Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jim Armstrong ‏@JimArmstrongWBZ 38m38 minutes ago
Survivor Rebekah Gregory is next.
She also thanks the jury for their work: I want to give you a hug after this is over, she tells them.

Patricia Wen ‏@globepatty 33m33 minutes ago
Next is survivor Rebekah Gregory who lost leg : Looking at Tsarnaev "Each day you spent time fiddling w/your pencils" &laughing w/attorneys

Gregory is talking to #Tsarnaev; he looks down, away from her.

Jim Armstrong ‏@JimArmstrongWBZ 39m39 minutes ago
Gregory: You fiddle with your pencil and crack jokes with your attorney as we tell our horrible stories.

Gregory: I remember how Miriam had to give you an aggressive nudge to stand for the jury on day 2.

Gregory: On other circumstances, I would ask...is that how your mother raised you? But...

Bob Ward Fox25 ‏@Bward3 42m42 minutes ago
Gregory: Speaking directly to #tsarnaev. Is this how your mom raised you? #FOX25

Milton Valencia ‏@MiltonValencia 32m32 minutes ago
Rebekah Gregory speaking strong, says no victim, "I'm definitely not yours, or your brother's." #tsarnaev

Bob Ward Fox25 ‏@Bward3 43m43 minutes ago
Gregory: Im definitely not your victim or your brothers. #fox25 #Tsarnaev

Bob Ward Fox25 ‏@Bward3 43m43 minutes ago
Gregory: Did it make you feel good to see my leg blown apart in the video? #fox25 #Tsarnaev

Gregory: Your brother is the one who blew me up, but since he's not here, I'll give you a dose of reality: Listen up.

Alysha Palumbo ‏@AlyshaNECN 45m45 minutes ago
Gregory says "your brother is actually the one who blew me up" but "you get to listen to my dose of reality" @NECN #Tsarnaev

Gregory: Terrorists like you do create mass destruction. Do you know what MD does? It brings ppl together. #fox25 #Tsarnaev

Patricia Wen ‏@globepatty 32m32 minutes ago
Gregory: Your brother is actually the one who blew me up. But you're here , so listen closely: You create mass destruction.

Patricia Wen ‏@globepatty 34m34 minutes ago
Gregory: But do you know what mass destruction does? It brings people together. Legacy is survivor strength and resilience and donations

Gregory: While you seemed proud to be resp for blowing up Marathon Monday, the legacies of the victims blow up every day. #fox25 #Tsarnaev

Alysha Palumbo ‏@AlyshaNECN 45m45 minutes ago
Gregory: while you seem proud to be responsible for blowing up marathon Monday, the legacy of the victims is stronger @NECN #Tsarnaev

Gregory: You did not achieve mass destruction: people all over the world have come to the aid of your victims.

Jim Armstrong ‏@JimArmstrongWBZ 37m37 minutes ago
Gregory: You may be proud of your bombs, but when people look back on 4/15, no one will remember your name or your brother's.

Gregory PPl wont' remember your name, or your brothers. They will remember the heroes. #fox25 #Tsarnaev

Gregory: all we will recall is the people who were brave that day, have started foundations, have become public speakers.

Patricia Wen ‏@globepatty 33m33 minutes ago
Gregory: "It's so funny that you flip at the camera " because that's what we're doing to you.

Gregory: You flipped off that camera, but that's what we are doing every day back to you - as we succeed.

Gregory: It's so funny to me, you smirk & flip off camera. That's what we are doing to you every day. Fake limbs or not. #fox25 #Tsarnaev

Alysha Palumbo ‏@AlyshaNECN 44m44 minutes ago
Gregory:it's funny to me you smirk & flip off the camera because I feel that's what we're doing to you every day we live @NECN #Tsarnaev

Gregory: I vow to use the platform to change the world forever in honor to remember the ppl who weren't so lucky that day. #fox25 #Tsarnaev

Alysha Palumbo ‏@AlyshaNECN 43m43 minutes ago
Gregory: you & your brother have lost, while your intention was to destroy America...you unified us @NECN #Tsarnaev

im Armstrong ‏@JimArmstrongWBZ 37m37 minutes ago
Gregory: My 7 year old son who was there that day said it best: you made us stronger. Think about that in your dark cell.

Bob Ward Fox25 ‏@Bward3 41m41 minutes ago
Gregory: Despite you think youve done. You and your brother lost. #Tsarnaev #FOX25

Patricia Wen ‏@globepatty 31m31 minutes ago
Gregory: "You and your brother have lost ........You have unified us......We are Boston Strong and US strong "

Alysha Palumbo ‏@AlyshaNECN 43m43 minutes ago
Gregory: we are Boston strong and choosing to mess with us was a terrible idea @NECN #Tsarnaev

Jim Armstrong ‏@JimArmstrongWBZ 36m36 minutes ago
Gregory: despite what you think you've done, you and your brother have lost. You've unified us.
#Tsarnaev looks down.

Gregory at 21, I can't believe you didn't think twice. Im sad you wont see what happens next. We are Boston STrong. #fox25 #Tsarnaev

Gregory: I'm sad you won't be here to see what happens next.
"Choosing to mess with us was a terrible idea."

Gregory: "How's that for a victim impact statement!?"

Gregory: How is that for your victim impact statement?
#FOX25 #Tsarnaev That was remarkable.

Patricia Wen ‏@globepatty 31m31 minutes ago
Gregory is done, and that concludes all survivor victim impact statements.

Alysha Palumbo ‏@AlyshaNECN 42m42 minutes ago
Victim impact statements are done. In all two dozen survivors & victims' relatives addressed the court @NECN #Tsarnaev

Patricia Wen ‏@globepatty 45m45 minutes ago
Now prosecutor William Weinreb now speaking. #Tsarnaev and his attorneys are now back at their seats in their typical positions facing judge

Jim Armstrong ‏@JimArmstrongWBZ 50m50 minutes ago
That concludes the victim statements; AUSA Bill Weinreb is now speaking.

Jim Armstrong ‏@JimArmstrongWBZ 49m49 minutes ago
Weinreb reviews the case, #Tsarnaev's crimes and their objectives.

Jim Armstrong ‏@JimArmstrongWBZ 49m49 minutes ago
Weinreb is summing up content of the last 24 people who spoke; despite the defendant's crimes, he says, his treatment here has been humane.

im Armstrong ‏@JimArmstrongWBZ 48m48 minutes ago
Weinreb: we ask the court to sentence #Tsarnaev to death on capital counts, and life in prison without release on other counts.

Jim Armstrong ‏@JimArmstrongWBZ 47m47 minutes ago
Weinreb is also asking for lengthy consecutive jail terms on other charges for which #Tsarnaev was found guilty (i.e., carjacking, robbery).

Milton Valencia ‏@MiltonValencia 45m45 minutes ago
Weinreb asking for consecutive life sentences for counts that don't carry death penalty, 25 years for other charges. #tsarnaev

Patricia Wen ‏@globepatty 47m47 minutes ago
Prosecutor Weinreb: He committed horrific bombings not bec. of psychological problems or bad family, but for political reasons

Bob Ward Fox25 ‏@Bward3 53m53 minutes ago
Weinreb: Def did all this, as a means to an end. His actions politically motivated. #FOX25 #Tsarnaev

Weinreb: Only thing he showed world extremism is morally bankrupt. #FOX25 #Tsarnaev

Patricia Wen ‏@globepatty 46m46 minutes ago
Weinreb: But he lost and showed that "violent extremism is morally bankrupt." So many have showed boundless generosity

Weinreb: Victims and survivors have reacted to losses with strength and dignity. #FOX25 #Tsarnaev

Weinreb: The families of the dead and wounded will suffer their entire lives. They can never be made whole. #FOX25 #Tsarnaev

Weinreb: His treatment has been civilized. Unlike his barbaric acts. #FOX25 #Tsarnaev

Patricia Wen ‏@globepatty 45m45 minutes ago
Prosecutor: #Tsarnaev got fair full trial, and attorneys of his choice.

Bob Ward Fox25 ‏@Bward3 51m51 minutes ago
Dzhokhar #Tsarnaev does not seem to be displaying any emotion today. Same blank expression. #FOX25

Alysha Palumbo ‏@AlyshaNECN 52m52 minutes ago
Weinreb: the trial of this case was the quintessential example of American justice, and so was the jury's verdict @NECN #Tsarnaev

Patricia Wen ‏@globepatty 44m44 minutes ago
Prosecutor now going through sentence recommendations, including death sentence by jury verdict, and then max sentences on others

im Armstrong ‏@JimArmstrongWBZ 47m47 minutes ago
Weinreb: govt. asks for you to announce forfeiture of all #Tsarnaev assets at sentencing and impose court costs.

Jim Armstrong ‏@JimArmstrongWBZ 46m46 minutes ago
Weinreb: we ask #Tsarnaev be ordered to also pay restitution to victims of his crimes, to be determined within 90 days.

Jim Armstrong ‏@JimArmstrongWBZ 47m47 minutes ago
Weinreb ends, and we take a lunch break; back at 1:30pm.

Milton Valencia ‏@MiltonValencia 42m42 minutes ago
#tsarnaevs lawyers indicating there could be a statement, though unclear if it will be read it if that is case. Judge taking break.

Patricia Wen ‏@globepatty 41m41 minutes ago
Def atty Judy Clarke said she has some legal issues & referred to an "allocution," wh/is when defendant can address court. Lunch break now

Patricia Wen ‏@globepatty 8m8 minutes ago
Suspicious man detained outside federal court in Boston during lunch hour. http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...-courthouse/KZHysvSfC55LVYaRgXjTMK/story.html …

Jim Armstrong retweeted
WBZ Boston News ‏@cbsboston 6m6 minutes ago
Man With Meat Cleaver In Car Detained Outside #Tsarnaev Sentencing @BreakingNews http://cbsloc.al/1Cth0Q8

CISFCkyUEAA1tHM.jpg

Patricia Wen ‏@globepatty 1m1 minute ago
#Tsarnaev is back in court, seated next to attorneys Conrad& Clarke. Clarke did refer to an "allocution" before break tho' unclear specifics

Milton Valencia ‏@MiltonValencia 3m3 minutes ago
Settling back into #tsarnaev proceedings. One of the jurors who was here earlier has left, but another one showed up.

Milton Valencia ‏@MiltonValencia 2m2 minutes ago
Accounting for all the people who walked to the mic, we had 24 speakers today.

Jim Armstrong ‏@JimArmstrongWBZ 5m5 minutes ago
Another former juror has joined the group; we are up to 14 now.
#Tsarnaev

Jim Armstrong ‏@JimArmstrongWBZ 4m4 minutes ago
We return from lunch break now - waiting for #Tsarnaev himself.
If he were to speak, it would happen very soon.

Jim Armstrong ‏@JimArmstrongWBZ 3m3 minutes ago
Watertown Police Chief @EdwardPDeveau is here now.

#Tsarnaev is led in again, head down.

Bob Ward Fox25 ‏@Bward3 3m3 minutes ago
Dzhokhar #Tsarnaev has returned to C9. When court resumes, we expect defense will speak, then the sentence. #fox25

Alysha Palumbo ‏@AlyshaNECN 4m4 minutes ago
#Tsarnaev is back in the courtroom. Now we wait to see whether he will address the court @NECN

Alysha Palumbo ‏@AlyshaNECN 3m3 minutes ago
While one juror has left, another juror has joined the group to be here for the formal sentencing @NECN #Tsarnaev

BREAKING: DZHOKHAR TSARNAEV
WILL SPEAK TO COURT
#FOX25 #Tsarnaev

Judy Clark just told the court #Tsarnaev will speak and that he has written a letter of remorse. #fox25

Patricia Wen ‏@globepatty 4m4 minutes ago
Judge has arrived in court. "Before Tsarnaev addresses the court," Clarke says, she wants to say some things re: remorse.

Alysha Palumbo ‏@AlyshaNECN 5m5 minutes ago
Clarke says much has been made of the perception that #Tsarnaev lacks emotion. She says he will speak @NECN

Jim Armstrong ‏@JimArmstrongWBZ 5m5 minutes ago
Judge is back; Judy Clarke rises to speak.
Says she will speak...before #Tsarnaev "addresses the court."

Bob Ward Fox25 ‏@Bward3 5m5 minutes ago
The tone in C9 has considerably changed now that it is stated Dzhokhar #Tsarnaev will address the court. #fox25

Clarke notes that, before trial, he had offered to settle the case and indicated in that statement that he was remorseful.

January 2014 was exact time Holder notified court US was seeking death penalty. #tsarnaev was offering to plead guilty to life an apologize.

Bob Ward Fox25 ‏@Bward3 4m4 minutes ago
Judy Clark said #Tsarnaev was willing to resolved case in October, by pleading guilty, but Govt wouldn't accept. #fox25

Patricia Wen ‏@globepatty 3m3 minutes ago
Def atty Clark now addressing some technicalities re: restitution and fines and forfeiture.

Patricia Wen ‏@globepatty 2m2 minutes ago
Clark is also addressing issue of possible "fines" and the clear impossibility that #Tsarnaev can pay anything.

Jim Armstrong ‏@JimArmstrongWBZ 4m4 minutes ago
Clarke: let's figure out how #Tsarnaev will pay victim restitution based on the limited wages he will earn at prison.

Prosecutors and defense now talking re: fine points of restitution money and possible funds deducted from his prison commissary.

Clarke's statements seem to make clear that we can expect - for the first time - that #Tsarnaev will address his trial and convictions.

Clarke saying #tsarnaev is going to address court. Points out was willing to resolve case year ago with a settlement and an offer of apology

Clarke talking about poss location of #Tsarnaev to N.H. prison while awaiting death sentence (not Indiana) to be closer to crime loc/victims

Bob Ward Fox25 ‏@Bward3 1m1 minute ago
Judy Clark: Govt has asked for #Tsarnaev execution to take place in Indiana. #fox25

Bob Ward Fox25 ‏@Bward3 1m1 minute ago
Clark is reading Judge Wolf in Sampson case, when he ID'd NH as execution site. Clark seeking same. #fox25 #Tsarnaev

Alysha Palumbo ‏@AlyshaNECN 2m2 minutes ago
Only time we have really learned #Tsarnaev's thoughts on this was from the blood stained bullet riddled message he wrote in the boat @NECN

Clarke suggests that NH prison site also in keeping with gov't argument (during "change of venue" debates) that best to keep case local

Patricia Wen ‏@globepatty 16s17 seconds ago
#Tsarnaev sitting back in his chair now, his two hands locked together, as he awaits (apparently) to more fully address court for first time

Bob Ward Fox25 ‏@Bward3 2m2 minutes ago
Clark, citing Judge Wolf is making pt, execution site should be accessible by inmates family #fox25 #Tsarnaev

Alysha Palumbo ‏@AlyshaNECN 3m3 minutes ago
Clarke is now arguing for the execution to be in New Hampshire instead of Terre Haute, Indiana, where govt has asked #Tsarnaev be sent @NECN

Patricia Wen ‏@globepatty 39s40 seconds ago
Judge says he goes along w/gov't position that prison in Terre Haute, Indiana is best place for Tsarnaev.

Capital punishment is legal in NH. #fox25 #Tsarnaev

Clark opining to the judge, it is the court's decision where the execution would take place. #Tsarnaev #fox25

O'Toole: this is an issue not briefed, but I have thought about it. I think govt suggestion is acceptable: Terre Haute, IN. #fox25

Jim Armstrong ‏@JimArmstrongWBZ 2m2 minutes ago
Clarke now raising arguments about where #Tsarnaev will be put to death; govt. wants Indiana; she's asking about NH.

Judge: Indiana is a better choice.

This pt raised because MA has no death chamber. But, I'm pretty sure, neither does NH. #fox25 #Tsarnaev

#Tsarnaev rises to speak

#Tsarnaev: I would like to being in the name of Allah, the exalted and most gracious.

#Tsarnaev: this is the blessed month of Ramadan, a month to ask forgiveness of Allah and express gratitude to Allah.

Bob Ward Fox25 ‏@Bward3 8m8 minutes ago
Dzhokhar #Tsarnaev: A month when hearts change. A month of many blessings. #fox25

Tsarnaev is hard to hear, speaking in deeply religious terms. He thanks his attorneys and "people behind the scenes."

Alysha Palumbo ‏@AlyshaNECN 10m10 minutes ago
#Tsarnaev "If you have not thanked the people you have not thanked God, I'd like to thank my attorneys" @NECN

#Tsarnaev: I would like to thank my attorneys who have done much good for me and my families.
"I cherish their company."

