Do You think Cindy Anthony is mad at GA?....

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I have a friend whose husband threatened suicide MANY times,during their marriage.Finally one day she said to him "Why do you keep torturing me,if you want to kill yourself,why don't you just go ahead and do it." And so he did,right outside of her job,he blew his brains out,Was she angry----you bet---still is---and this was years ago,so is everyone else angry.How selfish this was of him.I think anger is a perfectly normal,reaction,and do not believe for one minute that CA may be angry,because the attention is not on her. Shock,anger,denial,acceptance,all part of the grieving process. JMO

Cindy gave birth to her daughter, who gave birth to her daughter, one is dead, one is in jail.

She's married to a man that is in the hospital for contemplating taking his life.

Her son has had rumors and speculations that he is the father of the granddaughter she has to still bury.

Cindy has a life. I know I wouldn't care to trade mine with hers.

I love your post. Says it all.

Listening to the news reports that were coming in, a reporter stated that having this incident with George going off the deep end had made Cindy mad...I'm just wondering if anyone else caught that, and, if they did, why would Cindy be MAD? I'd think out of all her emotions she would be WORRIED, and she didn't even RUSH to be with him at the hospital she took her time...Not to mention the fact that she had the LAWYER call the police instead of herself...

Interested in hearing what you all have to say about this...

Mods, feel free to move this if not where it needs to be.

My opinion - she was mad because George got the attention. That woman has ice water in her veins just like her daughterr.

Listening to the news reports that were coming in, a reporter stated that having this incident with George going off the deep end had made Cindy mad...I'm just wondering if anyone else caught that, and, if they did, why would Cindy be MAD? I'd think out of all her emotions she would be WORRIED, and she didn't even RUSH to be with him at the hospital she took her time...Not to mention the fact that she had the LAWYER call the police instead of herself...

Interested in hearing what you all have to say about this...

Mods, feel free to move this if not where it needs to be.

I would first be annoyed.

I would then be terrified.

After I knew he was alright, I would be beyond furious.

I would think this is one ONE MORE THING he had created and then checked out on. He bankrupts the family, either through an internet scam or online gambling, and I lose my retirement fund.

He can't keep a job. I trundle off to work every day to keep a roof over the head and food in the fridge.

He is now another dependent that she must raise. Ironic that she's lost the wee and tiny little 'un who truly deserved to be sheltered, and is left with a grown man who tried to check out when things are at their darkest.

She's now stuck with him. She can't kick him to the curb now that he's suicidal.

If I had to pick, I'd pick a CA over a GA. Any time.

Blaise

exactly how do you "hurt" the ones you leave behind? I see so many folks looking at suicide from their own selfish self centered perspectives. Do you honestly believe that people in enough pain to actually end their life sit around thinking, gosh how the heck is DORIS going to take this? They see nothing but Black in front of them.

Just adding to your post...I have bipolar and have been in some VERY dark places. If you haven't been there, you have no idea. In fact, when I'm not there, I have no idea. I can't remember what that felt like. When I'm suicidal, I can't remember what it was like to not have pain. While sometimes my depression is triggered by an event, other times it comes out of the blue.

I had a post-partem depression so bad that i thought my daughter would be better off w/o me. Without intervention, I'm certain I wouldn't be here. And yes, having a parent (or close grandparent) committing suicide definitely makes it seem more acceptable. I have multiple people in my family who have completed suicides (bipolar runs rampant)

However, now I do think of how my suicide would affect my daughter, who also has bipolar. I can't do that to her, leave her alone in her own hell. My last two depressions felt like I was doomed to hell. Even death was off the table. No escape.

Fortunatly, my medication is adjusted, and I'm doing well and glad to be alive!

I noticed that with the GVS interview also! This is a tragic evolving case with so many twists and turns. It's like being on a rollercoaster! I think Cindy's reaction is perfectly appropriate-but, I'm sure it wasn't her first reaction to GA being missing! That being said, the reactions of the public are not at all surprising either. The A's asked for the public's help, time and money. The public became emotionally invested and fell in love with Caylee! We don't have the same problem the A's have with denial-we NEVER fell in love with KC. We can look at the evidence from a totally different perspective than they can! If they never come to accept the fact that KC is a murderer-I don't care-as long as Caylee receives the justice she deserves and KC is put away for as long as possible-at least till her child-bearing years are well over!!:furious:

I agree that Cindy's response is normal. It could be one of many- panic, worry, fear, tears, anger, anxiety, etc. What I find interesting is that her attorney chose to only mention anger. Hmmm.

