Ebola outbreak - general thread #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Think of a beef stew simmering on the stove for two weeks!

Has any anchor during all this, displayed any compassion or kindness, any concern or caring to any of the people who are going through this. Lets pretend what follows is happening to one of us.... I don’t feel good, I certainly would not find having to be put in a space suit, running a fever, feeling achy, a helpful experience.

Then I have to walk around, crawl into ambulance with all this on me – I am already pooped.

It would make things worse for me. Then I have media lights, emergency vehicles (15 of them) flashing blue and red lights, helicopters, people, everywhere, gawking at me, Sirens blaring.

When I do not feel good I am fond of quiet. Stillness.

Would be kinda overwhelming if I was feeling great. Then with the world watching, I walk into the ambulance feeling horrible, then have this long ride, with helicopters flying over me, being asked millions of questions during the assessment in the ambulance,, being told all kinds of confusing information, while the whole time I just watched someone die from the same illness I have.

Now I am pooped- get into the hospital, everyone around me is walking around in martian suites, asking more questions, rolling me around getting me into a martian room that makes me feel like a leper. I am exhausted, tired, scared, feel like crying, could use a hug, and everyone is quietly scared to dealt of me- like I an a cootie..

Having to talk to or listen to everybody who in reality, is the same thing as a prison communication room with thick glass, hard to understand, and they are asking me to remember every darn thing I did for the last week, where I walked, did I go to the bathroom near my bridal shop, did I touch the dress lady. if so how long, did I cough on the place, what direction did I turn my head when I coughed, how many people were around me on the flight, do you know there seat numbers, did you lean into someone on the flight, did you use more than one bathroom, did you urinate in the airport, what bathroom did you use .

How would she use her cell phone??

And from the beginning media makes it like everyone is lying? even though it increases the likelihood of me dying in a gruesome manner. NO final hug with loved ones? -IMO it is just mean, not logical and, sorry moronic – IMO

I have not heard one news person have any compassion ….....................it says something about America, IMO, and what it is saying??................

Oh, how do you take someone temperature when the suffering individual is wrapped up like saran wrap??

While I am in the state of mind! Bridal shop – thatch all about peoples ha[pp time. What are all these brides to be to do if they are scared to go in there – go some where else, what about $$$?

How, as a nation did we totally lose any caring for one anther –----------- THAT is scary.....

Where did we go? -Where are we??

OK OK feel a bit better TY you guys

Secretary of State John Kerry even weighed in, personally calling the Belizean Prime Minister Dean Barrow asking him to allow the passenger to be evacuated through the port, but was rebuffed. Kerry then suggested that an American helicopter could land on the cruise ship and transfer the passenger to an American medevac plane at a Belize airport, but that plan was also rejected.

"My decision had been made. The window of opportunity if it had ever existed had slammed shut," Barrow told Kerry, according to two Belizean government officials.

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/ebola-scare-sends-caribbean-cruise-ship-back-home/story?id=26276019

Oh, I think it's terrible. I imagine the emotional toll of 3 weeks or more of this is overwhelming.

It seems the Spanish nurse with ebola has also requested privacy. The last update I could find with a quick search was from last Thursday (over a week ago), and her condition at that time had worsened. Anyone have more current information? Perhaps someone who reads Spanish could find something as maybe the case has local coverage?

Sounds like she's doing much better, but not fully recovered yet. It seems like she's picked up some lung infection that wasn't a direct result of Ebola, but she got it probably from being in a weakened state due to the disease.

http://www.latercera.com/noticia/mu...ola-esta-practicamente-fuera-de-peligro.shtml

Spanish nurse with Ebola is "practically out of danger"

Teresa Romero, a Spanish nurse infected with Ebola, is "practically out of danger" after having overcome the most difficult part of the evolution of the virus, the authorities of that country explained today.

Romero, who is in the Carlos III hospital of Madrid, was the first person diagnosed with Ebola outside Africa, after participating in the treatment of a missionary who died due to complications of the virus at the same hospital.

According to the head of Virology at the hospital, Jose Maria Echevarria, it is "quite likely" that the nurse "is eliminating infection from the virological point of view; Teresa is progressing toward healing, toward eliminating the virus," after passing the most difficult stage of evolution of the disease, and having yesterday confirmed that the viral load in her blood has dropped.

http://www.farodevigo.es/espana/2014/10/16/teresa-romero-muestra-signos-superar/1113163.html

Teresa Romero shows signs of overcoming Ebola infection

Head Virologist at the Carlos III Hospital of Madrid and member of the special Committee against Ebola, Jose Maria Echevarria, said that the viral load in the blood of nursing assistant Teresa Romero "has decreased appreciably" and she shows "signs of overcoming the infection."

In an interview with Antena 3 picked up by Europa Press, he said that they must wait until "lung problems due to the disease are resolved", her recovery being complicated by the fact that she is a smoker.

"It's a consequence of the disease, but not directly from the infection itself. Lung problems take time to resolve, but according to doctors, she is progressing well," he noted.

So now they are saying the hospital worker on the cruise ship maybe showing symptoms (second link from Belize).

