CA Edgar Vera Aquino, 29 Santa Maria, CA - Reported Missing 24 June 9 - Last Seen in Fremont County, Idaho - Family Desperate for Answers

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Knox

Reaction score

poster_a699dab2077740d4ba3e8ec5101d09ef.jpg

MISSING SANTA MARIA MAN.jpg

Posted 8:59 AM, Aug 29, 2024
Neil Hebert

It’s been over two months since a Santa Maria man was reported missing after being last seen in Idaho, and the family is desperate for answers.

29-year-old Edgar Vera Aquino was reported missing on June 9th in a remote area of Fremont County, Idaho, about two hours west of Yellowstone National Park.

According to his former employer in the Santa Maria area, Aquino and his eight-year-old daughter were helping him move to Montana the first week of June. The employer, who tells KSBY he was working a job in Santa Barbara County when Aquino went missing, rented a Penske rental truck for Aquino to take some of his belongings to a rental unit in Montana.

He went on to tell KSBY that on the way back to California, Aquino and his daughter stopped at Yellowstone National Park. After visiting the park, Aquino called him and asked for $100 because he said he couldn’t access money from his bank. That was the last time he says he spoke with Aquino.

Aquino’s daughter was found safe the next morning near the area he disappeared. The Fremont County Sheriff’s Office tells KSBY that shortly after learning of Aquino’s disappearance, they sent out search parties on foot, used dogs to track his scent and used an overhead helicopter search, but did not locate the missing man.

If you have any information regarding Aquino’s disappearance, contact the Fremont County Sheriff’s Office at 208-624-4482.

Attachments

• 254D8C6D-5F07-4B17-96DE-21E40EC783F3.jpeg
    254D8C6D-5F07-4B17-96DE-21E40EC783F3.jpeg
    43 KB · Views: 0
  • B14F8736-5DF5-46B3-A63F-10726D9B66A4.jpeg
    B14F8736-5DF5-46B3-A63F-10726D9B66A4.jpeg
    40.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
He's in the court system in Santa Barbara County (where he was working prior to the "move"). Court has his name as Veraquino, Edgar Ivan. Superior Court of California, County of Santa Barbara
AKA VeraAquino , Edgar Ivan
AKA Vera Aquino , Edgar Ivan
AKA Vera , Edgar Ivan
Cases are not recent, but one resulted in a conviction and a sentence of probation. Both charges relate to driving without a license. I wonder if that's why his employer rented the truck. Perhaps Edgar couldn't legally rent one if he didn't have a current or valid license.
It also states the daughter was found. What happened to the Penske Rental Truck??

I don't understand what Edgar was doing in the Red Road area of Fremont County Idaho to begin with?

I've pieced together the story from bits gathered from the FCSO missing post. Edgar's ex-boss asked him for help to move from California to Montana. Boss rented a Penske moving truck, Edgar would drive the truck to destination and return back home. He took his 8 year-old daughter with him because he planned to stop at Yellowstone with her. They made that stop just fine.

On the return trip, somehow he ends up on Red Rock Road. He is followed, stopped the moving truck - told his daughter to run hide. She is later found by a passing motorist and returned to California. Edgar is never seen again. No further details are available.

Fremont County Sheriff - Idaho

Edgar is still missing. These photos are presumed to be what he was wearing the night of his disappearance. Please see our previous post about Edgar for additional photos.

Fremont County Sheriff’s Office is requesting assistance locating missing 29-year-old Edgar Vera Aquino. Edgar was last seen in the Red Road area of Fremont County, ID. Edgar is approx. 6’2 and 215 lbs and was wearing a white and black t-shirt with the word Reebok and the Reebok symbol and tan shorts.

If you have any information about Edgar or his current whereabouts, please contact the Fremont County Sheriff’s Office @ 208-624-4482.

I'm not great at mapping. Hoping for some help from someone who has some knowledge of the area Edgar disappeared in.

To end up on Red Road, coming out of Yellowstone. It looks like he turned off HWY 20, there is also a Phillips 66 gas station at that point. Is that the location of the last seen photos (Island Park, ID)? Street View · Google Maps

Would this be the usual route for someone to take if they were headed back to California?

The information on his "telling his daughter to go hide" I've only been able to find on a Reddit site, which was taken from a Facebook comment. I've seen nothing in the media or from LE as to the particular of his last movements. so if someone has a link for that please pass it on. Thanks!

The language as to the move was confusing when I first read it. Was Edgar's boss actually the one moving? Or was Edgar moving and the daughter was "helping" him with the employer just helping rent a truck. I think it was the employer that was moving, and Edgar was just making the drive with his stuff and then would bring the truck back, but it wasn't worded very clearly IMO.

The information on his "telling his daughter to go hide" I've only been able to find on a Reddit site, which was taken from a Facebook comment. I've seen nothing in the media or from LE as to the particular of his last movements. so if someone has a link for that please pass it on. Thanks!

The language as to the move was confusing when I first read it. Was Edgar's boss actually the one moving? Or was Edgar moving and the daughter was "helping" him with the employer just helping rent a truck. I think it was the employer that was moving, and Edgar was just making the drive with his stuff and then would bring the truck back, but it wasn't worded very clearly IMO.
Read comments on the FCSO Missing post.

My understanding is that Edgar was helping his (ex) boss moving to Nevada by driving the truck rented by the boss

I’m pretty sure there used to be a thread for him, but I couldn’t find it by searching.

Read comments on the FCSO Missing post.
Thanks - that's the FB comment the reddit page must have been referring to. But the person making the comment isn't LE, and their relationship to the missing man is unknown. If the information in the comments is true LE is not putting it out there.

Just a note: when I posted his vehicular charges in Santa Barbara Co. (driving while suspended/revoked) the charges were actually driving while suspended/revoked for reasons other than driving ability. Could be arrest history for offenses resulting in revocation but in other counties, or something as simple as failure to pay child support. But there weren't any records to that effect in Santa Barbara (or San Louis Obispo Co, I checked there as well). Los Angeles Co requires a fee to search. If anyone finds any prior addresses for him that might be a start but given the number of "aliases" (variances of his name spelling) I couldn't find one.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butterfliesfly777
Back