Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ugh. it is taken me OVER a week to catch up on these posts/threads. I am still over on thread SIX. ugh. i am trying to read it ALL before i comment since things seem to be developing as time [quickly] passes by.

but there is one thing i want to address as it is being repeated over and over as a topic of debate.

DID J17 KNOW JUAN ???? DID J17 LIE IN REGARDS TO KNOWING/NOT KNOWING JUAN????

In your post you actually point to something real -- her response to a specific and verifiable question. Bravo! And yes, if she gave a false answer, that is a lie. Thank you for posting that.

My post was only addressing one specific issue that J17 "knows" Juan. Not "knows who Juan is" or "knows Juan is a prosecutor and remembers Juan prosecuted her ex-husband," or "is pizzed that Juan was the prosecutor who convicted her now ex-hub when they were together," which are not the exact same thing but are being argued as if they were. If one follows that logic then everyone who has seen anything about the case or watched the news where the Arias case was discussed and pictures of the players were shown can (and should have) claim(ed) they "know" the people in this trial when they were being questioned during voir dire.

Hey I know who Brad Pitt is and I know the names of a bunch of his movies. Do I "know" Brad Pitt? No. I've never talked to him.
Last edited by Madeleine74; Yesterday at 01:37 AM.

Since there seems to be an objective of picking apart every word and the meaning behind words....let us look at the definition of........know.
It seems some here want to apply one definition to 'know' and that is: BFF with said person, hung out with said person, had some face to face convo(s) with said person, etc.

but THAT is not the only definition of 'know'. In fact, based on all definitions of 'know', juror factually lied to EVERYONE if the simple question "do you know any of us" was asked and she didnt speak up. LIED. FLAT OUT LIED.

based on the following definitions (below)..........the quoted argument above is null and void. the attempt to defend J17 as being blissfully innocent in knowing who Juan is, has failed. any intelligent, logically thinking person cannot state that J17 did not 'know' Juan. That would be as probable as JSS being a reptilian from Saturn, thus her incompetence. Even if J17 happened to have seen Juan on the news in passing, she has...'knowledge' of Juan.

Majority of us had ZERO knowledge of Juan before Jodi........yet even after seeing his opening statement on our TV or computer screen....we all then 'knew' him.

This argument should be considered done. IMO, of course.

know
[noh]
verb (used with object), knew, known, knowing.
to perceive or understand as fact or truth; to apprehend clearly and with certainty:
I know the situation fully.
to have established or fixed in the mind or memory:
to know a poem by heart; Do you know the way to the park from here?
to be cognizant or aware of:
I know it.
be acquainted with (a thing, place, person, etc.), as by sight, experience, or report:
to know the mayor.
to understand from experience or attainment (usually followed by how before an infinitive):
to know how to make gingerbread.
to be able to distinguish, as one from another:
to know right from wrong.
Archaic. to have sexual intercourse with.
verb (used without object), knew, known, knowing.
to have knowledge or clear and certain perception, as of fact or truth.
to be cognizant or aware, as of some fact, circumstance, or occurrence; have information, as about something.
noun
the fact or state of knowing; knowledge.
Idioms
in the know, possessing inside, secret, or special information.
know the ropes, Informal. to understand or be familiar with the particulars of a subject or business:
He knew the ropes better than anyone else in politics.

Juan Tie has all but said it's related to MDLR and the money trail. Accurate or not.

Jeffrey Evan Gold @jeffgoldesq · Mar 12

Why did #JodiArias waive her pre-sentence report? My guess she doesn't want to disclose her finances.

Jeffrey Evan Gold @jeffgoldesq · 58m 58 minutes ago

Both IRS and state offenses

==============================

What I want to know is was anything promised to #17.

Ok I do believe I have permission to post this here as this has a direct relationship to the discussion at hand. My opinions on Juror 17 given the new information coming out. And since I get tens of thousands of views on my blog when I post, including to players involved in the case who have contacted me, I will continue to use it as a venue to promote my opinions as they relate to justice for VICTIMS everywhere, especially in my own back yard.

http://twoinnocents.com/2015/03/15/more-arias-juror-17-revelations/

Hi KCL. Thank you! Being in Indiana, I don't hear what is going on with J17 unless I come read WS. So please keep posting what you find about her and I will continue reading two innocents also, since it's always good to read. Thanks for being there in the first trial and this one also. What a nightmare for all of us who wanted justice for Travis! And I do not mean the DP...I just wanted the trial to be fair, with a decent judge and an honest defense and jurors who stood for truth and justice. Well let's see, I got eleven jurors who stood for truth and justice. The rest? All a farce. Every last one of them, be it the judge, the defense, the judicial assistants, juror 17, the lying psychologists, witness #1, or even the trip to the moon. (sorry Juan)

Thank you! This trial really deserves exposure...so many underhanded and nefarious dealings, many of which I observed first hand!

ITA--FWIW I am a stickler for proof and during the original trial it was proven to me, beyond any doubt, that MK had (and continues to have) a personal agenda and uses this news media outlet as his own bully pulpit, is one who should in no way be given the title of "journalist", and is also someone driven by what came across as a palpable hatred for and vendetta against JM.

Not sure anyone else has noticed but after watching several of the retrial videos I vehemently contend that JM was severely constrained/inhibited in his questioning and wording during direct and cross examination--am I the only one who is seeing this?

Nope, not the only one. I began commenting on it at the beginning of the sentencing trial. Some restraints on the prosecution, I learned, is to be expected in the mitigation phase, but I strongly feel that JSS did 'tie the long arm of the law behind his back' more than was appropriate. Not a die-hard criticizer of JSS, but in leaving Juan to sink or swim often; caving into the secrecy issue; and her very bad time management, I was not impressed.

Yes, you're right it's 138 I went back and checked. I agree, about the jury selection vids .. I'm waiting for the rest of these too!

So at this point they have aired one day of these more in depth interviews...Oct. 7 part 1 the question seems to surround death penalty...clearly getting 12 people that are going to give dp even if warranted is tough...the fact that JM got 11 maybe does not constitute a "win" but really a major feat as I listen to the interviews...Juror 125 clearly wants to be on this jury and JM has got his number and so does the judge but of course defense willmott wants to keep him on. In every step of this jury selection JSS is 100% on board with JM and frankly has to talk to nurmi/willmott like first year law students.

Mrs. G. or if anyone sees the next installment please post....I also noted that it seems juror 17 is going to do an interview with bad boy hubby...I am finding the timing interesting...just now the juror interview videos are coming out and frankly her comments in the DP are probably next up...and she now is speaking out. I am certain that as a juror she thought nothing could ever come out in the public domain about their deliberations/juror questions and the selection process and now it is all coming out and may not be good for her. Frankly I too thought that jurors had more protection than what is happening here but I'm sure they are within legal rights to release this stuff and glad they are.

ugh. it is taken me OVER a week to catch up on these posts/threads. I am still over on thread SIX. ugh. i am trying to read it ALL before i comment since things seem to be developing as time [quickly] passes by.

but there is one thing i want to address as it is being repeated over and over as a topic of debate.

DID J17 KNOW JUAN ???? DID J17 LIE IN REGARDS TO KNOWING/NOT KNOWING JUAN????

Since there seems to be an objective of picking apart every word and the meaning behind words....let us look at the definition of........know.
It seems some here want to apply one definition to 'know' and that is: BFF with said person, hung out with said person, had some face to face convo(s) with said person, etc.

but THAT is not the only definition of 'know'. In fact, based on all definitions of 'know', juror factually lied to EVERYONE if the simple question "do you know any of us" was asked and she didnt speak up. LIED. FLAT OUT LIED.

based on the following definitions (below)..........the quoted argument above is null and void. the attempt to defend J17 as being blissfully innocent in knowing who Juan is, has failed. any intelligent, logically thinking person cannot state that J17 did not 'know' Juan. That would be as probable as JSS being a reptilian from Saturn, thus her incompetence. Even if J17 happened to have seen Juan on the news in passing, she has...'knowledge' of Juan.

Majority of us had ZERO knowledge of Juan before Jodi........yet even after seeing his opening statement on our TV or computer screen....we all then 'knew' him.

This argument should be considered done. IMO, of course.

know
[noh]
verb (used with object), knew, known, knowing.
to perceive or understand as fact or truth; to apprehend clearly and with certainty:
I know the situation fully.
to have established or fixed in the mind or memory:
to know a poem by heart; Do you know the way to the park from here?
to be cognizant or aware of:
I know it.
be acquainted with (a thing, place, person, etc.), as by sight, experience, or report:
to know the mayor.
to understand from experience or attainment (usually followed by how before an infinitive):
to know how to make gingerbread.
to be able to distinguish, as one from another:
to know right from wrong.
Archaic. to have sexual intercourse with.
verb (used without object), knew, known, knowing.
to have knowledge or clear and certain perception, as of fact or truth.
to be cognizant or aware, as of some fact, circumstance, or occurrence; have information, as about something.
noun
the fact or state of knowing; knowledge.
Idioms
in the know, possessing inside, secret, or special information.
know the ropes, Informal. to understand or be familiar with the particulars of a subject or business:
He knew the ropes better than anyone else in politics.

Yes. She.Knew.Juan.Martinez.

It wasn't his staff, but the taint was brought to his door with the entrapment of Flores' wife on IM.

What's the story there? I remember something about DF' Wife but don't know the details. Especially didn't know it involved an IM. I seem to have gotten the idea that it was just some post on FB by her that was being scrutinized at some time. Is it related to the JP vs Assistant drama? TIA if you have the time to relate it.

Jeffrey Evan Gold @jeffgoldesq · Mar 12

Why did #JodiArias waive her pre-sentence report? My guess she doesn't want to disclose her finances.

Jeffrey Evan Gold @jeffgoldesq · 58m 58 minutes ago

Both IRS and state offenses

==============================

What I want to know is was anything promised to #17.

So what would IRS or the State do to Jodi for this offense? Lock her up for life? Um yeah, that's already happening Mr. Gold. And Jodi would rather go to federal prison anyway. Much nicer.

I think J17 did exactly what her husband told her to regarding the verdict, like minds think alike and all. And she had revenge upon Juan for the first husband. She is a real winner.

ITA--FWIW I am a stickler for proof and during the original trial it was proven to me, beyond any doubt, that MK had (and continues to have) a personal agenda and uses this news media outlet as his own bully pulpit, is one who should in no way be given the title of "journalist", and is also driven by what came across as a palpable hatred for and vendetta against JM.

Jealousy is a terrible curse to carry, ages one quickly. Does MK have any other reason?

I am curious to know what possible argument MK can come up with as to why JA is such a nice little girl.

Nope, not the only one. I began commenting on it at the beginning of the sentencing trial. Some restraints on the prosecution, I learned, is to be expected in the mitigation phase, but I strongly feel that JSS did 'tie the long arm of the law behind his back' more than was appropriate. Not a die-hard criticizer of JSS, but in leaving Juan to sink or swim often; caving into the secrecy issue; and her very bad time management, I was not impressed.
I am a die-hard criticizer of JSS. She hates JM, IMO.

So what would IRS or the State do to Jodi for this offense? Lock her up for life? Um yeah, that's already happening Mr. Gold. And Jodi would rather go to federal prison anyway. Much nicer.

I think J17 did exactly what her husband told her to regarding the verdict, like minds think alike and all. And she had revenge upon Juan for the first husband. She is a real winner.

Gold did not post one tweet next to the other. The IRS tweet might be a cryptic way of saying "something" is being investigated. Probably re the players not already in jail....

I believe IRS can go after that account and someone set it up for her knowing it was to avoid paying taxes. It's not what they can do to JA. It's what they can do to other's who willingly helped her, I believe.

But will there be repercussions for the people who aided in these schemes, including MDLR? And will this money now be open for the taking for the Alexanders?

Not sure anyone else has noticed but after watching several of the retrial videos I vehemently contend that JM was severely constrained/inhibited in his questioning and wording during direct and cross examination--am I the only one who is seeing this?

I have only watched bits and pieces as I just cannot stomach the full deal...but yes JM is quite different this go round and honestly I think some of it is just being worn down by motion after motion and the vile Nurmi/willmot combo insulting him and just so much time spent on this worthless piece of flesh sitting over there playing games. I think everyone in that courtroom seems sick of the whole thing.

I believe IRS can go after that account and someone set it up for her knowing it was to avoid paying taxes.

Yes quite clear from the posts on the Jodi sites that they knew that this fund was for evasion purposes and knew people could get in trouble for it.

Gold did not post one tweet next to the other. The IRS tweet might be a cryptic way of saying "something" is being investigated. Probably re the players not already in jail....
Though it appears second tweet is about the first.

I am a die-hard criticizer of JSS. She hates JM, IMO.

See, I didn't ever see signs that she 'hated' him - I read it more that she felt he could handle all the carp that was going on, while she felt obligated to assist the DT in every way she could - especially, guiding JW through the whole process!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member