Do You Really Think Casey Will Serve Time For Forgery?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Why are these charges felonies? The amounts seem low? Don't get me wrong - I'm glad they are, but was curious about the severity of the charges.

Because she didn't just write hot checks. She stole someone else's checks and identification documents to write the hot checks. It is not the amount so much as what she did.

I don't understand why people don't seem to understand that this is not the same as writing a hot check for groceries out of your own personal account.

It is not hot checks, most of the checks were actually good. there were funds to cover them, but they were written on someone else's account without permission.

Yes I heard it too.
I do not get it, forgery does not warrant 50 years.
(But I don't know much about forgery)

IMO forgery is a serious charge. I would think that charges of forgery alone would get her time.

I think its the combination of forgery charges plus the udder charge...(bad checks) but I almost wish they'd be smart (JB) and say well if you go easy on those charges with jailtime, etc we'll tell you where Caylee is....I mean they have to know eventually she's going to be charged with murder...at least maybe they can bargain the death penality off the table... (don't misunderstand I want her charged and rotting, but I also want them to find Caylee)...

IN MY OPINION ONLY!!!!! It will not matter how much time KC gets for the fraud and check charges as LE is going to charge her with Murder 1 and seek the death penalty and IMO will get it.

THIS IS MY OPINION AND BASED ON COMMON SENSE.

LE is taking their time and dotting their i's and crossing their t's.

We will just have to be patient.

She is charged with child neglect as well, and the child in question is STILL missing, so I think this is a FACT that can be submitted into evidence on this charge...??? But I do not know why we are even concerned about these lesser charges, as there are much more serious charges on the horizon for our Mother of the Year...

The New Charges

1.Grand Theft Third Degree
2.Fraudulent Use of Personal identification Information
3.Forgery of a check
4.Uttering a forged check
5.Fraudulent Use of Personal Identification Information
6.Forgery of a check
7.Uttering a forged check
8.Fraudulent Use of Personal Identification Information
9.Forgery of a check
10.Uttering a forged check

[SIZE=-1](c) It is grand theft of the third degree and a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084, if the property stolen is: [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]1. Valued at $300 or more, but less than $5,000. [/SIZE]

The thing is the courts must be blind to the other facts in this case when sentencing her for the check fraud, if convicted. They can't realistically make her serve 50 years for forgery, because that is not the way everyone is treated. If the sentence is way out of proportion with the norm, it would make it easily appealed. Even though there are numerous charges, I believe the court will take them all as "one occurrence" and she will be sentenced as one event. The guidelines are 1 to 5 years. My guess is they will say five years, credit for time served, and out in about 40% of sentencing. Bottom line, right now, if sentenced today, my guess would be 2 years for the financial and theft charges.

If they really charge her with the stealing from the grandparents, that might be considered another event, because it clearly did not happen while Caylee was missing. CA says she already has affidavits from her bank in the early 911 calls. That means her bank likely can go ahead with those charges. That might get her another year, but I'm still thinking less than 3 years total.

If child neglect and obstruction are proved, they would carry 1 to 6 years. Again, I believe it will be more in the three year range actually to be served. I would imagine JB would fight to have them served together, so my money says she's out in three years, tops. Three years to make 1.5 million dollars.

TODAY'S UPDATES:
Recordings of Casey Anthony interviews released
11:16 a.m.: The Orange County Sheriff's Office today released the audio recordings of interviews conducted between Casey Anthony and investigators on July 16 - the day the 22-year-old mother was arrested.

The New Charges

1.Grand Theft Third Degree
2.Fraudulent Use of Personal identification Information
3.Forgery of a check
4.Uttering a forged check
5.Fraudulent Use of Personal Identification Information
6.Forgery of a check
7.Uttering a forged check
8.Fraudulent Use of Personal Identification Information
9.Forgery of a check
10.Uttering a forged check

[SIZE=-1](c) It is grand theft of the third degree and a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084, if the property stolen is: [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]1. Valued at $300 or more, but less than $5,000. [/SIZE]

Thank you..I researched the law and was curious about the different degrees as it was kind of confusing. I appreciate you listing it..I haven't seen this yet!

