Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy, you guys have been busy tonight. I walked away after the shock wore off and spent a fabulous afternoon/evening with the family. I took great comfort in knowing Jodi will never be able to do that.

I hope everyone here is ready to accept the verdict and move on soon. No matter what Bad info is found on 17, it's not going to change the outcome. I find it so sad and disgusting that 17 had to request Police Protection over her home tonight. No matter what has happened, that is just not right. Nobody should be showing up at her house.
It's behaviours like this that prove Nurmi is right about the public being TOO involved.

Travis wouldn't have wanted anyone acting this way. I'm going to light my candle. Say a prayer for the family and hope that tonight, he's flying free, finally.

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=TVA

Hi Neesaki, it is believed that Juror#17 is the "lone juror" that hung the jury. Smeck found that BK had posted back in October 2014 that Juror #17, for an unknown reason, was taken into JSS's chamber and a discussion was held with the attorneys and JA. Many find this interesting and are wondering if something was afoot with this juror back then. While very curious indeed, it is all speculation at this point. HTH

However, I, for one, am waiting for this transcript to be released because it is certainly suspect that JSS called a meeting with this juror back in October who just happens to be the one whose vote led to a mistrial in this penalty phase.
What happened was Juror #17 from the guilt phase was going to be on Dr. Drew that evening to discuss the trial. Nurmi saw that on Twitter and assumed it was Juror #17 from this phase and he had a mistrial, but it was the wrong juror. That's why they met with juror 17 in chambers, to ask if she was appearing on Dr. Drew that evening. :facepalm:

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/boxing/2007-04-12-tyson-trial_N.htm

MESA, Ariz. (AP) — Former heavyweight champion Mike Tyson appeared in court Thursday and learned he will go on trial Aug. 20 on charges of drug possession and driving under the influence of drugs.
Tyson was fresh out of a California rehabilitation facility and said very little during the five-minute proceeding.

"Yes, ma'am" were his only words, uttered after Maricopa County Superior Court Judge Sherry Stephens asked if he agreed to the trial date, which was pushed back 30 days at his attorneys' request.

View attachment 70656

Thank you. I couldn't/still can't get that article to load. My bad/mistake. Apologies.

Problem is.... she is not elected by voters, per AZL

You're wrong. She was originally appointed, yes..... however, after that appointment ends, she is up for "re-election" as judge. Most people never even pay attention to something like that on their ballot, but in this case......you can bet your *advertiser censored* that they will.

Holy, you guys have been busy tonight. I walked away after the shock wore off and spent a fabulous afternoon/evening with the family. I took great comfort in knowing Jodi will never be able to do that.

I hope everyone here is ready to accept the verdict and move on soon. No matter what Bad info is found on 17, it's not going to change the outcome. I find it so sad and disgusting that 17 had to request Police Protection over her home tonight. No matter what has happened, that is just not right. Nobody should be showing up at her house.
It's behaviours like this that prove Nurmi is right about the public being TOO involved.

Travis wouldn't have wanted anyone acting this way. I'm going to light my candle. Say a prayer for the family and hope that tonight, he's flying free, finally.

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=TVA

Wanted to clarify.. Nobody showed up besides the press at her home. I think police protection was a precaution

So I just read that the juror with an agenda had ties w/JA. Could be rumor, but at this point I'd believe anything.

I took a trip over to the dark side (JAII) and it sickens me how they posted all of the jurors name (except of course for the hold out) and some had links to their facebook pages. Then in the comments section they get ticked off when the hold outs name is released. They are so afraid that their special savior will be harassed. One actually asked the others when JA was going to get out now....would it be soon? If they weren't so twisted and demented in their thinking, it would be sad to be that clueless.

MOO

Did anyone crush that one's heart and say she likely will never see the outside of Perryville?

As a matter of fact it was. "Aside the opportunity to do some ridiculous wailing" However they are called the "Addams Family" there. It was also said that the family got what they deserved.

Thanks...very interesting...

What happened was Juror #17 from the guilt phase was going to be on Dr. Drew that evening to discuss the trial. Nurmi saw that on Twitter and assumed it was Juror #17 from this phase and he had a mistrial, but it was the wrong juror. That's why they met with juror 17 in chambers, to ask if she was appearing on Dr. Drew that evening. :facepalm:

Hi Hez, thanks for the additional info. Would you mind providing a link to the source.:blowkiss:

I don't think the judge cares if she is despised or not. It's almost like she lives in a cocoon or a bubble where she is oblivious to the criticism leveled at her. She is definitely responsible for this circus. Apparently she doesn't read the newspaper, watch T.V., or read Websleuths in regards to the way she runs her court room.

Nobody ever see's themselves the way other people see them.

Oh, I so agree! See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil. Living out her ivory tower fantasy. It's mindboggling that the higher ups haven't given her a clue. She seems so indifferent to those she presides over unless it's the DT and the murdering convict. Yet the jurors think she has a big heart. Go figure.

Hi Hez, thanks for the additional info. Would you mind providing a link to the source.:blowkiss:

I looked into it, that's what was speculated was the reason. It was never confirmed other than no jurors were released. It's still a sealed chambers meeting

Gerard Schaefer and Jeffrey Dahmer both had the DP administered by fellow inmates. She may find she gets her "peers" to do what the jury didn't if she gets too cocky.

Perhaps a jury of her "real" peers?

In hindsight, it was sort of remarkable the complete lack of emotions shown by the defense team when the non-verdict was announced. Could that be because they already knew what the outcome was going to be ??

Had "their" juror managed to pull it off ?

This needs to be investigated further, and not by JSS either.

This lone juror was either there by her own choice, or she was hired to be there. She wouldn't participate, she wouldn't deliberate, and she had an obvious agenda......disrupt the process.

I never thought I would really consider anything like this, but at this point I am now very, very seriously concerned with how this has all played out. Regardless of the motivations of that particular juror, that the juror ever made it to that jury is in itself a serious violation of our justice system. It just can not be taken lightly, now or ever, or our court system will forever be compromised.

How did that one juror, who was admittedly biased towards the defendant, and was against the death penalty, get to be on a death penalty case. It doesn't matter when she admitted she was against the death penalty. If it was after she entered deliberations, then when the jurors turned over the issue to the judge, it should have been dealt with at that moment.
This is more than disturbing, it is dangerous. Not to mention, last but not least, the sacrifice, the suffering of the surviving victims in this case, the Alexander family. What a travesty. :moo:

Oh, I so agree! See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil. Living out her ivory tower fantasy. It's mindboggling that the higher ups haven't given her a clue.

If she had replaced juror #17 with an alternate, Jodi would be on Death Row tonight

I hope everyone here is ready to accept the verdict and move on soon. No matter what Bad info is found on 17, it's not going to change the outcome. I find it so sad and disgusting that 17 had to request Police Protection over her home tonight. No matter what has happened, that is just not right. Nobody should be showing up at her house. /www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l

=eng&gi=TVA[/url]
Although, it would have made more sense if her husband hadn't given a CBS Interview within hrs of the trial
stating how proud he was of her decision.

I looked into it, that's what was speculated was the reason. It was never confirmed other than no jurors were released. It's still a sealed chambers meeting

Thanks very much Secret, I was hoping the sealed, super secret meeting had actually been released but guess not!

Are we sure that when JSS told juror 17 to stay back, go into chambers with defense and JA, that Juan and Alexander family was not also in chambers?

SIAP but it was said that Juan was also present. It was one of those secret chamber sessions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3