• The Defense provided reasonable doubt and the jury got it right

Votes: 55 4.3%
  • Other

Votes: 31 2.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish they would stop defending the jurors. I don't care if they liked or disliked G & C. What child dies accidently with duct tape on? I don't care if GA drove the car home. He was covering for ICA. It does not explain ICA's behavior.

So far we have heard from two jurors who were unable to explain their reasoning in common sense terms. They used their "feeling".

Ohhh Whisperer..you are preaching to the choir here....This jury did not do their job..they did NOT weigh the evidence..they agreed to acquit on anything that would allow for any penalty..I do believe they were lazy and decided to not put KC at risk of ultimate penalty..not to mention getting on with their lives...YES indeed the Anthony's were all dysfuntional..not to mention spreading mis-truth..but yikes even juror #2 the Nursing student said she does believe KC is innocent..but since SA couldnt prove HOW it happened and DP possible..yikes "Scorch Earth" comes to mind...The jury had options but didnt even bother to listen or even read them..It is indeed a travesty of Justice and a huge waste of Taxpayers money!! I am sure JP is not happy..but in his need to protect the record..HE DID not instruct the jury appropriately..Yikes...

BTW..I just had a thought..I think all the jurors wanted to go home.. and didnt want to be involved in anything further..so gave her esentially a walk!! You guys (Jury)should be ashamed..Why bother even give options IF they dont even read them, understand them and LOOK AT THE EVIDENCE!!
Huge travesty of Justice!!

So, what the jurors got out of the whole case is that the Anthony's are dysfunctional, George was combative with Jose so that equals ICA be acquitted. Great Reasoning there jury.

Does everyone get the impression the jury liked Baez. Boy, were we led wrong by the THs. They were telling us the opposite.

The jury related to Baez....scary.

I swear these jurors must be the offspring of the OJ jurors. ..Wouldn't recognize a fact if they stumbled on one.

There are people who can not distinguish between a thought and a feeling. I must refrain from expanding but I'm sure most know about that. They can't figure out if they are thinking or if they are feeling...nuff said.

In all of my cases, every inmate came from a dysfuntional family. Maybe we should let them all out?

I voted.... The Defense provided resonable doubt and the jury got it right.

I have always believed it was an accident of some sort.

I think the state counted on being able to convince a jury that a bad mother and a dysfunctional family equal a murder conviction. Sorry but it doesn't work like that.

I haven't posted too much during the trail because everyone would bash away at me anytime I would bring up not guilty, but honestly I agree completly with the decision of the jury.

No bashing here raysgirl. I don't believe she got off due to any legal expertize of her defense team however. The evidence did not support the charges. JB should never mistake this as proof of his skills in the courtroom. But I'm sure he will. In a perfect world the state could have a do-over.

WHen I went to work today, everyone was talking about it. I never even knew these people followed the trial, i have been following since day one, but never mentioned it at work. I can not find one person at work, or in my family, or of my 150 facebook friends that actually agree in any shape or form with this verdict. When I see people online saying they do, Im puzzled. I would expect to find more people in real life who thought that way, yet I have not found one.

In all of my cases, every inmate came from a dysfuntional family. Maybe we should let them all out?

seriously!!! this is my thinking too! i am willing to bet a huge percentage of felons/criminals come from SOME sort of dysfunction... they aren't created in a vacuum! and plenty of people from dysfunctional families don't go around killing their children (OR neglecting them to the point of death, or AT THE LEAST actively impeding LE in the search for that child)... it is not an excuse! maybe an explanation... but i don't even think it's a very good explanation, TBH. you can't just do whatever the heck you want and blame it on your troubled past. the amount of people who have a troubled past is ASTOUNDING - we can't just commit crimes and do whatever we want and say "oh i had a bad childhood." i cannot understand what this jury was thinking.

These jurors let us all down, they were lazy and expected to be handed a written confession or video of the crime being committed they refused to use their brains to sort through the scientific evidence, obviously failed to understand the definition of "reasonable doubt".

I am appalled that my hard earned tax dollars were wasted on this travesty of justice, these jurors forgot that a beautiful little girl named Caylee Marie Anthony died and was dumped like a piece of trash in a swamp, regardless of who they thought did it the fact remains that Casey was her mother and that she was responsible for protecting and caring for Caylee and should have even extended to her child's corpse and letting the body lie in a swamp to be eaten by scavenging animals is abuse.

I feel devastated by this today and my faith in our judicial system is shattered.

Bump and ditto to they were lazy........

There was no reasonable doubt in this case. Even if somebody were convinced it was an accident, there was no evidence of it. It is reasonable to assume that duct tape on a baby's body in the swamp was intentional. Manner of death was proved. Accident doesn't play in this case. To think so, is NOT reasonable thinking.:banghead:

[/I]

... I think it just seems more logical that it was an accident unless you get too caught up in hating Casey Anthony. That is not saying it was nothing or there was not major neglect or that it is wrong not to report a death of any kind. I don't think we should convict someone of first degree murder and possibly give them the death penalty, when there's reasonable doubt it was even a murder.

I have tried to look at this from your point of view, ignore the partying, etc. But like the prosecutors who have experience in this said, they thought anyone could look at the transporting and dumping of the body, and the hiding and lying, and conclude it was obviously a murder. People are convicted when there is no body, of course they can be convicted even if cause of death is unknown. I was ok with them not finding first degree murder, but to have her not get convicted on anything to do with the death of that child makes no legal sense. There is a reason so many people are shocked, it's not for nothing.

Not allowed to say what I'm thinking on the rumor ICA may still with Cheney for awhile. But it adds up to my philosophy on the subject.

I don't think I would have gone for first degree or manslaughter. But without a doubt this is child abuse. And a parent is the acting representative for their child in the world. Even if it WAS an accident, she should be held accountable for covering it up.

Other mothers have been convicted for real accidents. Not accidents that involve dumping their child's body in a swamp.

Jury selection is a HUGE part of a high profile case, a luxury that most defendents don't get.

Independent thinkers would never have been picked for this jury. These people are followers, no young moms, and a fair amount with criminal baggage of their own.

So yeah, they got it wrong.

Jury selection is a HUGE part of a high profile case, a luxury that most defendents don't get.

Independent thinkers would never have been picked for this jury. These people are followers, no young moms, and a fair amount with criminal baggage of their own.

So yeah, they got it wrong.

The state was there, at jury selection, and it was the defense who wanted more people, more groups of potential jurors to work through, and thought that the judge was in too much of a hurry. The state has as much control over the jury as the defense did.

Yes. Porch Lights On Facebook page has 2,314,100 Attending. Over Two Million People. How did they find 12 needles in the haystack?

In all the cases in the past few years, the perps who weren't charged, had hired defense attorneys early on and there was no body. Now we have one where the body was found but she was not allowed to be questioned AT ANY TIME since July 15th. What a sham! I strongly believe her family knew from June 16th that Caylee had died.

The entire family pulled a fast one on the public and got rewarded with money for doing so. The Anthonys have also always had an attorney with them through every aspect of this case.

Yet there are people out there who actually believe the carp Baez put out there. People in USA are generous and have opened their wallets for the Anthonys. They put on a memorial that was beautiful and paid for by donations and the church. After the service, cindy insulted the public by stating Caylee was alive again. They bought a boat (bass for fishing) and claimed it was to help find missing children. They are scammers!

I voted that the jury got it wrong
I voted OTHER, for my husband that wants to know where Baez disappeared so quick one day during jury selection.............were they paid off????
It is VERY unusual for all 12 to come to a not guilty and never ask a question.......JMOO

Ohhh Whisperer..you are preaching to the choir here....This jury did not do their job..they did NOT weigh the evidence..they agreed to acquit on anything that would allow for any penalty..I do believe they were lazy and decided to not put KC at risk of ultimate penalty..not to mention getting on with their lives...YES indeed the Anthony's were all dysfuntional..not to mention spreading mis-truth..but yikes even juror #2 the Nursing student said she does believe KC is innocent..but since SA couldnt prove HOW it happened and DP possible..yikes "Scorch Earth" comes to mind...The jury had options but didnt even bother to listen or even read them..It is indeed a travesty of Justice and a huge waste of Taxpayers money!! I am sure JP is not happy..but in his need to protect the record..HE DID not instruct the jury appropriately..Yikes...

BTW..I just had a thought..I think all the jurors wanted to go home.. and didnt want to be involved in anything further..so gave her esentially a walk!! You guys (Jury)should be ashamed..Why bother even give options IF they dont even read them, understand them and LOOK AT THE EVIDENCE!!
Huge travesty of Justice!!

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/43651...-juror-sick-our-stomach-over-verdict/43653465

This article says that the jury was sick over this decision but just felt that the prosecution hadn't proved its case. I say, their interpretation of "beyond a reasonable doubt" meant NO DOUBT at all, and that's NOT what reasonable doubt means. Not being able to prove how the baby died is a ridiculous reason! Of course you can't tell how a skeleton died unless there's a bullet hole in the head! That's just patently ridiculous!

How could they explain the car? How could they explain the child being in the swamp? How could they explain the 31 days? I totally agree with LyndyLoo.

(Hey, are you the same "lindyloo" from AC?)

I am entitled to the opinion that this group of people were concerned about the DP. They knew full well there was a chance it could happen and didn't want it to happen to case. They simply did not want the DP and were revolting against it. It is my understanding that she would get the ultimate punishment of life in prison or the DP. They didn't want to take the chance.

I recognize your feelings.

Well, I'd agree with you there if they hadn't been a "death penalty qualified" jury, allegedly. But I too think they would have found her guilty if there was an alternative to the DP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3