Dr. Phil's Interview w/ George & Cindy Anthony - Thread #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You know what I learned from these interviews (the little that I watched), that the As all deserve each other and Caylee deserved none of it.

It is quite obvious that my post has been "misunderstood".

I did NOT buy into the Pinellas 12 "theory" ... I have severely criticized the Pinellas 12 many, many times here for their INCORRECT VERDICT !

I do NOT believe GA, CA and LA were INVOLVED in Caylee's death ...

However, IMO, George and Cindy, and Lee included, are all GUILTY of helping Felon Casey Anthony get OFF of a "murder rap".

GA, CA and LA's "defense" of FCA speak VOLUMES ! They ALL played their ROLE ... it was ALL part of a SCRIPT ! I did NOT BUY into it, but obviously many people did !

ALL of the Anthony's have BEEN DISHONEST since Day 31 !

And IMO, George did NOT stand up for JUSTICE FOR CAYLEE ! His testimony was WEAK ! George is very HINKY -- just like the rest of his family !

As always, My Opinion Only ...

Hinky to me suggests wrong doing and I don't think I misunderstood your post. I simply don't agree with you when you say George or Lee played roles - and I also think it is these continual suggestions that brought about the Pinellas 12. After all if we are suggesting after all this time that the family was sneaking around defending FCA, which I don't believe they were. I think CA covered up on a piece by piece basis as stuff arose and she refused to think FCA could have done this and still hasn't accepted it.

But if nothing else, since the early days, Lee has had nothing to do with this case except to struggle with his mothers constant insisting that FCA was not guilty - when clearly she was. But it was the lying to him about what his mother was saying that was making him weird. Caylee's alive she said - don't say anything different - and sneaking around behind lee's back looking for a dead Caylee. Lee trusted no one. Sure it made him strange - but no involved.

George struggled with the loss of his granddaughter and his daughter's guilt. He also struggled with losing his wife whom he knew had gone off the deep end.

We wanted our people to be heoes - lily white heroes, like in the movies. Unfortunately this family was dysfunctional in their own way, as are most families if you are reading the posts as each of us speak of our backgrounds. But involved in this crime? No. Masters of handling the media? Obviously not. But actively and with full knowledge involved in a coverup of FCA's guilt. I don't believe that at all.

Insisting this family be pure as the driven snow and our heroes is what got us to the verdict we got. IMO.

Hearing about all of this money paid for interviews and pictures makes me sick to my stomach - really sick. There are so many legit agencies that struggle that actually feed and shelter people who have reached a point that need these services due to no fault of their own. We already have legit services to search for the missing and endangered that rely on public donations. What would have been impressive would have been for the A's to negotiate the highest fee to be donated to one of these agencies in
Caylee's name. This paid "interview" puts not only the A's to shame but Phil and his network and the other's who have paid hundreds of thousands of dollars - for their hotel, lodging, and limo rides. With the numbers coming out of families that do not have enough to eat in America, their phoney grandparents scheme stinks to high heavens.

I agree. What about Tim Miller who put out 100K to find Caylee! you would think they would at least throw him a penny! Oh No, that 500k went directly into THEIR so called charity that they collect salaries from. I agree it's completely disgusting! Why can't they get off their arses and go to work like everyone else. I would think they would want something to keep their minds off of Caylee's murder. There are a lot of Parents, Grandparents, etc that have lost loved ones, but they still manage to make it to work. It's so irritating. I hope no one contributes a penny. I'm sure some of it is going to FCA too. Who else would support her? Her DT?

Well, I do agree Casey deserves our anger...but you can't deny that George has had issues with the "truth" same as his wife. He did go before the grand jury and most likely was as truthful as he could be at the time. But there was a heck of a lot of backpedaling after that and there is no doubt in MY mind that the As knew Caylee wasn't kidnapped. IMPO, they kept that story alive for one very good reason...they knew their daughter was in deep do do.

