Dr. Teresa Sievers Trial Discussion - Mark Sievers and Jimmy Rodgers

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Off topic: I have been giggling a lot when they say, "Buccal swab." I kept hearing "buckle swab" and wondering how many people still have buckle's on their shoes today? Then finally....I am embarrassingly dense at times.... I realized I had never learned to pronounce the word correctly. I always thought is was pronounce "buuu-call" like the way you pronounce vacuum with the long u sound and the last syllable like "call" me. Anyways, I am learning a lot watching this case....but I hate the huddling with JRR & his defense team. It seems as if JRR's defense team is the party who is initiating all the huddles, too.

Off topic: I have been giggling a lot when they say, "Buccal swab." I kept hearing "buckle swab" and wondering how many people still have buckle's on their shoes today? Then finally....I am embarrassingly dense at times.... I realized I had never learned to pronounce the word correctly. I always thought is was pronounce "buuu-call" like the way you pronounce vacuum with the long u sound and the last syllable like "call" me. Anyways, I am learning a lot watching this case....but I hate the huddling with JRR & his defense team. It seems as if JRR's defense team is the party who is initiating all the huddles, too.
JR's team helped drag justice out for 4 years so far and it feels like they are doing everything in their power to make it 5 or 6.

The state did great today but the other side had me mad and crying. I really sank when the other PD asked for a mistrial. My fear that MS's delayed judgment day will get further. I still cant believe his lawyer wanted to start in January. No sir, the best Christmas present to me will be for your client to be in prison!

One two buccal my shoe! Yes, the huddling takes up so much time and is super frustrating. The defense is trying so hard to defend JRR with their "side bars" and objections, as they dont have much to work with. At the end of the day JRR's guilt still shines through. I like the judge though. He looks like he doing his best to be patient. Hamid Hunter is doing a good job as well as he is able to get objected testimony in.

Was wondering if anybody recognized the guy in the audience wearing a blue long sleeve knit jacket? Could he be CWW's brother? Yesterday, I noticed he was intently listening to the female FBI agent. I detected hostility, and attempting to intimidate. I bet there are members of the MO gang, as well as family members of the accused, collecting intel on what is being said at JRR's trial, so that CWW and MS can prepare or adjust their stories, accordingly. I've also noticed a lady that had been sitting behind JRR the past few days, who looks like she could be related to JRR.
@Arachne 1 , the guy you are asking about is Jimmy’s brother, Jackie Rodgers. None of Wayne’s family is present.

Is the state paying these lawyers for JRR's defense? Why does he need to have four of them, to me that's uncalled for. JMO

I agree! It really grinds me that he has 4 lawyers and that us citizens are ultimately paying for it. I also was thinking how JRR is in a different county jail (Collier) and is he being transported back and forth every day??? 4 lawyers, free rides and free food. I pray everyday for justice for TS and her family.

I agree! It really grinds me that he has 4 lawyers and that us citizens are ultimately paying for it. I also was thinking how JRR is in a different county jail (Collier) and is he being transported back and forth every day??? 4 lawyers, free rides and free food. I pray everyday for justice for TS and her family.
My sister from another mother....u have been missed!

Thank you sweet Mama! I have missed you too! Hurricane Irma through us for a loop, and we ultimately ended up moving out of BS, a little north so it's been kind of crazy. RL and all that! I sincerely appreciate all of your updates since the trial began. :)
Hopefully it has been calmer for you. the last few days in this trial has been a freak show , defense wise.

Random thoughts - I think the judge is doing a FABULOUS job with this trial. That man has the patience of a saint!

I actually have talked to 2 different people that live here in Lee County this week that have never even heard about this case! That shocks me because it is on our news constantly! When I told hubby, he said, "and here you are, having read every SINGLE text message and EVERYTHING else" (Yup) and I say - so have my websleuthers. :)

Hi, all!
I’ve lived in Bonita my whole 35 years, and I have been obsessed with this case from day one, thought her husband was involved somehow from day one, and have been following it all on this website from day one, even though I’ve never posted anything. Just a thank you for all you all do, and for keeping people like me in the know! Hoping and praying justice is right around the corner...

Hopefully it has been calmer for you. the last few days in this trial has been a freak show , defense wise.

RL has calmed down a bit for us. 2 new grandsons - 1 in March 2018 and 1 in June 2019. They have a 6 year old brother.

Which reminds me - the defense acts very much like our toddler grandson, who is 1-1/2. He has temper tantrums when he doesn't get his way and will bang his head (doc says that's normal) and when I see her whine, I think of the toddler.

Hi, all!
I’ve lived in Bonita my whole 35 years, and I have been obsessed with this case from day one, thought her husband was involved somehow from day one, and have been following it all on this website from day one, even though I’ve never posted anything. Just a thank you for all you all do, and for keeping people like me in the know! Hoping and praying justice is right around the corner...

Welcome Poptart3 (love the name)! I lived in BS for almost 4 years and we lived about 1 mile from Jarvis Road. I too have been obsessed with this case since day 1. I also hope and pray for justice every day. :-)

Hey NIN... but didn’t she mention those same things yesterday? So much back & forth with her complaining but I do remember her talking ‘raw data’, ‘dna’ & maybe ‘additional files’ (?). Then after being told it was all sent to defense she whined she couldn’t access it OR all of it. Her complaint was they received it but not all of it, though it was actually all sent.
Nin, please correct me if I’m wrong, was watching it last night.

Now I think we all know... and I’m no big techie, but don’t tell me a defense team couldn’t recognize why they were having trouble accessing a file sent, such as this, and proceed like ‘flies on ####’. Info this important, they’d wanna jump on that quick.... unless they can’t ‘remedy’ an expected release in court. Everything they do is on a device... in attachments, files, etc doing downloads and uploads and what not. I could mention other loads here but I digress.
Yeah, the white haired lady in the shawl. I noticed her too. Just like the defense has ‘styled’ JRR... all marketing. While the stepmom may have chosen to be there, I think most here may agree she was recruited by the defense—it is their job to present the best for their client.

The 'raw data' debacle continued first thing this morning. Bruce Kyle asked the ladies whether they had a chance to meet last night..:D ..and Kathleen read of her notes. So far I only found it captured on the Law&Crime Network YT channel:

Hope it is okay to post the YT link. If not, just google Jimmy Rodgers Trial 4 Proffer of Linda Otterstatter..yes, she was called in again. ;--)

All IMO

-Nin

RL has calmed down a bit for us. 2 new grandsons - 1 in March 2018 and 1 in June 2019. They have a 6 year old brother.

Which reminds me - the defense acts very much like our toddler grandson, who is 1-1/2. He has temper tantrums when he doesn't get his way and will bang his head (doc says that's normal) and when I see her whine, I think of the toddler.

Agree. And in the end we will witness lots of banging heads.
Just sayin’!

Just listening to Fitzgeorge early on today at the beginning concerning what she says defense did not receive... now she says they didn’t receive “all that I asked for” vs just receiving all of it. 1 - Why didn’t she say that yesterday?; and 2 - (again) Why did they not attempt to get the proper software to open received info OR at least make it clear to the court that they couldn’t access upon receiving it... way back then? Unless they just received like last Friday which I doubt (but don’t know).
Delay-DELAY-DELAY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member