DNA Doe Project - General Discussion #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Nogales John Doe 2002 was identified as Donald Hadland, Jr.
Interesting, as that was speculated to be a name of his, but the investigators weren't entirely sure

Nogales John Doe 2002 was identified as Donald Hadland, Jr.

AZ - AZ - Nogales, Male, UP6352, Sept 8, 2002

New category called "Past Cases" on DDP site that list cases that were originally handled by DDP but were taken to "another provider of IGG" by investigating agencies

Past Cases - DNA Doe Project Cases

Cases listed:

Corll John Doe 1973 - DNA Doe Project Cases

Betty the Bag Lady Berrien Co 1992 - DNA Doe Project Cases

Vernon County Jane Doe - DNA Doe Project Cases

Alachua Co John Doe 1979 - DNA Doe Project Cases
Interesting, it's a shame to see they dropped Vernon and Betty though.

Interesting, it's a shame to see they dropped Vernon and Betty though.
I hope whoever has taken up Vernon County Jane Doe's case has success, hers is one of those cases that just makes me incredibly sad to read. Whoever killed her tried so hard to make her unidentifiable, and I want science to thwart them in that. I really want her to get her name back.

MOO

I hope whoever has taken up Vernon County Jane Doe's case has success, hers is one of those cases that just makes me incredibly sad to read. Whoever killed her tried so hard to make her unidentifiable, and I want science to thwart them in that. I really want her to get her name back.

MOO
I think it can be Othram :)

Just a few updates from the Dashboard:
1.Algonquin Park John Doe 1980 and Montreal River John Doe 2017 (Canada) were moved to an active research
2. Total identified increased from 109 to 115 and total solved by the DDP from 102 to 103
3. Hardin County John Doe (KY) and Rock County (MN) are still listed as active, can be moved to solved, they were both announced to be identified in 2022 :)I am also wondering if Suzanne 1994 FL is actually in Active research now, her case is listed as pending

5644DDED-E055-40D0-82F0-19C692B426AD.jpeg

Updating the list of Does whose Namus profiles were removed:

1. Mercer Island John Doe 2018 (WA)

2.Peter Kalama Ln Jane Doe 2013 (WA)

3. Travis County John Doe 2021 (TX)

4. Broadway St Phoenix Jane Doe 2004 (AZ)

5. Suzanne Jane Doe 1994 (FL). She is a victim of serial killer Keith Jesperson, otherwise known as the Happy Face Killer

6. Motorcycle Mountain John Doe 2001 (CA)

7. LaVergne Jane Doe 2007 (TN)

Another very sad case Benton County Jane Doe, Indiana, a woman found in the box, and she is one of the DDP’s pending cases. Carl Kopperman made a reconstruction of her

The DDP is raising money USD 15,000 to add 6 more new cases:
https://.com/5BsWwC

Also for Florence Junction Jane Doe (Pima County, Arizona) only USD 900 left to cover all the expenses:

https://.com/@dnadoeproject/jane-doe-up-7209-pinal-county-az

I hope the DDP collaborates more often with other genealogy services like Parabon and Othram, with the recent update to Kilgore Jane Doe and the identification of Keith Bibbs. I think a lot of these services act more like rival businesses unfortunately.

No news so far. There is a new reconstruction of Swimsuit boy from NCMEC, but this is no longer a DDP case.
No updates on the dashboard

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SleuthingIndeed