Mexico and Belize are NOT granting the ship access to their shores. The ship is planning to return home now. The 3500 aboard that ship are surely not happy campers, this is going to slow down the cruise industry even more.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ng-texas-ebola-nurse-refused-entry-in-belize/

http://belizean.com/belize-confirms-patient-with-ebola-symptoms-on-cruise-ship-off-its-coast-1814/

Could be sea sickness too

So now they are saying the hospital worker on the cruise ship maybe showing symptoms (second link from Belize).

Mexico and Belize are NOT granting the ship access to their shores. The ship is planning to return home now. The 3500 aboard that ship are surely not happy campers, this is going to slow down the cruise industry even more.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ng-texas-ebola-nurse-refused-entry-in-belize/

http://belizean.com/belize-confirms-patient-with-ebola-symptoms-on-cruise-ship-off-its-coast-1814/

At least SOME countries have enough common sense to keep potentially infected people from crossing borders and spreading this disease. Sucks to be the REST of the passengers who paid for a vacation and yet can't continue it.

How many lawsuits are going to ensue after all of this? How many businesses and hospitals are going to go broke and face bankruptcy after all the lunacy?

She is. I have been posting links.
Yeah I've been following the "vomiting woman on the bus" links all day I'm just wondering why it wasn't stated that she was one and the same and why they are thinking it over as to test her for Ebola or not, seeing that she just came back from Liberia and is ill. Why the need "to think about it".

Cruise industry and airlines....... I wonder if a bailout will follow.

Sounds like she's doing much better, but not fully recovered yet. It seems like she's picked up some lung infection that wasn't a direct result of Ebola, but she got it probably from being in a weakened state due to the disease.

http://www.latercera.com/noticia/mu...ola-esta-practicamente-fuera-de-peligro.shtml

http://www.farodevigo.es/espana/2014/10/16/teresa-romero-muestra-signos-superar/1113163.html

Good news! Let's hope our two nurses also recover. Thanks for finding this info.

Oh, how do you take someone temperature when the suffering individual is wrapped up like saran wrap??

I think Amber only wore the suit for travel and probably could take it off inside the plane. The patients aren't wearing those in their hospital rooms.

Fact is once diarrhea starts to get bad the patients will lose all dignity. Hopefully they keep them juiced on up happy drugs to reduce the anxiety and numb any pain.

I wish I had a dollar for every time I've heard these words today . . .

out of an abundance of caution

I wonder if the Baylor patient is Nurse Pham's boyfriend?

I was wondering why we'd heard nothing about him. I'm so distracted with RL today , I'm sorry if I missed it. I saw Baylor and thought Local? But then I assumed it was a Baylor in another state with all of these vomiters about.

I was wondering why we'd heard nothing about him. I'm so distracted with RL today , I'm sorry if I missed it. I saw Baylor and thought Local? But then I assumed it was a Baylor in another state with all of these vomiters about.

I am curious about Louise and the rest of the people who Duncan exposed. Has there been any news about them?

Yeah I've been following the "vomiting woman on the bus" links all day I'm just wondering why it wasn't stated that she was one and the same and why they are thinking it over as to test her for Ebola or not, seeing that she just came back from Liberia and is ill. Why the need "to think about it".

Going by the 4pm news, it's not clear she is from WA vs Liberia. idk

It's Baylor in Dallas, presumably a local who stated he/she had contact with an Ebola patient and screened positive for symptoms.

It has to be either Pham's boyfriend, one of Duncan's people or perhaps another health worker?

MCK16

I posted some links yesterday that detailed the fact that a high level hospital employee had called her to apologize for how things had gone. So far she nor the other family members are showing any signs of Ebola. Their 21 days in seclusion ends on Monday I believe.

That's what her uncle said last night.

I tend to believe the uncle. She would call Texas before she would call CDC. We do not know who in Texas she called, though. Was it the Hospital Authorities or the TX health dept or who? Anyway, TX called CDC and the uncle said that there were several calls back and forth between TX and CDC before CDC gave the go ahead. And then I'm wondering, I thought CDC had sent 20 CDC hot shots to Presby...or to Texas, at any rate, so why would they have to make a bunch of phonecalls to CDC if they were right there in Texas. sheesh. JMO

Here is Baylor's statement again from the Facebook page "Baylor Health Care System"

Baylor Health Care System
about an hour ago · Edited
Statement Issued At 1:45 p.m. CST

Baylor Scott & White Health has not received any confirmed cases of Ebola.

A patient presented at Baylor University Medical Center at Dallas Thursday evening reporting Ebola symptoms and indicated contact with someone with the disease. The patient was transferred within hours to Texas Health Presbyterian as directed by the Dallas County Health Department.

Upon arrival to Baylor University Medical Center, the patient entered the hospital through a private entrance. That entrance was then closed, and the patient was immediately isolated. While again, there is no confirmation this patient is infected with Ebola, we are following all CDC disease-containment guidelines.

https://www.facebook.com/baylorhealth

1) no one has issued a statement saying this person is ebola negative

2) Baylor is covering their butts by saying essentially ...there was no ebola patient here.... As in Baylor is safe, don't start canceling cases... :cow:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne