Does Skyline school bear any responsibility?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to see pictures taken of the SF... but to many innocent little kids so that just not gonna happen. Which I understand but the more eyes looking at SF pictures can see different things.

Visited school today to see if I could look in gym windows..
Curtains were closed.

Found a cleaning crew in one of the classrooms on west side of school w/door open to classroom, asked if I could come in, was told no =)
I did take a picture though =)

Asked cleaning crew dude about the gym and if you can see out the windows in the gym. He said no, not unless you were as tall as him (6') and he said at that you cannot see out to the ground (parking lot)
He did mention there are bleachers and perhaps you could see out windows from them..
I do not personally know if bleachers were pulled out that day (6/4)

Took pictures of exits, looking in windows, parking lot.. etc..
Other albums in photobucket have other views of school and gym.

Hope these help.

http://s160.photobucket.com/albums/t166/ubrmel/7 15 2010 school/

Oh yeah, 2 unmarked LE cars cruised by, then drove into the parking lot, and parked in back of the school under covered play structure.. They NEVER got out and went in school, I'm assuming they were just taking a break out of the sun, as they were both in their cars.

Saw a news crew while I was there..they mentioned they had seen the unmarked gray cars cruising around the area earlier also..

Curtains were closed.

Found a cleaning crew in one of the classrooms on west side of school w/door open to classroom, asked if I could come in, was told no =)

Asked cleaning crew dude about the gym and if you can see out the windows in the gym. He said no, not unless you were as tall as him (6') and he said at that you cannot see out to the ground (parking lot)
He did mention there are bleachers and perhaps you could see out windows from them..

Hope these help.

Oh yeah, 2 unmarked LE cars cruised by, then drove into the parking lot, and parked in back of the school under covered play structure.. They NEVER got out and went in school, I'm assuming they were just taking a break out of the sun, as they were both in their cars.

Saw a news crew while I was there..they mentioned they had seen the unmarked gray cars cruising around the area earlier also..

Thanks freefalzzzz!

Am I looking right, in concluding that the gym is mostly underground in the basement floor? Thanks! :)

Thanks freefalzzzz!

Am I looking right, in concluding that the gym is mostly underground in the basement floor? Thanks! :)

When I looked at the "basement" windows on each side of the gym, it looked like rooms of some sort in each window..

The gym has the high windows that you cannot see the ground out of, on the upper floor.
I could not see in, and was not able to go in, so I can only go by what the cleaning dude told me=)

Curtains were closed.

Hope these help.

Great pics, Thank You!

Actually, those narrow stairs are at the very back of the grounds, leading from the back playground to the main level where there is another set of stairs leading to the playground. Here is a picture of the stairs just outside the exit nearest Kyron's classroom:
http://i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy81/gwenabob/Skyline School/SkylineSchool022.jpg

Gwenabob, thanks for the pics. Was wondering if you went inside the gym? Would like to know if there is a raised stage or a space under the stage? TIA

Curtains were closed.

Hope these help.

freefallzzzz your are AWESOME!!!! That answers a couple of questions that I, as well as others, had regarding the view from inside. Thanks for your continued hard work!!!!

Curtains were closed.

Hope these help.

Good job!

Well that answers the question about whether that student saw the truck at the same time he saw Kyron in the gym with his friends.

PPS page for Skyline.

http://www.pps.k12.or.us/schools-c/profiles/?id=186

Demographics, etc.

http://www.pps.k12.or.us/schools-c/profiles/enrollment/enroll_out.php?rpt=444

Of interest to me:

Skyline is a candidate school for the IB PYP and MYP Programmes. 29.6% (87 of 294) of Skyline's student body is made up of transfers.

Couple of qustions, I hope I'm not bothering anyone...(1) Is this a private school? (2) Elementary schools in Oregon go up to the 8th grade? (3) what does IB,PYP and MYP Programmes mean ? (4) What might be an average age of a 8th grader...Thank you !

Couple of qustions, I hope I'm not bothering anyone...(1) Is this a private school? (2) Elementary schools in Oregon go up to the 8th grade? (3) what does IB,PYP and MYP Programmes mean ? (4) What might be an average age of a 8th grader...Thank you !

(1) Skyline is a public school.

(4) Most 8th graders are 13 at the beginning of the school year.

Gwenabob, thanks for the pics. Was wondering if you went inside the gym? Would like to know if there is a raised stage or a space under the stage? TIA

I did not go inside the school. But I have seen a video that was posted on one of the news channels early in the investigation of Kyron on a stage singing with a large group of kids a song about bridges. I am taking an educated guess that it was in the gym/cafeteria, and yes, it was a raised stage, and usually those raised stages have storage for chairs underneath. I would also assume that area was checked thoroughly. But hey, stranger things have happened. And continue to happen in this case!

(1) Public
(2) K-8, it's elementary plus middle school
(3) International Baccalaureate (an educational program/curriculum), Primary Years Program, Middle Years Program (subsets of the IB curriculum for elementary and middle schools, respectively)
(4) 13

(1) Public
(2) K-8, it's elementary plus middle school
(3) International Baccalaureate (an educational program/curriculum), Primary Years Program, Middle Years Program (subsets of the IB curriculum for elementary and middle schools, respectively)
(4) 13

thank you SO much for that info. So would I be wrong to say this school is for gifted children ?? I was a little baffled if you will about it being called an Elementary school. Back when I was in school it was elementary, junior high then high school..now that was a LONGGGGG time ago. Today, with attendence so high where I live K-3rd, may go somewhere, 4th-5th may
go somewhere, 6th-8th may go somewhere and 9th thu 12th may go somewhere.

thank you SO much for that info. So would I be wrong to say this school is for gifted children ?? I was a little baffled if you will about it being called an Elementary school. Back when I was in school it was elementary, junior high then high school..now that was a LONGGGGG time ago. Today, with attendence so high where I live K-3rd, may go somewhere, 4th-5th may
go somewhere, 6th-8th may go somewhere and 9th thu 12th may go somewhere.

I don't believe it's a school for gifted children, per se, but the IB program is an excellent one. Skyline is a candidate for IB, so they are in the process of aligning themselves with the IB curriculum and teaching style, as I understand it. At some point they will then be examined by the IB officials and hopefully be awarded full status. My children's school, which is private, is an IB school and recently achieved full-fledged IB status. IMO the IB program would work very well for children of all levels of giftedness and/or developmental ability. We have been very happy with the program. I imagine an IB school would attract a lot of students from outside its normal boundaries, since most of our public schools are not IB.

I'm not sure why it's "Skyline Elementary" except that it might be a relic if it used to be strictly K-5 or K-6. I don't know the history of the school. That confused me at first as well! Within Portland, public schools seem to be typically K-5, 6-8, K-8 or 9-12. And there are some private schools here that are PK-12.

The old Skyline site is no longer viewable. FYI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member