Does this Motion Make Sense?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what I don't get about the motion. As you said, it doesn't make sense. He cites a bunch of legal cases about LE listening in to attorney-client phone calls and videotaping their meetings.

We all know about the release of the infamous video. Wasn't there also discussion of a copy of a surveilance video (without sound) of the meeting between Baez and Casey that day where (supposedly) Baez is all upset and Casey seems angry at him?

I read the entire motion and it only barely mentions the clinic video at all.

I'd bet we're going to hear a lot of babble about violations of the darlin' prisoner's rights!

I just hope the SA can hold his temper in!
All I keep thinking after reading your post is..."He actually cited legal cases?" Well, if that's the case, it's about time!!

No way is this going to fly. Attorney communications are priviledged. In that regards he is correct. But there is no expectation of privacy in regards to monitoring the visits from a visual standpoint. Audio is priviledged but having the visits monitored are for his saftey. There is no way the judge is going to make the jail circumvent normal jail protocol for this "special" inmate. Pigs will fly before it happens.

No way is this going to fly. Attorney communications are priviledged. In that regards he is correct. But there is no expectation of privacy in regards to monitoring the visits from a visual standpoint. Audio is priviledged but having the visits monitored are for his saftey. There is no way the judge is going to make the jail circumvent normal jail protocol for this "special" inmate. Pigs will fly before it happens.
Jail cameras also protect the County from unfair claims and liability exposure. The cameras are for protection, of course, of inmates, visitors (including attorneys) and jail staff. The cameras also keep a record of what really happened. The people who are arrested and jailed are a population group who often have multiple social problems, truth problems and economic problems. Those things often, but not always, go together.

Hasn't Baez twice been serriously admonished for violating jail security and contact protocols? There is no way that the jail will ever consider not monitoring his contacts with an inmate. The policy is there principaly to insure among other things the safety of every lawyer that comes into the facility, his own stupid butt included.

IMO if there is nothing wrong going on during visits, there is no reason to become paranoid about it. From past complaints , it seems some possible hanky panky has occured in the past resulting in the actions taken . "What a tangled web we weave when at first we do deceive.... "

He sure does protest alot for an innocent client....sick of it...
Make a plea bargain and let everyone get on with their lives...

Has anyone read the 15 page motion?

Interesting reading.

ETA :The 2nd & 3rd page are out of order.

Okay you know what? This is not the same motion that this thread is about .

I was commenting on this linked motion but this is not the topic of the thread, so my comments are out of place. I removed our comments so as not to confuse the whole place.

OK---so the video of KC seeing the finding of Caylee--we probably won't see. But what I don't understand is why is JB still filing motions? At this place in time, the man is a gofer--go fer this and go fer that. He is NOT qualified to handle a DP trial so why does he still have his nose shoved up in it?

yes, definitely different motion. Sorry for putting it in here, maybe it needs a thread of its own.

Good gracious, more smoke and mirror double talk/writings.

Remember when CA complained about being recorded during her interview with LE/FBI.

Same song, different tune. I really don't need to see the tape of Dec 11 to validate what KC did. I believe the corrections officers true version. And if didn't happen, then JB wouldn't be complaining so louding. So he knows it happened, HE IS VALIDATING the incident :doh:. If he would have just kept his fingers off the keyboard and kept quiet ....... :computer:.

Maybe there are going to be certain expert witnesses (psychologists/psychiatrists, perhaps?) who will be meeting with Casey and Baez wants to try to keep that under wraps as much as possible.

Or maybe he's just grasping at straws and trying to use the likely denial of this motion as an example on appeal of how his client was denied the right to a fair trial. I really feel they are looking as much toward setting up post-conviction appellate issues as they are toward the trial itself.

So tired of him and his motions! He cries 'foul' on everything. Im no expert but could all his fussing by seen as laying groundwork for the inevitable appeal???

"waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa"

Someone please pass Baez the cheese to go with his whine ..
Friggin baby .. :rolleyes:

ETA: NOT that he needs the extra calories but it would keep his mouth shut, for a change .. :D

Maybe there are going to be certain expert witnesses (psychologists/psychiatrists, perhaps?) who will be meeting with Casey and Baez wants to try to keep that under wraps as much as possible.

Or maybe he's just grasping at straws and trying to use the likely denial of this motion as an example on appeal of how his client was denied the right to a fair trial. I really feel they are looking as much toward setting up post-conviction appellate issues as they are toward the trial itself.

I don't know what all the bolded part means but sounds serous.

"waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa"

Someone please pass Baez the cheese to go with his whine ..
Friggin baby .. :rolleyes:

ETA: NOT that he needs the extra calories but it would keep his mouth shut, for a change .. :D

Love it Marla.....roflao:blowkiss:

To me, he is filing this motion to smear the staff at the jail. If it will be interesting to see if he can prove they are actively monitoring attorney/client meetings.

I don't think he's trying to smear the staff at the jail. This motion is a direct shot to the sheriff's dept., the police and the state's attorney's office.

Whoa, if we think Baez has been boo hooing before in court, today will be his version of an "ugly cry" for KC. Oh, poor KC's rights were violated, they were SO cruel to her, poor KC, everyone is spying on us, poor KC, will never get a fair trial in the whole world, poor KC, boo freaking hoo.

The entire day will be Baez going after the State for releasing the video AFTER the judge ordered it not to be released and KC being treated so cruel. If you ever thought it was Baez whining before, this time, we won't be able to stand it. LOL!

Is it possible that JB is still filing motions to stay in the courtroom and in the public eye? Therefore getting his free publicity? He's about to be brushed aside when the new DP gets started right?? JMO

Baez Request to seal video of Casey Anthony's reaction filed late May 27, 2009

Baez wrote that the scene was set up by investigators to capture Casey's reaction on tape.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...asey-anthony-seal-tape-052709,0,6114457.story

I wonder why he waited until now to file this motion? The original hearing for the release of the video was on May 7th and was continued. He is making some pretty big accusations that the video was a set up. There are cameras all over the jail and all inmates are recorded for the safety of the staff as well as the inmates (Casey is not special), so I don't see how Baez can prove it was a set up and if he does "IMO" it would be because he paid someone off to say that. I could see him wanting to block a video of Casey in the infirmary, but if it was recorded outside of the infirmary, then how could that violate her rights? And even then, I feel anyone that is indited for murder should not have any rights until they establish their innocence and if guilty then all rights should be taken away. What rights do the victims have? But that is JMO.

Does this mean that today's hearing will be rescheduled as well due to him filing this late motion and the new attorney on board? Could the State come back after Baez for slander? This is some pretty big accusations for an attorney to be making if false. So many questions. I just can't wait for this case to go to trial and pray the justice will be served.:behindbar

So tired of him and his motions! He cries 'foul' on everything. Im no expert but could all his fussing by seen as laying groundwork for the inevitable appeal???

Most definately, I think he is anticipating appeal, I am sure just about all people convicted of murder at least attempt an appeal.....What I find dispicable (among other things), is that he probably will dump her and head for the hills with his newly gained publicity right after the initial sentencing-Didn't he do this to his last client, left him after the first trial and let the guy take a public defender for the appeal?
These people are unreal, he and KC.....So, they are claiming she has a right to privacy, and at the same time she has been allowed to have internet access via JB while she is in jail. If God forbid I or a member of my family were incarcerated there and we were not able to communicate via internet, but she is, and she has the nerve to demand privacy (other than obvious atty/client privaleges), I would feel it was very unfair.

Most definately, I think he is anticipating appeal, I am sure just about all people convicted of murder at least attempt an appeal.....What I find dispicable (among other things), is that he probably will dump her and head for the hills with his newly gained publicity right after the initial sentencing-Didn't he do this to his last client, left him after the first trial and let the guy take a public defender for the appeal?
These people are unreal, he and KC.....So, they are claiming she has a right to privacy, and at the same time she has been allowed to have internet access via JB while she is in jail. If God forbid I or a member of my family were incarcerated there and we were not able to communicate via internet, but she is, and she has the nerve to demand privacy (other than obvious atty/client privaleges), I would feel it was very unfair.

They seem to be anticipating an appeal. An appeal on a DP case is an automatic thing. I've worked for several attorneys and IIRC the appellate lawyer must be different from your trial defense attorney. I could be wrong on that because it's been a long time and I think I'm getting a case of half-heimers. lol! Since they are working so hard on anticipating an appeal does that mean they are also anticipating losing this trial though?

Oh and yes, JB headed for the hills quickly on his last DP client. IIRC he missed the sentencing because he had just picked up KC's case and he needed to be with her on something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro