Donna Brock

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Entrapment? Hardly. Entrapment means LE has caused someone to commit a crime in order to catch them. Misty talking to Donna would never have been a crime. Admitting to a crime is also not a crime.

If law enforcement were using Donna as an undercover agent, the rules of entrapment would apply. ie, the road rage incident, trying to get Misty to show her "volitile temper" and in the process her being arrested for road rage. They also would not have been able to use her "info." as it would have been obtained illegally. And BTW, I have a degree in criminal justice, and work for a college in the Emergency servives and BLET division, I realize what these terms mean. Thanks anyway.

bbm

Or could indicate that LE is desperate, which is very worrisome. I sure hope that's not the case! I find it hard to believe that LE would engineer this scheme. I could maybe see LE being aware that a civillian was befriending Misty in the hopes of gaining some insights and not stopping it as long as it didn't interfere with their investigation. Of course, it blew up and probably did interfere, which is why LE generally wouldn't approve of something like this.

I can assure you LE is not DESPERATE. I still search on my own and speak with LE whenever I am there, despite TES, and I can honestly say I do not believe they are desperate. However, they do not share with me this is just my opinion.

Entrapment? Hardly. Entrapment means LE has caused someone to commit a crime in order to catch them. Misty talking to Donna would never have been a crime. Admitting to a crime is also not a crime.

well, they almost went to jail. they were put on the ground and handcuffed. Literally. Though I know that's not what you were referring too, but I can't help but think of that, as it did occur as Misty hung around Donna. Not a good thing at all. Geez. What worse could of happened?

Like I've said, and I want to get to Dee's post, she's a great poster, I get the point of someone bonding with Misty, and seeing if any information would flow. I have no problem with that. But it's the betrayal, of a young needy female. It bothers me. Then the road rage.

If Misty has something relevant to this case, I think setting Misty up to see a better way, supporting her, meeting her needs physically and emotionally would get us much further than betrayal. That's all I'm really saying. I dont think Donna is a mean hard person.

But when you add all those in authority, making moves and waves in this case, it becomes detrimental. People need to quit interjecting themselves, and allow LE to do their jobs, and let things happen naturally. I believe the right perp will eventually be found out.

What if, if, Misty is innocent, what does those have to say for that? In her defense of what's happened to her?

If law enforcement were using Donna as an undercover agent, the rules of entrapment would apply. ie, the road rage incident, trying to get Misty to show her "volitile temper" and in the process her being arrested for road rage. They also would not have been able to use her "info." as it would have been obtained illegally. And BTW, I have a degree in criminal justice, and work for a college in the Emergency servives and BLET division, I realize what these terms mean. Thanks anyway.

So then you're saying that the other driver was in on it? I have several degrees, also, but it doesn't remove the legal aspect that entrapment means that Misty would have been coerced to commit a crime, and there was never any indication that coercing Misty into committing a crime was Donna's goal.

I can't believe I'm saying this, just dawned on me, hehehe since Donna didn't "Talk" on this show, that's what the thread is about. Another thread should bite the dust, be locked. What say you? LOL

So then you're saying that the other driver was in on it? I have several degrees, also, but it doesn't remove the legal aspect that entrapment means that Misty would have been coerced to commit a crime, and there was never any indication that coercing Misty into committing a crime was Donna's goal.
BBM
How do you know that? I fully believe Donna was trying to get Misty to show the "volatile" temper that TM spoke of. Cool, I didn't realize you have a criminal justice background, that's great! It's part of what keeps me on the innocent until PROVEN guilty side of judgement.

BBM
How do you know that? I fully believe Donna was trying to get Misty to show the "volatile" temper that TM spoke of. Cool, I didn't realize you have a criminal justice background, that's great! It's part of what keeps me on the innocent until PROVEN guilty side of judgement.

except you're convicting Donna of something here that has not been proven. It is well documented that neither Misty nor Donna were arrested for their behavior on the freeway. I'm not sure what crime has been committed and where entrapment can be applied to anyone's actions.

It just amazes me that from the beginning of this case....poor Haleigh.

No, I am not thankful perhaps something was revealed.

If this was planned with LE, DB and TM, what a joke! The road rage incident shows the character of this person who supposedly was working undercover with LE. If she is/was indeed working with LE she has NO business going on any interviews revealing anything to anyone else except LE. Booking interviews in itself makes me think LE had no idea of this stunt.

How many undercover agents do you see in the MEDIA during an active sting? I am not saying her heart was not in the right place, but if this was indeed sanctioned by LE, I would be amazed. For one, I would be angry because it would show the LACK of professionalism by all involved.

Poor Haleigh......

Chesterp: I listened to Levi's show last night and was much more enlightened by some of the details that came out. Steph Watts said he was there with TM and RC when the gun incident happened. The DB and Misty decision to get away for a while was to get away from RC after making the comment about using the gun on Misty if he found out she had anything to do with Haleigh's disappearance. TM was concerned for her safety and DB offered to take her. That was it. Had nothing to do with LE other than informing them approx. where they would be. Puts a whole new light on things if you listened to him explain it. There was no interjecting themselves into the investigation, no "undercover" plan whatsoever. I believe Steph Watts and as you know, I'm a pretty good judge of character.......LOL

except you're convicting Donna of something here that has not been proven. It is well documented that neither Misty nor Donna were arrested for their behavior on the freeway. I'm not sure what crime has been committed and where entrapment can be applied to anyone's actions.

No, no, I said I BELIEVE she was doing that, it's my opinion, you can not be convicted on beliefs.

I can't believe I'm saying this, just dawned on me, hehehe since Donna didn't "Talk" on this show, that's what the thread is about. Another thread should bite the dust, be locked. What say you? LOL

Just change the name of the thread. There was a lot of good info that came out of the show even without DB.

No, no, I said I BELIEVE she was doing that, it's my opinion, you can not be convicted on beliefs.

But just because you BELIEVE that doesn't make it any more true. There was no coersion, no crime, no arrest......entrapment does not apply.

Chesterp: I listened to Levi's show last night and was much more enlightened by some of the details that came out. Steph Watts said he was there with TM and RC when the gun incident happened. The DB and Misty decision to get away for a while was to get away from RC after making the comment about using the gun on Misty if he found out she had anything to do with Haleigh's disappearance. TM was concerned for her safety and DB offered to take her. That was it. Had nothing to do with LE other than informing them approx. where they would be. Puts a whole new light on things if you listened to him explain it. There was no interjecting themselves into the investigation, no "undercover" plan whatsoever. I believe Steph Watts and as you know, I'm a pretty good judge of character.......LOL
Hmmm, that differs a bit from what TM told AH.
Miller tells me that Brock met several times with Putnam County detectives to debrief them on what she heard or learned during her weeks playing a role as Misty’s gal pal. She’s been with Misty, on and off, since meeting her in Orlando during Cummings visit to take the TES polygraph and other tests.

To make sure his spy wasn’t later viewed as in any way tied to law enforcement, and anything she might learn dismissed should a criminal case ever be made against Misty, Miller tells me he didn’t relay to law enforcement where the pair were “every moment,” but investigators knew “we could locate Misty if they needed her.”

He said Brock met regularly with law enforcement as a citizen-volunteer, and briefed them on what she learned talking to Ronald Cummings’ wife, witnessing their fights on the phone, learning details about Misty’s heart-breaking childhood–and a dark side that has yet to emerge in public and could add to law enforcement’s behavioural profile of the stepmom.

“Misty has a furious temper,” says Miller, and “at times it scared Donna.”

According to Art Harris, you mean. Steph Watts was there, Art wasn't

AH said he interviewed TM and that TM told him these things. If AH is making up the interview maybe TM should be made aware.

I can assure you LE is not DESPERATE. I still search on my own and speak with LE whenever I am there, despite TES, and I can honestly say I do not believe they are desperate. However, they do not share with me this is just my opinion.
Thanks you, Chesterp...that's very encouraging to hear! Even if they don't share with you, I'm sure that you can pick up vibes about how this case is going.

AH said he interviewed TM and that TM told him these things. If AH is making up the interview maybe TM should be made aware.

It doesn't necessarily mean that AH "made it up". But, if you tell your neighbor and the neighbor tells another neighbor, what are the chances that the story comes out as you intended word for word in the end? It's second hand.

If you think that would be appropriate, then I urge you to do that. I heard it from someone that was there.

It doesn't necessarily mean that AH "made it up". But, if you tell your neighbor and the neighbor tells another neighbor, what are the chances that the story comes out as you intended word for word in the end? It's second hand.

If you think that would be appropriate, then I urge you to do that. I heard it from someone that was there.
No offense, but a "journalist" (And I use that word very, very loosely w/ AH)conducting an interview w/ someone and things being passed from one person through several others is a totally different things. An interview would be firsthand. :waitasec: ANd Tim Miller supposedly witnessed this firsthand or now it's just Steph Watts?

No offense, but a "journalist" (And I use that word very, very loosely w/ AH)conducting an interview w/ someone and things being passed from one person through several others is a totally different things. An interview would be firsthand. :waitasec: ANd Tim Miller supposedly witnessed this firsthand or now it's just Steph Watts?

Don't put words in my mouth that I neither inferred or said. If TM told Art, that's the first neighbor, Then Art tells everyone else, they are the second neighbor. Unless it was reported through Art as a taped interview, I would be skeptical to take the interview word for word. What Steph reported on Levi's show were his own words in the first person. That's all I meant. If Steph was there, to me that's the horses mouth. If it came from TM himself, that's also the horses mouth. Anyone more inclinded to believe everything a journalist, reporter, whoever says they have the "exclusive story" over a person that was there at the actual incident being discussed, probably would make you the horses a$$ when all is said and done. That's all I meant. If this ever gets to a point where people have to go to trial, I feel pretty sure that Steph would not stick his neck out to be called for testimony if it weren't the truth. He said he was a witness to what happened, he nor I ever said he was the only one there.

While reading this all I could think of is the old saying," don't believe everything you read and only half of what you see. " :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024
Back