• The Defense provided reasonable doubt and the jury got it right

Votes: 55 4.3%
  • Other

Votes: 31 2.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
For some reason I am hearing Tom Hank's voice saying "there's no do-overs for a rendered verdict!" Is this story for real? Or is it something to give false hope for a world that can't wrap their heads around this jury's IMO rash decision?
LOL pretty sure it is just a satirical piece.

Oh boy did they get it wrong. 11 hours and no evidence did they review, no questions asked, in a highly complicated case as this?

Why was this jury so "off"? I think because they were the only people on earth who knew nothing or very little about this case. These were people who either did not function in normal society enough to know what was going on in the news or they were stealth jurors to begin with. By the way, I can not believe that anyone knew NOTHING about this case. That has to be a lie.

I TRULY hope that none of the jurors make money off of this.

ORLANDO, FL - In yet another shocking twist for a case that has gripped the nation, the 12 jurors who voted to acquit Casey Anthony of all murder charges in the death of her daughter Caylee, appear to be more than just "sick to their stomachs", and have sent a formal request in writing to Judge Belvin Perry asking whether or not it's too late to "take it back."
http://www.mcpocalypse.com/top-stories/casey-anthony-jurors-ask-judge-if-they-can-take-it-back.html

Now why would someone start such a horrible rumor? This makes me so mad. People are upset enough without rubbing it in!

Shame on them!

Now why would someone start such a horrible rumor? This makes me so mad. People are upset enough without rubbing it in!

Shame on them!

It's a satire. I don't think it is funny, but I do think it is clever.

I don't think it's funny. Is this something that should be allowed without the caveat of satirical website as the source?

I don't think so. It was even on the Justice4Caylee site. Sheesh! Like there aren't enough people already upset.

I don't think it's funny. Is this something that should be allowed without the caveat of satirical website as the source?
Neither do I. I figured if it was real, Websleuths would have been ALL OVER IT!

I don't think threats would ever be appropriate. But doesn't sound like she was threatened. She's just afraid to face her co-workers. I'll reserve my sympathy.

Yep, it sounds like she just assumes they are not going to be happy to see her there. If she thinks the verdict is the correct one, why doesn't she just face the music?

Yep, it sounds like she just assumes they are not going to be happy to see her there. If she thinks the verdict is the correct one, why doesn't she just face the music?

Agreed! If these jurors truly believed what they did was right and fair, they wouldn't be afraid to stand strong and justify their position. Go public, tell your story, justify why you made your decision. I'm not saying they are obligated to do that, but I just feel like if you are in the right, you shouldn't be afraid.

First, KC kills her daughter and hides/runs from it. Now, her jury lets her go free and hides/runs from it. This entire thing just stinks.

Does anyone remember that experiment that either Dateline or one of those shows did to prove that people will change their minds (even if correct) when outnumbered?

It went something like this:

A group of 12 people in a room filling out applications or taking a test. Lets pretend its something like there are 15 balloons and 5 are clearly yellow 10 are blue. The one person answers out loud to the question: there are 5 yellow balloons. Everyone else insists that there are 6. At first the one correct person is confused and continues to answer questions correctly while the rest of the group incorrectly. After a few minutes of being the only one to answer correctly he/she begins to change their answer the same way the rest of the group does.

I can't write it exactly how it really goes but its something like that.
This is how I imagine it was for the jurors. I think a few started with feeling that she was guilty at least on some of the charges only to change and change quickly.

Moral--- if you really have that gut feeling stay with it.

Agreed! If these jurors truly believed what they did was right and fair, they wouldn't be afraid to stand strong and justify their position. Go public, tell your story, justify why you made your decision. I'm not saying they are obligated to do that, but I just feel like if you are in the right, you shouldn't be afraid.

First, KC kills her daughter and hides/runs from it. Now, her jury lets her go free and hides/runs from it. This entire thing just stinks.

:greetings::welcome4::welcome4::welcome4:

The cause of death couldn't be gotten because the body became skeletal remains. What a good lesson to learn for anybody out there who is thinking of doing something wrong.
That's what I said-hear ye hear ye-killers take note!!!:banghead:

I am finding myself unable to get over this...:maddening:

..since this thread deals with the jury------i thought this , on the jury in the recent (murder of 8 yr. old robert manville case)-----would be appropriate.

http://www.ktvb.com/home/Jury-foreman-explains-quick-verdict-in-Ehrlick-trial-125047454.html

Inside the jury room
Tway gives a lot of credit to the way all of the jurors, including the alternates who weren't a part of the deliberation, took notes and really paid attention during the trial.

"I was really impressed with all 15 jurors," Tway said. "This was a group of people that worked very, very hard. There wasn't one person you felt wasn't taking notes, wasn't keeping up, wasn't really involved in the trial. It was really an honor to serve with all those folks."

Tway says each juror filled up several yellow legal pads of notes and would privately review their notes daily. So, he explained once the jury began deliberating, everyone had a good handle on the case.

"We did listen to a portion of one tape. We did read portions of some of the transcripts from some of the tapes. We looked at some of the pictures. We looked at some of the evidence that was there. But we didn't need to re-try the whole thing because we did have all the notes, and we did know what the evidence was," Tway said.
---------snipped------
That's how I envisioned this jury......sitting tall, paying attention with lots of note taking. Instead they sat there and took no notes or took very little notes.

One of the th's made a remark about these jurors not writing anything down. I felt like that was a bad sign........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member