• The Defense provided reasonable doubt and the jury got it right

Votes: 55 4.3%
  • Other

Votes: 31 2.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what angers me the most. The jurors did not do their job for some reason. They pretty much had their minds made up before jury selection and lied to get on this jury. And don't get me started on jury #4 when she said agreed with the verdict.

ITA. But then she did judge didn't she. Judged her not guilty. She's gonna have some "splainin" to do some day to her higher power.:banghead:

Even if it was an "accident" it was because of Casey's neglect. She was on the computer nonstop im'ing that day. She was NOT watching her daughter. I can think of 3 cases where a parent was charged with child neglect and went to prison because they were on the computer and their child got hurt or died. In this case, that alone completely fits the aggravated manslaughter charge.

raysgirl1126

I didn't want to "quote" your post but found it ironically funny at your signature line.....
~Justice for all~

“If someone raises a dog to be aggressive it will be, no matter what breed it is.”

"If someone raises a liar, they will lie, no matter if they kill their child"? I'm not bashing your opinion since we are all entitled to our own opinion. I am simply stating that this dysfunctional family raised Casey, never made her face repercussions for her actions, was never held to accountability, never made to work, never made a responsible adult with a child, yet because of this dysfunction, she walks free? That, IMO, is truly the most depraved indifference in this entire case. MOO

She did not walk free for being dysfucntional and depraved...she walked free because that is all the state proved about her, IMO...

I am not at all interested in bashing you for your opinion, but I would really like to know more. How do you square the 31 days of partying. Do you really think GA dumped the baby's body? What I don't understand is that JB puts out a theory(sexual abuse) that is not substantiated and yet convinces the jury that Casey is so trumatized she can't tell her mother that the baby drowned. Also when I saw the jail house tapes/pc's, Casey is clearly not afraid. She is running the show, abusive to her parents. I can understand to some degree if the jury just felt that the evidence was not strong enough, but I can't figure out how they came to the "accident theory".I appreciate any thoughts you have even if they different that mine. I would truly like to understand.:banghead:

[/I]

I'm just curious. Do you think the prosecution proved any cause of death?

You say (sorry, I know it is not to me)....
I can understand to some degree if the jury just felt that the evidence was not strong enough, but I can't figure out how they came to the "accident theory".

... I think it just seems more logical that it was an accident unless you get too caught up in hating Casey Anthony. That is not saying it was nothing or there was not major neglect or that it is wrong not to report a death of any kind. I don't think we should convict someone of first degree murder and possibly give them the death penalty, when there's reasonable doubt it was even a murder.

You know what I find odd?
Remember the 48 Hour Special with the mock jury before jury selection.
They said they thought it was an accident and they all voted to acquit ICA.
Then we heard that jury consultant Richard Gabriel baled on the defense.
But, on Dr. Drew, he talked as though he was working with them and fought for that jury.
Now listening to RH, alt juror, he says he thought it was an accident. And
all voted to acquit her.
Coincidence?
I don't believe in coincidences. I am beginning to smell a very odd rat.

Also, the defense painted a picture of an abuse victim during jury selection already, but they did not show any evidence of abuse in trial. I still don`t understand how Baez could make those claims in court. The jury is only human, they are not computers who just calculate evidence.

If the jury is to have no prejudices about the case, it should not be permitted ti implant prejudice during jury selection.

Claims are supposed to be good faith based and Jose doesn't understand what that means. I don't understand why BP let some of this nonsense go on before finally stopping it. Still shouldn't have mattered. This jury ws just plain lazy and ignorant.

Watching HLN right now and they were reading what Juror number 3 said in her statement, that she "didn't say KC was innocent, but there wasn't enough evidence. If they (the jurors) don't know what the crime was, they don't know what the punishment should be". That's not verbatim but close. But the TH's are noting that she didn't mention reasonable doubt and that jurors are not even supposed to worry about the punishment when considering the verdict. Interesting. I didn't read her whole statement so I'm off to find that now!

Watching HLN right now and they were reading what Juror number 3 said in her statement, that she "didn't say KC was innocent, but there wasn't enough evidence. If they (the jurors) don't know what the crime was, they don't know what the punishment should be". That's not verbatim but close. But the TH's are noting that she didn't mention reasonable doubt and that jurors are not even supposed to worry about the punishment when considering the verdict. Interesting. I didn't read her whole statement so I'm off to find that now!

They knew the manner of death was homicide. They didn't listen to anything the SA said. They simply are liberals (bleeding hearts) who don't believe in the DP.

Oh, Mark E stop defending the jury. They did not do their job.

I'm sorry, but I really do feel that the justice system failed... They treated this verdict like it was black or white with nothing in between... If they believed the defenses drowning theory (fairytale)... the MOTHER did not call 911 and give Caylee a chance to be saved by paramedics... that is Neglect...that is Aggravated Child Abuse... that is HOMICIDE!

I believe they got it wrong due to the checks they will recieve for TV interviews and all...someone in that room knew that they would be very rich if the verdict was "not guilty" I just hope they realize they just let a Ted Bundy who wears a skirt walk free...JMHO

I wish they would stop defending the jurors. I don't care if they liked or disliked G & C. What child dies accidently with duct tape on? I don't care if GA drove the car home. He was covering for ICA. It does not explain ICA's behavior.

So far we have heard from two jurors who were unable to explain their reasoning in common sense terms. They used their "feeling".

If they took what Baez said in OS as fact, ( which it seems they did) did not ask to review evidence, and discussed this case among themselves from the start as indicated by the alternate juror. They did not follow jury instruction, and broke the law by discussing the case, if that is really what they did. How would the alternate know what they all thought "all along", if they were not discussing it?

Did he actually SAY that?

There was NO reasonable doubt. Once again they used the term "Beyone the shadow of a doubt". They felt they had a doubt, therefore, it must be reasonable....

According to her, decomp in the trunk, the victims hair in the trunk and duct tape all are conclusive of an accident...okiedokiethen.:banghead:

Even if it was an "accident" it was because of Casey's neglect. She was on the computer nonstop im'ing that day. She was NOT watching her daughter. I can think of 3 cases where a parent was charged with child neglect and went to prison because they were on the computer and their child got hurt or died. In this case, that alone completely fits the aggravated manslaughter charge.

This is what I don't understand.

If it is true that George helped her cover it up, guess he knew exactly what to do.

http://www.aolnews.com/2011/04/15/mom-on-facebook-sentenced-in-sons-drowning-death/

This makes NO SENSE>

The other thing is that they are not really comprehending that the "evidence' is a dead baby. Baby's don't have "accidents" if they die in an accident it is because an adult was negligent.

Baez may put ICA up in the Ritz for awhile..wouldn't be surprised.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hernak