KC will serve time on each and every charge they prove in court. Her thumbing her nose at LE and the "system" will not help her when any charge comes up. I'm not saying that they will use the charges as a substitute for what they would like to charge her with but I don't think she will be able to plead for mercy and thus face the full time the proven charges carry. She will not be placed in a special area like she has in the time she has already served in jail but with all of the others who are there for the same reason she is. No extra protection will be given to her. If I were KC I would be very afraid.

Absolutely correct! Let me add that my niece at the age of 19 stole two checks from her grandfather, wrote them to herself, and forged his signature. The bank pressed charges once he reported it to them (the bank). They had her on video cashing the checks at the bank. (She thought it was just some little thing and all would be forgiven. BTW, she used this money for drugs and living expenses. She was crashing at random friends apts. or sleeping in her car.) The BANK, not the grandfather pursued charges. He reported them to the financial institution as stolen and was no longer considered the victim as the bank reimbursed his account. She was prosecuted and is currently serving time in jail. She got 6 years.

TODAY'S UPDATES:
11:16 a.m.: The Orange County Sheriff's Office today released the audio recordings of interviews conducted between Casey Anthony and investigators on July 16 - the day the 22-year-old mother was arrested.

Do we have links to the audio??? what a tease!

I guess it depends on the judge presiding over the case how much time she actually gets. There are guidelines, and he/she can either give the max or any amount of time below that. I am thinking that MOST of the judges KNOW about this case, and they are going to review it with a fine tooth comb and when it comes down to the sentencing, she is going to serve as much time as is ALLOWED by LAW...
--------------
I think you may be right,also depends on whether the check owners press charges to full extent.I thought the total amount was like 700.00 which is not a fortune but it is over the petit amount?I could well be wrong on this.I think grand theft is over 500.00~I also know of someone who went to the pen to serve for an amount slightly over 500.00.I dont see 5 years for each check.IMO

If they can show a pattern of behavior.....no remorse, repeated theft over a period of time, etc. I doubt she will get anything less than 5 years per offense (2.5 - 3 yrs for good behavior). How she serves that time, is up to the judge. He can piggy back or bundle the sentence.

TODAY'S UPDATES:
I just checked OCSO and didn't see anything - where did you see or hear this? Link please.

Remember folks in Florida Inmates will serve a Minimum of 85%of their time.

Those sentenced to prison in Florida who committed their crimes on or after October 1, 1995 will serve a minimum of 85% of their sentences. This applies to all inmates, regardless of the type of crime they committed. On December 31, 2005, more than three-quarters (80.2%) of all inmates in prison had been sentenced under the 85% law. This percentage represents only those inmates who have every component of their sentence covered by the 85% law. When calculating how much time an inmate will serve in prison you must first calculate 85% of his or her sentence, and then subtract any county jail time already served.

Sample Sentences and Estimated Time Served
Offense Sentence Minimum Time
They Will Serve*
Murder Life Life in Prison
Sexual Assault 15 years 12.8 years
Burglary 10 years 8.5 years
Drug Possession 3 years 2.6 years
*Minus any county jail time already served.

http://www.dc.state.fl.us/pub/timeserv/doing/index.html

I am praying she will be charged with first degree murder and get death instead of life, but even if she is not charged, and/or acquitted whatEVER time she gets for the fraud, ect. will be compounded by the fact people everywhere believe she murdered her child, and that does not set well, especially with convicts.

Even a year in prison will be a lifetime for her, and perhaps for once in her pathetic excuse for a life she will get exactly what she deserves.

I have heard that criminals have their own 'special' brand of justice. Especially for someone that has harmed a child, because most of them were harmed as children.

For once mommy dearest won't be able to protect her and all the denial in the world will not help CA.

If I were KC I would be VERY afraid.

What is the difference between larceny and forgery and possibly stolen identity?? TIA.

Here's a question. Time served. This usually counts toward the time sentenced BUT does this time that she is OUT ON BOND count as time served?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bridgetraiann
Back