Dismembered remains found in freezer identified missing as missing teen (2005)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Authorities in Colorado have identified recently sold remains that were found stored in a freezer nearly ten months ago.

The Mesa County Sheriff’s Office said the grim discovery was made shortly after a home in Grand Junction had been sold in January.

According to deputies, the remains of a human head and set of hands were found by someone who arrived to claim the freezer, which was being offered for free by the new owner of the recently sold property.

Investigators have confirmed the remains belong to Amanda Leariel Overstreet, a girl who had not been heard from since April 2005.

They estimate she was around 16 years old at the time of her disappearance.

“I mean, she was a child. She was 16 years old. She was still a child,” Wendy Likes, information and communications manager for the Mesa County Sheriff’s Office, said.

According to the sheriff’s office, Overstreet was the biological daughter of the previous owner of the property where her remains were found.

Neighbor Jameson Perez said there was a foul smell coming from the house when he would walk by. He also shared that the last time he saw the little girl was when she was on her way to school.

Police records indicate Overstreet was never reported missing.

The Mesa County Sheriff’s Office is continuing its investigation.

Authorities in Colorado have identified recently sold remains that were found stored in a freezer nearly ten months ago.

The Mesa County Sheriff’s Office said the grim discovery was made shortly after a home in Grand Junction had been sold in January.

According to deputies, the remains of a human head and set of hands were found by someone who arrived to claim the freezer, which was being offered for free by the new owner of the recently sold property.

Investigators have confirmed the remains belong to Amanda Leariel Overstreet, a girl who had not been heard from since April 2005.

They estimate she was around 16 years old at the time of her disappearance.

“I mean, she was a child. She was 16 years old. She was still a child,” Wendy Likes, information and communications manager for the Mesa County Sheriff’s Office, said.

According to the sheriff’s office, Overstreet was the biological daughter of the previous owner of the property where her remains were found.

Neighbor Jameson Perez said there was a foul smell coming from the house when he would walk by. He also shared that the last time he saw the little girl was when she was on her way to school.

Police records indicate Overstreet was never reported missing.

The Mesa County Sheriff’s Office is continuing its investigation.

Amanda was never reported missing. :'( I hope she didn't suffer through years of abuse.

Rest in peace Amanda. I wish the world had known more about you. I'm sorry your life ended in tragedy.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89
Back