I have a friend whose husband threatened suicide MANY times,during their marriage.Finally one day she said to him "Why do you keep torturing me,if you want to kill yourself,why don't you just go ahead and do it." And so he did,right outside of her job,he blew his brains out,Was she angry----you bet---still is---and this was years ago,so is everyone else angry.How selfish this was of him.I think anger is a perfectly normal,reaction,and do not believe for one minute that CA may be angry,because the attention is not on her. Shock,anger,denial,acceptance,all part of the grieving process. JMO

There are people who use suicide threats and even committ suicide as a manipulation tool. I had an ex like that. Every time we had a fight, he was either going to kill himself, and occasionally would threaten to take us both out. Took me years to get the courage to get out, and take the chance that when I left he would kill himself. I truly believed he would and prepared myself.

He didn't.

I agree that Cindy's response is normal. It could be one of many- panic, worry, fear, tears, anger, anxiety, etc. What I find interesting is that her attorney chose to only mention anger. Hmmm.

That's a very good POINT! Well said, never thought of it in that light.

Just adding to your post...I have bipolar and have been in some VERY dark places. If you haven't been there, you have no idea. In fact, when I'm not there, I have no idea. I can't remember what that felt like. When I'm suicidal, I can't remember what it was like to not have pain. While sometimes my depression is triggered by an event, other times it comes out of the blue.

I had a post-partem depression so bad that i thought my daughter would be better off w/o me. Without intervention, I'm certain I wouldn't be here. And yes, having a parent (or close grandparent) committing suicide definitely makes it seem more acceptable. I have multiple people in my family who have completed suicides (bipolar runs rampant)

However, now I do think of how my suicide would affect my daughter, who also has bipolar. I can't do that to her, leave her alone in her own hell. My last two depressions felt like I was doomed to hell. Even death was off the table. No escape.

Fortunatly, my medication is adjusted, and I'm doing well and glad to be alive!

I am so glad that you are doing better and that you are there for your daughter. That is so important. I have three daughters and don't know what they would do without me, honestly. I wish you the best and hope you keep doing well for you and her.

I would think this is one ONE MORE THING he had created and then checked out on. He bankrupts the family, either through an internet scam or online gambling, and I lose my retirement fund.

He can't keep a job. I trundle off to work every day to keep a roof over the head and food in the fridge.

He is now another dependent that she must raise. Ironic that she's lost the wee and tiny little 'un who truly deserved to be sheltered, and is left with a grown man who tried to check out when things are at their darkest.

She's now stuck with him. She can't kick him to the curb now that he's suicidal.

If I had to pick, I'd pick a CA over a GA. Any time.

Blaise

I think you've nailed Cindy very nicely in the consistency of her behaviour. From what we know of her, it could be that she would continue to criticise and blame, even if suicide was involved. I don't think it would occur to her take a look at herself, to evaluate her own role in this situation, to see where she may have gone wrong. She instead would more likely be her predictably unsupportive self, using George as the usual scapegoat for all the ills of the universe while her Casey can do no wrong. It's all about Cindy, how it affects her.

When I feel angry about someone close to me that completed suicide, it really is all about me. Nothing wrong with it, but I know that's only one of the many feelings I have. I wish I could have seen the signs, etc....What if?...What if? If Cindy is angry at herself, then I could cut her some slack. But I bet you she ain't.

He is now another dependent that she must raise. [snip]

Blaise

Blaise, not to mention that if he tried to commit suicide and was unsuccessful sometimes the person can be in a worse state (i.e, unsuccessful gunshot resulting in brain damage or unsuccessful overdose resulting in stroke, heart attack, coma, etc.). Not everyone who tries to commit suicide makes a 100% recovery. Can you imagine if GA had been left comatose, had a stroke, heart attack or became incapacitated?

I am so glad that you are doing better and that you are there for your daughter. That is so important. I have three daughters and don't know what they would do without me, honestly. I wish you the best and hope you keep doing well for you and her.

Thank you :)

I feel sorry for George and feel like he really needs help.
With the way Cindy treats him and I guess always as.
I feel George loved Cayleee more than anybody I just wish
he would tell what he knows because Casey cares not one
bit about his feeling are anybody else but her own she rather
see him go down than herself because she only cares about herself.
Hope all this makes since not good at putting things in words.

OK, I have had a few minutes to reflect...I didn't start this thread with the intentions of having a go at CINDY...I am a bit naive to the whole process of knowing a loved one that has attempted suicide, and my first thought was why would she be angry and not grateful he was found alive. It did strike me as odd that she wouldn't have rushed to be at his side, I know I would of.

