Discussion between the verdict and sentencing

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lux, I really don't believe Oscar ever did or ever will tell anyone. If he did, then he would have to stop lying to himself, too. I also do not believe he has any need to tell anyone because IMO he is a narcissistic sociopath who has no conscience whatsoever, with not a shred of feelings of guilt.

Yes, I agree Kitty. I really think OP is the kind of guy who would bury the truth inside.

At this point, he’s told the lie so often and to so many people, enlarged, embellished and fine-tuned it, that no doubt he himself believes he never murdered Reeva in cold blood ... he’s actually convinced himself it was a terrible “accident”.

He MUST keep up the lies because it’s the only thing that allows him to look in the mirror - if he dares.

The heart of reason in this case is that when you accept that the evidence supports the bat strikes after the gun shots the events CANNOT have happened as the state put forward. Everything else flows from that.

This is precisely what I'm referring to. You are to talking about the acceptance of two disputed events.

I am asking whether it stands to reason that OP's version would have happened or whether four witnesses all incorrectly identified male screams as female, or that a fatal shooting on Valentine's day isn't intimate partner homicide.

It doesn't stand to reason, as the phrase is commonly understood and it is why so many are angry at the verdict.

About 51% of people between the ages 18 to 24 said Pistorius intended to kill Steenkamp. This went up to 63% of people between 25 and 34, and 81% of respondents in the 35 to 49 age category.

http://www.citypress.co.za/news/south-africans-think-oscar-pistorius-guilty-murder-survey/

And why would this be? Because older people aren’t influenced by the total nonsense of celebrity status but rather take the time and trouble to consider all the facts.

Boo hoo, my age group must be 82-95%

LOL JJ, I know the feeling. I think these results indicate the wisdom gained from a lifetime's experiences not a loss acumen.

Lux, I really don't believe Oscar ever did or ever will tell anyone. If he did, then he would have to stop lying to himself, too. I also do not believe he has any need to tell anyone because IMO he is a narcissistic sociopath who has no conscience whatsoever, with not a shred of feelings of guilt.

I come at this from a different angle. I think they (Carl, Aimee and Uncle A) know he is guilty not that he has told them. Above all, they will know all his foibles, his lying, his temper, his dishonesty. They must have experienced all these traits over many years. It is then a short step to accepting he could do something like this. If you read Lisa's blog there is someone who has knowledge of his friends who have indicated that they also think he did it. It seems the comment is from a respected poster. I will try to find the link.

About 51% of people between the ages 18 to 24 said Pistorius intended to kill Steenkamp. This went up to 63% of people between 25 and 34, and 81% of respondents in the 35 to 49 age category.

http://www.citypress.co.za/news/south-africans-think-oscar-pistorius-guilty-murder-survey/

And why would this be? Because older people aren’t influenced by the total nonsense of celebrity status but rather take the time and trouble to consider all the facts.

Boo hoo, my age group must be 82-95%

BIB .. I think it's also because many of us will have gone through a relationship like that by that age, and will know and understand all the signs.

Hi, PS .. thanks for posting that .. that is the application for bail though, which I have seen previously .. it's really the 'conditions' of his bail that I'm interested to see, i.e. what the original conditions were, and then which conditions were recinded .. leaving virtually nothing, it appears! I'm interested to know whether the non-possession of firearms ever existed in his conditions of bail, and whether OP is actually currently free to use them.

Yes, I agree Kitty. I really think OP is the kind of guy who would bury the truth inside.

At this point, he’s told the lie so often and to so many people, enlarged, embellished and fine-tuned it, that no doubt he himself believes he never murdered Reeva in cold blood ... he’s actually convinced himself it was a terrible “accident”.

He MUST keep up the lies because it’s the only thing that allows him to look in the mirror - if he dares.

Correct .. I knew someone exactly like this, they really and truly, actually believed the lies they told! You're on a hiding to nothing with people like that .. really scary.