Jim Armstrong ‏@JimArmstrongWBZ 1m1 minute ago
#Tsarnaev: I thank the jury for their service , and those who came to testify on my behalf.

Bob Ward Fox25 ‏@Bward3 8m8 minutes ago
Dzhokhar #Tsarnaev: Id like to thank those to come and testify on my behalf. despite the pressure. Thanking jury and court. #fox25

I'd like to thank those who took time off of daily lives and testify. Thank jury and court. "If you are not merciful for God's creation...."

im Armstrong ‏@JimArmstrongWBZ 2m2 minutes ago
#Tsarnaev "I would like to now apologize to the victims and to the survivors."

#Tsarnaev: I am guilty of the bombing, let there be no lingering question about that.

#Tsarnaev: After the bombing, i learned victims' names and saw their faces.

immed after the bombing...I did do it. I learned of some of the victims. I learned their names , their faces, their age.

During this trial, more of the victims had names. ....No soul is burdened w/more than it can bear.

#Tsarnaev: I was listening as all these people testified.

Bob Ward Fox25 ‏@Bward3 7m7 minutes ago
Dzhokhar #Tsarnaev: I wish more people had a chance to testify, to get up there. Now I am sorry for the lives Ive taken. #fox25

Jim Armstrong ‏@JimArmstrongWBZ 47s47 seconds ago
#Tsarnaev: I also wish more people had the chance to testify.
"I am sorry for the lives that I've taken, the sorrow I have caused."

Tsarnaev:" I am sorry for the lives I have taken....for the suffering I have caused and the terrible damage I have done. "

Jim Armstrong ‏@JimArmstrongWBZ 44s44 seconds ago
#Tsarnaev: I have done irreparable damage.

Jim Armstrong ‏@JimArmstrongWBZ 34s34 seconds ago
#Tsarnaev: I pray for Allah to bestow mercy upon those I killed and their families.

Alysha Palumbo ‏@AlyshaNECN 8m8 minutes ago
"I pray to Allah to put his mercy upon the deceased, the injured" @NECN #Tsarnaev

Dzhokhar #Tsarnaev Im sorry for the suffering I've caused, the damage. I am Muslim, My religion is Islam. #fox25

I am Muslim....the God I worship. I pray the God the bestow mercy on me. I pray for relief for your healing and well being and strength.

Dzhokhar #Tsarnaev I pray to Allah to bring peace to the people who were killed. I pray for healing. and Strength. #fox25

"I ask Allah to have mercy upon me, my brother and my family....Allah knows the best ...
Thank you."

#Tsarnaev: I ask Allah to have mercy upon everyone here today, on my and my brother....
Thank you

Tsarnaev is done with his statement. He sits down.

Alysha Palumbo ‏@AlyshaNECN 7m7 minutes ago
As #Tsarnaev finishes speaking, Denise Richard sighs deeply and drops her head @NECN

Alysha Palumbo ‏@AlyshaNECN 22m22 minutes ago
Defense attorney Miriam Conrad rubs #Tsarnaev's shoulder as he takes his seat again @NECN

Alysha Palumbo ‏@AlyshaNECN 21m21 minutes ago
The courtroom was completely silent as #Tsarnaev spoke quietly. Some survivors are now wiping away tears @NECN

Milton Valencia ‏@MiltonValencia 14m14 minutes ago
Forewoman wipes a tear from her eye.

#Tsarnaev sits.
Judge pauses, and turns next to the jury, thanking them again.

Milton Valencia ‏@MiltonValencia 14m14 minutes ago
Judge speaking now, says he invited the jurors.

Jim Armstrong ‏@JimArmstrongWBZ 15m15 minutes ago
Judge: I invited the jurors to attend today; many accepted my invitation.

Milton Valencia ‏@MiltonValencia 13m13 minutes ago
#tsarnaev spoke softly, and low, with a bit of an accent. Hunched over as read statement. Now, leaning into side of chair.

Patricia Wen ‏@globepatty 11m11 minutes ago
Now judge is acknowledging that numerous jurors have decided to come to the sentencing, and repeats his thanks for their service.

Jim Armstrong ‏@JimArmstrongWBZ 14m14 minutes ago
Judge is thanking jury - and I can't stop looking at #Tsarnaev, who just openly admitted what he and his brother did, and apologized for it.

Bob Ward Fox25 ‏@Bward3 17m17 minutes ago
O'Toole: much of evidence was hard to hear and see. we made great demands on the jury. #fox25

Jim Armstrong ‏@JimArmstrongWBZ 14m14 minutes ago
Judge: "This was an extraordinary case."
#Tsarnaev

Bob Ward Fox25 ‏@Bward3 16m16 minutes ago
O'Toole: The jury's verdict was rational. #fox25 #Tsarnaev

Judge says of jury, "Theirs was not the only possible verdict but it was certainly a rational one based on the evidence" @NECN #Tsarnaev

Judge: "we will never forget the victims of these crimes" @NECN #Tsarnaev

Jim Armstrong ‏@JimArmstrongWBZ 13m13 minutes ago
Judge: Thank you also to the victims and survivors who had the courage to share their stories in this courtroom.

Alysha Palumbo ‏@AlyshaNECN 20m20 minutes ago
Judge says of survivors testifying, "Their courage throughout their extended ordeal was exemplary" @NECN #Tsarnaev

Patricia Wen ‏@globepatty 9m9 minutes ago
#Tsarnaev's statements, focusing on his religious beliefs and some remorse, was delivered w/some trace of foreign accent.

Milton Valencia ‏@MiltonValencia 9m9 minutes ago
"Those of us who sat through this, from beginning to end, heard things they will never forget, good and bad," the Judge says.

Milton Valencia ‏@MiltonValencia 8m8 minutes ago
"We all heard about the heroes, and there were many," the Judge says

Judge: "we will all remember the heroes and there were many" @NECN #Tsarnaev

Jim Armstrong ‏@JimArmstrongWBZ 12m12 minutes ago
Judge is recalling the stories of heroism from the bombing day, by police and civilians who ran INTO, not away from, the blasts.

Bob Ward Fox25 ‏@Bward3 15m15 minutes ago
O'Toole: Ill never forget one, after the other, victims who were badly wounded, worried about someone else. #fox25 #Tsarnaev

Alysha Palumbo ‏@AlyshaNECN 19m19 minutes ago
Judge: "after the explosions people in the crowd responded immediately to help where they could" @NECN #Tsarnaev

O'Toole: We will all remember the heroes. When BPD saw people running from danger, they ran toward it. #fox25 #Tsarnaev

O'Toole: Days later Watertown PD did same. And on Marathon day, first responders too. #fox25 #Tsarnaev

O'Toole: Nor can we forget the bravery of Dun Meng, whose escape was the beginning of the end. #fox25 #Tsarnaev

O'Toole: I commend, the meticulous professionalism of law enforcement, post crime. #fox25 #Tsarnaev

Patricia Wen ‏@globepatty 8m8 minutes ago
Judge tells court this was extraordinary trial and says courage of survivors' testimony was astounding.

Patricia Wen ‏@globepatty 7m7 minutes ago
Judge says many victims, even badly injured, turned to help others nearby. "Concern for others were everywhere on display that day."

Patricia Wen ‏@globepatty 7m7 minutes ago
Refers to people using drinks to douse burning clothing, belts as tourniquets, and just extending support. First responders were heroic

Patricia Wen ‏@globepatty 6m6 minutes ago
Judge says he has two particular vivid memories of testimony: EMT's decisions to triage victims (split-second decision to categorize people)

Patricia Wen ‏@globepatty 5m5 minutes ago
and judge says the way that cop Donahue was revived by doctors in ER . Try to rem good things, but hard to forget bad things

O'Toole: Bad things will be hard to forget. #fox25 #Tsarnaev

Jim Armstrong ‏@JimArmstrongWBZ 19m19 minutes ago
Judge O'Toole seems especially moved by this case. He addresses #Tsarnaev directly now.

Patricia Wen ‏@globepatty 5m5 minutes ago
Now judge address Tsarnaev: Whenever your name is mentioned, what will be remembered is the evil. Nobody will rem your teachers liked you

Jim Armstrong ‏@JimArmstrongWBZ 21m21 minutes ago
"Whenever your name is mentioned, what will be remembered is the evil you have done. No one will remember your teachers were fond of you."

Milton Valencia ‏@MiltonValencia 19m19 minutes ago
"Whenever your name is mentioned, what will be remembered is the evil you have done."

Milton Valencia ‏@MiltonValencia 18m18 minutes ago
"What will be remembered is you murdered and maimed innocent people, and you did it willfully, and intentionally." #tsarnaev

Patricia Wen ‏@globepatty 16m16 minutes ago
Nobody will rem you were talented athlete or best buddy companion. "What will be rembered is that you murdered & maimed innocent people"

Bob Ward Fox25 ‏@Bward3 20m20 minutes ago
O'Toole: What will be remembered is you murdered and maimed innocent people. You did it on purpose. #FOX25 #Tsarnaev

Patricia Wen ‏@globepatty 15m15 minutes ago
Judge says you had "monstrous self-deception" that you different from victims. You fell under influence of Anwar Al-waki

Jim Armstrong ‏@JimArmstrongWBZ 20m20 minutes ago
Judge: "It was a monstrous self-deception" you attempted to defend your actions, "to forget your own humanity."

Bob Ward Fox25 ‏@Bward3 19m19 minutes ago
O'Toole: It was monstrous self deception. To accomplish it, you had to forget your own humanity. #fox25 #Tsarnaev

Patricia Wen ‏@globepatty 16m16 minutes ago
Judge: Truly if you believe God wants you to kill people believes in a "cruel god" That cannot be the God of Islam.

Milton Valencia ‏@MiltonValencia 17m17 minutes ago
Judge critical of Islamic jihadists, "they induce you not to a path of glory but a judgment of condemnation." #tsarnaev

O'Toole: Extremists induced you not to path of glory, but to judgement of condemnation. #fox25 #Tsarnaev

Alysha Palumbo ‏@AlyshaNECN 18m18 minutes ago
Judge: "it was a monstrous self-deception" to convince yourself to do this act @NECN #Tsarnaev

Jim Armstrong ‏@JimArmstrongWBZ 21m21 minutes ago
Judge: "Mr. #Tsarnaev, if you would stand..."
He does so, as does his legal team

Patricia Wen ‏@globepatty 18m18 minutes ago
Judge asks Tsarnaev to stand, and his attorneys stand w/him. He is now announcing death sentence.

Bob Ward Fox25 ‏@Bward3 24m24 minutes ago
O'Toole: The jury has unanimously condemned you to death for Martin Richard Lingzi Lu. #fox25 #Tsarnaev

#Tsarnaev is standing."I sentence you to death by execution," says judge, referring to capital counts.

"I sentence you to the penalty of death by execution." #tsarnaev

Jim Armstrong ‏@JimArmstrongWBZ 23m23 minutes ago
BREAKING: Judge O'Toole officials imposes death penalty on Dzhokhar #Tsarnaev.

#tsarnaev standing to accept sentence, he has 5 lawyers and a defense staffer standing with him.

Patricia Wen ‏@globepatty 19m19 minutes ago
#Tsarnaev shows no emotion as he stands, his hands crossed in front of him. Def atty Clark is writing down sentences on other non-cap counts

Milton Valencia ‏@MiltonValencia 18m18 minutes ago
Judge gives #tsarnaev a range of sentences for other counts, all maximum he faces.

Bob Ward Fox25 ‏@Bward3 25m25 minutes ago
O'Toole: As to counts 4 5 9 10 14 15, I sentence you to penalty of death by execution. #tsarnaev #fox25

Bob Ward Fox25 ‏@Bward3 23m23 minutes ago
O'Toole is now sentencing Dzhokhar to the non capital counts. #fox25 #Tsarnaev

Jim Armstrong ‏@JimArmstrongWBZ 20m20 minutes ago
Judge also sentences #Tsarnaev to 19 more terms of life in prison without possibility of release on other non-capital counts.

In addition to the death sentence, #Tsarnaev got 19 life sentences (11 without the possibility of parole) @NECN

#Tsarnaev is watching def atty Clarke's note-taking, not at judge. Judge is giving various number of years or "life" on other non-cap cts

Patricia Wen ‏@globepatty 17m17 minutes ago
#Tsarnaev, rather than focusing on judge's words, is now diverting his attention to whatever Clarke is writing down

Jim Armstrong ‏@JimArmstrongWBZ 17m17 minutes ago
#Tsarnaev takes his seat, slumps backwards, head tilted down.

Jim Armstrong ‏@JimArmstrongWBZ 17m17 minutes ago
Judge: You have the right to appeal both the conviction and the sentence.
#Tsarnaev

Patricia Wen ‏@globepatty 15m15 minutes ago
Judge is now finished w/sentencing. Clarke asking for jurors (present today to observe) to be identified by #, tho'judge appears to reject

Patricia Wen ‏@globepatty 14m14 minutes ago
#Tsarnaev's head tilted to one side and sitting back in chair, as Clarke talks to judge re: their appeals.

Bob Ward Fox25 ‏@Bward3 22m22 minutes ago
O'Toole: Def is committed to custody of Attorney General. #fox25 #Tsarnaev

Bob Ward Fox25 ‏@Bward3 21m21 minutes ago
O'Toole: When execution takes place, he will be in custody of US Marshal. Execution will take place in IN. #fox25 #Tsarnaev

Clark: asking the court to identify juror numbers of those who are here today. #fox25 #Tsarnaev

Clark: We will file post trial motions by August 14th. #fox25 #Tsarnaev

Milton Valencia ‏@MiltonValencia 9m9 minutes ago
"We ask the Marshals to take custody of the defendant." #tsarnaev

Patricia Wen ‏@globepatty 14m14 minutes ago
#Tsarnaev is handcuffed in court (during trial he was not handcuffed as he left) and then taken out of the courtroom. Sentencing over

Jim Armstrong ‏@JimArmstrongWBZ 16m16 minutes ago
US Marshal cuffs #Tsarnaev. He walks quietly out the door for what will be likely the last time he's seen by almost anyone.

Dzhokhar #Tsarnaev is handcuffed, led out of C9. #fox25

The trial of Dzhokhar #Tsarnaev is now over. #fox25
------------------------------------------------------------------

https://twitter.com/alyshanecn
https://twitter.com/Bward3
https://twitter.com/jimarmstrongwbz
https://twitter.com/miltonvalencia
https://twitter.com/globepatty

I wish the sentencing was live.

The world watched this unfold in horror.

Thank you YESorNO

As always, YESorNO, thank you for your diligence and hard work. Very much appreciated.

What Tsarnaev's 'apology' left out

"(CNN)Something shocking happened at Dzhokhar Tsarnaev's sentencing hearing on Wednesday: He stood up and spoke.

Some have called it an apology. This was no apology.

Survivor Lynn Julian called it an "Oscar-type speech," and survivor Scott Weisberg felt Tsarnaev's claims of remorse in the bombing of the Boston Marathon were "hard to believe." CNN anchor Ashleigh Banfield wasn't buying it either, noting that she apologized more profusely for spilling water on a woman sitting next to her on an airplane. One survivor said she'd waited years to hear him speak, and now that he had, she regretted it..

But Judge George O'Toole had the final word...."

http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/24/opinions/robbins-tsarnaev-apology/index.html

Statements of Dzhokhar Tsarnaev

http://documents.latimes.com/statements-dzhokhar-tsarnaev/
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Boston Bombing Survivors Give Mixed Reactions to Dzhokhar Tsarnaev's Apology

http://abcnews.go.com/US/boston-bom...reactions-dzhokar-tsarnaevs/story?id=32003807
--------------------------------------------------------------

CISNR7XWIAADnxd.jpg

Link: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CISNR7XWIAADnxd.jpg
---------------------------------------------------------------

Boston Marathon bomber arrives at Colorado penitentiary

"BOSTON (AP) — Boston Marathon bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev arrived at the U.S. Penitentiary in Florence, Colorado, on Thursday, a day after he was sentenced to death. A spokesman for the U.S. Department of Justice confirmed that Tsarnaev was being held at the high-security facility. The penitentiary is in the same prison complex as the ADX, a Supermax prison, but is a different institution....

Here's a look at what Tsarnaev's life will be like on death row:..."

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/e069...on-bomber-likely-headed-death-row-terre-haute

460x.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member