Yes, I agree...but I also believe our constant throwing around of comments about their "coverup" and all of their "wrongdoing" is in direct relation to the defense that was put on. We don't spend thread after thread after thread talking about FCA and her guilt and how and why, but we do spend an enormous about of time complaining about this family and watching how we are manipulated by the media, who take what they read here and run with it, I think we need to give up on the concept of the family's "guilt".

They are a very imperfect family with a guilty daughter and a dead grandchild. Why must we insist there was more? Because we are outraged about the outcome? Do we really think the LE paid any attention to what this family said? I don't. But I do think the media, the talking heads, and the Defense used it to their advantage..and we are here where we are today.

We are already watching the re-imaging of FCA with the help of Steve Heller and People magazine. I find this process more nauseating than this very damaged family.

Or maybe I am simply reaching my "enough already" limit. My cue to get on with my life. I know I will never be involved with an on line case again as I have with this one. I want guilt to remain where it belongs, with the offender. And I sure don't like being played.

You know what I learned from these interviews (the little that I watched), that the As all deserve each other and Caylee deserved none of it.

I didn't have the stomach to watch them. I don't care what Cindy Anthony has to say. I know what happened. I read the evidence.

I agree. What about Tim Miller who put out 100K to find Caylee! you would think they would at least throw him a penny! Oh No, that 500k went directly into THEIR so called charity that they collect salaries from. I agree it's completely disgusting! Why can't they get off their arses and go to work like everyone else. I would think they would want something to keep their minds off of Caylee's murder. There are a lot of Parents, Grandparents, etc that have lost loved ones, but they still manage to make it to work. It's so irritating. I hope no one contributes a penny. I'm sure some of it is going to FCA too. Who else would support her? Her DT?

MOO ... Phil McGraw and his network as well -- should be ASHAMED of themselves for donating even a penny to the Anthony's !

BBM: Exactly ... and don't forget Cindy's "nasty" comments about Mr. Miller ... I hope Mr. Miller WINS that lawsuit BIG TIME !

Mr. Miller is a A "BILLION" TIMES MORE DESERVING of a "donation" than the Anthony's who have done NOTHING for "GrandParents Rights" and "Missing Children" !

And IMO ... I would NOT be surprised if the Anthony's ARE communicating with FCA and sending her $$$$$ ... Afterall, Cindy was putting $$$$$ into FCA's jail account then, so it would not be a surprise if the A's were supporting her now ...

MOO MOO MOO ...

I didn't have the stomach to watch them. I don't care what Cindy Anthony has to say. I know what happened. I read the evidence.

I find it amazing that I agree with you on every opinion you express. You say it so much better than I could, however.

I think it is important to realize that this whole situation is so far removed from any reality we expect to find in our lives that it is no wonder that the parents would initially find it hard to just accept that their daughter did something so terrible. It is much easier to look at from the outside, see all the warning signs, look at all the piecees that fit together, and make a judgement of guilty. We are not living with the day to day, emotional attachment to the guilty party, and all the memories of good times.

I know I have not expressed this as good as you could, but I hope it is understandable. I find the Anthony's dysfunctional and without moral compasses, but not complicit in murder.

Blessings as I channel my attention elsewhere for now.

I have thought, even during the trial, that there is a good chance that George was also in on this - throwing himself under the bus to save Casey - going along with this from the get-go.
Well, he and his daughter wore the same color shirts day in and day out. I think that was CA's doing/coordinating. But it definitely caught many members' attention.

For some reason I think that there would have been a very different outcome at trial if the As had told the truth from the beginning...including the reason why Casey was at odds with her parents. There was more to her motive for wanting Caylee out of the picture then just her desire to party or be with her boyfriend. IMPO Casey was enraged about something that took place prior to Caylee's death. Sugar coating it from the outset...Casey went off to bond with her daughter (but then continuously left her with a babysitter??)...was meant to obsfucate the truth. The As could only testify to what was said during depositions and by lying they created reasonable doubt all on their own.
JMHO

When these foundations were discussed earlier, someone spotted a paragraph that talked about being able to donate funds from one foundation to another foundation. I don't want that to get lost in all the posts. Could we have a sticky thread that includes the actual documents for the non-profits, etc. they have started?

Of note, Angel Food Ministries has decided to shut down their non-profit organization, I was reading about it and found some interesting things which may parallel to what the A's may be attempting to do.

One thing is what they call self-dealing which looks like transferring funds between foundations -
Self-dealing occurs when someone excessively profits from a business arrangement in which he operates both a non-profit organization and for-profit corporation and that do business with each other. The IRS may investigate and levy taxes against the nonprofit organization or revoke its tax-exempt status if found guilty of self-dealing.

Another thing is salaries - Significant wage increases for AFM's top leaders in 2006 attracted attention from critics of excessive compensation. Joe Wingo earned just under $70,000 in 2005, but one year later he earned a whopping $588,000. Wife Linda, and sons Andy and Wesley, also received significant pay increases, each of them having earned under $100,000 in 2005 but earning $450,000 or greater the following year.

I don't want to go over the copyright rule so I won't copy any more but this article also mentions excessive credit card purchases, housing and tithes to their own church.

It also lists a watch group site that alerts on ministry type non-profits that could be shady. Maybe there needs to be a watch group that oversees FL non-profits, in particular any that include the A's and MLippman?

http://www.christianpost.com/news/angel-food-ministries-blames-economy-for-september-shutdown-55486/

Uploaded by weshtv on Mar 3, 2011

George Anthony tearfully answers defense attorney Jose Baez's questions at

George: I'd Do Anything For Casey, Caylee - YouTube

But it the end he knew he just couldn't do it.

No matter what George did or said before the trial he knew in the trial he must tell the truth no matter how it ripped his heart to shreds. I cant imagine how hard this had to be for a father and a grandfather. Caught between two people he had loved since they were born.

But he did the right thing. He did not rollover for his daughter. He was emphatic and quite clear when he said the last time he saw Caylee she was leaving with his daughter. And if given a chance he would have said he no longer believed Caylee's death was an accident. Ashton asked him when questioning him about that and had his opinion now change and George was going to answer, yes, imo, before Baez jumped up and objected.

I am so glad to see George making even more progress now. He has always known deep down in his subconscious mind that Casey most likely killed Caylee but I am sure he tried to convince himself it wasnt true but once the evidence came into the trial he no longer could cling to that belief anymore. George knew 1+1=2 everytime.

Denial is a stage of grief that most everyone goes through that has lost a loved one.

Now what is hard to believe though is how someone like Cindy could still be in total denial after three plus years while under the care of a therapist and the denial deepening imo.:waitasec:

George has made steps forward and I certainly hope he gets therapy in order to teach him how to be more assertive and not hold his true feelings inside but learns how to express them openly and honestly without fear of upsetting Cindy in the process. He has improved but he still has a long way to go to keep Cindy from controlling and suppressing him.

The only steps Cindy has made are backward .......retreeting into a myriad of bizarre excuses in order to excuse her pathetically wicked and cold daughter who IMO doesn't care one bit about either of her parents.

At least George has the right solution. The only way to survive a psychopath is to distance yourself from them completely.

BBM: IMO, I believe that George was IN on ALL of it -- with respect to the DEFENSE STRATEGY BY JOSE AND CINDY !

Even though CA "claims" that GA was not there when she went to Jose's office prior to the trial to discuss the "defense's strategy", I believe George was told the "bus" was "heading his way" and don't he "dare" try to stop it.

Remember when George testified before the trial that he would do ANYTHING to help save his daughter ?

Uploaded by weshtv on Mar 3, 2011

George Anthony tearfully answers defense attorney Jose Baez's questions at a hearing Thursday in the case against Casey Anthony.

