Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I am not 100% sure, but MOO is, it might be G.B. Okay, and you're welcome.

I haven't been posting much since the verdict, but you certainly did get my attention here. Can you give us your reasons for thinking who this might be, please?

I agree - from that interview it sounded like he did his best to keep everyone together and concentrating on the task at hand in what would be a difficult and tricky situation. He came across as honest, open and essentially decent so I really don't understand why he's now being criticised for trying to do his 'job' to the best of his ability.

He sounds like he was a good foreman who trying very hard to get a unanimous verdict and was trying to keep deliberations movig and keep them effective. He wasn't trying to push her by showing her the autopsy pictures and having the nurse explain what the medical side of the crime was. He was trying to prove the cruelty outweighed the mitigators, especially the ones she'd found. I thought it was very logical and an intelligent way of approaching things. That's what deliberations are, trying to get someone to see your side of things. She found mitigators. The pictures and the medical report IS the cruelty evidence. He was trying to get her to consider that that the mitigators she was latching on to did not outweigh the cruelty. She didn't want to hear it. That's her call. But there's nothing wrong with trying harder, especially when you feel you're THIS CLOSE. He was deliberating not attacking.

Me thinks he may be a waffler. I could be WAYYY off in my suspicion, but a few things I have read leads me there. ;)

Would you care to give an overview or just point me in the direction of where I can find info on why you think this? I'm very curious because there has been a lot of talk on Twitter today that JT is a Jodi supporter and it has me wondering.

I've only been called once and sent right home. That was like 20 years ago. I vote, I'm not a felon and I drive. I always joke that I would like to be a professional juror (if it were a thing), and yet I cannot get called for the life of me!

I've only been called once and i vote and drive too! I've been eligible for almost 30 years.

Also - I love your cat picture!!

To defend herself from what? Is she expecting a charge to be laid? Is her lawyer supposed to chase down all the twitters who are riling against her and sue them, for what?

More likely she hired one to negotiate the book deal she thinks she's going to get

He sounds like he was a good foreman who trying very hard to get a unanimous verdict and was trying to keep deliverstions movig and keep them effective. He wasn't trying to push her by showing her the autopsy pictures and having the nurse explain what the medical side of re crime. He was trying to prove the cruelty outweighed the mitigators, especially the ones she'd found. I thought it was very logical and an intelligent way of approaching things. That's what deliberations are, trying to get someone to see your side of things. She found mitigators. The pictures and the medical report IS the cruelty evidence. He was trying to get her to consider that that the mitigators she was latching on to did not outweigh the cruelty. She took it as an didn't want to hear it. That's her call. But there's nothing wrong with trying harder, especially when you feel you're THIS CLOSE. He was deliberating not attacking.

Yes that is how it came across to me too. And if Juror 17 stuck to her guns then, as you say, that's her call. I have no issue with her or the verdict - in fact, like many others I think it is the best outcome.

Totally different aspect of the case but I'm also very pleased about this lockdown on JA's jail activities. A lot less talking for her in the coming weeks, and as we all know, she loves to talk.

Would you care to give an overview or just point me in the direction of where I can find info on why you think this? I'm very curious because there has been a lot of talk on Twitter today that JT is a Jodi supporter and it has me wondering.

No, it's a "SECRET", and I need to "VENT" BBL, off to go shopping.

BK full notes on open court voir dire of 17:

17 stated that her ex- husband had been involved in an armed robbery that involved shooting at a police officer. Umm. That's kinda SERIOUS, eh?

Well, I am not 100% sure, but MOO is, it might be G.B. Okay, and you're welcome.

Is GB the person on the JAII site who was obsessed with the gas can evidence? If so, you're probably aware GB and SJ had a big falling out and GB became persona non grata over there, so there is likely a grudge. I'll admit to reading there regularly - it is often quite disturbing and unpleasant but also unintentionally funny. I also know that none of them live near me! It is also interesting how anything Arias related that is not complimentary to her is just ignored. There's been no mention of WHY she has been stripped of all her privileges and the one person who asked has yet to be answered. Bit tricky for them to go into the corrupting of minors territory eh. Having said that they may be jabbering away like crazy on the vent pages for all I know.

You know who would definitely know if J17 attended her ex-husband's trial and was aware of Juan or not?

Her ex-husband.

No reason to think he wouldn't be honest about it, there may be no love lost between them now that she's remarried etc.

I know!! I've been thinking that!! Why don't we send him a letter (and a money order ;0) and see what he thinks... Let's go straight to the source!!

I've also been dying to know what kind of dirt he'd know about her current husband too!!

Money funnelled into a trust fund, does this not still come under profiting off a murder?

The <unusual person> J17 told the other jurors they were out for revenge by voting for death....such a wilting flower. That statement alone should have disqualified her. Trying to make it fit as Juan or the foremans fault.....:thinking:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
serge