Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a 20/20 s
What would you guys recommend to get up to speed with the case?

Wade though the discovery? Or just wait for prosecution opening? I read a bit of the discovery thread and realised I had read a lot of this before. The whole business with the hitmen driving to Florida and leaving a trail of evidence.

What dummies

Wade though the discovery? Or just wait for prosecution opening? I read a bit of the discovery thread and realised I had read a lot of this before. The whole business with the hitmen driving to Florida and leaving a trail of evidence.

What dummies

There was a 20/20 segment done a while back but was really just fluff and heavily biased toward MS. I couldn’t finish it.

After Sievers murder case split, it's unclear who will be on trial first

The October trial is on schedule in a murder case connected to the death of Bonita Springs doctor Teresa Sievers, but who will be on trial has yet to be determined.
[.....]
The attorney representing Mark Sievers indicated that the decision to divide the trial changes their strategy, requires additional witnesses to be hired and deposed, and leaves them requesting a continuance from the court.

Attorneys working on behalf of Jimmy Rodgers told the judge they were as prepared as they could before trial, despite the recent release of additional documents related to trace evidence and DNA details from FBI analytics. In prior court hearings, the state indicated those findings from the FBI were likely positive for the defense.

I find the separation of the trials a bit odd but it seems this is just my NZ experience and this is more usual in the US.

IMO they should be tried together as the entire prosecution case is that MS is the mastermind and Rodgers the hired help

Both ultimately need to refute that proposition and will do so via cut throat defences.

IMO it gets quite silly if they can blame each other in separate trials but there we have it!

What dummies
Hiya MrJitty, bbm. you asked about a pertinent source (reading/video) to get up to speed on this case...and then wrote, "....
the hitmen driving to Florida and leaving a trail of evidence.
What dummies"
That's a pretty good summation. Hmmm, I'm thinking you are already up to speed:D:D:D:D:D!!
Something about the Florida Walmart surveillance photos of the interstate Ninja assassins stopping to pick up souvenirs makes the word "dummies" abundantly appropriate.
upload_2019-8-28_1-17-37.jpeg

So it might look like Rodgers trial before Sievers....
Great observation NINER. That would be the logical sequence. I think getting a conviction against JRR first is essential. MS's attorneys get more delay time, forensic info, see how jurors respond to CWW testimony and strengths/weaknesses in prosecution's case. Something about "that" doesn't seem fair. Frankly, I feel odd using the term "fair" when it comes to prosecuting men who attacked/conspired and killed a beautiful young Mother.

Hiya MrJitty, bbm. you asked about a pertinent source (reading/video) to get up to speed on this case...and then wrote, "....
the hitmen driving to Florida and leaving a trail of evidence.
What dummies"
That's a pretty good summation. Hmmm, I'm thinking you are already up to speed:D:D:D:D:D!!
Something about the Florida Walmart surveillance photos of the interstate Ninja assassins stopping to pick up souvenirs makes the word "dummies" abundantly appropriate.
View attachment 200495

I am pretty sure i couldn't sleep one night a couple of years back and ended up reading some threads - but now I can't figure out what i read :D

The fact that they created a murder trial was pretty stupid.

Didn't the rental car also tie them to the murders?

Attachments

Oh LEGALLY BLAND... great info! As the list of "requested exclusions" of evidence and photos from the crime scene grows, I have been wondering (for days!) if MS's attorneys do not want the picture of the shredding machine and the documents that were halfway-shredded??? I enlarged the picture and noticed a partially shredded "Long Term Disability Policy" sticking out of the top of the machine. (Hopefully my eyes/recollections are not deceiving me ;)) It looked as if the thickness of the policy jammed up the shredder. Just thinking out loud here now and injecting my personal opinion....But isn't amazing MS decided his spouse no longer needed a Long Term Disability Policy?? I wonder if some of the evidence will be the date he quit paying on the disability policy? Hmmm, and yet he kept 4 million in life insurance policies in force.
For Pete's sake, if he was not involved in the crime, why would he want ANY photos of the crime scene ommitted? Wouldn't a husband want any and all information released if it helped to convict the killers of his children's Mother??? (I guess he could accuse CWW & JRR of messing up his office and jamming his shredder, too!)

And jmo, but Sievers is a wimp. He hired 2 idiots that didn't have the brains to turn of their phones. And Sievers is also stupid to throw away equipment in an outside business trash bin knowing that LE could be around. I feel like this is a rerun of the original 3 stooges show. Oh yes, ppl must swim after a funeral for a loved one. I will say it again, guilty!

And another motion, this time to exclude crime scene evidence.

https://matrix.leeclerk.org/Cases/Search
LB immense thanks for the link. I decided to read it (in depth) even though Teresa's name was "blacked out"/redacted over and over again. I find the "redacting" of the deceased's name abhorrent... almost as if they are trying to totally erase her identity. (Personally, I wanted to scream, she has a name and it isn't Jane Doe or victim!!) They also don't want details on defensive wounds, how Teresa was killed or photos of the aftermath either. Basically, they (ie defense) admits (or is "a given") that CWW was there and committed the murder....but now prove MS is involved. Ugh, anyone have an idea on how a judge will rule on these requests? I think "this strategy" will backfire on the defense. If the defense wants to paint CWW as a maniacal mastermind monster who did this all on his own volition, then leave the photos in!! Let the world see what this creep did! Oh yeah, one little draw back....he is MS's endearing lifelong friend, brother-at-heart, who would do anything for Mark. Hmmm, I may have to rethink this.:(:(

Last edited:
Great observation NINER. That would be the logical sequence. I think getting a conviction against JRR first is essential. MS's attorneys get more delay time, forensic info, see how jurors respond to CWW testimony and strengths/weaknesses in prosecution's case. Something about "that" doesn't seem fair. Frankly, I feel odd using the term "fair" when it comes to prosecuting men who attacked/conspired and killed a beautiful young Mother.

It is possible that JR could reach a deal and turn on Sievers and even CWW. I still think JR knows more than we realize.

Oh LEGALLY BLAND... great info! As the list of "requested exclusions" of evidence and photos from the crime scene grows, I have been wondering (for days!) if MS's attorneys do not want the picture of the shredding machine and the documents that were halfway-shredded??? I enlarged the picture and noticed a partially shredded "Long Term Disability Policy" sticking out of the top of the machine. (Hopefully my eyes/recollections are not deceiving me ;)) It looked as if the thickness of the policy jammed up the shredder. Just thinking out loud here now and injecting my personal opinion....But isn't amazing MS decided his spouse no longer needed a Long Term Disability Policy?? I wonder if some of the evidence will be the date he quit paying on the disability policy? Hmmm, and yet he kept 4 million in life insurance policies in force.
For Pete's sake, if he was not involved in the crime, why would he want ANY photos of the crime scene ommitted? Wouldn't a husband want any and all information released if it helped to convict the killers of his children's Mother??? (I guess he could accuse CWW & JRR of messing up his office and jamming his shredder, too!)
Great memory IQ. I'd totally forgotten about that.
MLDis2.JPG
MLDis1.JPG
Mark's Office - Google Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads