Driver Gets Felony Conviction For Tossing Cup of Ice Into Car

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
oh no, my hubby is a huge booger flicking offender. :eek:

Child molesters get far less time.. what a crazy world we live in.:banghead:

Gosh I don't know...I think she got what she deserved. She could have caused a very serious accident. I have no problem with this punishment at all. If someone threw something at me I would be pretty upset.It was a dumb thing to do and she will hopefully never do it again.

I can't get this story to come up, but if you toss things out of your window, you have to be willing to deal with the consequences of your action. One time the person in the passenger seat of the car next to me (at a stop light), flicked her cigarette out the window and it came into my car!!! It burned a hole in my seat and I about hit the car in front of me (because I started to roll forward).

I think a cigarette is a totally different story. We're talking about a woman who lost her temper and no one was injured. It would be different if she threw a rock at her car or a huge uncooked chicken or turkey like someone dropped from the interstate overpass a while back. I definitely say let the punishment fit the crime. Put her under house arrest, but don't take her from her children.

kittykat1 said:
I think a cigarette is a totally different story. We're talking about a woman who lost her temper and no one was injured. It would be different if she threw a rock at her car or a huge uncooked chicken or turkey like someone dropped from the interstate overpass a while back. I definitely say let the punishment fit the crime. Put her under house arrest, but don't take her from her children.
But someone could have been injured very seriously. If something was coming at me from another car, i would instinctively duck or cringe and that can cost you your life. She at a minimum has some anger management issues if she cannot control herself and keep from throwing things at people. I don't think being a mother is a good enough defense to get out of jail time, I really don't. She really messed up IMO.
There were some kids throwing mayonnaise filled balloons at cars from their car a couple years ago in my area. It was malicious and meant to cause harm. I think this lady was doing the same thing..don't you? I don't think she was trying to say hello to these people.
I understand what you are saying, but I think this lady blew it and I hope she doesn't have these anger issues around her kids.

OMG I just read that she went onto the shoulder to do this and her kids were in the car! this lady is really a bad role model.

Okay I have to correct myself.In reading the new link I realized how poorly I read the first link. I thought she got a month in jail with a felony conviction and I was ok with that. I see she got 2 years in prison and I agree that is overkill.

I do think she was way wrong and that her offense was serious no doubt. but I agree that 2 years in prison is nonsense.

I think she got what she deserved.

She did this out of anger. I imagine she is not the paragon of patience in any aspect of her life. (including with her children)

JBean said:
Gosh I don't know...I think she got what she deserved. She could have caused a very serious accident. I have no problem with this punishment at all. If someone threw something at me I would be pretty upset.It was a dumb thing to do and she will hopefully never do it again.
--I agree

A 2-year sentence is way too steep for what this woman did, but this wasn't an accidental case of littering - she was angry and made a concerted effort to speed up, drive on the shoulder and throw a cup of ice into the other car. This was road rage - and she did it with three kids and a contracting pregnant woman in her own car.

She needs more than a slap on the wrist, but 2 years is too steep.

I agree with all of you. She shouldn't have done it. She lost her temper. She could have caused an accident. Shee needs anger management skills. But TWO years?? I would be very angry if someone did this to me or if I saw someone do it.

I know what the lady did was wrong, but I sort of feel for her. I hate jackasses who can't sit still in traffic and need to constantly switch lanes to get somewhere 30 seconds faster.

kittykat1 said:
I agree with all of you. She shouldn't have done it. She lost her temper. She could have caused an accident. Shee needs anger management skills. But TWO years?? I would be very angry if someone did this to me or if I saw someone do it.

After reading the article, I do agree with you. Two years is a bit much. I think she should have been required to attend anger management classes, and possibly do some community service.

What she did was wrong, and I believe the law is right on this one. Many people are injured yearly by people throwing things into and onto cars. I actually believe Dr. Phil's sister in law is one of them. Someone threw a jar of acid or something off a bridge onto her car, and she is severely injured by it.
This woman acted maliciously and out of anger. IN FRONT OF HER CHILDREN.

People make mistakes, and serious mistakes and get less time than this woman is getting. She has learned her lesson, she has been there too long, and the only ones suffering are her children.

Even the victims in this case were surprised at the verdict. How can a child molester go free, a baby killer can get probation, and this woman gets 2 years in prison? Someone COULD have been hurt, but no one was. 2 years is way too much. She can learn a lesson in a shorter time and be with her family where she belongs. I cry foul on this one.

Hello all, this is my first post here.

First off, I think if my spouse was on their third tour in Iraq. I believe I'd be a little angry and stressed out myself.

Secondly. Has anyone considered what her husband must be thinking, over there trying to stay alive while fighting for his country. Knowing his childrens mother is in prison for throwing a cup!

Was what she did a crime? I think so. Was the punishment just? I think not.

Thank goodness the judge showed some common sense and ordered her release.

http://www.wfmynews2.com/news/mostpopular/article.aspx?storyid=80107&provider=tophttp://www.timesdispatch.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=RTD/MGArticle/RTD_BasicArticle&c=MGArticle

bigbuck said:
Hello all, this is my first post here.

First off, I think if my spouse was on their third tour in Iraq. I believe I'd be a little angry and stressed out myself.

Secondly. Has anyone considered what her husband must be thinking, over there trying to stay alive while fighting for his country. Knowing his childrens mother is in prison for throwing a cup!

Was what she did a crime? I think so. Was the punishment just? I think not.

Thank goodness the judge showed some common sense and ordered her release.

http://www.wfmynews2.com/news/mostpopular/article.aspx?storyid=80107&provider=tophttp://www.timesdispatch.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=RTD/MGArticle/RTD_BasicArticle&c=MGArticle

Thank you for the update. The woman did not use good judgement and perhaps anger/stress management would be helpful for her but she absolutely didn't deserve two years in prison.

This happened not too far from where I live.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/02/21/AR2007022100962.html

It seems she's wanted in other states for other crimes and she's being sent to Colorado and/or Mississippi to answer charges there. I've read somewhere, and I am trying to find the article so I can link to it for you guys, that she is also on welfare. How is it that a military family can be collecting welfare?

I don't know if she deserves two years in prison for this incident, but she's no saint.

Dalilah said:
This happened not too far from where I live.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/02/21/AR2007022100962.html

It seems she's wanted in other states for other crimes and she's being sent to Colorado and/or Mississippi to answer charges there. I've read somewhere, and I am trying to find the article so I can link to it for you guys, that she is also on welfare. How is it that a military family can be collecting welfare?

I don't know if she deserves two years in prison for this incident, but she's no saint.
However after Stafford Substitute Judge Frank Hoss ruled this morning that Jessica J. Hall had spent enough time behind bars and suspended the rest of her sentence, it was learned that Hall was wanted on an outstanding warrant in Desoto County, Miss., for insufficient funds.

Hall said that her car had been broken into and her purse stolen while traveling in Memphis, Tenn., about two years ago. Memphis borders Desoto County.

After that incident, multiple checks bounced, she said. A police report was filed in that case. The district attorney's office in Desoto County agreed that if the parents pay what she owes, they will not extradite her. So she'll be held at least one more night in jail.

http://www.fredericksburg.com/News/FLS/2007/022007/02212007/mcmissilestory

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hernak
Back