And ok, perhaps she was too upset to call, but she sounded fine in the background when she was telling her attorney what to say.

1) Nobody knows the specifics of why he did this. Cindy may have felt she was part of his despair, so she may have felt it would harm him more for her to go right over to the hospital. Also, the doctors may have said that it would be better for her to wait until he's stabalized before she came over.

2). Nobody knows what kind of medication Cindy may be taking to cope with everything and it might be affecting her mood and her reactions.

What many people fail to realize is that not ONE person here has been in their shoes. Not one person can truly understand how these people feel. And what most fail to see, beyond everything, is that these people are victims too. Have they made mistakes as parents? Who hasn't? Are they flawed people? Who isn't? I believe every move they've made, right or wrong, was their need to hold on to whatever they could of the life they once had...or believed they had...or dreamed to have. What they need to accept in order to move on is that the only way forward is not looking back. The only way they will survive is to let go and start a new life different than what they once were. Not an easy task for anyone. I pray for them, even if I don't agree with them. Fear. And loss drive them - I understand that much and, never having been in their position, who am I to judge?

I posted this in the other thread but it seems relevant here:

Yes, on NG, Drew Petrimo said that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1-kz...e=channel_page

(about 3:00)
NG: Drew, what is his status right now?
DP: They say he's doing ok, he's been, the Baker Act stipulates that he should be kept under surveillance for 72 hours but I've talked to his attorney, he says he's doing better, he's in bed, he's talked with Cindy Anthony. She was at first distraught over this whole news then he said almost, she was almost kind of angry that, that this happened, but they're going over to visit him now after he left the press conference earlier today. His attorney was going to visit him, he says that, you know, he's alive so that's the best thing that they can take away from today because, as the attorney said, that they were at one time really scared that he had already hurt himself if you hear the 911 call.

To summarize, Drew is quoting the A's attorney as saying CA was "almost kind of angry". That's a lot different from "MAD", IMO.

And they did not say what she was almost kind of angry about - almost kind of angry at George for trying to take the easy way out? Almost kind of angry at the media for swarming the house? Almost kind of angry that after they tried to stay silent for the last 6 weeks, GA did something to bring the focus back to them? Almost kind of angry that GA had not told her how desperate he felt?

In my opinion, a suicide attempt would always produce anger on some level from those close to the attemptee. Suicide, suicide attempts, and suicide ideations are difficult to understand from outside the brain of the participant. If you are not the participant, the feelings of anger at the participant's perceived selfish and incomprehensible behavior are totally normal. If CA did not feel anger on some level, then I would think her behavior was odd.

Mixed emotions wouldn't be that difficult to understand. Wishing much healing and heart for George, Cindy, Lee and the extended family.

Anger is a totally normal reaction to suicide. There's grief and anger associated with what in many ways is a selfish act. He would have been leaving her amidst all this loss to deal with it alone. I'd be pissed too. I know that I went through a phase of anger when a loved one killed himself.

No doubt this is the truth....unfortunately anyone who has dealt with it knows this, you simply cannot imagine it, there is nothing in the world that could have prepared me for what I went through.

I would be pissed too, I know that a marriage very often cannot survive horrendous situations like this one.
BUT HOW could GA believe that his family would be "better off" if he ended his own life. He must be in really rough shape if he truly believes that.

Also he was a cop who has experience with murder and death and no doubt grief counselling.....LE are educated to understand the psychology of it.

IMO, this was a cry for help, otherwise he would not have sent text messages to people allowing them the opportunity to stop him.

I feel awful for these people, they have not been perfect, they have made mistakes as we all have, but I would not wish this situation on my worst enemy.

I feel sorry for George and feel like he really needs help.
With the way Cindy treats him and I guess always as.
I feel George loved Cayleee more than anybody I just wish
he would tell what he knows because Casey cares not one
bit about his feeling are anybody else but her own she rather
see him go down than herself because she only cares about herself.
Hope all this makes since not good at putting things in words.

Makes perfect sense to me.

I keep going back to the jail house visit where CA and GA tell KC that they are not doing well and that Lee has been sick and there is NO reaction from KC to show that she cares one bit. I can not even imagine not caring about what you were doing to your family. The toll that this has taken is not something that KC seems to care one bit about. My prayers are with all Caylees family. Her Great Grandparents included. She had more love in her little 2 year old body than her Mama will ever have or know. JMHO

I keep going back to the jail house visit where CA and GA tell KC that they are not doing well and that Lee has been sick and there is NO reaction from KC to show that she cares one bit.

She did react. She mentioned that she was getting sick too!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melissa D.
Back