Dr. Sievers' RHHC Medical Practice - Operations & Website

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
On Dr Siever's website under POLICIES & FEES you find the yearly closures listed. Two listings, one for the week between Christmas and New Year and one for the 4th week of July.

http://www.drteresasievers.com/new-patient.php#.Vg7WHJWFPo8The

The June vacation was well planned and announced among family members (according to "Duntulum" post and AL, MSM).

So what about the 4th week of July? Was there anything planned? If not, why not? Why did they go on a *short* vacation a month prior to their annual closing? This has been bothering me since the beginning of the case.

I wished Duntulum was back to posting..:loveyou:

-Nin

On Dr Siever's website under POLICIES & FEES you find the yearly closures listed. Two listings, one for the week between Christmas and New Year and one for the 4th week of July.

The June vacation was well planned and announced among family members (according to "Duntulum" post and AL, MSM).

So what about the 4th week of July? Was there anything planned? If not, why not? Why did they go on a *short* vacation a month prior to their annual closing? This has been bothering me since the beginning of the case.

-Nin

BBM

Maybe because the "short" vacation was arranged among many family members and the 4th week of July was not available for some of those people.

Dr, TS charged $400 cash per appt. If she worked 24 hours a week, that is almost 1/2 mil$ a year, right? Not too shabby is it?

Dr, TS charged $400 cash per appt. If she worked 24 hours a week, that is almost 1/2 mil$ a year, right? Not too shabby is it?
I thought the 400 was for new patients, with follow up visits less? Like 200 or 300? 0n my phone so I can't look.

That would be gross, gotta take off expenses, rent, nurse, malpractice insurance, all the other medical office expenses... Gotta pay the IT guy. ..

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I know we know that TS didn't bill insurance, but did she bill patients? Specifically, I'm wondering if the practice only accepted payment up front, at the time services were rendered, or whether they had accounts receivable and billing practices.

There are many reason why I'm wondering, the most interesting (IMO) reason would be that if MS billed patients, wouldn't that be a perfect way to launder money? Bill a fake patient, attribute payments made to business to fake patient.

-Nin

This has always bothered me as well. I could see them going up there when the brother died and then just extending the time spent at the same time while they were already up there. But didn't Theresa's sister say that the vacation was planned well in advance? So that doesn't make sense. I suppose it could have been a mistake on the website, but that doesn't seem very likely.

I think the person died WHILE the family was up in Connecticut on vacation. iirc

I know we know that TS didn't bill insurance, but did she bill patients? Specifically, I'm wondering if the practice only accepted payment up front, at the time services were rendered, or whether they had accounts receivable and billing practices.

There are many reason why I'm wondering, the most interesting (IMO) reason would be that if MS billed patients, wouldn't that be a perfect way to launder money? Bill a fake patient, attribute payments made to business to fake patient.

I think it was cash up front.

I thought the 400 was for new patients, with follow up visits less? Like 200 or 300? 0n my phone so I can't look.

That would be gross, gotta take off expenses, rent, nurse, malpractice insurance, all the other medical office expenses... Gotta pay the IT guy. ..

So go for half, Not bad still. What medical stuff does she need though?

It seems like the retired IT guy was doing great financially, to retire so young? Better than the medical practice even.

It seems like the retired IT guy was doing great financially, to retire so young? Better than the medical practice even.

IDk, if you're doing well financially, do you manufacture and/or sell meth, do you live
in a dilapidated trailer, does you wife work as a waitress to make ends meet while you're incarcerated? I think it was a forced retirement, due to his arrest record.

Former patients of murdered Bonita Springs doctor Teresa Sievers now feel like they're losing their medical records, too.

I really don't like my medical records to be in limbo. That's very personal information. It's very discomforting to know that they're out there.

http://www.nbc-2.com/story/30175147...-death-fret-over-missing-records#.Vg8Qx3kQVY8

It speaks volumes that MS doesn't care to alleviate and put at ease TS patients by responding to their needs. What bigger tribute or testament to her could there be than to assist with the transition? It just isn't right.

