Ebola outbreak - general thread #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been thinking about Bentley all day...:(

:beagle: :cupcake: :heartbeat:

My baby is in the middle of a urinary infection right now. On antibiotics now and doing better RUFF RUFF about Bentley, if that is true that is just cruel. Put some blankets in a small room, some toys, put on a radio, hes dog, he has no way of knowing why his existnacee has totally changed - he misses mommy. IMO he does not even need this - but then at least I say we did turn into dog murders like over there . That was repuslive. Anyone know how much longer the baby witll be tortured for no reason? Pathetic JMO

He was passing urine left and right (peeing everywhere). They kept him at the clinic in a cage so they could get a sample from him using a needle, but every time they would try he just peed on the table so they never did get a sterile sample out of him.
He isn't dead. He is very much alive. I put him on special urinary cat food.

It seems obvious to me that whatever helpful plasma they have donated there would be used to treat one of the thousands of people in their own area that need it, rather than sending it to the US for one of the 2-3 cases here.

Depending on how often you can donate, there might be enough for everyone.

That's as long as I can be quiet.

So the CDC's definition quarantining Duncan's family really meant don't go out in public too much.
Nigeria and Senegal stopped the spread of ebola in their countries by QUARANTINING the people who were potentially exposed. Jmo

[h=2]uar·an·tine[/h] noun \ˈkwȯr-ən-ˌtēn, ˈkwär-\: the period of time during which a person or animal that has a disease or that might have a disease is kept away from others to prevent the disease from spreading
: the situation of being kept away from others to prevent a disease from spreading

Why can't people stick to their quarantines???? I had to quarantine myself one time because I was radioactive and I didn't cheat not once!

Hope you don't mind me going off of your post SStarr...

From article link above: "The doctor makes no mention of eye protection such as goggles or a face shield, which are considered basic equipment in Ebola guidelines issued by the CDC."

I feel that I need to say something here regarding the reason/importance of eye protection, although it may seem obvious to many in a healthcare environment, where a patient may experience projectile vomiting, excessive coughing, etc. However, even if a patient is not exhibiting these symptoms, the danger exists and, in full and complete disclosure, my opinion is not based on my medical experience - I have none. Matter of fact, I work in social services and am currently pursuing my M.S.W., however, I also run a professional cleaning business, and the majority of my contracts are with banking institutions. I'm sure many of you are familiar with the glass partitions in the front of every teller's window when you go into the bank to do your banking. Second to bathrooms, cleaning these glass partitions nightly is the dirtiest (grossest) job for me. Each and every glass partition is covered with sprayed dried spit. We don't realize it, but when we talk (some more so than others due to medications/medical issues, false teeth, gum/candy in mouth...) we often spray/spit saliva. When I clean, I've always been adamant about PPE and I've often been the brunt of jokes among colleagues who think I'm overly hysterical/cautious - until now.

JMO ~

If you take 100 random people of any cross section and monitor all of their fevers only for 21 days, won't a few or more have a low grade fever at one point during 21 days due to LOTS of things other than ebola? If it's merely a low grade fever, it could be anything, right? I guess I'd like to know the reason she is on the watch list. Is she another nurse or someone who came into much more casual contact ?

TWO HOURS AGO

WFAA-TV
2 hours ago
"Dallas is safe," says Mayor Mike Rawlings in a video clip posted by the Convention & Visitors Bureau. Do you have any lingering concerns about Ebola? Is there something more you feel health officials should be doing?

STORY: http://bit.ly/107peRV

50 MINUTES AGO

WFAA-TV
51 minutes ago
Woman on #Ebola watch list falls ill at Dallas DART rail station.

STORY: http://bit.ly/1wcuXAD

JS

If you take 100 random people of any cross section and monitor all of their fevers only for 21 days, won't a few or more have a low grade fever at one point during 21 days due to LOTS of things other than ebola? If it's merely a low grade fever, it could be anything, right? I guess I'd like to know the reason she is on the watch list. Is she another nurse or someone who came into much more casual contact ?

I very much doubt all she had was low grade fever when she was discovered "falling ill." Must have been some other symptoms she was exhibiting.
From the updated article, she was a resident of the apartments in which Duncan lived before going to the hospital.

I very much doubt all she had was low grade fever when she was discovered "falling ill." Must have been some other symptoms she was exhibiting.
From the updated article, she was a resident of the apartments in which Duncan lived before going to the hospital.
''Dallas Fire-Rescue hazardous materials teams were dispatched to the station'''From the updated article. This makes me think they had something to clean up .

http://ux.wfaa.com/story/news/health/2014/10/18/ebola-dart-station-dallas-monitoring/17503345/

Are we thinking this has to be someone from Louise's family?

Because no one else around that apartment complex was voluntary quarantined, were they? (Unless it was just someone who decided to self-quarantine.)

Banner at the above article says that Judge Jenkins will discuss DART incident at 3:30 p.m.

Are we thinking this has to be someone from Louise's family?

Banner at the above article says that Judge Jenkins will discuss DART incident at 3:30 p.m.

Louise's family quarantined at some gated community. So unless they managed to escape from there (without anyone reporting it), I don't think they would be at a Dart station.

Louise's family quarantined at some gated community. So unless they managed to escape from there (without anyone reporting it), I don't think they would be at a Dart station.

That's right. I'm having a hard time keeping track.

But who would it been then - "A woman who was being monitored for possible exposure to the Ebola virus"....

Re Subway lady, or all the others to continue living for some peroid time....

I have come to a morons conclusion that anyone with a career in journalism has never experienced:

A – an off day, draggy, just off
or

B A cold, flu or a strep throat infection.

Its like the expectation, of them t Like they dont know that a cold, a flu, or any other infection brews, like Italian sauce slow. It most instances it is an off day. However after a couple of day one might realize this is not an off but onset of the flu or cold. Prior to that determination, however, people are not running to take their temperature.

Fever has its own “feel” And IMO it is only after it rises, slowly, that one concludes I am running temp. I would also think that also most of us have had a headache, an upset tummy, felt nauseous and all it turns out to be is a headache, a tummy ache.

Their notion that everyone should instantly freeze is silly IMO.

Especially with the nurse. She had lived through hell, watching a human die a miserable dealt. She had been in total chaos. She planned to travel- an exhausting event these days in and of itself.

IMO, it was totally reasonable, esp[specially at that time with the info that was being given at that time, that it really makes sense to me that she concluded for a couple of days she worn down. Needed a nap – took some. Reasonable to me

The article as been updated with new details: "DALLAS — Officials now say that a woman who fell ill at the Dallas Area Rapid Transit White Rock Station Saturday afternoon is not known to be a part of any Ebola watch list.

DART spokesman Morgan Lyons said the person exited a northbound Blue Line train at the station and vomited on the platform. She was earlier reported to have a low-grade fever at the facility in Northeast Dallas."

http://ux.wfaa.com/story/news/health/2014/10/18/ebola-dart-station-dallas-monitoring/17503345/

Yes, she does live at the apartment complex.

That's right. I'm having a hard time keeping track.

But who would it been then - "A woman who was being monitored for possible exposure to the Ebola virus"....

Maybe somebody who came over to the apartment when Mr. Duncan was there? Although it's now reported she was not on Ebola watch list, so maybe someone who just lived there in the apartment building.

The article as been updated with new details: "DALLAS — Officials now say that a woman who fell ill at the Dallas Area Rapid Transit White Rock Station Saturday afternoon is not known to be a part of any Ebola watch list.

DART spokesman Morgan Lyons said the person exited a northbound Blue Line train at the station and vomited on the platform. She was earlier reported to have a low-grade fever at the facility in Northeast Dallas."

Yes, she does live at the apartment complex.

Vomited. I knew it! Not a part of watch list. They didn't put Mr. Duncan's neighbors on the watch list.
But the nurses were not put on the list either.
Mr. Duncan's vomit was on the pavement for who knows how many hours (days), while people were walking around in sandals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member