DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They will be doing contact tracing on 4 people, lol

Yeah ok, I feel better now....not...

Presser-Dr self contained himself. Ok

Wondering about his GF...Did she have relations with him? Does she work?

I feel for the bowling alley owner and employees. Who is going to want to go bowling (ebowling?) there anytime soon? Well, perhaps some Brooklyn hipsters will show support and make a show of bowling and surviving.

But, this really could cripple a business.

LOL...I guess IF you are a dumpster diver and come across such trash..It better be within 4-6 hours..as Eboli Virus does NOT survive outside of body and fluids after that time Needs HEAT and blood cells in order to survive) Not to mention his virulent blood level of EBoli is low compared to END STAGE when fluids are full of the virus..

....But I do agree..if nothing but for appearances..GLoves should have been discarded into a isolation-type bag for burnings...

I've heard conflicting reports about how long the virus can live in fluids on its own outside the body. I think i heard it could be even a day or longer under the right conditions.

Also, in NYC, it is fairly common to see people going through the dumpsters looking for bottles and cans to collect for money. I used to live there and it is more common sight than you would think. I also worry not so much of that as I do the trash people that will be having to unload that dumpster. Some use machines of course, but not uncommon to see trash workers just use their hands to replace bags.

Just food for thought.

If it is only for appearances, then why do they incinerate the barely used ebola gloves at the hospital? Why even put them in biohazard? It is way more expensive.

Maybe you are unaware..Most hospital BURN their trash..at least up here in Canada..we have been incinerating trash for over 2 decades on site..I recall watching the huge smoke stack when leaving work wondering just what was being put into the atmosphere??

As to why would they burn anything..It's as they say "Out of abundance of Caution" and heaven forbid anything gets sent to dumps that could spread germs..and Im not even talking about EBoli either..There's an abundance of contagions out there far more virulent than Eboli..and survive outside of the body...

Just cant believe it. CNN on in background - they are, for hours, on national TV- explain what a fever is, why it happens etc. Pretty sad that some news director thinks people are confused and lost about "fever" - its laughable IMO!

I feel for the bowling alley owner and employees. Who is going to want to go bowling (ebowling?) there anytime soon? Well, perhaps some Brooklyn hipsters will show support and make a show of bowling and surviving.

BBM lmfao. thank you for making me laugh! <3

Precautions on West African soil include spraying healthcare workers with disinfectant and having them step into serial tubs of disinfectant. PPE is placed in biohazard and burned.

Totally irresponsible and if you think that's hyperbole, so be it!!!!!

You're making a bigger deal out it than the situation warrants. You should know that. If he had been vomiting and experiencing copious diarrhea in that apartment, yeah, throw around all your exclamation points. But that's not the case. Really not all that "irresponsible" other than further panicking people who are prone to panic.

I've heard conflicting reports about how long the virus can live in fluids on its own outside the body. I think i heard it could be even a day or longer under the right conditions.

Also, in NYC, it is fairly common to see people going through the dumpsters looking for bottles and cans to collect for money. I used to live there and it is more common sight than you would think. I also worry not so much of that as I do the trash people that will be having to unload that dumpster. Some use machines of course, but not uncommon to see trash workers just use their hands to replace bags.

Just food for thought.

Couldn't agree with you more Hatfield. It's the same way in my area.

Wondering about his GF...Did she have relations with him? Does she work?

As far as we know, she has been COMPLETELY asymptomatic to date. So why is whether or not she works relevant? Apparently she is now in isolation. If she begins to exhibit symptoms, she will not have the opportunity to infect the population at large.

Maybe you are unaware..Most hospital BURN their trash..at least up here in Canada..we have been incinerating trash for over 2 decades on site..I recall watching the huge smoke stack when leaving work wondering just what was being put into the atmosphere??

As to why would they burn anything..It's as they say "Out of abundance of Caution" and heaven forbid anything gets sent to dumps that could spread germs..and Im not even talking about EBoli either..There's an abundance of contagions out there far more virulent than Eboli..and survive outside of the body...

I've been around physician practices and hospitals for over 20 years. Glad to know the first post was sarcasm. I misunderstood.

"developed a fever, nausea, pain and fatigue Wednesday night."

"The health department said a special ambulance unit transported a patient suffering from a fever and gastrointestinal symptoms."
http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/23/health/new-york-possible-ebola-case/index.html

Sounds like he did have vomiting and diarrhea as well as fever, but that's just my opinion... he was sick well before 10-11:00am Thursday.
Before midnight at least.

All posts are MOO

Just cant believe it. CNN on in background - they are, for hours, on national TV- explain what a fever is, why it happens etc. Pretty sad that some news director thinks people are confused and lost about "fever" - its laughable IMO!

There are a lot of Americans who cannot find the USA on a world map. I wouldn't assume that information about the implications of a fever is totally understood by everyone.

Oh good I feel better now...not. He self quarnteen himself Sooo no worries...not

I'm really worried for his gf.

Who are they trying to fool? This guy used public transportation, he went to a restaurant, he went bowling. What kind of self-quarantine is that?

"The health department said a special ambulance unit transported a patient suffering from a fever and gastrointestinal symptoms."

Sounds like he did have vomiting and diarrhea as well as fever, but that's just my opinion...
Sounds like he was sick well before 10-11:00am Thursday.

All posts are MOO

The link you posted says he experienced symptoms Wednesday, but the video states his symptoms began Thursday morning with fever and nausea ("sluggishness prior to that.) No mention of vomiting/diarrhea.

As far as when a person can actually transmit the disease, I will agree that once a person becomes symptomatic then they are MORE LIKELY to transmit the disease to others because their level of infection is greater in their bodily fluids, but I am not at the point where I think that a person that is mildly sick with a fever has no chance whatsoever of transmitting it.

From what I am hearing from Dr. Gupta, it is not like an "on/off" switch. With my luck in life, I would be one of the unlucky soals that happened to catch it by touching a handrail that only had 1 part per billion on it.

Thank you!! As a business owner, I can tell you that if this happened at our business, it would be devestating. Whether there is risk or not it's people's perception. There needs to be a quarentine for returning hcw in my opinion.

Sounds like he did have vomiting and diarrhea as well as fever, but that's just my opinion... he was sick well before 10-11:00am Thursday.

All posts are MOO

I wonder if he didn't take the subway home because he felt sick

He had no vomiting or diarrhea in his apartment, so all those exclamation points seem a little hyperbolic to me, quite frankly. He merely presented with a fever in that apartment. The virus appears first in the blood, then later in vomit and feces, later in sweat. Let's not exaggerate the risk here.

How do you know that he didn't?
Reportedly he is quite ill already and has GI symptoms.

Just food for thought.

BBM!! OH MY GOD....This is such a valid point! I have been to NYC myself and there are so many homeless people. They will dig through the garbage looking for food etc... I never even thought about that and now that you pointed it out this could get out of control fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bumped41075