Dr. Teresa Sievers Trial Discussion - Mark Sievers and Jimmy Rodgers

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I often wonder as the potential jurors come back, how many really could serve but just do not want to and find reasons not to serve on the jury...just how many talked it over with family and friends to figure out a good excuse to give. Have seen it happen...hope they get enough jurors...

JRR needs to take the plea bargain offered and go off to state prison. I'm sure he knows it won't be as comfy as federal was. He definitely won't be as comfortable as he's been sitting in an air conditioned jail house. Prisons in Florida don't have a/c. I want to see MS without a smug look on his face sweating it out as he sits there facing the DP. IMO JMO

JRR needs to take the plea bargain offered and go off to state prison. I'm sure he knows it won't be as comfy as federal was. He definitely won't be as comfortable as he's been sitting in an air conditioned jail house. Prisons in Florida don't have a/c. I want to see MS without a smug look on his face sweating it out as he sits there facing the DP. IMO JMO
I am hoping he will change his mind but I think he wants to beat the charges. Pretty sure they will paint him as being forced to do it over some past debt or favor and use his poor childhood as a picture. Since the beginning I have always wanted Mark to get rid of his smug look. He was the mastermind who planned all of this...

Tuesday, October 8th:
*Jury Selection Continues (Day 6) (@ 8:30am ET) - *Jimmy Ray Rodgers (28) arrested & charged (2/23/16) & arraigned (5/5/16) with 1st degree premeditated murder with a weapon, conspiracy to commit 1st degree premeditated murder & burglary. Plead not guilty. No bond. DA will seek DP.
Trial set to begin 10/1/19 – with jury selection. Trial expected to last 4 to 5 weeks.
Court hearings for Jury Selection (Day 1 to 3) from 1/25/19 thru 10/3/19 reference post #619 here:
Dr. Teresa Sievers Trial Discussion - Mark Sievers and Jimmy Rodgers, 3 June 2019

10/4/19 Day 4 Jury Selection: Round 2: 20 people questioned. Lunch. 12 people more to go of the 20. 2 have been excused. After lunch, 1 person excused for hardship & 1 against DP. Jury selection is done... for the day. Wrapped up just before 6:30pm. Have more questioning scheduled for Monday 10/7 & Tuesday, 10/8. About 60 potential jurors were left at the beginning of phase two of selection, during which they were questioned about their beliefs on the death penalty. This phase is expected to last at least three and a half days in court as all the jurors have to be brought into the courtroom individually to answer capital punishment-related questions. The final phase of selection is expected to finish next Wednesday or Thursday. But Monday 10/7 will start with a quick hearing for Sievers.
10/7/19 Day 5 Jury Selection: Jurors will show up at 10:30 am for more questioning. Judge just announced to court he released the potential jurors for lunch already. His morning docket is taking too long so jury questions won't begin until 1pm. Also, one potential juror didn't show up. Judge bringing in half of today's crew now to send them home. The judge has addressed the no show juror on Monday. He asked that she be contacted and told that she must be in court Tuesday at 8:30. The judge asked the state and defense if there is any other action they want him to take in regards to this potential juror. They say no. The judge says there are 24 potential jurors remaining to be questioned in phase two of the selection process. 12 of those are being questioned Monday afternoon, and the other 12 on Tuesday, 10/8. Other potential jurors from last week were asked to return Tuesday at 1:30 p.m. There is no court on Wednesday, and jury selection is likely to continue into Thursday, and possibly Friday.
*Mark D. Sievers (50) – Next Trial Call hearing on 10/14.
*Curtis Wayne Wright, Jr.
(41) arrested (10/14/15) & charged (10/20/15) & indicted (5/5/16) with 2nd degree premeditated murder. Plead not guilty. No bond.
Took plea deal (2/26/16) plead guilty to 2nd degree murder; serving 25 years, waives all rights to appeal. Will testify at trials. Sentencing on 12/2.

Update:

Monday, October 7th:
*Trial Call Hearing (@ 8:30am ET) – FL – Dr. Teresa Ann Grace Sievers (46) (June 29, 2015, Bonita Springs) – *Mark D. Sievers (50) arrested & charged (2/26/16) & indicted (5/4/16) with 1st degree premeditated murder & conspiracy to commit 1st degree premeditated murder. Plead not guilty. No bond. DA will seek DP.
Trial was set to begin 10/1/19-severed (8/21/19) no further date for trial yet.
Court hearings from 8/22/19 to 10/1/19 reference post #619 here:
Dr. Teresa Sievers Trial Discussion - Mark Sievers and Jimmy Rodgers, 3 June 2019

10/1/19 Update: Next court date is 10/7 for trial call.
10/7/19 Update: Next Trial call hearing on 10/14 at 8:30am if things change with JR.
*Jimmy Ray Rodgers (28) – Jury Selection ongoing.
*Curtis Wayne Wright, Jr. (41) arrested (10/14/15) & charged (10/20/15) & indicted (5/5/16) with 2nd degree premeditated murder. Plead not guilty. No bond. Took plea deal (2/26/16) plead guilty to 2nd degree murder; serving 25 years, waives all rights to appeal. Will testify at trials. Sentencing on 12/2.

MS’s trial would have an entirely separate jury pool than JR. None of these jurors will be considered for MS. That wouldn’t be a fair trial.

No it would be a whole new group. The people questioning this group of jurors are for this trial, the state and JR’s attorneys. They will have to start the process over with new jurors and allow MS’s attorneys to do the death qualification for his case.

Jaclyn Bevis (@jbevis10) Tweeted:
Judge Kyle has one special set hearing for #othercases this morning because the 13 potential jurors for today come up for questioning. #trialtweets #jimmyrodgersontrial #teresasievers #nbc2courtcoverage

Jaclyn Bevis on Twitter

Potential juror one for the day saying they could not recommend death. #trialtweets #teresasievers #jimmyrodgersontrial #nbc2courtcoverage

Jaclyn Bevis on Twitter

Defense still questioning potential juror #1 for the day in the event she's not super firm. She didn't say she was opposed to it 100% but said she's not comfortable with it. #trialtweets #jimmyrodgersontrial #teresasievers #nbc2courtcoverage

Jaclyn Bevis on Twitter

Wow, I Didn't know that Many Florida prisons don't have air conditioning (not all)

Reminder: It's 2019 and Most Florida Prisons Still Aren't Air-Conditioned

While new prisons are designed with air-conditioning, most of Florida's existing facilities "were built prior to air-conditioning being commonplace but were designed to facilitate airflow that provides natural cooling,

Prison Inmates Endure Summer Heat without Air Conditioning

of the 59 major correctional institutions in the state, the Florida Department of Corrections says only 18 of them have A/C in most of the housing areas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR Sleuth