Discuss..Description of PI video by legal analyst

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
:furious:
http://www.wftv.com/news/18449626/detail.html
many things on this video that made my ears perk up! D. Casey digging with shovel where black plastic bag sticking up, using probe and could damage evidence. But the most telling thing to me was the fact that he was concentrating his digging near rocks and bricks. There is a shot of the cleared crime scene in this news video that shows what looks like to me rocks or blocks. I don't know how to capture this shot but think it's worth discussing. Anyone know how? What do ya'll think about this info?

:steamed::devil::burn::curses: wow wow wow :furious:

Thanks, BeanE. Could you post a link to that video? I now want to watch it.

It right on the same page with the article in the first post of this thread. Called Shaeffer Unedited or something like that. Look in the middle of the article and you'll see the link.

I thought the part about the concrete pavers was quite interesting. Didn't the A's just lay a new paver patio, or were some paver's missing. Of course, they are ALL over the place - who knows if they are anywhere near the same kind....but its just interesting that the legal expert mentioned the pavers.

It was interesting about the pavers. I don't know if the paver's are connected but I do remember how many here kept saying to ck the pavers.

How far away from the DC search area were the remains found? A poster on another thread says it was across the street. It seems like one of them got a tip, and they both went out.

Hoover's lawyer said they were very close, and he stressed the words "very close". I gathered he had that confirmed by Allen.

The spot wasn't underwater when Casey put Caylee there.

I think you misunderstood me. Private Investigator Casey should not have been able to dig or properly search the crime scene on Nov. 15 because we have been told it was flooded. The video may reveal the truth (flooded or not flooded) if he was filmed at the exact location of the remains.

I didn't watch it. I'm going by what is in the article and what I have read about the flooded crime scene. Many have said the crime scene was inaccessible because of water.

january 7, 2009
Private Investigator Jim H. speaks
[Major points of this video]
LP dates where incorrect they where actually three days November 14, 15 & 16 but November 15 & 16 were the two days of the search
Jim H. was contacted by Dominic C and told him he knew where the remains where and asked Jim H. to help him search and locate the body.
Jim H. does not know who told Dominic C about the remains
Jim H. does not know whom Dominic C was on the phone with during the numerous calls on both November 15 & 16.
It was Jim H. understanding that Dominic C. had received specific directions on where to search in a specific area and what to look for.
It is apparent that Dominic C. did not find anything but does not want to comment any further to keep the integrity of the investigation.
There is limited audio on the tape the Jim H. provided to LE but it was not clear. Tape my have to be enhanced.
Jim H. gave a full and detailed account to LE.
According to Jim H. there where multiple cells phone that were available to Dominic C.
There was no water in the particular area that they were looking on November 15 & 16. They were close to where the remain where then found on December 11
Jim H. let LE know that Dominic C. had been there to do a detailed search of that specific location.
The area had been search several times prior to November 14 by others but after November 15 & 16 that Dominic Casey told Jim H. he had been back to that area at least two more times to search. That means that DC was there in that area at least 4 times.
Bases on where they were looking on November 15 & 16 they were close to where he remains were found.
Jim H. was shocked that the remains were found that close to where they were looking
It is significant that DC expressed optimism that Caylee would be found on but on that particular day he called Jim H. his statement was I know where Caylee is and she is dead.
Video Report January 7, 2009
http://www.wftv.com/video/18436081/index.html

Thought this might help. JH said it was no water when they were there. I just want to know what he ment by 'close' 10 feet, 100 feet ...down the road a piece.

Does anyone think we will ever see the video? I hope we will. What an idiot, poking around in the ground...he's not the brightest bulb in the pack, now is he.

I love it when the truth starts unfolding. It would seem that DC was counting on Hoover *not* still having the videotape. Not smart. Not smart at all.

*Gives a pat on the back to Hoover*

ITA....no matter what his original intention, he appears to have provided LE with valuable information....good for him!

I think you misunderstood me. Private Investigator Casey should not have been able to dig or properly search the crime scene on Nov. 15 because we have been told it was flooded. The video may reveal the truth (flooded or not flooded) if he was filmed at the exact location of the remains.

He WASN'T at the location of the remains or he would have found Caylee.

Casey probably didn't tell DC to look in water.

Everyone from here that searched where Caylee WAS found says Caylee's skull location was underwater when they were there. GSJ says it was underwater too and that that was why she and the dog didn't go past where the grass was mowed despite their "feelings".

I have a feeling most of Caylee wouldn't have been visible because the bones were broken and scattered by animals. However, what I've read says that trees and plants were growing through parts of Caylee's skeleton.

MOO

The statement...

Deciphered: Casey was focused on two areas...

1) The crime scene which had stones or pavers, but did no digging.

2) A different area which resembled an abandoned backyard (not actually the crime scene) which had stones or paver. He did digging there. He found a buried bag there.

Do we know what was in the buried bag from the backyard? Could it be the clothes Casey was saying they hadn't even found yet? Possibly buried there to throw off the scent?

from wftv.com

"Sheaffer said Mr. Casey appeared to be focused on areas where there was a configuration of stones or concrete pavers, not just at the crime scene, but also at what appeared to be an abandoned back yard where Mr. Casey was actually digging.

"Mr. Casey was digging in the area, actually digging with a garden shovel, in an area where it appeared to be a black plastic bag sticking out of the earth," Sheaffer said."

Reminds me of those 3-4 written tips/statements that came in about that rope that was in a hole in the ground, somewhere off Suburban I think, and the guys pulled and pulled at it. Anyone else recall those tips?

Here is the link to that news story:

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/myfox/p...ale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=1.1.1&sflg=1

I don't know if it was the exact location or not, I don't think we have been told, or if it has even been established yet. The only thing I have heard, is that they were looking on the opposite side of the street from where she was found. I think it is very bothersome , either way, that he was out in the approx area where she was found. He was obviously told by someone the area to look in, and what to look for.

Let's say kc told JB and JB told the PI where to look. Is this privileged information?

It is covered under privilege if it was done while he was under Baez payroll, the catch is that he told a third party that was not under the privilege umbrella. JH can definitely testify while they show the video and explain how he came to be there. DC is probably in violation of a confidentiality agreement with Baez if this is how the info came to be known. I personally think this is exactly what happened.

DC met with Casey in the second week of August (I think the 8th but I am too lazy to go look), the MR calls in tips the 11, 12, 13 and coincidentally Baez is demanding the video visitation from the 14th. Something just seems odd there.

It was interesting about the pavers. I don't know if the paver's are connected but I do remember how many here kept saying to ck the pavers.

Even if the pavers aren't from the A's house, it seems they are still very relevant. Caylee's body was found right by a bunch of pavers (you can see them in the crime scene pics), so it would seem more than coincidence that DC was searching areas where pavers were around. I wonder if they are the same pavers that we see in the crime scene photos? How many sets of pavers could there possibly be in the wiods in that area? It seems someone told him that her body was near pavers.

Not that I take him too seriously but didn't LP mention on NG a few weeks ago that a paver was found at the scene as well? If DC was digging around pavers, maybe that is true and that was some of the "markings" he was given to map where he was from whomever was giving him direction.

I watched the interview. It's somewhat different than the article I quoted and commented on. Shaeffer says PI Casey was at the crime scene itself flinging a blanket aside and probing the ground with a rod. Investigators will be able to determine exactly how far he was from the location of the found remains.

Do we know what was in the buried bag from the backyard? Could it be the clothes Casey was saying they hadn't even found yet? Possibly buried there to throw off the scent?

Shaeffer said Casey found a few bags in the "abandoned backyard" and sliced them open. They contained yard trash.

It is covered under privilege if it was done while he was under Baez payroll, the catch is that he told a third party that was not under the privilege umbrella. JH can definitely testify while they show the video and explain how he came to be there. DC is probably in violation of a confidentiality agreement with Baez if this is how the info came to be known. I personally think this is exactly what happened.

DC met with Casey in the second week of August (I think the 8th but I am too lazy to go look), the MR calls in tips the 11, 12, 13 and coincidentally Baez is demanding the video visitation from the 14th. Something just seems odd there.

depending on what their intentions were in trying to find her remains, wouldn't it be a crime to assist in covering up a crime? I think it's safe to say that a defense atty would not be looking to tell LE about the discovery of the victim his client is accused of killing. Would they have planted evidence to exclude kc? Moved the remains to a place they would never be found? Plant them in an obvious place to frame someone else? I just can't see them calling LE. They wanted to play the "Caylee is alive card" at the trial so it would have been very damning to her case if Caylee were found, as is, and not tampered with.

He WASN'T at the location of the remains or he would have found Caylee.

Shaeffer says he was. PI Casey may have simply not seen her for various reasons and being underwater may not have been one of them.

Everyone from here that searched where Caylee WAS found says Caylee's skull location was underwater when they were there. GSJ says it was underwater too and that that was why she and the dog didn't go past where the grass was mowed despite their "feelings".

Who from here was there on Nov. 15th? GSJ can only speak about Aug. 11 when she was there.

from wftv.com

"Sheaffer said Mr. Casey appeared to be focused on areas where there was a configuration of stones or concrete pavers, not just at the crime scene, but also at what appeared to be an abandoned back yard where Mr. Casey was actually digging.

"Mr. Casey was digging in the area, actually digging with a garden shovel, in an area where it appeared to be a black plastic bag sticking out of the earth," Sheaffer said."

Reminds me of those 3-4 written tips/statements that came in about that rope that was in a hole in the ground, somewhere off Suburban I think, and the guys pulled and pulled at it. Anyone else recall those tips?

I do remember that, I actually started a thread on that and it does sound like the same one. Supposedly it was a bomb. If he had unburied that it would have been a dead give away. hehe

Even if the pavers aren't from the A's house, it seems they are still very relevant. Caylee's body was found right by a bunch of pavers (you can see them in the crime scene pics), so it would seem more than coincidence that DC was searching areas where pavers were around. I wonder if they are the same pavers that we see in the crime scene photos? How many sets of pavers could there possibly be in the wiods in that area? It seems someone told him that her body was near pavers.
That's what struck me as well. He seems to have info to look near rocks or bricks

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Angelinazoomazooma
Back