Duct Tape and Premeditation #500

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
my opinions are not meant to attack any ones else's ideas .....

my opinions are just that.... opinions from myself....

I enjoy reading everyone's thoughts and appreciate them

:hug:
BBM.

We would be a pretty boring group if we all agreed on every issue.
I, like you, appreciate all of the different thoughts presented here. Don't worry about expressing your opinions here, we wouldn't have it any other way !

:)

Could drugs be found in skeletal remains so long after death?

On page 9 of the autopsy report, the last statement is "A small rectangular piece of bone had been removed from the right tibia for the FBI for DNA analysis and a fragment of bone was removed from the left femur for toxicology testing.

On page 2, under Findings - "E. Toxicology testing detected no drugs." Also states that "bone from left femur, cancellous bone scrapings taken from the medullary cavity of the left femur, hair removed included both tied strands of hair and cut squares of hair from the hair mat, soil removed from the hair mat, and saline washings of cranial cavity" were tested for drugs.

BBM

I agree that KC was not the doting mother Andrea claimed she was.
- We have numerous statements from KC's brother that KC's mother felt KC was an "unfit mother".
- We have statements about Cindy wanting to take custody of Caylee.
- We have statements about Caylee being more attached to her grandmother than to her mother, some of which are statements from KC herself.
- We have statements about KC having Caylee sleep in the bed with one of her sexual partners and herself.
- We have statements about KC taking Caylee to parties where there was drinking.
- We have a picture of Caylee wearing marijuana leaf motifs.

No evidence of extreme abuse, but things were certainly not all rosy between KC and Caylee.

ETA: Sorry. Just realized this post is probably O/T.

MOO

BBM...not to be picky but that was actually a Buckeye tree. KC is a fan of the Ohio State Buckeyes...if that is the picture you are talking about with the necklace.

BBM...not to be picky but that was actually a Buckeye tree. KC is a fan of the Ohio State Buckeyes...if that is the picture you are talking about with the necklace.

Oh! No please do be picky! I'm a stickler for facts, and want to be corrected when I'm wrong.

Thank you for the information, MD Mommy. :)

I just don't think a 2 yeard old could rip off duct tape from their own mouth, while it is attached to their hair. Have you ever had to pull a band aid off a boo-boo on a child? O..M.G. - I always had to use the snatch- and- pull- by- surprise method. Band aids hurt like heck, much less duct tape. Ouch! Not to say that Caylee could not have done it, but I think it would have been difficult.

I have a 1 1/2 year old daughter who will rip out a handful of hair just to get her barrettes out. So I do think it's possible that if they are bothered by something!

Could drugs be found in skeletal remains so long after death?

I don't have a link but I seem to recall Dr. G stating she didn't expect to find evidence of drugs due to the length of time and no soft tissue available to test. I'm going off of memory, can anyone else remember what Dr. G said at a press conference regarding toxicology results?

I don't have a link but I seem to recall Dr. G stating she didn't expect to find evidence of drugs due to the length of time and no soft tissue available to test. I'm going off of memory, can anyone else remember what Dr. G said at a press conference regarding toxicology results?

I thought that it was said that if Caylee had been drugged shortly before death, the drugs would not have had time to be absorbed into her hair or bones. My understanding is that the tests could detect previous drugging instances but not drugs given to Caylee right before she died.

I thought that it was said that IF Caylee had been drugged shortly before death, the drugs would not have had time to be absorbed into her hair or bones. My understanding is that the tests could detect previous drugging instances but not drugs given to Caylee right before she died.
That is what I understand too. If there had been long term drug administration it would most likely show up in the hair. If if had only happened a few times, or once, it would not. They use hair drug testing now as a way of determining if somone has used anything within the past 3-6 months.

I can't help but wonder what Casey's "gut feeling" is now..
:crazy:

Bold mine.

KC's gut feeling now is: "She's too close, I should have dumped her by the airport when I had the chance." LOL

does anyone have a link to her grabbing her wrist while restraint i being spoken about in court? i find this to be VERY curious, especially as she hasn't been seen doing this previously.

I'd be interested in what order she applied the tape. Has anyone seen anything showing the order? I am talking about which piece of tape went over the mouth, which was applied over the nose and which was applied over the chin.

A person who was taping an awake child would probably put it over the mouth first, to keep them quiet. But I was thinking that if the child was drugged, asleep they might put it over the chin first, then the mouth in order to get a good 'seal'. Putting it over the nose first I would think would indicate that the intention from the first would be to commit murder.

does anyone have a link to her grabbing her wrist while restraint i being spoken about in court? i find this to be VERY curious, especially as she hasn't been seen doing this previously.

Here's a screen shot for you :)

kcwrist.jpg

I was just thinking..
I know the duct tape was tested for fingerprints..

Could it be possible that the 3rd piece we heard of may contain prints, and the FBI has control over it right now?

I was just thinking..
I know the duct tape was tested for fingerprints..

Could it be possible that the 3rd piece we heard of may contain prints, and the FBI has control over it right now?

I have wondered this too....

To me, the fact that the duct tape evidence proves the duct tape was applied Pre-Mortem is the nail in Casey's coffin. This is how the SA will prove it was premediated, no?

To me, the fact that the duct tape evidence proves the duct tape was applied Pre-Mortem is the nail in Casey's coffin. This is how the SA will prove it was premediated, no?
I can't answer your question directly about the decomp. cells on the duct tape, but... 21/2 weeks ago I got to talk directly to a criminalist in California at a Crime Lab. I briefly filled him in on the case and asked if there might still be latent fingerprints on the duct tape that we didn't yet know about. His general answer was that water is very destructive to the tape, so the amount of time that the remains were under water probably washed away any of this type of evidence... not likely...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back