Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Herald-News ‏@Joliet_HN
Jurors are in, and the state calls Dr. Mary Case.

Stacy St. Clair ‏@StacyStClair
Dr. Case is here to rebut defense expert assertion that she primarily deals with children's brains.

Ruth Ravve ‏@RuthRavve
#DrewPeterson Dr Case on the stand, says most of her autopsies are done on adults, also consults w/other pathologists on adult brains

In Session The jurors enter the courtroom, and the prosecution calls its next rebuttal witness: forensic pathologist Dr. Mary Case. She is questioned by prosecutor Glasgow. “When it comes to brains, most of my autopsies are run of the mill people. Of the 11,000 autopsies I’ve done, the great majority are adults.” “You’ve had a chance to read Dr. Jentzen’s testimony in this case?” “I did.” Prosecutor Glasgow tries to ask Dr. Case about Dr. Jentzen’s statement about Savio’s brain injury. But before he can finish it, the parties go to a sidebar.

Is it worth pointing out that Stacy told these people about DP killing Kathleen before the police started re-investigating Kathleen's death and it changed from accident to homicide?

I mean it was Stacy's disappearance that led to all this so Stacy had to have said these things before she vanished. Hard to put this in the right words - but it wasn't until after Stacy disappeared that this got opened back up, so what's the chances (no pure chance pun intended) she made it up and now so many people believe it's true?

Somebody word this correctly so it makes more sense, please?!!

Ouch, Abbie! Very good point -- it has been nagging at me ever since I found out that she was found in an empty tub. I'm sure the majority of tubs will eventually leak out the water that they hold, but yes -- how long would it take for this one? I guess once one of the LEO's said accidental drowning, then it was Sayonara "accident" scene -- let's go have a beer.

IMO, whether a tub leaks water depends on what type of stopper is used. I can't stand the push kind because they often do not close properly. It's been a long time since I have used the screw down type. Right now I use a flat rubber stopper and when secured properly it will not leak any water. The water would have to evaporate for the tub to empty and that wouldn't happen in 24-48 or 72 hours.

The jury was never presented with info on the type of tub stopper and info on the tub were they? I have missed some of the trial, so unsure what if anything came in about the tub with regards to water and draining.

In Session The sidebar ends. Once again, the witness is asked about Dr. Jentzen’s testimony. “Could you explain the problem you see with that statement?” “With a loss of consciousness, there may or may not be see signs of injury in the cranial cavity . . . my understanding of the statement is that my testimony was that every loss of consciousness would cause you to find something at autopsy, which is just not true.” The witness is then asked about one of the books written by Dr. Vincent DiMaio. The attorneys then approach for a sidebar.

Case objects to #drewpeterson expert who said it's unbelievable to say anyone who passes out would have brain trauma Case says not her words

Stacy adopted Tom and Kristopher and two of her own. Legally, she could have taken them all away as is now being discussed on InSession. We all know of her difficult background growing up and her relationship with Drew when she was way under age.

If she were alive today, she would be around 28! Peterson preyed on her and she had to grow up very fast. I can forgive her about anything because she was used and abused all her life. One thing is for sure, she would have done whatever nexessary to secure those children's safety. She just lacked world experience and was incredibly naive. She never would have abandoned her 4 children.

When she talked to Smith and Schori, she was looking for solutions. It's too bad neither of them got the whole story from her or offered her solid advice in a bad situation.

Her "game" of marriage to Drew and his goading her to go against Kathleen with youthful taunts were part of the growing -up process. Drew was the master manipulator of all things.

I dare say that Kathleen's death was a shocking wake-up call to young Stacy. If only she had a chance to escape.

You took the words right out of my mouth when it comes to Stacy. She was very immature and I'm sure Drew used that to give himself a huge power boost.

Oh please. :please: Do not let this predator out in the public again!

If Stacy ran off with another man where is the corresponding missing run-away guy? Anyone reported him missing yet?

#drewpeterson trial resumes with defense atty. Goldberg motioning to keep state pathology expert Mary Case off stand

Have there been any prosecution witnesses the defense hasn't whined about??????:bigfight:

Between the names Greenberg and Goldberg, it's driving me nuts!

Case is clarifying her earlier testimony after Dr. Jentzen referred to it on the stand for the defense. Very technical.

Ruth Ravve ‏@RuthRavve
#DrewPeterson Case disagrees with Dr Jensen says this type of injury couldn't happen w/just a fall in the tub

Ruth Ravve ‏@RuthRavve
#DrewPeterson Case says this type of injury, like Savio had, is often caused by major trauma, a short fall couldn't cause it

Jurors are in, and the state calls Dr. Mary Case.

Dr. Case is here to rebut defense expert assertion that she primarily deals with children's brains.

Ruth Ravve ‏@RuthRavve
#DrewPeterson Dr Case on the stand, says most of her autopsies are done on adults, also consults w/other pathologists on adult brains

Maybe after this trial she can consult on the 'adult' brain the DT appears to be sharing.

Sorry. My bad. :slap:

In Session The sidebar ends. “Doctor, could you explain diffuse axonal injury?” “Yes, it’s created by inertial brain motion; the brain is caused to move separately from the head . . . the container is more rigid. If very forceful motion is applied, your brain can move separately . . . when that kind of motion is made of the brain, there is also a type of hemorrhage created in the brain called subdural hemorrhage.” Objection/Sustained. “What types of falls would create a diffuse axonal injury?” “Usually it’s from a motor vehicle accident . .. very few falls, unless they’re from a great height. A regular fall would not generate sufficient force to cause a diffuse axonal injury.” “Do you have an opinion, based on the scene in this case, whether or not a person of her height could fall and sustain a diffuse axonal injury?” Objection/Sustained. “We do not see diffuse axonal injury outside of very specific types of trauma.” That concludes the direct examination.

Justice Café ‏@facsmiley
#drewpeterson trial stats to date. Sidebars: 189 (Defense – 81, State – 60, Judge – 48). Jurors have been sent from room 96 times so far

96 poptarted jurors in court. We'll sit 'em down, turn 'em around, march 'em back out, so the defense can pout, 96 poptarted jurors in court.

In Session Attorney Goldberg begins his cross. “Last week, when we spoke, I asked you about Mary Case, Inc.?” “Yes.” Objection/Sustained. The defense asks for a sidebar.

Ruth Ravve ‏@RuthRavve
#DrewPeterson Defense cross of Case, asks how much money she's made thru testimony ($350/hr).

Kara Oko ‏@KaraOko
Dr. Case has made $8,000 so far working this case - she charges $350/hour for testimony, discounted from the usual $650/hour

Geeez...they're really reaching now.....good grief.

In Session The sidebar ends. The witness is asked about the amount of money she’s billed the prosecutor’s office in this case. “I don’t charge for preparation. Any work that I do is charged at the rate of $350 an hour. That’s half the rate I normally charge; any government employee gets that price.” “But you are billing roughly $8,000?” “Yes.” “You told the jury that if Ms. Savio had suffered DAI you would never see that at autopsy?” “You would not be able to see it unless she survived for about two and a half hours.” “In your opinion, when Ms. Savio drowned it was well less than two and a half hours?” “She didn’t linger for two hours.” “So you wouldn’t expect to see DAI, even if it was there?’ “I would not expect to see the torn axons. But I would expect to see is a thin layer of blood, however . . . it takes two hours of survival to actually be able to see the torn axons.”

In Session “You told the jury that a fall, you would need a significant fall, from 15 to 20 feet, to produce DAI?” “Correct,” “But you’ve written simply about forces where the head is abruptly accelerated and decelerated?” “Correct.” The State objects, and asks for a sidebar.

Ruth Ravve ‏@RuthRavve
#DrewPeterson Defense cross of Case, asks how much money she's made thru testimony ($350/hr).

Kara Oko ‏@KaraOko
Dr. Case has made $8,000 so far working this case - she charges $350/hour for testimony, discounted from the usual $650/hour

Geeez...they're really reaching now.....good grief.

Probably some tit for tat here since the prosecution asked the same of the defense's expert witness.

In Session The sidebar ends. “In this chapter that you wrote, you say that DAI is seen in falls?” “Yes . . . from falls greater than the height of an individual . . . that’s where your head is crushed.”

In Session “In your opinion, DAI needs significant force?” “That is right, significant force.” The witness is then asked about something she wrote regarding brain injuries in children. Before she can answer, the State objects, and asks for a sidebar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018