Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That judge...

wonder if he will ever have to make some kind of statement...
In hindsight... Or ???

:judge:
I hope he relives this case every time a child comes before him for the rest of his career.

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

He's too much of a narcissist to kill himself, IMO.
I'm now interested to see if there will be any accessory arrests; anyone who helped hide the remains, clean up, lie, etc. and i do have someone specifically in mind, but since they havent been named by LE, i will leave that to you to deduce.

I have questioned if there will be a suicide...
I have a feeling even narcissists will run away so as not to have to face society's knowledge of their heinous actions...

But... I really don't know...

as far as others "in the know"...

Again... VERY interesting question...

And... Could there be retribution?

:thinking:

Parents do kill children to hurt the ex...but I think the idea of paying support for 5+ more years for a child who did not even want to see him was enough motive for him.

I didnt follow this case but heard his name often, until today I have never seen any details, would someone fill me on on why an adult man would wear a diaper and eat poo? I thought I was hearing things when I saw the video on the news, I had to replay it to confirm this discusting detail, so when did Dylan find the pics and how long in between that and his death? Did he have plenty of time to tell his mom? I am guessing so since the images were reported, sorry I just do not know anything about his case. So Sorry for him and for his mom , we need better laws to protect kids in divorces

I cant help but say again there still could be more charges or charges increased. Todays presser seemingly indicated they have much more than we know. I do wonder if more evidence came to light recently. IMO.

I really don't think they have much more than we know, if anything. I found it interesting today that when they were asked whether this was the first time this case was brought before a grand jury, they chose not to answer that. I also got the impression that they knew they were going to face a lot of scrutiny about why the charges were so long in coming after the finding of the skull in 2015. They seemed to have a stock answer for that question that wasn't really an answer at all.

So were there previous attempts at getting a grand jury indictment? Was MR living in La Plata County for the last 41/2 years? Is it possible they were hoping to really get a good piece of "smoking gun" evidence on him? Looks like some of the evidence used in the indictment was him incriminating himself. Were they hoping for more?

MOO

Parents do kill children to hurt the ex...but I think the idea of paying support for 5+ more years for a child who did not even want to see him was enough motive for him.

Don't know if that was the only motive but I agree it certainly played a part in it.

MOO

So Dylan was last seen on the sofa at his bio father's house, I refuse to call him a dad, and then disappears while biofather is on errands. Just from the little bit I am discovering I wonder if he was asleep when Mark launched his attack perhaps smothering him and then finally having to take more drastic measures to kill him. How sad.

I cannot find where the dogs come in. I would like to know how long it was before they used those dogs, anyone know? If it was months later I fear he will get off for all kinds of reasons a defense attorney can cook up. Thank you for any help bringing me up to date.

I can see it now, the defense will say any and all marks on the body were caused by animals especially bears so how do you tell the difference between a knife mark and a bear tooth?

I know it's been mentioned he may be too narcissistic to kill himself, but I would be surprised if he's either murdered in prison or commits suicide, because he's a coward imo, killing a helpless child. His own child!

(Gah, meant to say "would not be surprised")

So Dylan was last seen on the sofa at his bio father's house, I refuse to call him a dad, and then disappears while biofather is on errands. Just from the little bit I am discovering I wonder if he was asleep when Mark launched his attack perhaps smothering him and then finally having to take more drastic measures to kill him. How sad.

I cannot find where the dogs come in. I would like to know how long it was before they used those dogs, anyone know? If it was months later I fear he will get off for all kinds of reasons a defense attorney can cook up. Thank you for any help bringing me up to date.

I can see it now, the defense will say any and all marks on the body were caused by animals especially bears so how do you tell the difference between a knife mark and a bear tooth?

It seems to me based on Dylan's texts he was probably not asleep when attacked and I think forensic anthropologists know the difference in a cutting tool and a bear tooth. That's my own opinion. I don't recall when dogs were brought in but from what I have learned here on WS dogs can hit on something from a long time ago. Iirc dogs hit on the lake near MR home and that could have possibly been ashes or something but these dogs are pretty amazing. Moo

I don't have the indictment link handy, but here.

“These defects in Dylan’s skull were perimortem, indicating that the bone still had characteristics of wet bone similar to a recently deceased person,” the indictment says.

https://durangoherald.com/articles/174572

Thanks Skibs and rocket for the clarification on "perimortem", not postmortem... what I meant was he was deceased thank goodness, or at least sounds like it...

Then there is the fact that fellow prisoners do not like child killers......

Not sure about child killers but pedophiles are kept very separate from others. Totally different parts of prisons.

Yep good old cocky Mark really put his foot in it by telling his son that they would have to find the skull to prove what had happened and surprisingly they did.

Is there a link handy for this, tia, so much time has passed so I'm a title fuzzy on some of these specific details.

Not sure about child killers but pedophiles are kept very separate from others. Totally different parts of prisons.
What a shame. They are protected from the very same acts they perpetrated on innocence.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

Seems to me that the one way plane ticket would seal the deal on premeditation.

Jmo: I regret not having a link at hand

Found this timeline which if I read correctly it was August 2013 when the dogs hit on a scent, I am guessing they also found evidence on Mark's clothing

https://cdn.knightlab.com/libs/time...ont=Default&lang=en&initial_zoom=2&height=650

What idiot kills his own child and then keeps the clothes he commited the crime in? He is not the sharpest knife in the drawer it would appear. What did his ex see in him? Bizarre pics and stuff gross. Too bad she didnt find this out before having a child by him.

It was stated by someone here that EH was to pick up Dylan so that's why the one way ticket.

Found this timeline which if I read correctly it was August 2013 when the dogs hit on a scent, I am guessing they also found evidence on Mark's clothing

https://cdn.knightlab.com/libs/time...ont=Default&lang=en&initial_zoom=2&height=650

What idiot kills his own child and then keeps the clothes he commited the crime in? He is not the sharpest knife in the drawer it would appear. What did his ex see in him? Bizarre pics and stuff gross. Too bad she didnt find this out before having a child by him.

There have been many killer who don't cover tracks well and that's why they're found out. Idk much about his ferish but I'm sure EH had no clue of this when she married him. And we do not know when he became to liking pooh and diapers it could have happened long after she left him.

I remember reading that Elaine even justified the one way ticket because she was coming out to pick Dylan up. IIRC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR Sleuth