George: I'd Do Anything For Casey, Caylee - YouTube

IMO ... that RIGHT THERE said it all one needs to know about George.

MOO ...

I don't think George was in on 'it.' That is why he was purposely excluded just like he always was when major decisions were made.

Even if told about it there wasnt one single solitary thing he could have done to stop it and Baez knew that.

IMO+

Yes, I agree...but I also believe our constant throwing around of comments about their "coverup" and all of their "wrongdoing" is in direct relation to the defense that was put on. We don't spend thread after thread after thread talking about FCA and her guilt and how and why, but we do spend an enormous about of time complaining about this family and watching how we are manipulated by the media, who take what they read here and run with it, I think we need to give up on the concept of the family's "guilt".

They are a very imperfect family with a guilty daughter and a dead grandchild. Why must we insist there was more? Because we are outraged about the outcome? Do we really think the LE paid any attention to what this family said? I don't. But I do think the media, the talking heads, and the Defense used it to their advantage..and we are here where we are today.

We are already watching the re-imaging of FCA with the help of Steve Heller and People magazine. I find this process more nauseating than this very damaged family.

Or maybe I am simply reaching my "enough already" limit. My cue to get on with my life. I know I will never be involved with an on line case again as I have with this one. I want guilt to remain where it belongs, with the offender. And I sure don't like being played.

For what it's worth, they did actively hinder the investigation. Maybe it was because they couldn't believe Casey did it, or because Cindy was driving the wheel and George and Lee had no choice but to go along with it. Even at trial, they still had a hard time admitting truths on the stand or giving any respect to the SA or justice for Caylee. What has angered me the most is the disrespect for Caylee in all of this. There's been nothing but love and understanding for Casey, but nothing for Caylee. She has been tossed aside as a nonpart of this tragedy - it's all been made about Casey and her problems now.

That being said, I don't think there's a script they've been following. I think that gives them way too much credit. I think they have just been themselves - mom at the wheel, driving the family; dad as the scapegoat who never did enough; and Lee as the odd good child out who is desperate for attention and his mom's affection. I don't think they actually sat down and came up with a Master Plan to get Casey off. I think they just went with whatever they thought would work at the moment - and George and Lee were convinced to go along with mom because that's how they deal with Cindy and keep the peace in the house, just do what she says even if they don't like it.

The problem is that Casey did get away with this, so everything about it is making a lot of people angry. I bet if she had been convicted, there wouldn't be so much anger around here. But the fact that she got away with murder makes it so hard to accept, especially when we know that the family did indeed try to coverup in the early days, and Cindy was willing to lie on the stand to get the verdict she wanted so desperately. Did that single thing lead to that verdict? Of course not. But the contribution can't be denied either. I don't think that there were specific roles to be played in this trial, but the family played the roles they have always played every other time Casey got into trouble, and that somehow lead the Pinellas 12 to the wrong decision among other things.

As far as guilt goes - none for Caylee's death on any other A than Casey. I think this is getting enmeshed with another kind of guilt I do place on Cindy in particular - enabling Casey and raising her to believe that she should never suffer consequences for her actions. Did Cindy know this would lead to Casey murdering her child? Absolutely not. But it can't be denied that continually showing a child that they can do no wrong and mommy will continue to clean up the messes can't lead to anywhere good, IMO. And something like that can't be fixed overnight, either.

But, we can't change Casey's past, we can't change how she was raised, we can't change what happened to Caylee, and we can't change how the family dealt with it and is still dealing with it. It's over and done with. Casey got away with it, and that family will have to live with that for the rest of their lives. I think that's a huge punishment for all of them. It might not seem like it right now, but eventually the money will run out, and the tragedy of Caylee's death will eat them up and send them to their graves. I sincerely hope Casey does not have any more children, for I only see more heartache for the family down that road.

I guess I'm just tired of being angry at them. It's getting me nowhere. And they just keep showing up for facetime - if it's not the A's, it's Casey on People magazine. They aren't going away, and I'm tired of devoting my energy into hating them anymore. It doesn't mean that I like them, but I think my outrage has finally reached it's limit. They are dysfunctional, unlikable, and disreputable people, and I'm just going to have to live with that.

For some reason I think that there would have been a very different outcome at trial if the As had told the truth from the beginning...JMHO

snipped

We could just as easily say that the outcome would have been different if Roy Kronk's calls had been taken seriously and Caylee's body had been discovered earlier. We don't blame LE though, do we? YM is glorified on this board.

I personally thought the verdict should have been cut-and-dry. I never turned around and blamed the A's because the verdict that KC deserved did not materialize. The only person I have ever blamed from the beginning is KC. I don't think I would like the A's if I met them. CA has made a fool of herself on national TV. But the A's didn't kill Caylee, and everything they have done since that horrible incident has been in reaction to their worst nightmare coming true.

haven't had time to read and every post here, but the thing that stood out to me the most in the last segment of the interview was how cindy said she and lee would find a place for casey to live. that yes she wanted a relationship with her daughter (i can even understand that) BUT the way she words it, she basically says she wants a relationship with casey so she can eventually find out the truth about what happened. so here's my question. she does not believe that casey could hurt caylee intentionally, she does not believe that george found caylee in the swimming pool, so exactly who does she feel is responsible? she had already agreed (in cindy language) that casey was in someway responsible. so i took that to mean that casey was not watching caylee and caylee accidentally drowned or some other type of accident happened. yet she turns around and says she would have no problem with casey babysitting another one of her grandkids. i'm confused. if casey can't keep her eyes on her own child in a responsible enough way to keep her safe, then why would she put forth the extra effort with a child that's not hers?

More people would watch if they thought the A's did not get paid for the interview. A pretty good reason to lie if you ask me.

So you think Dr. Phil is dumb enough to stand on TV and lie about something that is so easily traceable?

IMO NO WAY.

snipped

We could just as easily say that the outcome would have been different if Roy Kronk's calls had been taken seriously and Caylee's body had been discovered earlier. We don't blame LE though, do we? YM is glorified on this board.

I personally thought the verdict should have been cut-and-dry. I never turned around and blamed the A's because the verdict that KC deserved did not materialize. The only person I have ever blamed from the beginning is KC. I don't think I would like the A's if I met them. CA has made a fool of herself on national TV. But the A's didn't kill Caylee, and everything they have done since that horrible incident has been in reaction to their worst nightmare coming true.

I agree. I do not think anything Cindy said at trial really mattered to the jury. They actually said they gave her words no consideration, believing her to be on medication and not thinking clearly.

I also do not blame the A's for what happened to Caylee. I believe they covered for Casey all her life for a variety of misdeeds and maybe even some criminal activity, whether charged or not. However, I do not believe the parents had reason to believe Casey was going to harm Caylee. Yes, they could have acted much sooner than 31 days; it wouldn't have saved Caylee but might have gotten the legal ball rolling sooner and possibly affected the outcome of this case.

My beef with the Anthonys is this "foundation" they are setting up. It's a way to get money without working for it, and it cannot be denied that Caylee's death has made this windfall possible. This kind of activity does not honor Caylee's memory and even though other parents/grandparents of crime victims have turned into advocates after the fact, the Anthonys have not shown any advocacy effort to date. Yet, they have brought in mega-bucks under the guise of advocacy. I cannot condone this.

More people would watch if they thought the A's did not get paid for the interview. A pretty good reason to lie if you ask me.

It also depends on what you call a lie. PR experts know how to phrase things in a way that make it technically truthful,but misleading.
I'm sure the staff at the Dr. Phil show researched the Anthony's and know what their credibility is. They know the real purpose of that foundation. That donation wil be paying a salary for Cindy and George.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
michelle177