Dr. Sievers' RHHC Medical Practice - Operations & Website

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
New email to patients

Dear Patients and Friends:

At this time, all the requests for medical records that have been received have been processed and mailed out. Restorative Health and Healing Center, LLC will still be the custodian of your medical records as dictated by Florida law.

[/EMAIL]
Not true ...I did not receive my records that I requested from his last email...

Not true ...I did not receive my records that I requested from his last email...

So either he is not being truthful, somehow your request was not filled or he just sent the out, and you have not received them yet. Thanks for the info, helper, and I hope you and all of Dr. Teresa's patients receives their records :blowkiss:.

You should send a "registered, return receipt required letter" so that you have documented proof. This way you have guaranteed delivery they received the request. If it isn't fulfilled, you can file a complaint against MS and the practice through the state and the FL Agency for Health Care Administration.

At this time, all the requests for medical records that have been received have been processed and mailed out. Restorative Health and Healing Center, LLC will still be the custodian of your medical records as dictated by Florida law.

I dont understand. How can they hold records when they are out of business?

New email to patients

Dear Patients and Friends:

Although I would like to speak with each & every one of you personally, I cannot do that at this time so I am sending another email.

It is with a sad heart that I must tell you that we were unsuccessful in finding a like-minded and like-hearted physician to step into the practice. Therefore, we are closing our physical location at: 10201 Arcos Avenue, Suite 201, Estero, FL 33928 as ofOctober 31, 2015.

You may request your records in writing by mailing a signed & dated release including your date of birth, to:

Restorative Health & Healing Center
PO Box 366311
Bonita Springs, FL 34136.

As many of you went through great lengths before finding Dr. Sievers, we urge that you take the same measures when selecting a new physician. You can always check on the licensure status of your prospective doctor by visiting:
http://www.flhealthsource.gov/ and entering his / her name under "verify a license" and select "medical doctor" for MDs or "osteopathic physician" for DOs.

There are many good local physicians, but Dr. Sangeeta Pati in Orlando, Florida truly shared Dr. Sievers extensive and unique approach to healthcare. Dr. Pati is still taking on new patients; however, your initial consult must be in person and all phone calls will be directed through her office at 407.478.9797.

As a reminder, you can still order your supplements as you have in the past (Xymogen # 800.647.6100; this will be indefinite).

I want to take this time to thank all of you for your patience and continued support during this tragic time in our lives. Your thoughts, prayers & positive emails have been and continue to be greatly appreciated by our daughters and myself.
I wish you all the very best on your journey with your future healthcare needs.
Take Care & G-d Bless you all.

Mark Sievers
Info@RHHCenter.com
Let's not forget about them supp-la-ments...lame.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

By physically holding on to the records. In other words, MS can't simply throw away the unclaimed records. Probably stored at the home on Jarvis now based on NIN's insight.

Total arrogance and wanting to be in control...again! If he truly cared, he would reach out to each and every individual patient, personally.
From what I gather, she was running a practice that was specialized where everyone felt important.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

http://www.winknews.com/2015/10/27/estero-office-of-slain-dr-teresa-sievers-to-close/

So sad...the finality of it all. Very hard to fathom the senseless and depraved nature of this horrific crime that ended the life of a brilliant, compassionate mother, sister, friend, left the girls without their mother and patients without their physician like no other. Yet her light still shines in their hearts and her spirit lives on.

By physically holding on to the records. In other words, MS can't simply throw away the unclaimed records. Probably stored at the home on Jarvis now based on NIN's insight.

Legally I would think medical records had certain conditions they had to be stored. Are you saying that is not legally so, or are you implying that he's not following legal standards, or are you implying there are no legal standards for storage of medical records for the state of Florida?

TIA

Just as many of us surmised there was no value in the practice without Dr. Teresa Sievers. Patients went there for her not for any special "new age" medicine. JMO

I believe you mean based on mckazpm' insight, who reported that office items have been moved into the house on Jarvis. :)

It appears he isn't closing the business, only closing the "physical location."

It appears he isn't closing the business, only closing the "physical location."

Due to the nature of the business. I truly feel that he has given everything up besides the name. No one will be coming to that house for holistic treatment nor supplements. It's over. Jmo

I find it creepy that he has patients records at his home. Especially now knowing he has friends in low places. I also think if it had come out about CWW,s past and his connection to the practice it would have damaged her practice. jmo.

I find it creepy that he has patients records at his home. Especially now knowing he has friends in low places. I also think if it had come out about CWW,s past and his connection to the practice it would have damaged her practice. jmo.

BBM

IMO It was a huge betrayal on the part of MS to allow CWW anywhere near the practice. It was a betrayal of his wife and a betrayal of her patients who trusted her. If I ever became aware that a creep like CWW had access to my medical records, I would lose trust in my doctor and leave the practice. Even though TS was apparently unaware of his past, and this was the fault of MS, it was still HER practice, for better or worse. It could have ruined her, which would have been a far sight better than what did happen to her. :(

This case has made me too aware of how one person in a medical setting can do damage to so many. I go to a variety of doctors who are part of a large non-profit organization, and they are all interconnected by computer, so Dr A knows what Dr B has done for me, etc. Our personal information is completely vulnerable to that one unscrupulous person. Ugh.

Legally I would think medical records had certain conditions they had to be stored. Are you saying that is not legally so, or are you implying that he's not following legal standards, or are you implying there are no legal standards for storage of medical records for the state of Florida?
TIA

Medical records have to be securely stored, HIPPA standards absolutely apply. One requirement deals with proper retention of the medical records for a time after the doctor-patient relationship ends. The same rules that applied to the storage of medical records when the business was active, probably apply during the retention period, IIRC is 7 years? I haven't researched whether in FL, storing medical records in locked file cabinets in a garage even temporarily is a violation of MS's duty to retain and safeguard the records.

JMO, if I were MS I would send those files to a company in the business of storing records. Iron Mountain, for example, will pick up boxes of files and store them in a disaster proof area that is completely secure. No worries, no clutter. You can even set a 'destruction' date for when the retention period ends.

I know just what you're saying, but ooh, I hate to tell you, that many doctors (and lawyers) do exactly that. It depends on the size of their practice, why rent a storage unit. And for the immediate future, it is best to keep them nearby where he can have access to make copies, fax, telephone, email, etc. Patient records aside, the business was a business and there's a whole lot of work to close any business and I imagine it's much more complicated when medical or legal records are concerned. State licensing issues, IRS and State tax issues, workman's comp and all related employee and contractor issues, what to do with supplies (if equipment stays with the facility, some or all) utilities, it's a whole separate job closing a business. Different entities require records to be kept X number of years and sometimes you get different answers from different people within the same entity. I speak from experience of opening, operating, selling and closing a residential care facility for the elderly. For MS, there's all this in addition to dealing with the death of his wife, the doctor of the practice and those are other legal/licensing issues. You think you have everything taken care of them whammo! a letter from something that needs form filing or notarization or appointments... I have no clue how some people can just "lock the doors and walk away" from some businesses.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agirlnamedbob
Back