Dr. Sievers' RHHC Medical Practice - Operations & Website

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Why would MS go to the office on the day of TS funeral (July 6)and throw computers into the dumpster unless he was trying to hide something. That is also the day the crime scene tape went back up around the house. Something must have freaked him out that day, maybe in conversations with CWW or the 2nd interview with LE could have made him realize they were on to him because the very next day he lawyers up and refuses to answer any more questions.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

That is not Hiding anything! Hiding something is placing things where u don't think they will be found. Smashing them.. I'm very sure the hard drives were removed the first day of the investigation. JMO

You don't even need a warrant to fetch things from a dumpster--it's considered abandoned property.

The dumpster is located on the medical Building property, not on the street. Is it considered abandoned property because it is inside the dumpster - any dumpster- or because the waste container is supposedly located on the curbside of the street and thus a public location? Would it hold up in court?

I know that trash pulls can establish probable cause and therefore reason to obtaining a search warrant. Not sure if it is sufficient when saying the dumpster was in open view and therefore publicly accessible?

-Nin

The dumpster is located on the medical Building property, not on the street. Is it considered abandoned property because it is inside the dumpster - any dumpster- or because the waste container is supposedly located on the curbside of the street and thus a public location? Would it hold up in court?

I know that trash pulls can establish probable cause and therefore reason to obtaining a search warrant. Not sure if it is sufficient when saying the dumpster was in open view and therefore publicly accessible?

-Nin

It's still perfectly legal to "dumpster dive" in any dumpster, as long as it's not fenced off I would think. Maybe if there's a No trespassing sign on it would be in my feeble mind another reason that you can't?/shouldn't? IDK
But whatever is thrown away I would think would/could be PUBLIC domain?

Could the thrown away computers be an attempt to give CWW an excuse as to why
he was in FL that fatal weekend? Maybe on the way to funeral CWW found out about AW' whining to her mother.

It's still perfectly legal to "dumpster dive" in any dumpster, as long as it's not fenced off I would think. Maybe if there's a No trespassing sign on it would be in my feeble mind another reason that you can't?/shouldn't? IDK

Dmacky, hubs says "my feeble mind" and he is sharp as a tack. I thought he was the only person who used that phrase. What a hoot! I always laugh at him too.

ETA: I am not laughing AT you, I am laughing WITH you.

Could the thrown away computers be an attempt to give CWW an excuse as to why
he was in FL that fatal weekend? Maybe on the way to funeral CWW found out about AW' whining to her mother.
Now that makes sense! Discovery document 3068 says:

Detective Nolan learned that Mark Sievers was discarding computer peripherals from the Sievers' practice in Estero. Detective Nolan and (other LEOs) collected printers, scanners etc, and submitted them into evidence.

Notice it does not say MS was throwing away computers, but that he was throwing away computer peripherals , which made no sense to me, in terms of his hiding evidence. (I know some printers contain memory, but I don't think it saves the kind of data that can be used for anything later...but...IDK for sure.) My first thought was, pfft. He got a paper jam and lost his temper with the printer, no big deal. Except that, there was no mention of MS bringing a new printer into the office, and we know he needed to be printing things just then...but maybe he had two printers already. So, nothing too sinister about throwing away peripherals, probably. Right?

Maybe not. Good thinking, Paulas88! Very sneaky-ish of you.

This makes me think about AH's case out of New Hampshire. LE looked long and hard for a printer that Kibby had used. Turns out (I think, but my memory is not as good as it used to be), he was using it to counterfeit $$ or something like that. IIRC, Kibby dumped it in a river or lake? Anyone remember?

Just a thought, why would MS throw away a computer if he had stripped the hard drive?

This makes me think about AH's case out of New Hampshire. LE looked long and hard for a printer that Kibby had used. Turns out (I think, but my memory is not as good as it used to be), he was using it to counterfeit $$ or something like that. IIRC, Kibby dumped it in a river or lake? Anyone remember?

