Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
those kinds of connections result in automatic disqualification. I honestly couldn't believe it was true her ex had been prosecuted by Juan. But I just saw the records and I guess it's true. I can't help but believe she did not disclose this in regard to a question where it should have been noted. They always ask about this kind of thing. Course we don't actually know because, guess what? It was sealed!

I swear they need to use this case as the "bad example" for so many things.

No but it depends on the connection. And if the juror's husband was prosecuted by Juan that would have been a huge reason to strike her for potential prejudice. Juan would have stricken her if it wasn't done in the initial judge strikes if she'd put it on her questionnaire. If she didn't put it...

It wasn't the system that failed, it was the person in charge of the system that failed, JSS.

She was told by 11 people that there was a major problem in the deliberation room and she chose to ignore it.

I see this as being the equivalent of telling your auto mechanic that your front tire is wobbling and feels like it is going to fall off, and he tells you to just slow down a little bit and everything should be alright, without checking into it any further.

With a little bit of research, this juror could have easily been "outed" for exactly what she was....someone that lied about watching the news, following the trial, having previous contact with Juan, and being capable of imposing death. Every time the judge ask the jury panel if they had watched anything about the trial or been influenced in any way, this juror was lying when she didn't raise her hand. Every time, Every day. Her bias and her agenda wasn't obvious until the deliberations began.

This information appeared to be READILY available after the fact, which leads me to believe that it was also readily available before all of this came to light, but Judge Stephens chose not to have her staff investigate it or research it. Just drive a little slower and don't go around any corners if you can avoid it..................

No but it depends on the connection. And if the juror's husband was prosecuted by Juan that would have been a huge reason to strike her for potential prejudice. Juan would have stricken her if it wasn't done in the initial judge strikes if she'd put it on her questionnaire. If she didn't put it...

BBM: Yes, Juan would have stricken her immediately IF he had prosecuted her hubbies -- AND -- Juan would NOT have lost a "peremptory challenge" as far as this juror goes because he could have challenged her for cause, in that she may be "biased" because of her hub's being prosecuted !

JMO but I think this juror did NOT tell the truth to get on this jury and no doubt, had an agenda.

BUT -- what was REALLY her agenda ?

MOO !

BBM: Yes, Juan would have stricken her immediately IF he had prosecuted her hubbies -- AND -- Juan would NOT have lost a "peremptory challenge" as far as this juror goes because he could have challenged her for cause, in that she may be "biased" because of her hub's being prosecuted !

JMO but I think this juror did NOT tell the truth to get on this jury and no doubt, had an agenda.

BUT -- what was REALLY her agenda ?

MOO !

She either blatantly lied, or she was coached as to how to answer the questions in order to get on the jury.

You decide.

If the givers dont tell, and the takers dont tell, whos the wiser?

Just a reminder, William "I'm not blaming the dead guy" Zervakos, the first trial foreperson, publicly stated afterward, and probably during deliberations too, that the death penalty was reserved for people "like Jeffrey Dahmer and Charles Manson" ... i.e. serial killers. I believe the reason the first jury's final split was 8DP-4L and not much closer to the 11-1 of the second's, was due to the intransigence of Zervakos' forceful personality and the short length of time they deliberated before Zervakos told JSS no agreement was possible.

One minute the juror wants to be removed, the next minute she doesnt want to be removed. I smell a rotten egg. A classic case of asking for something you dont really want in order to manipuate the outcome. Remember Jodi said I want death, no I dont want death. Follow the smell folks. I hope Juan caught onto this.

It makes you wonder if she has the same "psychological make-up" as JA. :facepalm:

Well, I do feel better now. I just called them, FOX10 News and asked why they do not do any stories about Travis, what he went through because of the murderer, she said they have had stories of what happened to him when he was killed, I said talk about his life, what he accomplished, what type of person he was, talk about how his family has suffered, how they continue to suffer. Stop talking about the murderer! She's not special, tell the truth about why she is jail longer than a year, it's her fault she is there, she's not a victim. Travis is the victim.

Is Perryville (sp?) a womens prison, or both? How many lifer women are there? Just wondering who they are and what they are doing time for. They may not like Jodi at all...lol. JMO

I have read that Perryville has 7 yards with the Lumley Unit being the Maximum Security area where Arias will be. I'm not sure, but I think Marissa DeVault (murderer) and Angela Simpson (murderer) would be sharing this space with her. It would be great to have a thread dedicated to life in Perryville Prison.

BK saying juror was asked during voir dire if her ex-husband’s case would affect her in any way–does she harbor resentment against law enforcement . She said no

But it's not clear if BK saying the fact that Juan prosecuted him was disclosed

Well there you go - it's all kosher. She didn't harbor resentment against Flores; just against Juan. :banghead::banghead:

She either blatantly lied, or she was coached as to how to answer the questions in order to get on the jury.

You decide.

:seeya: That's just it I cannot decide IF: she blatantly lied, was a "plant," or, was there "jury tampering" ?

:gaah:

IF Juan prosecuted her former husband back in 2000, she may say she had no idea who the prosecutor was from 15 years ago. She now has a different last name as she is now married to a different convicted felon So odds are her name wouldn't ring a bell with JM. Proving she lied will be tough unless was asked about and she didn't disclose their crimes.

Its my understanding that her current convicted felon husband was also convicted by Juan. At least that's what I've been seen here and there on social media. Also I've seen UNCONFIRMED reports that Juror 17's sister was friends with Jodi in high school or at least was an acquaintance. But it's unconfirmed so take that with a huge grain of salt.

It's also interesting that at some point in time this juror was held back one day by the judge to be questioned. But since JSS does everything in secret we have no idea why.

Bottom line this woman had ZERO business on the panel. I have no idea how she wasn't struck way way back when this whole damn thing started.

There has got to be ways to screen jurors better if they keep wanting to use non-professional juries. Ridiculous

I was reading on Twitter and someone tweeted on how Nurmi can call this a "victory" when every single motion of his has been denied. This is true, and makes me feel a bit better.

Its my understanding that her current convicted felon husband was also convicted by Juan. At least that's what I've been seen here and there on social media. Also I've seen UNCONFIRMED reports that Juror 17's sister was friends with Jodi in high school or at least was an acquaintance. But it's unconfirmed so take that with a huge grain of salt.

It's also interesting that at some point in time this juror was held back one day by the judge to be questioned. But since JSS does everything in secret we have no idea why.

Bottom line this woman had ZERO business on the panel. I have no idea how she wasn't struck way way back when this whole damn thing started.
Has it been confirmed that Juror 17 made reference on her social media of being against the death penalty? I've only seen it referenced via twitter

I have read that Perryville has 7 yards with the Lumley Unit being the Maximum Security area where Arias will be. I'm not sure, but I think Marissa DeVault (murderer) and Angela Simpson (murderer) would be sharing this space with her. It would be great to have a thread dedicated to life in Perryville Prison.
Angela Simpson. Move over Donovan you've been replaced.

:seeya: Exactly! In fact, including the alternates, it was actually Truth: 13 Falsehood: 1

Regardless of the glee, smirks, and tasteless tweets from Arias and her DT - they failed, and failed miserably.

Enjoy your future Arias. One last day of street clothes; one last car ride; one last trip from your list of 1,000 places; one last day of media spotlight. Roll on April 13th!

You know that, and I know that, and many on here would agree. But MDLR, was on facebook claiming that the ONE juror, 17, was the ONLY one to follow the law.

:scared:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member