DNA revisited in light of James Kolar’s book

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Since when is Beth Holloway the meter stick to which we gauge someones integrity or character? Honestly? I don't give a rats arse about their relationship. I know plenty of high functioning, intelligent women who make extremely poor choices when it comes to men and it is shocking but that has NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS.

The topic here has gone way far afield, IMO.

I love reading here, and have the feeling that something is going to shake loose soon in regards to several things: Kolar's book, renewed interest due to information from said book and information that the grand jury recommended to move forward with an indictment of the parents.

As far as I recollect Grand Juries are convened to make a determination on wether or not it is reasonable to move forward with an indictment. This GJ apparently did. Boulder is a wealthy community- plenty of money and resources so we can rest assured it wasn't because of financial reasons the DA chose NOT TO TAKE THE RECOMMENDATIONS OF THE GJ IT HAD CONVENED! None of it makes sense.

Let's get to the bottom of it and lay it ALL bare.

I think we would quickly have some pretty solid answers and there are plenty of people who would NOT want that outcome. Officials who did not do their jobs properly, turned a blind eye intentionally, and the individual(s) who perpetrated the crime.

I know what I believe. Lay it bare and let the chips fall where they may. RDI, if we are certain should not have a problem with this- and IDI, if they are so certain, shouldn't have a problem either.

There is no way that money was the reason that charges were not brought. That is really more of Lifetime special. If people commit crimes they are charged.. They may have lots of money to get lots of lawyers but they are charged.

Im pretty sure that is most people's opinion of her. She is strong and smart and a victims rights activist. She fights for victims. She would not tangle herself up with a perp or even a suspected perp. She is a smart cookie. And there is nothing anyone can say against her.

Honestly, how on earth can you say this?

Just because she is a smart strong woman, doesn't mean she is infallible. We can all fall victim to a good conman.

:facepalm:

Honestly, how on earth can you say this?

Just because she is a smart strong woman, doesn't mean she is infallible. We can all fall victim to a good conman.

:facepalm:

She is a good strong woman. She knows his story.. she is not going with someone that she feels is capable of anything of this magnitude. There are no charges on this man.

She is smart. I bet her instincts after dealing with someone like vandersloot are spot on.

Do you have a reference that the rest of the world turned the corner? Just asking, that's a pretty bold statement to make.

here's an independent poll from this year... hmmm.

picture.php

http://poll.pollcode.com/dxsnkc_result?v

Not sure I would call that a real poll, But if it works for people fine.

I know this.. When I see the case talked about on TV I do not see people calling the R's guilty. They seem to recognize the truth.. that everything shows that in reality, They had nothing to do with this horrible death.

She is a good strong woman. She knows his story.. she is not going with someone that she feels is capable of anything of this magnitude. There are no charges on this man.

She is smart. I bet her instincts after dealing with someone like vandersloot are spot on.

Sorry to open a can of worms and even throw in my two cents on Beth Holloway.... But here it goes...

As a mother, I wouldn't send my kid with my blessing to an island where drinking and gambling is the main agenda.

Not sure I would call that a real poll, But if it works for people fine.

I know this.. When I see the case talked about on TV I do not see people calling the R's guilty. They seem to recognize the truth.. that everything shows that in reality, They had nothing to do with this horrible death.

They seem to report what Lacy said.

What do you expect them to say? No one wants to be sued by the Ramsey machine.

I'm more than a little shocked that real investigative reporters haven't discussed or interviewed anyone from Bode technologies about the limitations of touch DNA.

Edited to add article on the limitations and concerns about overstating the evidence from a scientific forensic perspective. It's not written about the Ramsey case and IMO is unbiased and well written.
http://www.forensicmag.com/articles/2013/04/touch-dna-crime-scene-crime-laboratory#.UjtmZI29LCQ

There is no way that money was the reason that charges were not brought. That is really more of Lifetime special. If people commit crimes they are charged.. They may have lots of money to get lots of lawyers but they are charged.
Did you even read my post? I never said ANYTHING about money being the reason that no charges were filed?

Im pretty sure that is most people's opinion of her. She is strong and smart and a victims rights activist. She fights for victims. She would not tangle herself up with a perp or even a suspected perp. She is a smart cookie. And there is nothing anyone can say against her.

Again that is just your opinion of her. That is what you see of her publicly, you don't know her personally, do you?
Are they still dating? If not, do you know the reason they aren't?

Again that is just your opinion of her. That is what you see of her publicly, you don't know her personally, do you?

John married someone else awhile back. Can't remember her name.

It's somewhere here. I will see if I can find it.:seeya:

He is married now, and they dated for awhile. She has never said a bad word about him. I believe if there was one she would share it. She is pretty open about speaking.

Of course I don't know her. I remember the day the news broke about her dd. I have watched her fight for her dd and battle crazy odds to make progress. I have seen her face Vandersloot. She is an amazing woman.

He is married now, and they dated for awhile. She has never said a bad word about him. I believe if there was one she would share it. She is pretty open about speaking.

Of course I don't know her. I remember the day the news broke about her dd. I have watched her fight for her dd and battle crazy odds to make progress. I have seen her face Vandersloot. She is an amazing woman.

Again, I believe you missed the point I'm trying to make. I'm sure you have a good idea of how she is from what you've read and heard on the news and message boards.
But anyways, this isn't about who JR dated. Beth Holloway has nothing to do with this case.

http://www.forensicmag.com/articles/2013/04/touch-dna-crime-scene-crime-laboratory#.UjxLCH9qMpc

What are some of the problems DNA analysts encounter with touch DNA cases?

No presumptive tests

Partial profiles yielding low statistics

Complex Mixtures: A mixed sample may contain background DNA, crime-related DNA, and post-crime contamination, and it may be difficult to identify the relevant profile.

Increased chance of contamination

The profile may not be sufficient to enter into CODIS

A late touch DNA request for examination of shared evidence

Re-examination of cold cases which may not have been collected, stored, or examined with trace DNA detection sensitivities in mind.

Touch DNA does not tell you “when” or “how” DNA was deposited

Background DNA obtained from clothing which was handled by someone else or by the manufacturer

A bloodstain containing epithelial cells from another source

Most of the legal talking heads have started to talk about the R's as innocents and not guilty of anything.. The only place I really see them talked about as guilty is forums and books that people write.

Now, I know the information is flawed.

JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow