Dr. Phil's Interview w/ George & Cindy Anthony - Thread #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. I do not think anything Cindy said at trial really mattered to the jury. They actually said they gave her words no consideration, believing her to be on medication and not thinking clearly.

I also do not blame the A's for what happened to Caylee. I believe they covered for Casey all her life for a variety of misdeeds and maybe even some criminal activity, whether charged or not. However, I do not believe the parents had reason to believe Casey was going to harm Caylee. Yes, they could have acted much sooner than 31 days; it wouldn't have saved Caylee but might have gotten the legal ball rolling sooner and possibly affected the outcome of this case.

My beef with the Anthonys is this "foundation" they are setting up. It's a way to get money without working for it, and it cannot be denied that Caylee's death has made this windfall possible. This kind of activity does not honor Caylee's memory and even though other parents/grandparents of crime victims have turned into advocates after the fact, the Anthonys have not shown any advocacy effort to date. Yet, they have brought in mega-bucks under the guise of advocacy. I cannot condone this.

ITA... very well put.

CA was just plain airheaded to believe everything KC was telling her during the business trip. If it were me, I would have thought SOMETHING was wrong, but because KC exhibited no distress on the phone, I don't think I would have believed in a million years that Caylee was dead. I probably would have thought, KC's playing a game, she's hiding Caylee from me, and this has gone on long enough.

As far as the foundation goes, I haven't seen the new foundation get on its feet yet. I'm disappointed to see the website for Caylee's Fund still up, and abandoned by all appearances (it hasn't been updated since 2009), but as others have pointed out, the "donate now" button still works just fine! :rolleyes: At the very least, that's awful tacky.

For what it's worth, they did actively hinder the investigation. Maybe it was because they couldn't believe Casey did it, or because Cindy was driving the wheel and George and Lee had no choice but to go along with it. Even at trial, they still had a hard time admitting truths on the stand or giving any respect to the SA or justice for Caylee. What has angered me the most is the disrespect for Caylee in all of this. There's been nothing but love and understanding for Casey, but nothing for Caylee. She has been tossed aside as a nonpart of this tragedy - it's all been made about Casey and her problems now.

That being said, I don't think there's a script they've been following. I think that gives them way too much credit. I think they have just been themselves - mom at the wheel, driving the family; dad as the scapegoat who never did enough; and Lee as the odd good child out who is desperate for attention and his mom's affection. I don't think they actually sat down and came up with a Master Plan to get Casey off. I think they just went with whatever they thought would work at the moment - and George and Lee were convinced to go along with mom because that's how they deal with Cindy and keep the peace in the house, just do what she says even if they don't like it.

The problem is that Casey did get away with this, so everything about it is making a lot of people angry. I bet if she had been convicted, there wouldn't be so much anger around here. But the fact that she got away with murder makes it so hard to accept, especially when we know that the family did indeed try to coverup in the early days, and Cindy was willing to lie on the stand to get the verdict she wanted so desperately. Did that single thing lead to that verdict? Of course not. But the contribution can't be denied either. I don't think that there were specific roles to be played in this trial, but the family played the roles they have always played every other time Casey got into trouble, and that somehow lead the Pinellas 12 to the wrong decision among other things.

As far as guilt goes - none for Caylee's death on any other A than Casey. I think this is getting enmeshed with another kind of guilt I do place on Cindy in particular - enabling Casey and raising her to believe that she should never suffer consequences for her actions. Did Cindy know this would lead to Casey murdering her child? Absolutely not. But it can't be denied that continually showing a child that they can do no wrong and mommy will continue to clean up the messes can't lead to anywhere good, IMO. And something like that can't be fixed overnight, either.

But, we can't change Casey's past, we can't change how she was raised, we can't change what happened to Caylee, and we can't change how the family dealt with it and is still dealing with it. It's over and done with. Casey got away with it, and that family will have to live with that for the rest of their lives. I think that's a huge punishment for all of them. It might not seem like it right now, but eventually the money will run out, and the tragedy of Caylee's death will eat them up and send them to their graves. I sincerely hope Casey does not have any more children, for I only see more heartache for the family down that road.

I guess I'm just tired of being angry at them. It's getting me nowhere. And they just keep showing up for facetime - if it's not the A's, it's Casey on People magazine. They aren't going away, and I'm tired of devoting my energy into hating them anymore. It doesn't mean that I like them, but I think my outrage has finally reached it's limit. They are dysfunctional, unlikable, and disreputable people, and I'm just going to have to live with that.

For what it's worth Aedrys - I agree with everything you said - except your first sentence. Because I'm not sure how they hindered the investigation. And no, I'm not asking for a laundry list because I'm very aware of every tawdry thing they did.

It's that I don't believe they hindered, as in stopped, prevented, detoured, brought to a halt - this investigation. I think the LE and the SA paid no attention to them at all - they knew who was guilty from the get go, after their very initial investigation of the facts. I saw both the LE and the SA completely ignoring the Anthony's because as experienced investigators and prosecutors, they know families usually lie.

I think what we saw was the opposite. As peeps complained about the Anthony's outrageous behavior, the Defense saw the chink in the wall of the prosecution and kept chipping away until they had a clout of carp to throw up in the air during the trial. All carp - you knew it and I knew it but we'd been on the Anthony obstruction mantra train it was too late to get off. And the DT listened to their media experts and played it for all it was worth. And much to my disgust - it worked.

But it the end he knew he just couldn't do it.

No matter what George did or said before the trial he knew in the trial he must tell the truth no matter how it ripped his heart to shreds. I cant imagine how hard this had to be for a father and a grandfather. Caught between two people he had loved since they were born.

But he did the right thing. He did not rollover for his daughter. He was emphatic and quite clear when he said the last time he saw Caylee she was leaving with his daughter. And if given a chance he would have said he no longer believed Caylee's death was an accident. Ashton asked him when questioning him about that and had his opinion now change and George was going to answer, yes, imo, before Baez jumped up and objected.

I am so glad to see George making even more progress now. He has always known deep down in his subconscious mind that Casey most likely killed Caylee but I am sure he tried to convince himself it wasnt true but once the evidence came into the trial he no longer could cling to that belief anymore. George knew 1+1=2 everytime.

Denial is a stage of grief that most everyone goes through that has lost a loved one.

Now what is hard to believe though is how someone like Cindy could still be in total denial after three plus years while under the care of a therapist and the denial deepening imo.:waitasec:

George has made steps forward and I certainly hope he gets therapy in order to teach him how to be more assertive and not hold his true feelings inside but learns how to express them openly and honestly without fear of upsetting Caidy in the process. He has improved but he still has a long way to go to keep Cindy from controlling and suppressing him.

The only steps Cindy has made are backward .......retreeting into a myriad of bizarre excuses in order to excuse her pathetically wicked and cold daughter who IMO doesn't care one bit about either of her parents.

At least George has the right solution. The only way to survive a psychopath is to distance yourself from them completely.

BBM

I totally agree and with him actually wiping his hands of her the last time he got off that stand was a strong point. I think in the end he knew what he had to do and it wasn't "do anything for KC" it was for Caylee...and I know a lot here will say a little too late for that.

I just wish it would have been 3yrs ago that he felt this way and on July 15th he should have taken the car to the police or called to police and stopped CA from cleaning it. He should have made a big deal about the car smelling instead of telling the police off to the side to not cause a scene that night..if only the cop came out first before dad/grandfather did but I know he didn't want to think the worst thing ever and unfortunately he did

For what it's worth Aedrys - I agree with everything you said - except your first sentence. Because I'm not sure how they hindered the investigation. And no, I'm not asking for a laundry list because I'm very aware of every tawdry thing they did.

It's that I don't believe they hindered, as in stopped, prevented, detoured, brought to a halt - this investigation. I think the LE and the SA paid no attention to them at all - they knew who was guilty from the get go, after their very initial investigation of the facts. I saw both the LE and the SA completely ignoring the Anthony's because as experienced investigators and prosecutors, they know families usually lie.

I think what we saw was the opposite. As peeps complained about the Anthony's outrageous behavior, the Defense saw the chink in the wall of the prosecution and kept chipping away until they had a clout of carp to throw up in the air during the trial. All carp - you knew it and I knew it but we'd been on the Anthony obstruction mantra train it was too late to get off. And the DT listened to their media experts and played it for all it was worth. And much to my disgust - it worked.

IDK, logicalgirl. I tend to think of everyone connected with a criminal investigation as being either part of the solution or part of the problem.

I'm having a hard time seeing anyone involved with the "laundry list" of issues, ranging from the wrong hairbrush all the way to lying on the witness stand, that you or I either one could enumerate as being part of any solution in this investigation and search for justice.

I feel that makes them a problem from the beginning, right up to the end for the investigators.

BBM

I totally agree and with him actually wiping his hands of her the last time he got off that stand was a strong point. I think in the end he knew what he had to do and it wasn't "do anything for KC" it was for Caylee...and I know a lot here will say a little too late for that.

Doesn't it kill you, though, that he sat stoically during the Dr. Phil interview while CA said she's "over" the fact that Caylee was thrown in the woods?

Doesn't it kill you, though, that he sat stoically during the Dr. Phil interview while CA said she's "over" the fact that Caylee was thrown in the woods?

He knew he was not to interrupt while DP was speaking to Cindy. I am sure they had been told not to talk over each other.

But the look he gave Cindy as she said that .....looked like he was trying hard not to throw up. Imo, he thought she has lost her mind.

I think that is one of George's greatest pains.......knowing how much Casey disrespected Caylee's little remains. It will eat at him forever that all the time she was just houses away from them decomposing in a swamp.

Whether Cindy is over it or not..........it is obvious that George is not by a long shot.

IMO

I can't wait to get out of work everyday to come here and read everyone's insightful posts. I would like to add my opinion about the Anthony's hindering the investigation and prosecution. I felt that the prosecutors were hurt by the Anthony's tactics. I feel that they knew the Anthony's were unreliable and that prevented the prosecutors from asking many questions that would have help the jurors get a better picture of who KC Anthony was.

Continued from page 9..Post # 223

CA...It didn't make sense because if I would have been a juror listening, I wouldn't have bought that part of that because I would have felt both parties would have been responsible for the drowning because if GA was home and KC was home and the child was found in the pool that both of them would have been negligent.

Dr.P...Just as you are absolutely drop dead certain that there was no molestation on GA's part, are you as certain that he was not there, if and when the drowning took place?

CA...Absolutely because I saw GA's emotions when he found out that Caylee was missing that night. I saw GA's determination for 6 months to find Caylee, I saw a man being destroyed little by little, he was dying inside. If he would have had any knowledge of that, things would have been totally different. We would have known on the 16th what happened to Caylee.

Dr. P...So, was this jury dupped by this theory?

CA...I don't think they bought the whole theory but the fact that Caylee could have drowned, there was more possibility and more evidence there than there was she was murdered.

Dr. P..But why implicate GA?

CA...Because he was running out of people to blame besides KC. I mean I think his intention was to put it on somebody. Jose's job and he said from day one that he was going to do everything he could to get KC off, that she did not deserve to be there, she did not hurt her daughter, he didn't care who's toes he was going to step on, he didn't care who he was going to hurt along the way. GA became his fall guy and I was angry at Mr. Baez for that and I still to this day believe that they did not need to involve GA in that scenario. It would have been the same verdict.

Dr. P...It's interesting to me that you say two major problems of the defense was that you molested her and therefore taught her that you keep secrets and you live a secret life and that you were there and instructed her as an authority figure, that had power and control over her to hide this and cover this up. That was misinformation to the jury..correct?

CA...Absolutely

Dr.P...But you just think thats not the reason they aquitted her on the 3 charges because you think they saw through this.

CA...I believe from what some of the jurors have come forward to, that there was not enough evidence to convict KC on murder. The state did not prove their burden and had they put in a different charge other than the 3 charges they did I think KC probably would have been found guilty of something other than the lying to police.

GA...When the first one came through, they found her not guilty of first degree murder I remember I started to shake, I got this deepness in my heart. I thought OK, but she's actually gonna be in jail for awhile to pay for Caylees death. Then the 2nd charge came through not guilty. I'm thinkin OK, then when the 3rd one came through for aggravated child abuse...nothing. I thought , Oh my gosh, my daughters gonna walk out of here and I'm never gonna know about Caylee. I felt she needs to have something to be held accountable for. If that meant bein in jail...that meant bein in jail.

Dr. P...You wanted them to find something against her.

GA...I did, thats bein truthful, thats bein honest

Dr. P...So as you sat there in the courtroom you wanted to hear a guilty to one of those first three?

GA...I did. I didn't want to see my daughter be put to death, but I wanted her to be held responsible for my grandaughter. I did and I still do.

Dr. P...What was your reaction, you wanted to hear...

CA...I was praying for all 3 not guilty and I was elated when all 3 of them came back not guilty

Dr. P...What do you think about him saying honestly that he wanted her to be found guilty of something, not death penalty but to be held accountable for this?

CA... I think he felt betrayed by KC and definately by her defense team, he wanted some type of retrobution for what she put him through for those 3 years and then what she put him through for the trial. I think GA is so hurt by the fact they did this to him that he wanted to see her pay.

Dr. P..Was it retrobution or was it accountability for Caylee?

GA...I wanted accountable for Caylee. She was always my focus from day one, to find out what happened to her and I wanted someone to be held accountable for that and I'm holding KC responsible for that.

Dr. P...You were disappointed in the verdict( meaning GA)...you were relieved by the verdict..(CA)

CA...Absolutely

Dr. P...So ya all see that very differently

CA..ah ha

Dr. P...Do you respect his right to see it that way

CA...Absolutely, and I

Dr. P...Do you respect her right to see it her way

GA...Right and I even said you know now that KC is out, if she could have a relationship with her mom and her brother, that's fine. I have no problem with that. I don't think the relationship between KC and I will be anymore than what it is right now. We're gonna have a very strained relationship. I love my daughter but I don't like what the last 3 years has done to us.

No. A lie is a lie, and Dr. Phil told the truth IMO.

The same "truth" statement ABC made saying they didn't pay for interviews? BTW, I do wish Cindy had the same view of a lie that you do.

So you think Dr. Phil is dumb enough to stand on TV and lie about something that is so easily traceable?

IMO NO WAY.

Traceble?

He didn't lie. He said they would derive no INCOME from the donation. Play on words. They will extract the money in expenses.

No one has ever seen the Caylee Fund in completion...there was about $5,000 on the books IIRC. That is hiding a lot of donations. The bobos made $30,000 in two days selling 2500 t shirts. The Anthonys have made a small fortune in three years. They have had numerous TV appearances and they have sold many many PICS...still are. They are hiding their money and the donations. I suspect some money was filtered to kc to keep her commisary account full. kc always accepted the money, despite not seeing her parents. You think the parents would get a clue...good grief! Like mother, like daughter....money talks!

Everyone will be shocked if they ever find out just how much Dr. Phil gave the "Foundation". They may now actually have to do something to act like they are helping people. Last time they got a big donation, they bought those small bears to give to LE to help missing children "Cope".

Hard to imagine that people actually believe cindy won't benefit hugely from the Dr. Phil Show. Dr. Phil knows better, as he also has a Foundation (cough). I still say the disclaimer he stated on national TV was part of the agreement from Lippman that they would do his show.

The Disclaimer was spoken and obviously has worked because I see people and read and hear where they actually believe what they thought they heard. I don't think these people follow politics very closely because if they did, they would know words get manipulated and things are not what they seem.

Continued from page 9..Post # 223

Dr. P...What do you think about him saying honestly that he wanted her to be found guilty of something, not death penalty but to be held accountable for this?

CA... I think he felt betrayed by KC and definately by her defense team, he wanted some type of retrobution for what she put him through for those 3 years and then what she put him through for the trial. I think GA is so hurt by the fact they did this to him that he wanted to see her pay.

Dr. P..Was it retrobution or was it accountability for Caylee?.

Snipped:

Does CA ever, ever think before she opens her mouth? Here she changes what GA said around to make it sound as if he wanted KC punished for what she did to GA. jmo

Traceble?

He didn't lie. He said they would derive no INCOME from the donation. Play on words. They will extract the money in expenses.

No one has ever seen the Caylee Fund in completion...there was about $5,000 on the books IIRC. That is hiding a lot of donations. The bobos made $30,000 in two days selling 2500 t shirts. The Anthonys have made a small fortune in three years. They have had numerous TV appearances and they have sold many many PICS...still are. They are hiding their money and the donations. I suspect some money was filtered to kc to keep her commisary account full. kc always accepted the money, despite not seeing her parents. You think the parents would get a clue...good grief! Like mother, like daughter....money talks!

Everyone will be shocked if they ever find out just how much Dr. Phil gave the "Foundation". They may now actually have to do something to act like they are helping people. Last time they got a big donation, they bought those small bears to give to LE to help missing children "Cope".

Hard to imagine that people actually believe cindy won't benefit hugely from the Dr. Phil Show. Dr. Phil knows better, as he also has a Foundation (cough). I still say the disclaimer he stated on national TV was part of the agreement from Lippman that they would do his show.

The Disclaimer was spoken and obviously has worked because I see people and read and hear where they actually believe what they thought they heard. I don't think these people follow politics very closely because if they did, they would know words get manipulated and things are not what they seem.

I'm not sure where you saw that but what I saw for the year reported in their financial report was something a little over $800 I think. Not much at all. The majority of the money went for salaries from what I can remember. But I don't remember seeing anything about $30,000 for t-shirts. jmo

Snipped:

Does CA ever, ever think before she opens her mouth? Here she changes what GA said around to make it sound as if he wanted KC punished for what she did to GA. jmo

Cindy thinks she can think for George.:innocent: Especially when it is something she doesnt want to hear.

It has to be maddening living with this woman who twists everything that he says.

She had to poo poo the truth again and diminish George's concretely held beliefs in the process.

IMO

Dr. P...Do you respect his right to see it that way

CA...Absolutely, and I

Dr. P...Do you respect her right to see it her way

GA...Right and I even said you know now that KC is out, if she could have a relationship with her mom and her brother, that's fine. I have no problem with that. I don't think the relationship between KC and I will be anymore than what it is right now. We're gonna have a very strained relationship. I love my daughter but I don't like what the last 3 years has done to us.

IMO they're both lying and are acting for the tv cameras. These two will come to major blows over kc. kc wants her father out of the picture. She can't manipulate him like she can her mother and brother.

Cindy keeps GA around. He is a trophy husband, goog housekeeper, driver, car repairman, he does exactly what she says and she can control him. There is nothing there for him to keep hanging in there with cindy except for the legal and financial assets and at this point that is getting more complex.

I maintain cindy needs george more than george needs cindy. She is a major co-dependent and in secret, most likely, adores him and acts like a little girl around him. She may cater to his every whim. I've seen this type before.

So you think Dr. Phil is dumb enough to stand on TV and lie about something that is so easily traceable?

IMO NO WAY.

But they really did get paid. They are collecting a salary from the foundation that Dr Phil just dropped 1/2 mil into. I guess Dr Phil thinks we are all stupid! He should have donated the money to Texas Equisearch or Klaas Foundation, not a Foundation that hasn't done one single thing for charity! Their Foundation doesn't even make sense! How are they going to help other Grandparents? CA is living on another planet and they both need help so bad themselves. How can they seriously help others when they are both so sick? GA still grieving and angry and CA in complete denial.

At least GA was somewhat honest but there aren't any words for CA.

I'm not sure where you saw that but what I saw for the year reported in their financial report was something a little over $800 I think. Not much at all. The majority of the money went for salaries from what I can remember. But I don't remember seeing anything about $30,000 for t-shirts. jmo

I guess I didn't say. It was the Bobos that made $30,000 in two days from sales of t-shirts. I was making a comparison. If the 'bobos made that much in two days, what do you thingkthe anthonys made in three years? The Anthonys were taking in huge donations...I didn't see much money in the Foundation that was claimed as money received.

IDK, logicalgirl. I tend to think of everyone connected with a criminal investigation as being either part of the solution or part of the problem.

I'm having a hard time seeing anyone involved with the "laundry list" of issues, ranging from the wrong hairbrush all the way to lying on the witness stand, that you or I either one could enumerate as being part of any solution in this investigation and search for justice.

I feel that makes them a problem from the beginning, right up to the end for the investigators.

Again I wish I could agree that it is that black and white - but I've said all along - I just don't think the Anthony's - particularly CA was a player at all in the case. No one believed her claims on the stand - it was obvious she was trying to save her daughter from the death penalty.

The LE simply got a sample of hair from another brush - we claim she cleaned the car yet a CSI for the SA testified it was not clean, we hoped the pants had that very clue that would have solved the case but I think not. And so it went through the list of the Anthony's "obstructions". Merely an annoying sideshow, but a non-event for the LE and the SA - and a sideshow for the media.

Bill S. who was a criminal lawyer for 30 years said he had never before seen a case with so much circumstantial evidence. What I think went wrong was a very sophisticated prosecution with highly technical evidence and a very unsophisticated jury who have never been called on to engage their common sense and were so unfocused they never did understand what their jury instructions were. And a DT who had figured out just how unsophisticated these folks were. Because more than enough evidence was there.

Cindy kept comparing George's mistakes to her daughters....grrrrr :banghead:

Again I wish I could agree that it is that black and white - but I've said all along - I just don't think the Anthony's - particularly CA was a player at all in the case. No one believed her claims on the stand - it was obvious she was trying to save her daughter from the death penalty.

The LE simply got a sample of hair from another brush - we claim she cleaned the car yet a CSI for the SA testified it was not clean, we hoped the pants had that very clue that would have solved the case but I think not. And so it went through the list of the Anthony's "obstructions". Merely an annoying sideshow, but a non-event for the LE and the SA - and a sideshow for the media.

Bill S. who was a criminal lawyer for 30 years said he had never before seen a case with so much circumstantial evidence. What I think went wrong was a very sophisticated prosecution with highly technical evidence and a very unsophisticated jury who have never been called on to engage their common sense and were so unfocused they never did understand what their jury instructions were. And a DT who had figured out just how unsophisticated these folks were. Because more than enough evidence was there.

I agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members