Do his parents know the truth?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think I've come across a set of parents more firmly entrenched in denial than the Peterson parents. They are in such a state of denial that Papa Peterson banned Mama Peterson's daughter from his house because she feels differently about Scott's "innocence". IMO, Scott is exactly where he should be right now.

Someone posted above that JY might implicate his girlfriend in this horrible murder. That got me thinking...Do any of you guys think that is possible? I mean, I know ANYTHING is possible....but what IF the girlfriend did it? What if she KNEW JY was going to be out of town? Does she have an alibi for that night, or do we know?

It may be a crazy thought, but it HAS happened before. Maybe JY wanted to break it off with the girlfriend? Maybe the girlfriend thought the only thing standing in the way of her & JY being together was Michelle?

Thoughts?

julianne said:
Someone posted above that JY might implicate his girlfriend in this horrible murder. That got me thinking...Do any of you guys think that is possible? I mean, I know ANYTHING is possible....but what IF the girlfriend did it? What if she KNEW JY was going to be out of town? Does she have an alibi for that night, or do we know?

It may be a crazy thought, but it HAS happened before. Maybe JY wanted to break it off with the girlfriend? Maybe the girlfriend thought the only thing standing in the way of her & JY being together was Michelle?

Thoughts?

Or her husband. We just don't know any of that info yet. I think that idea has passed through many of our minds. I'd be more inclined to believe she was an accomplice rather than doing it herself without Jason's knowledge. The fax, trips out of town and leaving home in front of witnesses are too eerily coincidental imo for him to have had nothing to do with it. Although stranger things have happened.

To be honest, I don't think the g/f had anything to do with this. From what I gather from the 'friend of a friend' on ctv, JY hit on this woman during a vulnerable time in her life, it was only consumated ;) once . He may have still been after her but maybe she was having second thoughts.

Heck, I don't know!? :silenced:

JMHO
fran

fran said:
To be honest, I don't think the g/f had anything to do with this. From what I gather from the 'friend of a friend' on ctv, JY hit on this woman during a vulnerable time in her life, it was only consumated ;) once . He may have still been after her but maybe she was having second thoughts.

Heck, I don't know!? :silenced:

JMHO
fran
That's interesting Fran - thanks!

You guys are all soooo smart!!!

DEPUTY lol - I was thinking I'd lost my mind and was looking for my contributing post on this thread.

FLOH - I think you're right about Entwistle. They didn't even offer to get him a high profile attorney. He's got a public defender.

RC - I agree with you about JY having to be cornered. I think the step father played right into his hand what with getting the lawyer and JY said nothing about this girlfriend. I say this because if JY had mentioned this to his parents, they would have hired a lawyer before they headed to Raleigh. As it is they didn't hire one until all their luggage was seized with the vehicle.

WHITEWOLF I believe that since all these warrants were issued that JY has been "blubbering" to his parents. Also, if Meredith was in involved in some criminal activity, I believe he's the source.

ANNIE :blowkiss: Great post. I believe you're "bang-on" with the logic and denial. I would just throw in the element of fear that his parents are consumed with right now.

NAN Good point about the out of town alibi. No reason for the family to suspect Jy and that's why they probably didn't consider hiring a lawyer before charging off to Raleigh.

FRAN Yes...this guy could be another "complete liar".

ALWAYS SHOCKED As I stated on another thread, at this point you would think the parents are doing some analysis. I sure would be but then again, I spend a good portion of my life on this board. I would suspect that they are very scared. Like Annie says, this could ruin their life as well as their bank account.

strach304 said:
Or her husband. We just don't know any of that info yet. I think that idea has passed through many of our minds. I'd be more inclined to believe she was an accomplice rather than doing it herself without Jason's knowledge. The fax, trips out of town and leaving home in front of witnesses are too eerily coincidental imo for him to have had nothing to do with it. Although stranger things have happened.

Sure thing, strach. When some things in these crimes are uncovered, we go into shock - thinking "can't be!".... when actually it CAN be. On the g/f's involvement I'm inclined to believe she wasn't involved other than being part of JY's motive. But as you say ... stranger things ....

Lord, I wonder if JY reads this board (or CTV's board?). I'm sure his family must know about these forums from what the "insiders" have posted at CTV. Gosh, I was dizzy yesterday trying to read there: page after page after PAGE of bickering :bang:

Hey jilly-girl - GREAT post... (I should do that rather than spam one thread when I get going, lol! :D )

Now dash along to the O/T thread ... sample close's cookies: they're great :)

Given the amount of time that has now passed, the disclosure of warrants, the confirmation of a "relationship", a false allegation concerning Cassidy's trust fund and Aunt, and the recent revelation that Linda Fisher has not seen her grand daughter, I thought resurection of this thread appropriate.

IMO - the Young family knows.

ETA - Sami posted this in the OT Thread - incase you did not see it:

http://www.canada.com/edmontonjournal/story.html?id=a62c75b2-5e3c-438a-9b0e-60737e5ad6fa

Children this young do talk...

Hi Charlie, I missed this, unless it is the charge made by RPD at CTV about Meredith. Is this what you meant?

The article posted by Sami was very interesting. There was a lot of specific evidence in that case, him caught on tape, etc. We don't yet really know what they have on their POI in this case, but I'm hoping the 911 call will be allowed in as evidence.

scandi said:
Hi Charlie, I missed this, unless it is the charge made by RPD at CTV about Meredith. Is this what you meant?

The article posted by Sami was very interesting. There was a lot of specific evidence in that case, him caught on tape, etc. We don't yet really know what they have on their POI in this case, but I'm hoping the 911 call will be allowed in as evidence.

Yes - that is the allegation I am refering to. It seems this information was disseminated without a firm basis and was the talk of Raleigh. It was also referenced on other boards as well - Topix net, N&O etc...someone put it out and even RPD acknowledged it was the JY camp.

scandi said:

The case posted by Samiya relates to a case that is closed, guilty. The voir dire regarding admissibility of the preschoolers information was released after the verdict. It is compelling information, but I find it hard to believe that a 3 year old would talk about the heart beating:

"When Kelly [Ashley's grandmother] was cleaning up a spill with paper towels, Ashley asked, "Did you see the blood on Mommy's [Liana] neck and her heart stopped and her died?" Ashley motioned with her finger across her neck and down her chest." (see link to Michael White) Did her dad tell her that her mom's heart stopped beating? her grandma? a 3 year old knows this?

I don't think the 911 tape could be admitted because there is controversy over what Cassidy is saying in the background. Furthermore, at age 2 she is still considered to be an infant. Even if they were to enhance the tape, it would give prejudicial information from an infant and could not be admissable. Without enhancement, it is still controversial. I think the 911 tape is out.

raisincharlie said:
Yes - that is the allegation I am refering to. It seems this information was disseminated without a firm basis and was the talk of Raleigh. It was also referenced on other boards as well - Topix net, N&O etc...someone put it out and even RPD acknowledged it was the JY camp.

Catch me up here ... is there, or has there been, a conspiracy from the "JY camp" to achieve some objective?

I feel like I'm trying to decipher some code.

Otto, it was the poster on Ctv boards that started a thread saying Meredith was arrested for nine counts of embezzlement and the news would be reported soon and it never happened. That may have happened while you were sick.

As a mother of two very intelligent and articulate daughters I can assure you the things they say at 2 and 3 have amazed even me. :eek:

strach304 said:
Otto, it was the poster on Ctv boards that started a thread saying Meredith was arrested for nine counts of embezzlement and the news would be reported soon and it never happened. That may have happened while you were sick.

As a mother of two very intelligent and articulate daughters I can assure you the things they say at 2 and 3 have amazed even me. :eek:

i'm glad you posted this....my husband's granddaughter will be 4 this month, & she's just now starting to talk where you can really understand her....i have a great niece that's the opposite...she's been chatting since she was 2 & by 2 1/2 she was blowing my mind with some of the words & sentences that she could say....she's VERY articulate with her words...our whole family was just blown away when she first started talking...it's hard to believe that she's only going to be 4 in March....she's just always talked really really plain.....course, mind you as she was learning at around two, we'd sometimes have to say "what?", but she'd repeat things to where you could understand her....she's amazing, imo.....a lot of kids are just like that....two of my sons were talking 'good' at 2 1/2, & one of them talked exceptionally well, but nothing like my great niece was.....

close_enough said:
i'm glad you posted this....my husband's granddaughter will be 4 this month, & she's just now starting to talk where you can really understand her....i have a great niece that's the opposite...she's been chatting since she was 2 & by 2 1/2 she was blowing my mind with some of the words & sentences that she could say....she's VERY articulate with her words...our whole family was just blown away when she first started talking...it's hard to believe that she's only going to be 4 in March....she's just always talked really really plain.....course, mind you as she was learning at around two, we'd sometimes have to say "what?", but she'd repeat things to where you could understand her....she's amazing, imo.....a lot of kids are just like that....two of my sons were talking 'good' at 2 1/2, & one of them talked exceptionally well, but nothing like my great niece was.....

The month my daughter turned two years old we had to have her to a periodontist (sp?) for a minor accident involving her front tooth - the dentist looked at me in utter amazement and said, "I've never in my 15 years of practice with only children seen a child conduct a conversation like that at two years of age. Most 6 year olds can't formulate sentences like that!" Some kids just have a knack for being conversationalist, I guess.

I think that Jason's parents are giving him the benefit of the doubt. I'm sure that they believe he is innocent, but if the evidence starts to pile up they will probably form doubts. So long as they are willing to tell the truth, there's nothing to worry about. They are part of Jason's alibi and it would be a huge mistake for them to try to manipulate the facts in Jason's favour. Telling Jason to lawyer up right away could be interpretted in two ways. It could be that they don't trust the police and it could be that they don't trust Jason.

otto said:
I think that Jason's parents are giving him the benefit of the doubt. I'm sure that they believe he is innocent, but if the evidence starts to pile up they will probably form doubts. So long as they are willing to tell the truth, there's nothing to worry about. They are part of Jason's alibi and it would be a huge mistake for them to try to manipulate the facts in Jason's favour. Telling Jason to lawyer up right away could be interpretted in two ways. It could be that they don't trust the police and it could be that they don't trust Jason.

Well according to one of the 'insiders' in JYs camp (last nite) they are no where near having doubt about JY. In fact, this insider claims to know who murdered MY. I think it's safe to say at this point they don't trust LE and the media. :boohoo:

Do they really know their son at all? I have 3 sons and I can tell within seconds if they were to tell a lie. I just can't believe that they think Jason had nothing to do with it. I can't believe that they wouldn't want Jason to help the police if they thought he had nothing to do with it and just get a lawyer fight off the bat. Do his folks not care if the murderer is caught? Do they fear the police more than finding a killer? They know he is good for it.

less0305 said:
The month my daughter turned two years old we had to have her to a periodontist (sp?) for a minor accident involving her front tooth - the dentist looked at me in utter amazement and said, "I've never in my 15 years of practice with only children seen a child conduct a conversation like that at two years of age. Most 6 year olds can't formulate sentences like that!" Some kids just have a knack for being conversationalist, I guess.

IMHO, they should not just discount off-hand what Cassidy may have said. Although she's legally just an infant, some two year olds are much more astute than others.

I've raised six children. One of them, the middle daughter, was talking in full sentences, knew her alphabet inside and out, and was beginning to read words by her 2nd birthday. She could also write them.

She didn't just talk in sentences with no meaning either. We were at my inlaws and when my FIL brought out some ice cream, she told him it looked expensive. LOL, she was used to the 'store brand.'

If Cassidy is this type of child, they really should listen to what she says. Of course, I guess that's up to the courts, but they shouldn't dismiss her statements as the utterances of a baby.

JMHO
fran

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members