Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
AZlawyer :thinking: Isn't appeals one of your specialties? Or is it Appellate Lawyer? I can't remember...or are they one in the same?

If so, I have 2 questions for you

1. Will you be handling/begging for preparing JA's appeal :giggle:
2. Are you using the Sue duh Nihm name "SJ" in the collecting of the money for JA's appellate fund/scam that you will be handling? :judge:

Just joking of course :smile:

Perhaps while I was away I missed it but have you divulged what you mentioned a few weeks ago about how the defense could have gotten a mistrial or saved JA from the DP? I was quite interested in what strategy you envisioned.

The idea was basically for the attorneys to go down the Pedo Pathway, while Jodi tried to look medicated (e.g., doodling pointlessly and staring into space). Then Jodi would suddenly stand up when Nurmi was saying something particularly filthy about Travis and shout, "No! Stop! I can't take this anymore!" The judge would send the jury out of the room due to the outburst. The defense would not request a mistrial but would stop presenting evidence and would ask for a recess until the next day due to Jodi's mental condition. Jodi would then weep in allocution that her lawyers had her medicated and controlled her defense and she's so sorry for the pain caused to TA's family after she had already caused so much pain herself. That her lawyers said this was her time to talk about herself, but she wants to talk about TA. He was such a good person, human like everyone but it's not fair to twist those things into these nasty lies. And she sees now how mentally ill she was--it all made sense at the time--it seemed like she had no real choice--but now its like she's in the same body but she's not the same person. That she was so horrified by the pedo lie and just couldn't sit there any more. That she will if given life simply live quietly in her cell and not cause TA's family any more pain. She understands it's not safe for her to be out among other people; she needs so much more treatment for her illness. She only wants the chance to contemplate and confess and attempt to heal her soul so that over the coming decades she may, with grace, one day be worthy of God's love and forgiveness.

AZlawyer :thinking: Isn't appeals one of your specialties? Or is it Appellate Lawyer? I can't remember...or are they one in the same?

If so, I have 2 questions for you

1. Will you be handling/begging for preparing JA's appeal :giggle:
2. Are you using the Sue duh Nihm name "SJ" in the collecting of the money for JA's appellate fund/scam that you will be handling? :judge:

Just joking of course :smile:

Now remember, one cannot "specialize" in appeals in AZ according to the State Bar. But I think I can say it's an area I "know stuff about." Yes, appeals and appellate are the same.

The answer to both your questions is no. :)

The idea was basically for the attorneys to go down the Pedo Pathway, while Jodi tried to look medicated (e.g., doodling pointlessly and staring into space). Then Jodi would suddenly stand up when Nurmi was saying something particularly filthy about Travis and shout, "No! Stop! I can't take this anymore!" The judge would send the jury out of the room due to the outburst. The defense would not request a mistrial but would stop presenting evidence and would ask for a recess until the next day due to Jodi's mental condition. Jodi would then weep in allocution that her lawyers had her medicated and controlled her defense and she's so sorry for the pain caused to TA's family after she had already caused so much pain herself. That her lawyers said this was her time to talk about herself, but she wants to talk about TA. He was such a good person, human like everyone but it's not fair to twist those things into these nasty lies. And she sees now how mentally ill she was--it all made sense at the time--it seemed like she had no real choice--but now its like she's in the same body but she's not the same person. That she was so horrified by the pedo lie and just couldn't sit there any more. That she will if given life simply live quietly in her cell and not cause TA's family any more pain. She understands it's not safe for her to be out among other people; she needs so much more treatment for her illness. She only wants the chance to contemplate and confess and attempt to heal her soul so that over the coming decades she may, with grace, one day be worthy of God's love and forgiveness.

I've read where Her first attorney kinda wanted to take the defense this way and cmja wanted to stick to the ninjas. It wouldve been the best avenue

I'm curious about this too. In the first trial, she wore a waist/thigh zapper. After she was convicted of first degree murder, there was waaaay more jangle in her chains and she was under heavy guard with over-the-top cop-swagger. See here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2AywFspWqo Better still, here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0W0BmKX6nlk Notice who's smirking now! Bwahahaha!

In the retrial, was she wearing shackles the whole time, or was she wearing a zapper? Was there concern the zapper would show?

The footage of the June 2013 hearing gives me hope that Jodi will be in stripes and chains for the sentencing event.

I think she was wearing the waist zapper. Funny, but not so funny, story for ya. In the state of Texas when you provide contractual services that exceed 60% of your work week as a Clinician you are required by TXDOC to go through LE training with the new hire CO's, as well as take a LE/CO state exam. Well as luck would have it, I fit the bill for this expectation and did as was required. Suffice it to say, CO's in Texas must, among so many other unpleasant things, be subjected to the same types of restraint that they have the authority to administer to an inmate. Which includes the chemical restraints of pepper spray and tasers. :eek:

Umm, anyway you can imagine my complete dismay once this was revealed, not to mention they video record the event for all prosperity :noooo:--and future enjoyment. And all I will tell you is that I was tasered with distance guns and a waist belt, as well as blasted with Correctional Strength pepper spray--and if I had a choice I would be pepper sprayed every single time :blushing:

I think she was wearing the waist zapper. Funny, but not so funny, story for ya. In the state of Texas when you provide contractual services that exceed 60% of your work week as a Clinician you are required by TXDOC to go through LE training with the new hire CO's, as well as take a LE/CO state exam. Well as luck would have it, I fit the bill for this expectation and did as was required. Suffice it to say, CO's in Texas must, among so many other unpleasant things, be subjected to the same types of restraint that they have the authority to administer to an inmate. Which includes the chemical restraints of pepper spray and tasers. :eek:

Umm, anyway you can imagine my complete dismay once this was revealed, not to mention they video record the event for all prosperity :noooo:--and future enjoyment. And all I will tell you is that was tasered with distance guns and a waist belt, as well as blasted with Correctional Strength pepper spray--and if I had a choice I would be pepper sprayed every single time :blushing:

Omg!! What was your employment if you dont mind. That is horrifying to experience ON VIDEO too did they use the spray that causes you to lose control of your mucus? Too much!!

Does anyone know if JA is likely to be transfered to a California prison closer to her family?

The Arizona inmate handbook I read states that there will be absolutely no transfers on any account to other prisons for the convenience of family.

Besides, I doubt JA will want to live in Pelican Bay.....

That would have done it, alright. I guess her ego is too large for her to have been able to even contemplate it.

The Arizona inmate handbook I read states that there will be absolutely no transfers on any account to other prisons for the convenience of family.

Besides, I doubt JA will want to live in Pelican Bay.....

Chowchilla with betty? I can see betty being her prison mom

Speaking of "rats abandoning ship", I see very few on the scammy CMJA support site. LMAO. They are wondering where some are... follow the money and they might find them. LOL.

CAVMuMEUQAAGwo-.jpg

Might I just add that she will also confess that C.H. and S.H. were the Ninjas and that is why S.H has lost so much weight (from the guilt)... this comes from the "One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest" site btw.

On the date of her sentencing who gets to address the court? Will the judge just hand down the sentence or will we hear from TA's family, the murderer and her family? Sorry if this has been asked before.

still catching up....i dont know if this was addressed... if so, ignore me

cricket49

While watching Fox 10 Now yesterday many people were chatting and asking questions to Troy and Samia. A few comments
were made about people harassing Angela Arias on Twitter.

So, I got on her Twitter account and some of the comments were immature and very trashy. I do not think JA's family should be
harassed. This is what I found confusing.....Angela engages with the people who write these negative comments. Why wouldn't she block
them?

I was raised if someone called and harassed you to NOT answer the phone or to change the phone number.

If I received negative posts on twitter or FB I would block the person and move on. I am not in the social media generation so maybe I
don't understand the back and forth exchanges.

if i recall correctly, the sister said she purposely opened up twitter to FIGHT with the haters. i believe she posted that on her twitter....although i cant remember which day she did so. i am hoping someone can confirm this.

she is just as screwed up (not the word im actually saying out loud) as JA.

Omg!! What was your employment if you dont mind. That is horrifying to experience ON VIDEO too did they use the spray that causes you to lose control of your mucus? Too much!!

I do Clinical MH evaluations and consultation. Yes, loss of mucus because prison/LE grade Pepper Spray (10% OC) is the strongest available.

still catching up....i dont know if this was addressed... if so, ignore me

if i recall correctly, the sister said she purposely opened up twitter to FIGHT with the haters. i believe she posted that on her twitter....although i cant remember which day she did so. i am hoping someone can confirm this.

she is just as screwed up (not the word im actually saying out loud) as JA.

Keep in mind her sister was what,13 years old when cmja was arrested? That means everybody she once relied on completely checked out of her life to focus all their money and energy into jodi. Being a preteen is hard but being a preteen whose sister is Jodi arias is impossible. Can you imagine the ridicule she faced in school? I dont support Angela's actions but i find them very sad and misguided. Out of the entire arias clan angela i think is truly a victim of her family and i just can't contribute to saying anything negative.

I do Clinical MH evaluations and consultation. Yes, loss of mucus because prison/LE grade Pepper Spray (10% OC) is the strongest available.

Do you ever wonder if cos sit around and replay the training videos for a good laugh? I'd be so worried but im self conscious. I can't believe TDJC made you do that lol

So who handles appeals if not an appellate lawyer?

Also, I am just jumping in at random today. Did you see my question earlier AZL, it was about whether a service like PPL is a ponzi scheme or an actual good deal?

Now remember, one cannot "specialize" in appeals in AZ according to the State Bar. But I think I can say it's an area I "know stuff about." Yes, appeals and appellate are the same.

The answer to both your questions is no. :)

:jail:Evansville, IN
Our county Sheriff believes a new food contract will save thousands of dollars at the Vanderburgh County Jail. Maybe he reads at WS or follows Sheriff Joes' lead! He says the cost per meal will go down close to 17 cents by October. Even though the price went down, the Sheriff says the quality and amount of the meals will stay the same.

I brought it up b/c I think JA went to that PPL conference just to meet/"run into" TA... I think she heard about him, etc... And he became her target...

I mentioned it when someone posted that they thought that Troy could be her next target...

I give Troy much more credit than the likes of Jodi.. Isn't Troy married with kids?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela