Dominican Republic - Tammy Lawrence-Daley, 51, from Delaware, beaten at resort, Punta Cana, May 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

dotr

Reaction score
Delaware mother beaten and left for dead during Punta Cana vacation warns her attacker is ‘still out there’ and ‘waiting for his next victim’
3CRX25ODSFBOZJ6EVUIWOIDSKM.jpg

Delaware woman beaten, left for dead at Dominican resort
"Lawrence-Daley, 51, explained how what was meant to be a fun vacation in Punta Cana with her husband and their two best friends quickly turned into a nightmare.

After a night of beach activities and dancing, she called the reception from her hotel room in hopes of getting some food. Since no one answered, she went downstairs to look for the snack bar. The hallways were empty and quiet, and as she was walking back to her suite, she heard heavy footsteps: “One, two, three, four, then they sped up, and then before I could react I was plowed into from behind and immediately immobilized. His arms wrapped around me and he started pulling me immediately into an unlocked maintenance room.”

"The attacker — who was wearing a hotel uniform — strangled her multiple times, kicked her in the head, dragged her down concrete stairs, and beat her with a club. Once he believed her dead, he threw her in an underground wastewater area.

“I’m not going to go into the gory details of everything, however, please know that I fought with everything I had at that moment. He was too strong,” she recalled.

Due to the severity of the beating, Lawrence-Daley went in and out of consciousness several times. She doesn’t know if she was sexually assaulted, but she assumes the worst. After eight hours of “pain and fear,” she woke up in the dirty puddle of water to the voices of her loved ones looking for her.

When her husband and friends finally found her, they rushed her to the emergency room, where she stayed for five days and underwent surgery for her injuries."

"Despite the fact that police found evidence of the man’s blood-stained hands on a mop handle in the resort basement, and his uniform hat, they did not investigate or press any charges, and the resort did not take any responsibility.

“This man thought he killed me, but he failed. He is still out there, a predator, waiting for his next victim. Only the next woman may not be so fortunate,” wrote Lawrence-Daley. “These attacks are happening too frequently and the criminals are NOT being prosecuted even though evidence is found. Victims are not being compensated for medical or pain and suffering, and the resorts are not held liable.”

Majestic Elegance, the resort she was staying in, didn’t offer to reimburse her vacation or pay her medical bills. Instead, they buried the story."

Last edited:
huh. this surely does remind me of those other 2 american tourists that went missing in the dominican republic just a month ago. i am still side-eyeing the "car accident" claim on that one. i feel 99 percent confident that the man who attacked this woman is a serial killer, too. sounds like he meant to kill her and thought he had. i wonder how many more there are? how horrific.

rbbm. Also posted on this thread..
Found Deceased - Dominican Republic - Orlando Moore & Portia Ravenelle, from NY on vacation, April 2019

Tammy Lawrence-Daley: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com
"In April 2019, NBC New York reported that two representatives of the state were asking the FBI to conduct a full investigation into the deaths of U.S. citizens Orlando Moore and Portia Ravanelle in the Dominican Republic. The couple died after their car plunged into the ocean on the island. The victims’ families believe that there are too many unanswered questions regarding the deaths and are calling for a more thorough U.S.-led investigation. In February 2019, one month after Lawrence-Daley’s attack, the United Kingdom’s Foreign Office issued a warning to UK citizens who were traveling to the Dominican Republic due to higher levels of crime being reported."

Why is he not being prosecuted?
Apparently the victim could not identify the alleged perp, just his hotel uniform, imo, speculation. rbbm.
A woman says she was brutally attacked and left for dead at a Dominican Republic resort
"Tammy Lawrence-Daley, 51, of Wilmington, Delaware, said in a Facebook post that she was beaten unconscious during an eight-hour attack at a Dominican Republic resort in January.
  • She said she was attacked while she was vacationing with her husband and friends at the all-inclusive Majestic Elegance resort in Punta Cana.
  • She said a man in a uniform featuring the resort logo attacked her while she was looking for a snack around 10:30 p.m.
  • She said she spent five days in the hospital and now wants to warn others about what happened."
"I was strangled multiple times to unconsciousness," she said in the post. "My lifeless body was drug down concrete stairs to an underground waste water area. I was kicked in the head, I was beaten with a club. And then strangled again for the kill."
"The security at Majestic Elegance thought I was drunk somewhere. I went missing at 10:30 and was found over 8 hrs later. It was hell."

She said that she spent five days in a hospital recovering from the attack and that she's still dealing with nerve damage and medical expenses.

She said Majestic Elegance "claims no responsibility for the attack" because she couldn't identify her attacker."

I would NEVER go there. Isn't this where that guy came in the family's hotel room pretending to fix something and almost killed the father? Now they want him ( the father) to stand trial there. Unbelievable terrible. I think it was here or another one of those islands.

Thank goodness she survived and was found. Her vacation group looked for her 3 times at the front desk. It is odd that there is no cameras....

"My husband and friends went to the front desk at least 3 times throughout the night before security even agreed to look for me," she said in the Facebook post. "This consisted of them taking a quad to the beach and looking on the beach. The security at Majestic Elegance thought I was drunk somewhere. I went missing at 10:30 and was found over 8 hrs later. It was hell." from the article above.

People on vacation can be way more vulnerable regardless of where they are on vacation. Vacationeers let their guard down in hotels-- often drinking to excess, lulled into a false sense of security because it seems like there are employees and security everywhere, and, depending on the country/area, not having a sense of the local culture. It can happen when traveling in the US as well as abroad.

People who leave the country for vacation do so at their own peril. United States citizens are not well liked in the world. I think that there is a huge problem with serious poverty in the world, and "rich" tourists get the brunt of anger.

i don't know what's going on in DR, but it all sounds suspicious af. can any of our map experts place these hotels on a map to see how close together they are?

Bodies of engaged US couple are found in Dominican Republic hotel room with 'no signs of violence' | Daily Mail Online
Just a thought/ speculation, regarding the heart medication, imo.....
If there was something nefarious about the sudden deaths of this happy newly-wed couple, what comes to mind is how expensive heart medication can be, and how it might be tempting for someone to steal those drugs and replace them with something else.
Speculation, imo. rbbm.
From link..
"A Maryland couple has been found dead in the Dominican Republic with several bottles of heart medication nearby, the U.S. State Department said.

Cynthia Day, 49, and Nathaniel Holmes, 63, checked in to the Bahía Príncipe Playa Nueva Romana on May 25 and were due to depart Thursday, the same day their bodies were discovered in a room reportedly with 'no signs of violence'.

A hotel worker found them but it was not reported whether the bottles were empty."

Husband of Woman Beaten on Vacation Says Police Are Lying
"May 31, 2019
Christopher Daley says he wants to know more than anyone who brutally attacked his wife while the couple vacationed in the Dominican Republic in January.

"We were supposed to get a police report in February and we didn't get that," the Wilmington, Delaware, man said Friday in a phone interview with NBC10.

He is now accusing authorities in the Caribbean nation of lying about their investigation after they accused him on Friday of providing "incongruent" statements shortly after the attack at an all-inclusive resort.

Daley and his wife, Tammy Lawrence-Daley, have had a tough time recovering psychologically from the attack as well, he told NBC10. They remain in therapy."

"The attack on Lawrence-Daley is just one in a recent spate of attacks on U.S. tourists in the Dominican Republic.

On Thursday, a Maryland couple was found dead in their room at the Bahia Principe hotel at the resort Playa Nueva Romana. Months earlier, a couple from New York vanished while on vacation in the island nation; they, too, were later found dead.

The U.S. State Department in April raised the threat level for the Dominican Republic and warned American travelers to "exercise increased caution." "Violent crime, including armed robbery, homicide and sexual assault is a concern throughout the Dominican Republic," the State Department said."

People who leave the country for vacation do so at their own peril. United States citizens are not well liked in the world. I think that there is a huge problem with serious poverty in the world, and "rich" tourists get the brunt of anger.
Yes, that is true. However, it's those "rich" tourists that bring money and subsequently jobs to touristy areas.

This. If the authorities do nothing as well as the resorts don't even acknowledge these horrific incidents then they need to be noted on boards such as Tripadvisor, Yelp and even Twitter.

Trip Advisor has resorts, hotels, etc pay to be on there. If they pay, they are moved to the top if there is a search. I don’t know what else they get for their fee.

My friend has a business and he used to pay Trip Advisor. He quit paying.

I have another friend who has a business. A bank credit card company ( foreign) was overcharging. It happened to me at his place. There was an article in the paper that I copied and sent to Trip Advisor to show that it was not my friend overcharging but the credit card company.

Trip Advisor never changed the incorrect info so they are not adverse to printing bad info,

I know there was a bad incident at a resort and a friend wrote about it on Trip Advisor. It was removed.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Binx005
Back