Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing I'm a little confused about, why did this judge even mention time served? The murderer was still sentenced to LWOP. Oh well maybe it was just like this judge mentioning the murderer’s mitigators, they’re not important. CMJA is still going away for the rest of her life. YAY!!!!!!
Good question. I didn't understand why,either.

And for those of us who would like to find a little hint of FU Jodi, we can think of Samantha's "not worth my breath" words too. Nice. All in all, I feel like it was done very well.

The fact that (apparently) Jodi decided to speak at the last minute, and the fact that she chose to use that opportunity not to beg for leniency but to "set the record straight," shows that the victim impact statements got under her skin. Way to go, Alexander women — job well done!

I think it's about FEAR of appeal. Lots of judges slam the convicts at sentencing. It's still all about her.

Amen. This judge has been afraid of her own shadow since day one. How about making a statement to the murderer about her crime? She sounded
like she was sentencing a shoplifter, no passion at all. She even counted her "EXPRESSED REMORSE" as a mitigator. I am so sick of this Judge!

The fact that (apparently) Jodi decided to speak at the last minute, and the fact that she chose to use that opportunity not to beg for leniency but to "set the record straight," shows that the victim impact statements got under her skin. Way to go, Alexander women — job well done!

It might be nice to believe that, but IMO she feels nothing but contempt for the Alexanders, she couldn't wait to stick another knife in them...

There is not doubt after listening to her, she deserved the DP. I don't believe for a minute that he was attacking her. She caught him off guard in that shower.

I do believe several things she said -- (1) she did shoot Travis first (2) he was still alive when she slit his throat.

Jodi Arias addresses court during sentencing hearing
http://www.fox10phoenix.com/clip/11384304/jodi-arias-addresses-court-during-sentencing-hearing

OMG ... whoever is tweeting for the :jail: just tweeted this one:

Jodi Arias Updates @JodiAnnArias · 9m 9 minutes ago

"Believe me, not everyone who can cry on demand is necessarily grieving."

-- Abigail Van Buren (a.k.a. Jean Phillips)

Is Cha Cha still necessary? Because once the sadistic convict is in Perryville, that mouthpiece should be cut off and a great silence shall fall upon the land and the land will offer up thanks and then go about its business, living, laughing, loving.

Haha! They just read my comment on the Fox 10 Live feed. I'm "Parrots & Ponies" the one who wrote, "I'd read Nurmi's book, "All the ways I hate Jodi" but wouldn't read a book written by Wilmott."

One thing I'm a little confused about, why did this judge even mention time served?

The murderer was still sentenced to LWOP. Oh well maybe it was just like this judge mentioning the murderer’s mitigators, they’re not important. CMJA is still going away for the rest of her life. YAY!!!!!!

:seeya:

BBM: I was thinking the same thing: When JSS mentioned time served, I thought OMG - is this for "time served" :gaah: !

Then she said natural life and I almost

http://www.fox10phoenix.com/clip/11384304/jodi-arias-addresses-court-during-sentencing-hearing

I was gone all day 'til now, so have just watched the clip where Jodi gives her talk. What stood out to me was Jodi going on about how she has 'countless friends' - - I wish I had countless friends !

Also, IMHO, when Jodi said, 'Oh, I remember now - - I shot Travis in the head FIRST, and TRAVIS WAS CONSCIOUS WHEN I STARTED SLITTING HIS THROAT', Jodi was really filled with hatred at Samantha and the rest of Travis' family and deliberately aiming to put more salt in their (horrible) wounds - - WOW - Jodi really does need to be kept off the street ! Jodi's slaughter of Travis was quite horrific, quite a depraved soul she is...

that's right, because Juan said 'the family has hope that he was NOT alive when his throat was slashed..." She just had to devastate his family more!!!!!!!!! DIGUSTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Then she had to go on & then say, 'I have to correct some things that were said...Samantha was not correct,...Juan & Flores changed their stories..., I was being attacked..."
OMG! I don't know why we are shocked about her statement today, she can't keep her mouth shut! after what she put Travis through for a year & a half BEFORE she killed him, then the killing & everything she did for the past 7 years!!!!!!!!
She just sealed her evil for anyone who doubted.

Well Jodi is SO remorseful that she is able to tweet about an hour ago this:

Jodi Arias Updates @JodiAnnArias
· 49m 49 minutes ago
"Believe me, not everyone who can cry on demand is necessarily grieving."-- Abigail Van Buren (a.k.a. Jean Phillips)

Was the baby crying someones ring tone? LOL

I think it's about FEAR of appeal. Lots of judges slam the convicts at sentencing. It's still all about her.

Even if she is granted an appeal by some unfortunate twist of the law, she is now on tape in court saying she cut his throat and shot him while he was alive and conscious. She tried to take a shot to hurt TA's family, yet all she did was make her life behind bars a certainty and it was clear the family's words infuriated her to the point she couldn't control herself.

Amen. This judge has been afraid of her own shadow since day one. How about making a statement to the murderer about her crime? She sounded like she was sentencing a shoplifter, no passion at all.

She even counted her "EXPRESSED REMORSE" as a mitigator. I am so sick of this Judge!

:seeya:

BBM: I was shocked when she said that JA had "remorse" ... WTH was JSS thinking ?

JA has NEVER EVER had remorse and she NEVER EVER will !

Again, I am still SHOCKED that JSS gave JA LWOP ... very SHOCKED ... and I am still SHOCKED !

OMG ... whoever is tweeting for the :jail: just tweeted this one:

Jodi Arias Updates @JodiAnnArias · 9m 9 minutes ago

"Believe me, not everyone who can cry on demand is necessarily grieving."

-- Abigail Van Buren (a.k.a. Jean Phillips)

OMG....will she never be gone??

Amazing how the killer listed this long list of family members who would be devastated if she were given LWOP. Yet NONE OF THEM bothered to testify in any of her trials.

You know what, I think the murderer did that in response to what Travis' Aunt said about Travis' family. Nothing the murderer said was original, she just went off of what Travis' family said. The difference is, Travis' family spoke the truth.

I actually think the woman is happy she does not have to deal with her evil daughter anymore. Her reaction to this sentence is just not normal.

She seemed to be saying that she now has grandkids and wants to be with them....see ya, Jodi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member