Ebola outbreak - general thread #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ill I have to say is if this gentleman comes back with Ebola especially after they said no risk, they will have panic on their hands.

There's ALWAYS a reason that JJ shows up and it's never for altruistic purposes. Louise is already making noises about "lack of proper care". You can bet she's planning on suing.

What standing would she have? The two were not legally married. They weren't living together.

What standing would she have? The two were not legally married. They weren't living together.

They do have a child together. Maybe sue on behalf of son.... I personally think they should deal with Thomas Duncan's death and move passed all this and thank their lucky stars that so far none of them have become sick.

She's trying. She and the nephew are making noises about Duncan receiving substandard care based on their citizenship, ability to pay, etc, etc.
She wanted his son to be able to visit Duncan in isolation!!!

So is giving antibiotics considered "minimal treatment"? To me that seems Duncan was examined by a doctor who had to prescribe them.

Or a "nurse practitioner"; they can prescribe meds.

My guess is that any patient who shows up in a U.S. hospital from now on who honestly answers questions about possible exposure and is showing any symptoms is NOT going to be turned away regardless of insurance status. One of the problems with our public healthcare system is that ERs are simply overwhelmed with routine care patients (flu, colds, etc.) because they cannot turn away the uninsured if the hospital accepts federal funds. That whole question is probably for the political forum but unless patients are being honest about where they've been and what they've been potentially exposed to, I can't blame hospitals for not admitting every patient who arrives in the ER with a fever and stomach pains. It just isn't feasible, folks, financially or logistically.

Also, if there is accepted research that domestic animals can be carriers of Ebola it is HIGH time that word gets out to the public. I was in Mumbai last year and I can tell you that between the population density, the number of people living on the streets with no sanitary facilities, the high number of feral dogs, cats, and cows and the cultural resistance to killing the cows especially, if Ebola ever gets loose there it will be very, very bad. So domestic animals as carriers is a realistic scenario the right thing to do is TELL PEOPLE THAT, and take precautions not to let feral animals run in areas of outbreaks. Also, pets are routinely quarantined for possible rabies infection, not immediately euthanized, and if I recall correctly the mortality rate for rabies is even higher than Ebola in humans.

They do have a child together. Maybe sue on behalf of son.... I personally think they should deal with Thomas Duncan's death and move passed all this and thank their lucky stars that so far none of them have become sick.

He hadn't seen that son in 16 years.

His son said it was because he was not a American. His fiancee said he should have got the new medicine sooner.

I suggest the authorities do research to verify which of those "family members" are actual citizens.

Any family members that are NOT U.S. citizens can file a lawsuit with a Liberian attorney (after they have been repatriated with Liberia). Hey we all needed a laugh to break the tension right?

http://time.com/3480961/ebola-animals-transmission/

Can Dogs (And Other Animals) Get Ebola?

I can't quote the whole article but there are important points in it that will be of interest to people of differing opinion. To me it backs up my opinion. You may feel quite differently that me, read the article and feel it supports your opinion. Such is life, I'm not here to fuss, only to make sure that everyone has exposure to good information.

We all may waffle back and forth on subjects and have differing viewpoints but the fact that we find reliable sources to back up our point of view and present them is educational to everyone. We all want the truth and want everyone to be safe.

In the last 16 years she didn't take him to visit his father once. The family has lost any sympathy I could have for them.

There's a whole story on its own on that.. It was on the Internet in a news article then pulled.. I'm sure Google could be your friend on that.

She says she doesn't remember. She thinks she might have done it (or something like that). I think they pestered her until she came up with some sort of an explanation.

Oh please that belief is a stretch. I do respect your right to have it though.

They reported she remembers wiping her face while she still had gloves on. jmo

She remembers what they TELL her to remember, maybe she was wiping her face, maybe she got it while trying to remove her suit WITHOUT assistance from co-workers.

But fortunately Spain is safe now that they have killed Excalibur.

I personally don't think they have a leg to stand on with a law suit imo.. They got great free care a house etc.. IMO the citizens of Dallas did more than they should have.. IMO his family needs to be sued for putting the citizens of Dallas at unnecessary risk.. Don't slap your southern hospitality in the face.

Especially since his "family" tried to leave the apartment after KNOWING he had Ebola and they had been exposed to it. The local Dallas police had to post armed officers outside because these thoughtless people wanted to get out without regard to how many others would be exposed to an incurable and deadly disease.

Louise's grief must be great right now and nerves on edge.
I would be on my knees praying that ebola didn't take anyone else especially my family that my boyfriend exposed them to.
But I am sure eager lawyers and activists will put $$$ in front of her eyes.
Greed is a very evil thing.
My sympathies go to Duncan's mother,

Hope this board does not go into attack mode on the family who has just lost a loved one, I can see it heading that way already.

Is it insensitive of me to say I'm more worried about the harmless and blameless dog than the woman?

Almost NO diseases are transmittable cross species. "putting the dog down" is a knee jerk reaction, imo.

I despise ignorance. This was so unnecessary and thoughtless. I'm new here so I'm just finding my way around. Not sure how to quote every post, BUT someone posted earlier that some dogs contracted Ebola from eating flesh from corpses.

Obviously, this poor dog didn't eat any flesh of a corpse since this woman is still alive. I also am skeptical about these claims.

Almost ZERO human diseases can be transmitted to animals, just like almost ZERO animal diseases can be transmitted to humans.

Forgive me for what may seem like an over-reaction to this news. I am an animal lover who fosters dogs and cats until they can find forever homes, and I've been exposed to a lot of diseases that dogs and cats carry. The worst I've ever gotten from an infected animal was ringworm.

Although unpleasant and uncomfortable, it's treatable with topical meds. I don't mean to diminish the Ebola virus in humans, but killing the dog seems like a knee jerk reaction.

From WHO, "The virus [ebola] is transmitted to people from wild animals and spreads in the human population through human-to-human transmission."

http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs103/en/

From web md, here are 39 diseases you can get directly from animals. Rabies was the first one that popped in my head.

http://www.webmd.com/healthy-aging/features/diseases-from-animals-primer

We all may waffle back and forth on subjects and have differing viewpoints but the fact that we find reliable sources to back up our point of view and present them is educational to everyone. We all want the truth and want everyone to be safe.

So why are you so concerned about the dog thing?

Are you worried that DOGS might introduce the virus into your state or into your home? Are you worried about dogs from West Africa arriving on international flights to Louisiana and infecting the local populace?

This isn't about dogs, if you want to kill or get rid of your dog you don't need to use Ebola as an excuse.

There is NO clinical link to canine infection or transmission whatsoever, but if you want to kill your dog you don't need to find a reason, and using Ebola as a reason is stretching things to an extreme.

Hope this board does not go into attack mode on the family who has just lost a loved one, I can see it heading that way already.

I agree. Maybe we should all try and focus on the illness at hand instead like the MOD said to earlier...jmo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarlaJCarl