Does TH's FB give us any clues?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
FWIW, you can only (linkably) tag your friends on Facebook... but your friends can tag their friends. So if they had a mutual friend, that friend could have tagged it.

But it sounds like they were friends, it's just too private to see now.

You raise a good point - other people could have tagged the photo. Kaine could have tagged the photo, even. The friends don't have to be mutual, I don't think.

I just cannot speculate that there is any 'normal' reason that someone would be posting anything but INFO to find their child in that situation. For me this is a moot point. She posted that b/c she was not having a normal reaction to her stepson missing. I venture to say that a parent who is bonded to a child would probably not want to leave home either, unless they were searching ... and in that case would want someone else to be at home, just in case he magically appeared (and I do believe magical thinking would be paramount in those early days).

However, I will defer to WS'ers who've had similar traumatic experiences. My opinion is it's just not normal, no matter how addicted to working out she is.

I did notice she had several hundred FB friends, I think, and much activity, so she used FB a lot and she used it a lot before she posted the "hitting the gym" comment, which was maybe on Monday? Or thereabouts? The "hitting the gym" struck me as very casual, something I might say to my friend (if I ever went to a gym) tomorrow, for example, on a normal day. I think that is what has so many people stunned, that she could write, or even think, anything remotely like her everyday life at this time.

I am NOT comparing the losses, but when my dear kitty passed away two years ago, I stayed away from work for two days as I knew I would cry and did not want to make a spectacle of myself. I am pretty much on the internet all the time and the only time I was that week was in trying to find the nicest place to take care of his body, etc...we all project our own personal experiences in cases like this, as there is little else we can do but compare to our own lives. And that is where we are finding the oddities.

I don't think the facebook thing shows guilt... some people use FB to "talk out loud" I have an enormous amount of "I think I shall eat a sandwich today" or "I just crapped out a turd that looked like Virgin Mary" and all kinds of other "updates" and such..

While I will agree with the majority and say that if it were MY child missing, I wouldn't even have the strength to go online, let alone FB or to the gym... but if it were my step child, or niece/nephew.. I wouldn't quite be as upset.. regardless of whether or not I raised them from birth. Don't get me wrong.. I'd be upset... but I wouldn't feel as if a piece of me were missing.. like I would if it were my own flesh and blood. There's a little less attachment imo.
Not only that, she may have posted about hitting the gym to let friends and family know where she'd be.. if they needed to contact her for anything.. or if maybe they wanted to join her there to offer some support maybe?
I don't know.. I think some people just read into things too much. When you look hard enough... you'll see kitties... IF that's what you're looking for.

So does that mean adoptive parents should have less attachment?
People make remarks to me on that line all the time.

Are you as attached to your adoptive children as your biological children? My answer? YES 100% they are ALLL my children and I LOVE THEM ALL equally. Could not imagine my life with out ANY of them. A Piece of me WOULD be missing if any of them was missing.

But in the end some people would feel that way I guess I just can't imagine that

I did notice she had several hundred FB friends, I think, and much activity, so she used FB a lot and she used it a lot before she posted the "hitting the gym" comment, which was maybe on Monday? Or thereabouts? The "hitting the gym" struck me as very casual, something I might say to my friend (if I ever went to a gym) tomorrow, for example, on a normal day. I think that is what has so many people stunned, that she could write, or even think, anything remotely like her everyday life at this time.

I am NOT comparing the losses, but when my dear kitty passed away two years ago, I stayed away from work for two days as I knew I would cry and did not want to make a spectacle of myself. I am pretty much on the internet all the time and the only time I was that week was in trying to find the nicest place to take care of his body, etc...we all project our own personal experiences in cases like this, as there is little else we can do but compare to our own lives. And that is where we are finding the oddities.

i can SO totally relate to what you are saying

TH did mention many times up to 2 days after K went missing that there were flyers to be distributed and where/how to do that. It's not like she just sat there and never said anything about it and then just said "well Im going the gym now, bye!" I cant link it and I only looked at her FB in the first couple of days. Just to put that out there. There are some posts that have the tone that would make you believe she was completely oblivious and not talking about him at all. That's not the case...

TH did mention many times up to 2 days after K went missing that there were flyers to be distributed and where/how to do that. It's not like she just sat there and never said anything about it and then just said "well Im going the gym now, bye!" I cant link it and I only looked at her FB in the first couple of days. Just to put that out there. There are some posts that have the tone that would make you believe she was completely oblivious and not talking about him at all. That's not the case...

Yes in reply to the numerous posts from people asking what they can do to help, etc.

We're going to open up discussion on TH's Facebook. Her FB is private and WS rules are that when a social network page is private - IT IS PRIVATE.

What we can do now is discuss TH's Facebook if it is mentioned in the main stream media. Here's a list of sources you may draw from using links:

Main stream media, including Willamette Week

Television

The Levi Page Show

If you know of another source to be considered, contact us privately and we'll look into it for you.

Remember, TH is not a POI and LE has asked us to be kind when posting on the internet. We can discuss suspicious behavior, but we can't bash or accuse anyone of a crime, or anything along that line. No matter what you believe, think of TH as innocent as you post peculiar behavior.

Bump.....

I think it's odd that a person would leave a pic up of the remaining child after an abductor took the other child.

I did notice she had several hundred FB friends, I think, and much activity, so she used FB a lot and she used it a lot before she posted the "hitting the gym" comment, which was maybe on Monday? ~snip
A lot of people requested to be her friend because Kyron went missing though. Of course I don't know how many. :cow:

This would require a connection that doesn't exist. There is no connection between these two on FB.

DY was on TH's friends list.

(I looked through her friend's list when her FB was not set to private.):blushing:

Aren't we stepping outside the parameters set for this thread?

We're going to open up discussion on TH's Facebook. Her FB is private and WS rules are that when a social network page is private - IT IS PRIVATE.

What we can do now is discuss TH's Facebook if it is mentioned in the main stream media. Here's a list of sources you may draw from using links:

Main stream media, including Willamette Week

Television

The Levi Page Show

If you know of another source to be considered, contact us privately and we'll look into it for you.

Remember, TH is not a POI and LE has asked us to be kind when posting on the internet. We can discuss suspicious behavior, but we can't bash or accuse anyone of a crime, or anything along that line. No matter what you believe, think of TH as innocent as you post peculiar behavior.

Sorry, that was me. Wasn't meaning to step outside the parameters but I did and I'm sorry...just trying to find an answer to exactly when the Gym comment was made by Terri...

We may loosen this up a little if there are new avenues to include. If you have something you would like considered feel free to PM a mod. :)

Respectfully, what are the parameters? TH's FB is private so everything else that all of the MSM is reporting is all innuendo and speculation anyway.They/we cant link to a privatized FB site. You can't post screen shots per TOS. We are all kind of shooting in the dark here...
What clues can be found from TH's FB? None, because you cant see it....

I think it's odd that a person would leave a pic up of the remaining child after an abductor took the other child.

My first reaction when I saw her daughter as her FB avatar was: Wow, HIDE your baby!!! Someone might be watching her too! But it just stayed and stayed.....

The thing about "hitting the gym" that kinda makes me wonder, well two things mostly. One is that if she is a serious body builder (and I believe she is) and she has a family I would think that she could do some lifting and other things at home. It is readily available, don't need a sitter to do it so on and so forth. I understand wanting to do something (emotional energy and all that jazz) but the depression, worry and concern as well as overwhelming saddness that one must feel knowing that their child is missing could most likely drain your energy. Understandably every one is different in how they handle things but the stages of grief are universally excepted. How could one not grieve, their lives have changed and fear is probally setting over coming in the lives of those who miss him most.

Kyron being missing is a huge loss, his family/friends/classmates/teachers/neighbors and yes even to us, those whose lives have been touched even though we have never touched him. We feel him. I have lost energy, had sleeplness nights from worry and fear for Kyron~ although I have never held his hand or spoke to him. Normal isn't available readily for people who have lost a child through death, missing loved ones..normal is what used to be...not what is. IMOO

ETA: I am not suggesting that I know she isn't grieving, i would like to make that clear. I am saying that I feel differently is all.

All the info we have, though, is about her intention: hit the gym. We don't have any information about what she did at the gym, what she was hoping to get from it, whether she's been there more than once since Kyron disappeared, etc.

When she got to the gym, did she actually work out? Or did she drop off some flyers and talk to people who wanted to support her? Or did she set up at a machine and burst into tears? Did she drag herself through a workout just to say she did it?

And do we know if she went more than once? Did she go once and get no stress relief at all, so she hasn't tried again?

You speak of the stages of grieving. I believe one of those stages is denial. I could certainly see her being in denial, thinking semi-consciously "if I do my usual routine, then this nightmare will be over" because I tend to do that myself when stressed out.

There is so much that is frustrating about this case, not least of all is that the facts we're given all seem to be missing context. That makes it nearly impossible to see how they fit into a larger picture, in my opinion.

My first reaction when I saw her daughter as her FB avatar was: Wow, HIDE your baby!!! Someone might be watching her too! But it just stayed and stayed.....
To be fair, maybe she just wasn't thinking along those lines. When something dramatically tragic has occured your brain may be on automatic. I know mine was when my husband was killed, I was in a fog. Also I have 5 grandchildren now ages almost 3 to 11. The first 4 were boys. I finally have my little princess. I have taken alot more pictures of her and they are my background pics on my computer and cell phone, etc. but that does NOT mean I love my grandsons any less than I love her!

Sorry Tricia, but her bod doesn't look that buff to me...Perhaps it did at one time, but not now... Just wondering though IF plans to get back to how she once looked somehow involves steroid use...JMO

I've seen pictures linked on WebSleuths from her bodybuilding competition days. She was definitely buff then.

I haven't seen any pictures of her recently wearing a bikini and pumped up. Just a T-shirt and jeans. And from looking at her pics from the competition, I imagine she looked pretty schlumpy in a T-shirt and jeans back then.

Bodybuilders develop those thighs and you can see how huge her thigh muscles were. But if you put her into a pair of jeans, I think they'd look like she had a massive case of saddlebags and thunder thighs. Muscle vs fat is pretty hard to detect under a pair of jeans.

Likewise her upper body--in a bikini, you can see the massive musculature but in a Tshirt? I think she'd look like she had fat arms.

Back in the competition photo, she looked like she had a wasp waist because of her massive upper body and lower body musculature. In her recent photos, the T-shirt hides whether she has a waist or not.

So I'm on the fence as to whether she is buff now or not. Unless someone can link recent pics of her wearing something more revealing than a T-shirt and jeans, I think it would be difficult to tell.

Seriously ?

Another entry in my "if I am ever a suspect" file. I believe I own all the Ngaio Marsh mysteries. All of Dorothy Sayers, too. Several Agatha Christie, too.

If I ever plan to commit a crime set in 1930s England, I am well educated for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m_ks