Dr. Michael Baden: Misinformed or deliberate misinformation?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I have always liked and respected Dr. Baden.

But, I vote deliberate misinformation in this case.

I didn't like his hints about Casey using chloroform for a babysitter...and still challenge him to name ONE person that has used chloroform for overnight babysitting. Chloroform can only be safely be used in 15 minute at a time drips...It is not commonly used by YOUNG mothers for babysitting, which is what Dr. Baden said.

What would be the point of using it at all if you have to be there all night administering the drips?

IMO

I used to like and respect Dr B until the Spector trial. I was shocked at the things he said under oath.

He seems to be "losing it" in my opinion. He gets "simple" forensic things incorrect and I have been wondering if he is slipping into senility.

Does anyone have a verifiable link to information that the bones were all scattered? As in not a MEDIA link? LE or Medical Examiner or whatever? No, because this was only assumed by media when "more bones found" was announced by LE.

I am not pro defense by any means, but I do have another idea. In the first hours of the body find, a member of LE was on camera and said that the bones were mostly in the bag except for the skull. Heard it myself while crying at work in the break room with 15 other people. Never, ever heard it again.

Several hours later it was the "MORE bones found", "scatter field" announcements. No one ever said these bones were suspected to belong to the bones in the bag. My idea is that Caylee WAS mostly contained in the bag - the bones they found scattered were other bones. My suspicion is that Miss "hide your pregnancy" was pregnant before or after Caylee's birth and hid it all the way to the "end" because nosy uncle wasn't around to call her out to mom and dad!

If Uncle hadn't called her out, Caylee may never have breathed air! I personally think we will find out that there were more than one Anthony member's bones in this find area. But I may be completely wrong.

Dr.G mentioned that some of the bones would be "tiny, tiny" even miniature. A 2 1/2 year old's smallest bone is what? Just wondering. I can't see these bones being smaller than a medium sized dog's bones and those wouldn't be THAT tiny...toe bones? what?

Sorry to be so graphic....just trying to give a possible explanation for his "misinformation" not really being misinformation which is the topic LOL:crazy:

OMG - I thought I was the only one who thought that was the lengthy search for "bones." That remark CA made in an "excited utterance" (which the Anthony apologists say was about LA) has always led me to believe that Caylee was NOT the first child KC has had.

Dr. Baden was just on the record with Greta a few minutes ago...talking about the new people hired for the defense team.

OMG - I thought I was the only one who thought that was the lengthy search for "bones." That remark CA made in an "excited utterance" (which the Anthony apologists say was about LA) has always led me to believe that Caylee was NOT the first child KC has had.

Very interesting possibility. But, I have to say I believe that the CA comment in reference may have to do with LA after all, but not in the way most have interpreted. There is a conversation going on in the incestay reathay about a certain "psycho ex-wife" who may have also been a psycho ex-girlfriend of a LA (and whom, if you believe the linked myspace entries were indeed authored by Lee, aborted his child). How is that for some crazy love quadrangle, jesus.

As for Dr. Baden, I think he has lost focus and is forgoing his professional role in the scientific community for his new gig as commentator and mouthpiece.

Does anyone have a verifiable link to information that the bones were all scattered? As in not a MEDIA link? LE or Medical Examiner or whatever? No, because this was only assumed by media when "more bones found" was announced by LE.

I am not pro defense by any means, but I do have another idea. In the first hours of the body find, a member of LE was on camera and said that the bones were mostly in the bag except for the skull. Heard it myself while crying at work in the break room with 15 other people. Never, ever heard it again.

Several hours later it was the "MORE bones found", "scatter field" announcements. No one ever said these bones were suspected to belong to the bones in the bag. My idea is that Caylee WAS mostly contained in the bag - the bones they found scattered were other bones. My suspicion is that Miss "hide your pregnancy" was pregnant before or after Caylee's birth and hid it all the way to the "end" because nosy uncle wasn't around to call her out to mom and dad!

If Uncle hadn't called her out, Caylee may never have breathed air! I personally think we will find out that there were more than one Anthony member's bones in this find area. But I may be completely wrong.

Dr.G mentioned that some of the bones would be "tiny, tiny" even miniature. A 2 1/2 year old's smallest bone is what? Just wondering. I can't see these bones being smaller than a medium sized dog's bones and those wouldn't be THAT tiny...toe bones? what?

Sorry to be so graphic....just trying to give a possible explanation for his "misinformation" not really being misinformation which is the topic LOL:crazy:

Well, Wow! That's one I haven't thought of this whole time! But, it may very well be! They did seem to spend a lot of time sifting and finding bones until I had to think that poor little Caylee was all disassembled and scattered all over. But, this would make more since! Other babies bones or bones from all of those pets buried there. But, I would hope they could tell the difference!

Turbo, what remark did she make? Please, please, please!

:blowkiss:

Turbo, what remark did she make? Please, please, please!

:blowkiss:

Sorry for jumping in, but I think it was Cindy's remark to the affect of not being able to bear losing "another one".

Chiming in late, but I was watching Greta on this particular night with a friend of mine and we were both outraged at what Baden was saying! :eek:

Deliberate because his wife is on the defense team... my friend and I both think this!

I think that people here at WS are much better informed than anyone on tv with the possible exception of Leticia, the Orlando reporter. Every one of them has made not just errors in speaking, but also embellish facts and change ordinary words into sensational terms to make things more exciting.

wow so another professional is full of it ?... someone that does this type of work for a living and was very respected ? .. i continue to be amazed at people more and more everyday ..i think the circus needs to end .. imho i hardly think dr baden would jeopardize his career for anyone including his wife .. but then i dont know him i can only assume ..

I did not see this appearance, but I read that he said MOST of the remains were found in the bag... not all. I am pretty sure his wife would know how close to true that statement was. I also read somewhere that a poster who had been to the crime scene itself, said that the actual area which was roped off and searched was not the entire acre as we had been told, but around 1/4 of an acre, very small area. And that it was 21 houses away from the A's, not 15 as NG says constantly.
It is possible that even though they sifted through the whole acre and found small bones, not all of them were Caylee's, maybe a lot of them were small animal bones.
I like and respect Dr. Baden and I do not believe he would deliberately mislead anyone. However, I know that some instantly distrust him because his wife is on the defense team. I am not arguing the point, but would like to point out that we have been misinformed about a lot of things in the past 6 months. Not all of it comes from the defense side. Nancy Grace misstates and misleads nearly every night, but not many complain about it. Take it with a grain of salt, and trust that when the trial starts, we will find out what is fact and what is fiction.

I have to say I agree.
I am quite surprised that people are allowed in the USA to make sweeping statements about a professional being a liar in the written word
Do you not have laws covering libel and or slander over there ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Baden

This is a man who has quite some feathers under his cap.

Baden was the Chief Medical Examiner for the City of New York from 1978 to 1979.

Baden has been a consulting/lead pathologist and an expert witness on a number of high profile cases and investigations including:[1][4]

* Sid Vicious's death
* Claus Von Bülow criminal trial
* John Belushi's death
* O.J. Simpson criminal trial
* Lisa McPherson's death[5]
* Phil Spector's murder trial for the defense. Baden was reportedly paid $250,000.[6] Baden's wife was legal co-counsel for Mr. Spector at the time.[3]
* Sergeant Evan Vela's court martial[7]

Baden maintains a private forensic pathology consulting practice and is the co-director of the New York State Police Medicolegal Investigation Unit.

Interesting stuff here too http://www.hbo.com/autopsy/baden/bio.html
JFK Martin Luther King etc

I find it hard to believe he would purposely mislead people or outright lie a suggested , for a 22 yr old *nobody* which up until Caylees Death Casey Anthony was - a nobody - just a everyday person.

I think the media enhances many things and it does make for more exciting viewing for the audience when " bones scattered" "many more bones found scattered"

Did we ever here "found many more of CAYLEES Bones scattered" ??

On a different note if his wife is on the defence team - what is his position in all this ?

Simply, An opinion can not be proven as a lie. One can change his/her opinion as often as they change their underwear, but it still remains an opinion. And yes, I think Baden changes his opinion if he sees it beneficial ($$$) to himself or his family. IMO.

Anyone email the show to let the staff know this was wrong...very wrong?

Uh right here RR, lol. :argue: I was so mad that Greta stopped carrying this long ago. I realize the election and conventions were going on, I gave her the benefit of the doubt, but was so angry after they were over.
Then I hit the roof when she carried it up with Palin, over and over she injects her into every story it seems.

So I wrote her several times telling her she was late to the party, especially when she jumped on this day Cayle was found. The she asked a guest who JG was. Not sure if my e mails got to anyone besides her, but a few yrs. back everyone carried the SP case. You could watch the coverage from 7 at night till Greta was over at 11.
Dan Abrams was covering it too.
But Greta, ummmm :mad:

Sorry for jumping in, but I think it was Cindy's remark to the affect of not being able to bear losing "another one".

Hmmm! I always figured she was speaking of KC/Caylee. But, who knows! I would think that if KC hid her pregnancy with Caylee from them, although I don't know how they could have not known, she would not tell them about others. But, seriously! CA is a nurse! How could she not have known? These people are either incredibly naive and stupid, or they are the most brazen liars ever! We already know KC fits with the latter!

I just hope that the evidence cuts through all of this carp!

I just hope that the evidence cuts through all of this carp!

I really doubt it though.

I have no respect for the man after watching him on the 1st Spector trial. Some many things but mostly remember the "aha moment" about Lana breathing after death, the tooth that Dr B said was a tooth at the scene only to deny it later on the stand after Dr L lost it and the fact he had no idea what he was being paid. And of course how his wife was conveniently sick he days he testified.

He may have been the best at one time, but times have changes, he has aged and I think greed has taken over.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back