And school loans. Not a lot of money IMO.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

And school loans. Not a lot of money IMO.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

How large was her staff? Just one nurse and LS? Or did she also have a receptionist? What about the lab, did one of the lab companies provide her with a full time lab person and equipment? She probably took out a loan to buy exam tables, scales, etc...

And this is why I asked if she had malpractice insurance or if she went "bare".
https://www.quora.com/How-much-on-the-average-does-doctors-malpractice-insurance-cost-in-the-US
Florida is really high for internists if this accurate. Can't imagine what it costs for an OBG in Florida...

This gives a general idea of practice costs. I'm sure this office isn't as swanky, the doc accepts Medicare and he has two NP's.
http://money.cnn.com/2010/03/04/news/economy/medicare_doctor_costs/

It speaks volumes that MS doesn't care to alleviate and put at ease TS patients by responding to their needs. What bigger tribute or testament to her could there be than to assist with the transition? It just isn't right.

Totally agree. He was able to try to keep the practice going, but not to take care of the current patients. If he weren't working as his wife's office manager, he might have had (at most) a week's bereavement leave, and then he would have to either use up sick leave or vacation.

It has been three months, and he is not even answering the phone; he could at least record a message instructing people how to get their records. Kind of weird to expect everyone TS treated not to go on with their lives.

How large was her staff? Just one nurse and LS? Or did she also have a receptionist? What about the lab, did one of the lab companies provide her with a full time lab person and equipment? She probably took out a loan to buy exam tables, scales, etc...

And this is why I asked if she had malpractice insurance or if she went "bare".
https://www.quora.com/How-much-on-the-average-does-doctors-malpractice-insurance-cost-in-the-US
Florida is really high for internists if this accurate. Can't imagine what it costs for an OBG in Florida...

This gives a general idea of practice costs. I'm sure this office isn't as swanky, the doc accepts Medicare and he has two NP's.
http://money.cnn.com/2010/03/04/news/economy/medicare_doctor_costs/

Great point. Thank you for the link. Yikes, I hope she had some sort of malpractice insurance.
http://www.nbcnews.com/id/5234637/n...g-without-malpractice-insurance/#.Vg8pZBMUXdQ - it's an old article, but very interesting regarding the financial setup between the husband and wife in the article. He even says "good thing they get along" whooboy, potential for problems, big time.

LS wasn't on staff and I don't believe she would be contract, either. I think they use the term "partner" rather loosely and it benefits LS (not TS in my mind) by lending LS an air of credibility where there would be none without the association of TS, MD. Call it a team, perhaps.

Also LS is not a medical professional and therefore does not see patients- she has clients like any other massage therapist... or psychic. That bugs me. They're called clients.

My personal opinion + two cents and a healthy dose of bugaboo.

In addition to that, she had speaking engagements, was working on getting the tv gig, selling supplements, earning probable referral fees... her professional life was very, very busy.

note: anyone else having troubles posting? I originally posted this, but it showed under another quote entirely. :/ I then tried to post to a different quote and it was having other troubles.

Mods: please forgive any duplicate posts - not my intention

Where I lived, there are many , many doctors and they have fabulous homes and send their kids to private schools often. Unless they are an alternative doctor of which there are none now, they all take insurance . I had never heard of no insurance except for one alternative doc.

It seems like docs should move to Minnesota and have a darn good life , except for winter.

The University of Minnesota has an alternative med program. The Mayo clinic has massage therapists. Clinics have Feldenkrais. No one considers it radical.

Where I lived, there are many , many doctors and they have fabulous homes and send their kids to private schools often. Unless they are an alternative doctor of which there are none now, they all take insurance . I had never heard of no insurance except for one alternative doc.

It seems like docs should move to Minnesota and have a darn good life , except for winter.

The University of Minnesota has an alternative med program. The Mayo clinic has massage therapists. Clinics have Feldenkrais. No one considers it radical.

Her practice was so different from other doctors... most doctors work in partnership with other doctors, so the overhead is shared, and they are working 40 hrs per week, not part time, and seeing maybe 4, 5, 6, maybe more patients an hour to her one. Way more profitable.

It's odd... so much about the practice says they were trying to maximize profit, but when I stop to think about it, she could have made a lot more money. Jeez, she could have more then doubled her bring home just by working full time.

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
softhunterstech
Back