Dr. Teresa Sievers Trial Discussion - Mark Sievers and Jimmy Rodgers

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
While I’ve not had time to catch up here on Juror selection, I have concern that many may not feel the DP should be given.... like some may feel personally intimidated at the thought of voting for the DP when the time comes. Hope I’m wrong but I see so much now in our society, it’s like ‘no consequences’ appropriately handed out. Need to go back and read thru all Tweets posted here.

Monday, October 7th:
*Trial Call Hearing (@ 8:30am ET) – FL – Dr. Teresa Ann Grace Sievers (46) (June 29, 2015, Bonita Springs) – for *Mark D. Sievers (50) arrested & charged (2/26/16) & indicted (5/4/16) with 1st degree premeditated murder & conspiracy to commit 1st degree premeditated murder. Plead not guilty. No bond. DA will seek DP.
Trial was set to begin 10/1/19-severed (8/21/19) no further date.
Court hearings from 8/22/19 to 10/1/19 reference post #619 here:
Dr. Teresa Sievers Trial Discussion - Mark Sievers and Jimmy Rodgers, 3 June 2019
10/1/19 Update: Next court date is 10/7 for trial call.
AND:
*Jury Selection Continues (Day 5) (@ 8:30am ET) - for *Jimmy Ray Rodgers (28) arrested & charged (2/23/16) & arraigned (5/5/16) with 1st degree premeditated murder with a weapon, conspiracy to commit 1st degree premeditated murder & burglary. Plead not guilty. No bond. DA will seek DP.
Trial started on 10/1/19 – with jury selection. Trial expected to last 4 to 5 weeks.
Court hearings from 1/25/19 thru 10/3/19 reference post #619 here:
Dr. Teresa Sievers Trial Discussion - Mark Sievers and Jimmy Rodgers, 3 June 2019

10/4/19 Day 4 Jury Selection: Round 2: 20 people questioned. Lunch. 12 people more to go of the 20. 2 have been excused. After lunch, 1 person excused for hardship & 1 against DP. Jury selection is done... for the day. Wrapped up just before 6:30pm. Have more questioning scheduled for Monday 10/7 & Tuesday, 10/8. About 60 potential jurors were left at the beginning of phase two of selection, during which they were questioned about their beliefs on the death penalty. This phase is expected to last at least three and a half days in court as all the jurors have to be brought into the courtroom individually to answer capital punishment-related questions. The final phase of selection is expected to finish next Wednesday or Thursday. But Monday 10/7 will start with a quick hearing for Sievers.
*Curtis Wayne Wright, Jr. (41) arrested (10/14/15) & charged (10/20/15) & indicted (5/5/16) with 2nd degree premeditated murder. Plead not guilty. No bond.
Took plea deal (2/26/16) plead guilty to 2nd degree murder; serving 25 years, waives all rights to appeal. Will testify at trials. Sentencing on 12/2.

Question... if JR happens to deal before his trial begins, will MS’s jury be selected from this group or will he have a brand new group brought in to question?
"if JR happens to deal before his trial begins"???? I just got a chance to review some video and JRR's attorney (male defense atty) kept saying emphatically, "Jimmy Rogers maintains his innocence and has from day one."
Uh, ok. And the prosecution has objected to the use of those words. Is JRR riding a slippery slope? Is his defense going to be he is a chronic liar who went on a weekend drive with CWW to Florida...but was not a participant in the murder? Or, is it that he broke into the home, but did not form the intent to commit murder? JRR, IMO...that doesn't make you innocent. I guess that "would be" a pretty good defense (lessening prison time) but, I think the DNA evidence is going to tell a different story. (Ya' know...the "I was just the getaway-driver-during-the-bank-robbery-and-didn't -know-they-shot-someone.")
Even if JRR claims he gave his overalls to CWW to wear....why would JRR take back his work overalls with blood all over them? My point? Anybody else getting "a sense of his possible defense."?

Last edited:
Jaclyn Bevis

@jbevis10

·
22m

Judge just announced to court he released the potential jurors for lunch already. His morning docket is taking too long so jury questions won't begin until 1pm. Also, one potential juror didn't show up. #trialtweets #jimmyrodgersontrial #teresasievers #nbc2courtcoverage

BBM. I hope they have a good reason.

I do not know what the consequences would be if a juror skipped jury duty in FL but the penalty here is not so harsh. Also, the court should have reassigned some cases to other judges so he could get this process going.

"if JR happens to deal before his trial begins"???? I just got a chance to review some video and JRR's attorney (male defense atty) kept saying emphatically, "Jimmy Rogers maintains his innocence and has from day one."
Uh, ok. And the prosecution has objected to the use of those words. Is JRR riding a slippery slope? Is his defense going to be he is a chronic liar who went on a weekend drive with CWW to Florida...but was not a participant in the murder? Or, is it that he broke into the home, but did not form the intent to commit murder? JRR, IMO...that doesn't make you innocent. I guess that "would be" a pretty good defense (lessening prison time) but, I think the DNA evidence is going to tell a different story. (Ya' know...the "I was just the getaway-driver-during-the-bank-robbery-and-didn't -know-they-shot-someone."
Even if JRR claims he gave his overalls to CWW to wear....why would JRR take back his work overalls with blood all over them? My point? Anybody else getting "a sense of his possible defense."?

He might plea this week . He might want to waste time so he can get out of his vacation cell. It's a long shot but hoping he takes the plea because he wont be getting out at all from whatever street he takes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR Sleuth