Correct .. I knew someone exactly like this, they really and truly, actually believed the lies they told! You're on a hiding to nothing with people like that .. really scary.

I thinking of Lance Armstrong! Some folks lie like a rug. He lies like wall-to-wall carpeting at the convention center.

Hi, PS .. thanks for posting that .. that is the application for bail though, which I have seen previously .. it's really the 'conditions' of his bail that I'm interested to see, i.e. what the original conditions were, and then which conditions were recinded .. leaving virtually nothing, it appears! I'm interested to know whether the non-possession of firearms ever existed in his conditions of bail, and whether OP is actually currently free to use them.

If you watch the video link of the Bail Hearing I posted he was definitely disallowed from having any gun, having to hand them all in. Nothing I can find changes this when bail conditions were appealed. None of the journalists reported that condition of bail as having been rescinded and I tend to feel they would have made a big issue if it had been.

Strange that I cannot find anything formal about the bail appeal. I am sure there must be something other than journo's reports. I am not sure if cameras were allowed in to record the court proceedings but maybe I just cannot find it.

I have an ex daughter-in-law like that and, you are right, it is really scary.

If you watch the video link of the Bail Hearing I posted he was definitely disallowed from having any gun, having to hand them all in. Nothing I can find changes this when bail conditions were appealed. None of the journalists reported that condition of bail as having been rescinded and I tend to feel they would have made a big issue if it had been.

Strange that I cannot find anything formal about the bail appeal. I am sure there must be something other than journo's reports. I am not sure if cameras were allowed in to record the court proceedings but maybe I just cannot find it.

Thanks, IB .. I had forgotten to watch the vid :blushing:

I do remember looking at Youtube on the bail appeal, but nothing there now. I'm sure there may be something on the earlier threads as it was discussed. I'm surprised there's nothing on Lisa's blog.

I thinking of Lance Armstrong! Some folks lie like a rug. He lies like wall-to-wall carpeting at the convention center.

Lance lied for years, as other stars. All knew, that some years in future, they were caugnt, because of better analysis.

I do remember looking at Youtube on the bail appeal, but nothing there now. I'm sure there may be something on the earlier threads as it was discussed. I'm surprised there's nothing on Lisa's blog.

Bingo. I found it. I spent all day yesterday searching for various info, all unsuccessfully apart from the original bail hearing - doh! I haven't got time to listen to all of it as it is 25 minutes long, so probably the whole hearing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCP1MBL5hzw

David Dadic retweeted

Pierre de Vos @pierredevos · Sep 15

I dream of a world in which people defend ideas and actions, and do not blindly defend individuals regardless of what they have done.

And so say all of us. And you know who he's referring to don't you.

NB. Pierre de Vos is a South African constitutional law scholar.

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump · 11. Sep.

I can't believe that the judge in the Oscar Pistorious case has found him not guilty of murder. No one has been more guilty since O.J.!

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump · 12. Sep.

The judge in the Oscar Pistorious case is a total moron. She said he didn't act like a killer. This is another O.J. disaster!

what about the wisdom of JMasipa?
the curve must fall down at the age of grand grand mas.

LOL, I am older than she but maybe I too am showing my age rather than wisdom :). I think Masipa's problem is that she is still wearing her Social Worker hat.

Lance lied for years, as other stars. All knew, that some years in future, they were caugnt, because of better analysis.

We have Lance's rival Jan Ullrich, our special "hero":

Doping
Jan Ullrich Admits Doping
1997 Tour de France winner confesses to working with disgraced doctor Eufemiano Fuentes

"We are both guilty," said Ullrich, referring to the American. "I am no better than Armstrong, but no worse either. The great heroes of old are now people with failings that we've got to come to terms with. I always knew that even Lance Armstrong would not get away with it."

"It is far too late to try and clean things up," he said of the cyclist who retired in February, 2007, denying that he had ever cheated. "He could have helped the sport of cycling if he had laid everything out on the table much earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allihounds