I'm guessing that like Kirby, MS was worried computer data (from a computer he may have destroyed already) would be traced from the printer data.:jail:

"In some cases, photocopiers and multipurpose scanner/printers contain computer memory from which potentially relevant evidence can be recovered." http://www.wisbar.org/newspublicati...article.aspx?Volume=85&Issue=4&ArticleID=2384

I'm guessing that like Kirby, MS was worried computer data (from a computer he may have destroyed already) would be traced from the printer data.:jail:

"In some cases, photocopiers and multipurpose scanner/printers contain computer memory from which potentially relevant evidence can be recovered." http://www.wisbar.org/newspublicati...article.aspx?Volume=85&Issue=4&ArticleID=2384

I am wondering now, if LE only copied content from the office computer(s), or if they physically removed them as evidence? I have seen them cloning the content before in cases rather than confiscating the computers, so that businesses could continue their daily operations.

Also, what can be equally interesting is information stored in the fax machine, emails, phone numbers, metadata. In addition, multi function printers may operate with a direct email option, so that one can send an email from the panel of the printer. That would require a password to operate and again may store metadata, information without content.

-Nin

Lol. Girl after my own heart.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I am wondering now, if LE only copied content from the office computer(s), or if they physically removed them as evidence? I have seen them cloning the content before in cases rather than confiscating the computers, so that businesses could continue their daily operations.

Also, what can be equally interesting is information stored in the fax machine, emails, phone numbers, metadata. In addition, multi function printers may operate with a direct email option, so that one can send an email from the panel of the printer. That would require a password to operate and again may store metadata, information without content.

-Nin

BBM. I wonder if MS's use of the direct email option is incriminating, if that's what worried him. When I've had to email documents from a printer/scanner/copy machine at my old office, no password was required (option was available).

I'm wondering if LE performed a search of the medical office, it's phone usage, etc.
I'm also theorizing that if MS and CWW had some kind of "gig" going and used the medical office and its business to keep their "business" looking clean. Then TS starts talking divorce and that's what would've put MS and CWW "out of business". MS may have had CWW on a secret "payroll" for whatever reason and through a divorce all that would've ended for both of them. I believe it was within the doc dump where it stated that "MS and sent CWW a long facebook message regarding divorce". I'm interested in seeing every syllable of that message. Also, somewhere within the doc dumps it stated that CWW (It was CWW IIRC) had someone else's driver's license or photo ID on them......wonder if that was used to open banking accounts and if LE checked to see if there were in fact any bank accounts opened under that name by CWW. Just some thoughts that are hitting the fingertips............
Somewhat O/T, but we can now make phone calls directory through FB. My DH gets calls from England all the time.
Not sure who gets charged (if at all), and how traceable these calls are. Perhaps, in addition to burner phones, they may have communicated this way as well.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

To my knowledge, that isn't the proper way to collect computer evidence. The entire system unit is taken into evidence intact. It's standard practice to collect all attached periphery equipment, as well. A copy of the hard drive would be made by a qualified digital forensics examiner. All analysis is then conducted on the copy. The original is kept unaltered.

To my knowledge, that isn't the proper way to collect computer evidence. The entire system unit is taken into evidence intact. It's standard practice to collect all attached periphery equipment, as well. A copy of the hard drive would be made by a qualified digital forensics examiner. All analysis is then conducted on the copy. The original is kept unaltered.

My point is LE has the info from whatever computers they had and I believe
he was tossing out printers and scanners.

I n really can't see tossing computers in your own dumpster if you are trying g to hide something.
Jmo

Why didn't he donate the equipment to another practice or to the Our Mothers House or to his church or something.

Maybe he was totally frustrated since he knew that it was all over. And if he can't use it; Than nobody will. Control.

I n really can't see tossing computers in your own dumpster if you are trying g to hide something.
Jmo

True. But this group of geniuses has done other stupid things. So it's hard to rule it out at this point.

Jmo

What makes this suspect (IMO), is that it was his WIFES funeral that day.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8
Back