for those who commit heinous crimes with indisputable and obvious proof. I don't think this jury deserves to be vilified. She is a despicable human being and I hope for nothing but misfortune in her future. And no one should ever mistake this as being a "win" for the defense. They were bumbling disasters. Their client was fortunate and lucky that there was no damning evidence of what happened to cause her daughter's death. JB, CM and DS should slither back under their rocks now.
In regards to fingerprints in this case- I spoke directly to a criminologist who told me that after 6 months underwater, there would be No fingerprints on the duct tape!!!

IMO, these jurors left ANY common sense they had (if they had any) at home! Sorry but that's my opinion and I'm stickin' to it!

You also know it is wrong when the jurors are too cowardly to speak out about how they arrived to their conclusion.

My husband things HHJP spoke to them and warned them the public would not take kindly to them right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove