DNA Doe Project - General Discussion

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey gang! New Google Drive update is a good one. New cases were added to the chart. Butler County John Doe 1997, Lee County John Doe, and Rockledge Jane Doe were added.

Rockledge Jane Doe does not have any matches over 30 cm, Butler County Doe has 10 matches over 30cm but they are all in the low 30’s, and Lee County Doe has 5 matches over 30 cm also in the low 30’s.

Not too many changes with the Does already in the chart. New Britain gained 2 more close matches, bringing her total to 214.

Harper Jane Doe has one more close match, bringing her total to 22. She’s doing pretty well. Her highest match is 103 cm so I’m expecting an identification by early next year.

I also want to add that there is a new little note at the top of the chart for us. Just saying that new cases will be added to it in the coming weeks and that it is a work in progress. Thank you, DDP!!

Another update to the Google Drive. Someone must be really working hard on it today. It now shows another chart that has two new Does on it-- Pulaski Doe and Kenosha John Doe.

On the new chart, it is now showing close matches that are over 40 cm. So, some of the Does from the old chart's number of matches have gone down because they are not over 40 cm.

Kenosha John Doe has nine matches over 40 cm, with the highest at 59.8 cm. So, he is doing fairly well.

A surprising one for me-- but Pulaski County Jane Doe is doing VERY WELL. She has 11 matches over 40 cm, with the highest being 101.9 cm. I am confident she will be identified sometime next year after her family tree has been worked on more.

If you guys want to see what I am talking about, go to DDP's FB page and there is a link to the Google Drive in the pinned post.

Also just wanted to let y'all know that Rockledge Jane Doe ONLY has 36 matches overall. None of which are over 40 cm. This is going to be EXTREMELY difficult it seems. I'd like to encourage anyone of African American descent who has done a DNA ancestry test to upload to GEDMatch and OPT IN. There is no way Rockledge can be identified without people opting in!

EXCITING NEWS:

Clark County John Doe 1979 is IDENTIFIED and pending confirmation and announcement. Congratulations to DDP.

Also wanted to share that they changed Pillar Point Doe’s status from Pending confirmation and announcement to just pending announcement.

So their identity has been confirmed.

Wow, that such great news! DDP is really solving some cases fast, despite the GEDMatch Opt-out setback.

Their case threads for reference:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...l-up13310-40-99-in-buffalo-cave-aug79.265976/
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...le-773umca-19-25-female-clothing-nov83.49189/

Hi again, everyone. I apologize for all of the annoying updates from me but I have another one from the Google Drive. It has been updated with a few more Does.

Birchwood Chatanooga John Doe has been added and he has eight matches over 40 cm, with the highest at 56.8 cm. He's looking good!

The recently identified Clark County John Doe (they updated their Facebook pinned post with that today) was added for some reason. He has eleven matches over 40 cm, with the highest at 187.9 cm. Again, he has been identified.

Grundy County Jane Doe has been added. She apparently has no matches over 40 cm, even though we know that there was a first cousin/niece found. I feel like this will be updated soon with that information.

Phoenix Jane Doe (2004 one) was also added and has five matches over 4o cm, with the highest being 77.79 cm. There was an article previously posted about a DDP identification of a Jane Doe that has not been announced and there was some speculation that she was the one who was identified. I'm not too sure about that now since she was added to this and her matches aren't too high. I'm going to say that the Marion County (Kansas) Doe was the one identified.

I like be these threads. I wish we could combine this other thread to this one. It’s exciting news for lol the LE, families and caring concerned citizens.
DNA Solves Cold Cases/Parabon Nanolabs & GED/Match.
I do some crossposting in that thread when something major happens DDP-wise, but I prefer the two threads separated. This gives room to even minor updates, Q+A, and discussions in the exciting world of the DNA Doe Project and makes the threads less messy with constant updates from other organizations. JMO.

I do some crossposting in that thread when something major happens DDP-wise, but I prefer the two threads separated. This gives room to even minor updates, Q+A, and discussions in the exciting world of the DNA Doe Project and makes the threads less messy with constant updates from other organizations. JMO.
Thanks for outlining the stream of posting. You are helping me. I appreciate your view and it makes so much sense.

Thanks for outlining the stream of posting. You are helping me. I appreciate your view and it makes so much sense.
Thank you for kind words and understanding. I do get what you are saying, and it made me think if there should actually an own sub-forum here on WS for these cases using DNA and genealogy. I mean, there will not be any less cases and organizations specializing in using genealogy to solve crimes/cases.

Thank you for kind words and understanding. I do get what you are saying, and it made me think if there should actually an own sub-forum here on WS for these cases using DNA and genealogy. I mean, there will not be any less cases and organizations specializing in using genealogy to solve crimes/cases.
I admit I’ve not yet read all the posts yet but it #1 on my list after I get some chores done. If you had to breakdown the two threads into two separate topics, do you have any ideas? Because I’m a bit confused which thread to post in when I find articles where dna was used to solve a cold case. Is one thread for those cases and another discussing the use of dna in LE forensics.
Btw: I vote yes #GEDmatchOptIn.

If you had to breakdown the two threads into two separate topics, do you have any ideas?
Snipped for focus.

I can't speak for others, but the way I do it is that this thread is for the unidentified cases DNA Doe Project has taken on:
DNA Doe Project - General Discussion

Cases taken on (and solved) by the Parabon Nanolabs. This thread is not that active anymore since people are mostly posting in the thread you mentioned, but I will include it, nevertheless:
Parabon - General Discussion

The thread you're referring to, I usually post major updates from DDP and PN + important information, all things GEDmatch, articles, etc. of anything relating to genealogy as a crime-solving tool. A sort of newsfeed, if that makes sense.
DNA Solves Cold Cases/Parabon Nanolabs & GED/Match.

There are other threads popping up here and there, but I believe people make new threads because they are not aware of the three mentioned above, which makes the need for a DNA/genealogy sub-forum greater.

Hope this helps! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member